(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,677 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by RussMyers
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 234.
#11401 32 days ago
Quoted from pindoc1:

Trying to install a Pindefender in my Scooby Doo shooter lane. I loosened the screws to the 2 rails to the right of the shooter lane. The far right one wiggles a bit but the one just to the right of the shooter lane won’t budge. Is there a hidden screw or tape holding it down? Do I need to remove the apron? (Which looks like a PITA) Some documentation by Spooky would really be helpful for future tear downs and servicing.
Thanks.

I just cut off the right side of the pin defender, sanded it and used double side tape to hold it in place. No need to unscrew everything and it has held in place really nicely for me.

#11402 32 days ago
Quoted from Ikara:

I just cut off the right side of the pin defender, sanded it and used double side tape to hold it in place. No need to unscrew everything and it has held in place really nicely for me.

^this^
That’s what I did for my Scooby and Halloween but I used a glue dot.

#11403 32 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

We didn't get an order number from Spooky. We ordered the topper from the same distributor we ordered the game from. We got an email it was being shipped last Monday and it showed up late Friday evening via UPS. I have never seen something so well packed as that topper was.

Did you order on the 3rd of January? Thanks for the information.

#11404 32 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I'm going to be listing my original topper if any of you BSE or Standard owners are interested for 200.00 plus shipping.
I also have a Magnetic WizPanel from Wizard Mod for $50.00 plus shipping. Will list on the marketplace later. If either sell from this post, I'll send over Pinside's part.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I actually already have this topper and I will probably keep it . Just curious though , my lighting
Is so dim that I can barely see the characters on the topper . Is this normal ? Anyway I can brighten the lights or add more ?

#11405 32 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is everyone experiencing a long delay between when you "paint" the last Black Knight shot red and when it lights the unmasking at the Mystery Machine?

I have noticed this also but it’s on the bottom of the “Bug” list (for me) that unfortunately is slowly growing. Hopefully it gets stomped out soon along with the others. On a side note I think that the Black Knight mode could’ve made a cool multiball mode.

#11406 32 days ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

I actually already have this topper and I will probably keep it . Just curious though , my lighting
Is so dim that I can barely see the characters on the topper . Is this normal ? Anyway I can brighten the lights or add more ?

Are you running the latest code?

Most likely issue: Have you peeled ALL the protective film from all the topper pieces? Hope this helps.

#11407 32 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is everyone experiencing a long delay between when you "paint" the last Black Knight shot red and when it lights the unmasking at the Mystery Machine? That mode kicks my ass, so I will always instantly go for the unmasking when I get to that point, just don't feel the unmasking bonus is worth it, but several times I've had them all lit, nailed the unmasking shot and got it kicked back out because it hadn't lit it yet.

Yep, definitely a long delay that shouldn't be. Long enough that it always has me looking at the playfield to ensure I didn't miss a shot somewhere. Irritating but not the end of the world. The random GI darkness during a mode is more annoying at this point. Luckily that only happens in rare cases.

#11408 32 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

I have always experienced this with this mode and I've had my game since last summer. Only mode with this pause and I have drained during this window and it's the worst. I also have no idea what the bonus multiplier shot is at the end of the mode.

The trap multiplier for Black Knight is his lane on the Upper Playfield, I rarely go for that and I've certainly never hit it three times before timing out.

#11409 32 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The trap multiplier for Black Knight is his lane on the Upper Playfield, I rarely go for that and I've certainly never hit it three times before timing out.

With the difficulty of that shot, I don't see that as being possible. Even when making that shot, it usually takes a bit to loop around. Making it 3 times and cashing out at Mystery Machine would take pefect execution... even then, I am not so sure.

#11410 32 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

With the difficulty of that shot, I don't see that as being possible. Even when making that shot, it usually takes a bit to loop around. Making it 3 times and cashing out at Mystery Machine would take pefect execution... even then, I am not so sure.

I don't remember the specifics but on one of the earlier S.D. streams the Spooky crew did SpookyLuke hit the shot in a way that it counted twice, probably half way up and then back across the switch again. I remember this because Bug called it out as the best way to hit that shot. Getting it into that loop is so difficult I don't see me perfecting a half shot to it.

#11411 32 days ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

You got exactly what I have done. now for an ascii diagram:
computer HDMI --> hdmi audio extractor --> monitor board
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . | > stock amp rca's
--> HDMI Cable
__> audio cable (attempted to separate from the other power wires in head)
The audio extractor I used is powered by the HDMI, so i didn't use the power supply that came with it.

So the major noise is gone but I am left with hold flipper wine. now what to do to remove that?
John

#11412 32 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't remember the specifics but on one of the earlier S.D. streams the Spooky crew did SpookyLuke hit the shot in a way that it counted twice, probably half way up and then back across the switch again. I remember this because Bug called it out as the best way to hit that shot. Getting it into that loop is so difficult I don't see me perfecting a half shot to it.

90% of the time I'm hitting that shot it's from a "fling" using the left side of the upper left flipper. This does sometimes count as a double to the Black Knight. It's also just fun to do.

#11413 32 days ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

So the major noise is gone but I am left with hold flipper wine. now what to do to remove that?
John

Take Obi-Wan's advice: "Let go!"

#11414 31 days ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

I also thought the lighting was too dim, I added an LED channel so that the LED strip lights shine on the back of the topper plastics vs. pointed at the ceiling. The lighting effect is now much more pronounced. See the post linked below.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/191#post-7953245

#11415 31 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

I also thought the lighting was too dim, I added an LED channel so that the LED strip lights shine on the back of the topper plastics vs. pointed at the ceiling. The lighting effect is now much more pronounced. See the post linked below.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/191#post-7953245

Looks great. May I ask where you got your mystery machine you added beside the topper?

#11416 31 days ago

Hey gang. How come I see different perks here when I play my new Scoob? I get a Ruh-Roh perk instead.

IMG_4483 (resized).jpegIMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
#11417 31 days ago

Hello, I am wondering how long should the “reverse flippers phase” last? Is it true that there are only a few flipper actions?

#11418 31 days ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey gang. How come I see different perks here when I play my new Scoob? I get a Ruh-Roh perk instead.[quoted image]

…the video shows an older code version, probably v2023.10.26.15

#11419 31 days ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey gang. How come I see different perks here when I play my new Scoob? I get a Ruh-Roh perk instead.[quoted image]

It's been changed in new code.

RM

#11420 31 days ago
Quoted from BaseballPops:

Looks great. May I ask where you got your mystery machine you added beside the topper?

Below is a link to the van. I created a base, added a microcontroller and motor for the movement and lighting. It's triggered by a motion sensor when someone walks in front of the game.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087WY22ZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#11421 31 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hello, I am wondering how long should the “reverse flippers phase” last? Is it true that there are only a few flipper actions?

I’ve literally never seen anything but big or little points and “open trap door”. What does that do and why?

I’m also curious about how long reverse flippers lasts

#11422 31 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’ve literally never seen anything but big or little points and “open trap door”. What does that do and why?
I’m also curious about how long reverse flippers lasts

Same...I have never gotten reverse flippers and I'm actually looking forward to it. I have my odds increased in the menu but still haven't gotten it

#11423 31 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

I have gotten this option twice on the mystery award (now set to LOW chances) and in both cases it lasted until I drained that ball.

#11424 31 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I have gotten this option twice on the mystery award (now set to LOW chances) and in both cases it lasted until I drained that ball.

I’ve had it a few times (also now on LOW). I’d estimate reversed flippers lasts about 30 seconds. I was surprised when they went back to normal. On the P3 when these changes happen it usually gives you. 2-3 sec ball save to adapt. Didn’t notice on SD if that happens. I’d say it’s important at least for when it ends as it’s a surprise. When reverse flippers start you are expecting it.

#11425 31 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve had it a few times (also now on LOW). I’d estimate reversed flippers lasts about 30 seconds.

Yeah, I should have put a disclaimer here that said something like: it's entirely possible (likely even) that I just SUCK at using reversed flippers and, so I just drained before it turned off.

#11426 31 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yeah, I should have put a disclaimer here that said something like: it's entirely possible (likely even) that I just SUCK at using reversed flippers and, so I just drained before it turned off.

Next time cross your arms on reverse flipper play. You will pick it up very quickly.

#11427 31 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Next time cross your arms on reverse flipper play. You will pick it up very quickly.

It's the only way I can do reverse flippers, always a nice kick in the nuts when it switches back.

#11428 31 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I'm pretty used to it from playing Houdini and WOZ so much but it's still difficult even with your arms crossed. I've had it happen once on SD so far.

#11429 31 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve had it a few times (also now on LOW). I’d estimate reversed flippers lasts about 30 seconds. I was surprised when they went back to normal. On the P3 when these changes happen it usually gives you. 2-3 sec ball save to adapt. Didn’t notice on SD if that happens. I’d say it’s important at least for when it ends as it’s a surprise. When reverse flippers start you are expecting it.

Any game I've ever played that has reverse flippers gives you a short ball save when they go back to normal, definitely needs to be there if it's not.

#11430 31 days ago

I just received a tracking number for my topper.

In case it helps anyone figure out a timeline for their order, I ordered around noon PST on the first day. The order was placed with my distro - Nitro Pinball.

#11431 30 days ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

It lasts until you end a villain mode or a mystery machine multiball or you drain the ball.

#11432 30 days ago
Quoted from Jammer55826:

I just received a tracking number for my topper.
In case it helps anyone figure out a timeline for their order, I ordered around noon on the first day. The order was placed with my distro - Nitro Pinball.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully more start getting theirs. I ordered direct. Would be nice to get some updates from Spooky on why these are trickling out. I placed my order directly from spooky on January 3rd at 3:12 Arizona time.

#11433 30 days ago

Speaking of Reverse flippers I scored it during Mystery award, just before I started the Wizard mode the first time. I literally just needed to hit the mystery machine and it got there via the secret passage after I received the "Wonderful" reverse flippers... Needless to say I DID NOT complete any of the wizard mode...

#11434 30 days ago

Went for a quick game and wound up beating the wiz mode...and cracked a bill!

20240329_174021 (resized).jpg20240329_174021 (resized).jpg20240329_175640 (resized).jpg20240329_175640 (resized).jpg
#11435 29 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Thank you Russ, I emailed AJ this AM.
I will report back when this is resolved

New warden board and coil and scooby is back up and running. I also installed a new launch assembly to see if I can get my launch issue resolved. I played a few games to test the new board and coil and the ball launch worked ok but I wont be confident its fixed for quite a few games.
Thanks to AJ and Morgan for getting my parts shipped the same day I first contacted them with an issue. Great customer service from team Spooky!

#11436 29 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

the ball launch worked ok but I wont be confident its fixed for quite a few games.

Played fine last night, this morning on about the fifth ball in a 2 player game we instantly had the same issue...ball just rattles in the shooter lane reducing its momentum.
New fork assembly installed last night didnt change anything.
Very frustrating as the game is currently unplayable...again
Going to try to tweak it into submission

#11437 29 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Played fine last night, this morning on about the fifth ball in a 2 player game we instantly had the same issue...ball just rattles in the shooter lane reducing its momentum.
New fork assembly installed last night didnt change anything.
Very frustrating as the game is currently unplayable...again
Going to try to tweak it into submission

Have you tried putting a shooter lane protector in? I only suggest this because I have had one in my Scooby from day one and by simply raising the ball up an eighth of an inch it seems to help with successful launches.

#11438 29 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Have you tried putting a shooter lane protector in? I only suggest this because I have had one in my Scooby from day one and by simply raising the ball up an eighth of an inch it seems to help with successful launches.

I second this. I started with just the shooter plate and while it was better it didn’t fully solve my issue as it would inevitably unseat itself (I tried the 2 3D printed ones).

I then installed the lane protector with the plate and I’ve had no issues since. The lane protector raises the ball just enough to make contact more centrally with the plate, so that the plate doesn’t unseat itself anymore and the it hits the ball with more force. I suspect the lane protector also guides the ball slightly better.

Lane protector is stupid easy to install; I decided to not tie it under the right lane wall (too many things to unscrew). Instead, I just cut off and sanded the piece that’s supposed to go under the right shooter lane wall so it fits in my shooter lane and I used double sided tape to hold it in place. It hasn’t moved in 300-400+ ball launches.

#11439 29 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Quoted from Ikara:

I second this. I started with just the shooter plate and while it was better it didn’t fully solve my issue as it would inevitably unseat itself (I tried the 2 3D printed ones).
I then installed the lane protector with the plate and I’ve had no issues since. The lane protector raises the ball just enough to make contact more centrally with the plate, so that it doesn’t unseat itself anymore.
Lane protector is stupid easy to install; I decided to not tie it under the right lane wall (too many things to unscrew). Instead, I just cut off and sanded the piece that’s supposed to go under the right shooter lane wall so it fits in my shooter lane and I used double sided tape to hold it in place. It hasn’t moved in 300-400+ ball launches.

Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot.
Im more frustrated than I would normally be, only because when Scooby is playable its just about the funnest machine I've ever owned.

#11440 28 days ago

Anyone having the gate at the top of the ramp getting stuck? I thought I fixed mine but it keeps getting stuck.

#11441 28 days ago

Just starting to have an issue where you are playing and it just launches a 2nd, 3rd ball - and gets confused, ball ends. Anyone having this problem? I'm running the latest build. Game is essentially unplayable at this point.

#11442 28 days ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Anyone having the gate at the top of the ramp getting stuck? I thought I fixed mine but it keeps getting stuck.

I had this issue a lot but my PF angle was only about a 6.1. Adjusted to a 6.5 and haven’t had it happen once since the increased pitch.

#11443 28 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just starting to have an issue where you are playing and it just launches a 2nd, 3rd ball - and gets confused, ball ends. Anyone having this problem? I'm running the latest build. Game is essentially unplayable at this point.

Yes, last time it happened to me was at the end of a villain mode when the ball fell into the left VUK at the same time. Game stopped, nothing happened, ball wasn‘t registred sitting in the VUK assembly.
Then suddenly the game started a ball search, kicked out the ball and the ball drained immediately (I wasn‘t standing in front of the machine anymore). After that it started throwing balls into play and got completely confused…
Still a long way to go to eliminate all these bugs…

#11444 28 days ago

Another time in a two player game the game ended after ball one / player two. No second ball for player one in the shooter lane, display frozen. when pressing both flipper buttons Scooby asked for shooting the white shots - just as if the game continued.
Disappointing.

IMG_0815 (resized).jpegIMG_0815 (resized).jpegIMG_0816 (resized).jpegIMG_0816 (resized).jpeg
#11445 28 days ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Did you check your balls for magnetism?

#11446 28 days ago

I have been having random weirdness going on since updating code, flippers just stopping and ending ball; audio sounds like a skipped record. loses track of balls. sometimes plays correctly and sometimes acts crazy????????

#11447 28 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Did you check your balls for magnetism?

Thanks. I’ll check that

#11448 28 days ago

I had the GI go out during Miner 49er mode last night, sent the logs of the game to Spooky so hopefully they can find this bug.

#11449 28 days ago

My GI goes out randomly since updating

#11450 28 days ago

Regarding the GI going out, are y’all running the latest code, 03.17.10.?
I’ve made it to the wizard mode several times, and beat it twice so far, and I’ve not had a single lighting issue at all in any of the modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,100 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dow, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,677 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.