(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3665 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4870 (resized).jpeg
SD Mods (resized).jpg
SD Arrival (resized).jpg
IMG_8906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8918 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8919 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 236.
#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have a Scooby CE on order, but for anyone who is worried about it not being perfect out of the box, this is not my first time at the Rodeo.
I have been waiting 16 months (yes I know) for my Godzilla Premium and I just got and unboxed it 2 days ago.
Here's my experience:
Recent NIB GZ Premium:
Found bits of broken black plastic in bottom of cabinet. Looks like pieces of the rear playfield glass channel.
Sure enough, the center of the installed intact rear playfield glass channel bows downward in the middle, preventing me from simply sliding the glass all the way in.
Ordinarily, I'd simply loosen the screws holing the channel in and move it up a bit.
Can't do that because - no screws. Apparently this is now installed using double-sided tape, so I'll have to pry off the center part and move it up.
At the factory, someone must have mis-installed the first one and broken it getting it off. The second one was "mostly good" and they let it go out like that
Found a sticky greasy spray all over the inside of the cabinet on the right hand side in one area.
Realized it's the lube spray Stern uses on the metal sliding rails.
Someone got a little careless with the spray can and never cleaned it up.
Playfield clearcoat seems very thin - I can see the outlines of the inserts right through the clearcoat and feel them with my finger. Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.
People have posted that Stern stopped using the playfield centering brackets; those are back in now.
Needed the Abe Flips shooter lane fix - balls inconsistently rattling out of the shooter lane
Had balls going into the building lock and getting stuck at the gap between the metal subway and the VUK assy; did the "business card" fix. Seems to be working.
Had balls stuck next to the arm of Mechagodzilla (will do a plastic post/rubber fix)
Had balls stuck in the side of the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp (will do the hex post fix)
If people complain bout sloppy soldering on Spooky games, take a look at the soldering on some of the LED lamp boards in my GZ - blobby solder, not enough solder, drips. Sloppy jobs.
One guy recently unboxed his new GZ, building went up and down one time then went dead - bad Node 10 board, which others have had. Main toy Dead just out of the box.
RussMyers

Stop the credit card payment until Stern resolves it period. Easy and it is not up to you to fix, maybe screw or two but not that much!!!

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have a Scooby CE on order, but for anyone who is worried about it not being perfect out of the box, this is not my first time at the Rodeo.
I have been waiting 16 months (yes I know) for my Godzilla Premium and I just got and unboxed it 2 days ago.
Here's my experience:
Recent NIB GZ Premium:
Found bits of broken black plastic in bottom of cabinet. Looks like pieces of the rear playfield glass channel.
Sure enough, the center of the installed intact rear playfield glass channel bows downward in the middle, preventing me from simply sliding the glass all the way in.
Ordinarily, I'd simply loosen the screws holing the channel in and move it up a bit.
Can't do that because - no screws. Apparently this is now installed using double-sided tape, so I'll have to pry off the center part and move it up.
At the factory, someone must have mis-installed the first one and broken it getting it off. The second one was "mostly good" and they let it go out like that
Found a sticky greasy spray all over the inside of the cabinet on the right hand side in one area.
Realized it's the lube spray Stern uses on the metal sliding rails.
Someone got a little careless with the spray can and never cleaned it up.
Playfield clearcoat seems very thin - I can see the outlines of the inserts right through the clearcoat and feel them with my finger. Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.
People have posted that Stern stopped using the playfield centering brackets; those are back in now.
Needed the Abe Flips shooter lane fix - balls inconsistently rattling out of the shooter lane
Had balls going into the building lock and getting stuck at the gap between the metal subway and the VUK assy; did the "business card" fix. Seems to be working.
Had balls stuck next to the arm of Mechagodzilla (will do a plastic post/rubber fix)
Had balls stuck in the side of the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp (will do the hex post fix)
If people complain bout sloppy soldering on Spooky games, take a look at the soldering on some of the LED lamp boards in my GZ - blobby solder, not enough solder, drips. Sloppy jobs.
One guy recently unboxed his new GZ, building went up and down one time then went dead - bad Node 10 board, which others have had. Main toy Dead just out of the box.
RussMyers

Look at my Avatar and guess what, I don't own a Godzilla (grail pin) because it's a stern. I could list all the reasons why I will never own a Stern but I think you get it. My experiences with NIB: 2 pins with zero issues (knock on wood) till this day. 1- AFM Special re 2- Octoberfest. I really wanted Charlie to get the Godzilla license from TOHO but we all know how that went down. I will definingly buy a Spooky pin as soon as they come out with a theme I really like for my money. I wish nothing but the best for team Spooky.

#2203 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.

This is a new feature that started with the James Bond PFs. Maybe the orange peel distracts from the eventual divots?

I've been adding protectors to all my Sterns now - it's a pain in the rear, but really the only option for me to not have 1000s of divots. I don't mind a few shallow ones like on a BLY/WMS or Spooky, but Sterns just get too many/too deep/too fast for my tastes.

#2204 1 year ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Has Spooky released an outline of all the modes/goals/shots? Also, is there a way to pick what mode/villain you start in first?

From what I seen on the spooky stream the left spinner(not if both spinners cycle the mode)will cycle through the modes and you can hit the action button(on the lockdown bar)on the mode you want to lock in. I also think you can unlock the mode with the action button to try for a different mode if you accidentally locked the wrong mode in.

#2205 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check all your mech fasteners.
My Pro came with over 50% of all the fastener screws broken / sheared off. Someone had their driver set to drill when they built that one.

I will do that next time I have the playfield flipped up.

Also why I hate power drivers; almost never use them for pinball.

RM

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have a FF LE and PF LE on order as well, and I'm starting to feel like I might let one thing go.
If you were waiting on these 3 titles, and decided to give up one of them, would it be Scooby?

Well, first thing to consider is you won’t get your Pulp Fiction for at least a year. I LOL when people are saying they’ll get their games in October (when they say production will start). No. Way. It’s been almost 2 years and they ain’t made the CCRLEs yet.

I concur with the other poster - buy 3 stock models. 3 for the price of 2 is the intelligent way to go.

rd

#2207 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

From what I seen on the spooky stream the left spinner(not if both spinners cycle the mode)will cycle through the modes and you can hit the action button(on the lockdown bar)on the mode you want to lock in. I also think you can unlock the mode with the action button to try for a different mode if you accidentally locked the wrong mode in.

That is mostly correct. Prior to starting a case you can hit the left spinner to cycle the next villain. You can always see the current villain on the main inserts and magnifying glass on the playfield. That location will also become animated on the map, but once you have multiple cases complete that's not always the easiest to see. I did consider having the next villain being selectable once you enter the Mystery Machine, but preferred the more active selection process. It's the launch button that locks in the next villain.

#2208 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I did consider having the next villain being selectable once you enter the Mystery Machine, but preferred the more active selection process.

Definitely prefer it this way, and it's also friendlier for new players who aren't expecting to have to look up to make a choice.

#2209 1 year ago

Like the start button lock in. Data East love!

#2210 1 year ago

#153 is shipping out on Monday

#2211 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

#162 should be right around the corner! I will be streaming it on twitch as soon as it gets unboxed and on a regular basis as code updates come out. Im no Karl but i can hold my own.

Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

#2212 1 year ago

Anyone else find the right flipper to center ramp almost always rejects? Only a handful of shots make it… while shots from left flipper are far more forgiving. I gotta think its the geometry of the ramp… shooting against the curve.

#2213 1 year ago

Does anyone know if spelling of Cemetery was corrected on the game? My wife will have a fit if something is spelled wrong on this game

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone else find the right flipper to center ramp almost always rejects?

So this feature from Halloween was carried over to Scooby?

I eventually gave up on HWN and only shoot the center ramp from the left.

#2215 1 year ago

The one I played was fine to the center ramp from either flipper.

It’s definitely NOT like Halloween.

#2216 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Does anyone know if spelling of Cemetery was corrected on the game? My wife will have a fit if something is spelled wrong on this game

Fixed in the next update!

#2217 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Oh my! I'm 159, so not long to go. I'm glad I'm getting my space cleared out tomorrow. Was thinking I'd have a few more weeks.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Hell yes, #152 should be boxed up soon.

#2219 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the best estimate for Scooby Doos weekly build rate is? Trying to estimate when should expect my #1015.

#2220 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone know what the best estimate for Scooby Doos weekly build rate is? Trying to estimate when should expect my #1015.

They said previously their goal is 30 a week.

#2221 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

See the far right column is this sheet for a rough idea:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

#2222 1 year ago

with this math i am in about 19 weeks expecting:Thursday, July 27, 2023 if all goes to the 30 a week and pinbalt should be 29 weeks ( oct 5th) we shall see . hopes are high

Quoted from wastedthelight:

They said previously their goal is 30 a week.

#2223 1 year ago

Is there a guide or rule book I can familiarize myself with? Mine is come soon

#2224 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That is mostly correct. Prior to starting a case you can hit the left spinner to cycle the next villain. You can always see the current villain on the main inserts and magnifying glass on the playfield. That location will also become animated on the map, but once you have multiple cases complete that's not always the easiest to see. I did consider having the next villain being selectable once you enter the Mystery Machine, but preferred the more active selection process. It's the launch button that locks in the next villain.

I seem to be having a difficult time getting the mode to lock with the launch button. Is there an indication on the playfield when the mode is locked?

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

28 per week.

#2226 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Look at my Avatar and guess what, I don't own a Godzilla (grail pin) because it's a stern. I could list all the reasons why I will never own a Stern but I think you get it. My experiences with NIB: 2 pins with zero issues (knock on wood) till this day. 1- AFM Special re 2- Octoberfest. I really wanted Charlie to get the Godzilla license from TOHO but we all know how that went down. I will definingly buy a Spooky pin as soon as they come out with a theme I really like for my money. I wish nothing but the best for team Spooky.

Lol I think it's ridiculous you'd not buy a dream theme because stern holds the license. Sorry, but that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard, especially when people regard GZ as one of the best pins ever created. FYI a stern premium is cheaper and or around the same price as any other ce pin currently on the market so it can't be price as the reason.

#2227 1 year ago

Had a friend over to play Scooby last night. He enjoyed it over Godzilla LE. Very promising game so far IMO.

7229AB1A-DDCA-4675-9D1A-590EB82BDD0C (resized).jpeg7229AB1A-DDCA-4675-9D1A-590EB82BDD0C (resized).jpeg
#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I am showing October 9th. It will likely move to the left however.
Spooky is running roughly 30/wk right now, but when they hit their stride it may be as high as 40/wk.

#2229 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Had a friend over to play Scooby last night. He enjoyed it over Godzilla LE. Very promising game so far IMO.
[quoted image]

Nice lineup! I’m just a 2-pin and it’ll be GZ and SDCE…I feel like GZ’s layout and Scoobs are so different they should tick different boxes nicely. Think the newbs and non pinball friends will love it too!

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Nice lineup! I’m just a 2-pin and it’ll be GZ and SDCE…I feel like GZ’s layout and Scoobs are so different they should tick different boxes nicely. Think the newbs and non pinball friends will love it too!

They are great complimentary pins.

#2231 1 year ago

Less then a week until TPF . Looking forward to shoot Scooby.

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

There is just something unsettling about that post.......

#2233 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

How rude!

scooby-doo-woof.gifscooby-doo-woof.gif
#2234 1 year ago

So a brief update on the Scooby we've had out at I/O Arcade. Now that it's been out there for a month, here are some takeaways and observations:

1. Highest played game we've ever had in a one month period - EVER (we've been doing this for 9 years now). Almost 30% higher than any other game in a one month period. It's popular with both casual and competitive players. Great lighting, callouts, and the theme definitely draws in all ages!

2. Initially had some issues to resolve such as upper flipper bolts that loosened, stuck balls, drop targets that needed slight adjustment, mystery machine VUK adjust, and a few other minor things that escape me at the moment. It was down about a day over the first week (mechanical and code related). Since then it's been up and running the whole time with routine maintenance, and still looks and plays fantastic. As with ANY new game (Spooky, Stern, JJP, AP, Dutch) the first week is always the toughest because things that are going to break do.

3. Code is important. Overall it was really fun to play straight away and modes were there, but the initial code that came with Scooby had some bugs in it that caused it to be down for a bit. Spooky corrected them very quickly and since then it's been solid. JJP is top notch in this aspect with very code complete games at launch. CGC and AP are generally quite complete, with Spooky and Stern bringing up the rear. Having mostly complete code at launch would be ideal from a stability standpoint. Yes it's fun to see how games improve over time as updates are made, but would be nice if all modes and primary features were ready at launch and then smaller bugfixes as needed from that point forward.

4. Spooky support is top notch. Period. Every single time we reached out they replied almost immediately and took care of the request in a quick and efficient manner. Bug and Luke - thank you!

5. New board set has been running great, is very clean and takes a TON of wires out of the game compared to previous Spooky titles.

6. I really wish the upper playfield was simpler to access for maintenance. Think of BK2K and Shadow where you can remove a bolt or two and it hinges up for easy access to flippers as well as the lower playfield for cleaning. Scooby requires some work to get off, kind of like GoT prem/LE.

7. Overall build quality is excellent. Solid feel to the game, and things have been holding up exceptionally well so far. Playfield looks just like it did on day one.

I'm excited to get my personal game in the coming weeks and spend some time actually PLAYING!

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

So a brief update on the Scooby we've had out at I/O Arcade. Now that it's been out there for a month, here are some takeaways and observations:
1. Highest played game we've ever had in a one month period - EVER (we've been doing this for 9 years now). Almost 30% higher than any other game in a one month period. It's popular with both casual and competitive players. Great lighting, callouts, and the theme definitely draws in all ages!
2. Initially had some issues to resolve such as upper flipper bolts that loosened, stuck balls, drop targets that needed slight adjustment, mystery machine VUK adjust, and a few other minor things that escape me at the moment. It was down about a day over the first week (mechanical and code related). Since then it's been up and running the whole time with routine maintenance, and still looks and plays fantastic. As with ANY new game (Spooky, Stern, JJP, AP, Dutch) the first week is always the toughest because things that are going to break do.
3. Code is important. Overall it was really fun to play straight away and modes were there, but the initial code that came with Scooby had some bugs in it that caused it to be down for a bit. Spooky corrected them very quickly and since then it's been solid. JJP is top notch in this aspect with very code complete games at launch. CGC and AP are generally quite complete, with Spooky and Stern bringing up the rear. Having mostly complete code at launch would be ideal from a stability standpoint. Yes it's fun to see how games improve over time as updates are made, but would be nice if all modes and primary features were ready at launch and then smaller bugfixes as needed from that point forward.
4. Spooky support is top notch. Period. Every single time we reached out they replied almost immediately and took care of the request in a quick and efficient manner. Bug and Luke - thank you!
5. New board set has been running great, is very clean and takes a TON of wires out of the game compared to previous Spooky titles.
6. I really wish the upper playfield was simpler to access for maintenance. Think of BK2K and Shadow where you can remove a bolt or two and it hinges up for easy access to flippers as well as the lower playfield for cleaning. Scooby requires some work to get off, kind of like GoT prem/LE.
7. Overall build quality is excellent. Solid feel to the game, and things have been holding up exceptionally well so far. Playfield looks just like it did on day one.
I'm excited to get my personal game in the coming weeks and spend some time actually PLAYING!

Do you mind sharing how many plays it had in a month? I am pleased to hear it's well received and plays well.

#2236 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Do you mind sharing how many plays it had in a month?

I can't, but will say it's more than most HUO games get in their lifetime

#2237 1 year ago

I can't, but will say it's more than most HUO games get in their lifetime</

The service menu should have audits. Balls played or possibly games played. If it has been there a month as you stated you could easily find a percentage. This would be interesting.

#2238 1 year ago

The service menu will show audits and balls played or games played. If it has been a month as stated you can easily find your percentage. Interested to find out.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I can't, but will say it's more than most HUO games get in their lifetime

I understand. Thanks for at least giving us the lifetime comment.

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

This is probably too much to ask, but if you have need to take off the upper playfield again, since you've done it once, a step-by-step series of pics or a video would be most welcome by everyone.

Thanks in advance (and you are NOT obligated)

RussM

#2241 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

The service menu will show audits and balls played or games played. If it has been a month as stated you can easily find your percentage. Interested to find out.

I don't think "can't" meant "I don't know how"

#2242 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

ThisGuyGetsIt (resized).pngThisGuyGetsIt (resized).png
#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Just being helpful.

#2244 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

[quoted image]

Your review was well written.

Curious, you stated 30% higher than any other game in one month period. What did you calculate percentage of foot traffic or a percentage of numerical value?

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

What games was it competing with? Contemplating picking up a pre-order spot in the market place for a location that I have a Walking dead pro at.

#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Can you provide the avg game time?

#2247 1 year ago

Dude regrets posting that comment now

#2248 1 year ago

Just check out their website. They have a nice collection.

#2249 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Appreciate the review U2sean. Have played at I/O a few different times on a short trip to Madison. Great place. First place we played Halloween. were contemplating a trip there for Scooby from Michigan. Haha. One turned up in Ohio though. Lots of good information in the review. Looking forward to the game. IMO, I'd just ignore some of the rather nonsensical follow-up questions. You have a business to run. Haha

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Appreciate the review U2sean. Have played at I/O a few different times on a short trip to Madison. Great place. First place we played Halloween. were contemplating a trip there for Scooby from Michigan. Haha. One turned up in Ohio though. Lots of good information in the review. Looking forward to the game. IMO, I'd just ignore some of the rather nonsensical follow-up questions. You have a business to run. Haha

Nonsensical? If you post on a thread people are going to ask questions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
$ 200.00
Pinball Machine
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 23.95
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,787 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.