(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,786 posts
  • 636 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3665 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4870 (resized).jpeg
SD Mods (resized).jpg
SD Arrival (resized).jpg
IMG_8906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8908 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8915 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8917 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8918 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8921 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8920 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8919 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 236.
#4251 1 year ago

If Spooky published a wiring diagram, which they should anyways, I think the community would be more than willing to help a few users with issues. It would help lighten Spooky’s support load. But right now it’s the blind leading the blind.

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I applaud all of your efforts on this and you are far more patient than I would be if this was my game. With multiple failures and part replacements already I would have been insisting on a replacement game by now. Not only that I would personally would not have been able to track down all of these issues as you have done (well done sir).
I hope you are able to get this worked out and get a working game soon. At least you aren't being ignored like other MFRs would be at this point.
Good Luck.

If this pin was for me I wouldn't have the motivation anymore. It's my 5 year old. He loves scooby doo. Everyday he's asking if I can fix it so he can play and I hate seeing him disappointed when he's been so excited about having it

#4253 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I applaud all of your efforts on this and you are far more patient than I would be if this was my game. With multiple failures and part replacements already I would have been insisting on a replacement game by now. Not only that I would personally would not have been able to track down all of these issues as you have done (well done sir).
I hope you are able to get this worked out and get a working game soon. At least you aren't being ignored like other MFRs would be at this point.
Good Luck.

If this pin was for me I wouldn't have the motivation anymore. It's my 5 year old. He loves scooby doo. Everyday he's asking if I can fix it so he can play and I hate seeing him disappointed when he's been so excited about having it. Spooky has been supportive since day 1.

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

If this pin was for me I wouldn't have the motivation anymore. It's my 5 year old. He loves scooby doo. Everyday he's asking if I can fix it so he can play and I hate seeing him disappointed when he's been so excited about having it. Spooky has been supportive since day 1.

I 100% understand that. I would feel the same.

This game is more for my wife than me although I really liked it when we played (and it is a gorgeous game for sure) but I would be crushed if in a similar position and she not be able to play it.

I still feel Spooky should replace your game for you and take this haunted/nightmare back but that is just my opinion.

I am hoping very soon we hear from you saying its working now and then we don't hear from you for a long time cause you are too busy playing it

#4255 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is Spooky asking for the bad boards back? It is pretty easy to get those surface mounted transistors off with a soldering iron or heat gun. You could easily make 2 good boards out of the 3 you have. That doesn't change the fact you have something wrong with your game. It sounds to me like a factory wiring issue or a bad power supply at this point.

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Is Spooky asking for the bad boards back? It is pretty easy to get those surface mounted transistors off with a soldering iron or heat gun. You could easily make 2 good boards out of the 3 you have. That doesn't change the fact you have something wrong with your game. It sounds to me like a factory wiring issue or a bad power supply at this point.

All parts going back to Spooky. Yes could easily cannibalize the boards but without the root cause identified its a bandaid with a short lifespan. Finding the root cause has been my goal but it eludes me

#4257 1 year ago

I really hope that you get things sorted soon, that’s gotta suck. Also, thanks for taking one for the team - hopefully your experience and working the problem with Spooky means it’s less likely to happen to others.

#4258 1 year ago

I have a large collection....and all I want to play is Scooby! Doh! Can't wait to get mine back up and running. Really hope we figure out whats going on with these fets.

#4259 1 year ago

are the bulbs on the bravery meter ( on the right side leading to the scoob in a barrel) suposed to light as your meter goes up? or do they only flash occasionally? i have yet to see those light up, just the spears between them.

#4260 1 year ago

Apologize if already answered (I couldn’t find with a quick search). Just received and set up my new Scooby. Left Flipper and Start Button switches not registering (although they do light up). Hopefully something simple. Could it be the loose USB in the photo - I can’t figure out where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be contacting Spooky if unable to resolve quickly. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0659 (resized).jpegIMG_0659 (resized).jpeg
#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Apologize if already answered (I couldn’t find with a quick search). Just received and set up my new Scooby. Left Flipper and Start Button switches not registering (although they do light up). Hopefully something simple. Could it be the loose USB in the photo - I can’t figure out where it goes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be contacting Spooky if unable to resolve quickly. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

It’s not that. That USB is used to attach a thumb drive for updating the code vs plugging it into the computer.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from mkk629:

[quoted image]

Do you have a digital multimeter? Need to test if you have continuity on the ground wires. That would be the black wires that are soldered to the leaf switch and also black wire to the start button. Check continuity to right flipper and also the launch button.

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Do you have a digital multimeter? Need to test if you have continuity on the ground wires. That would be the black wires that are soldered to the leaf switch and also black wire to the start button. Check continuity to right flipper and also the launch button.

PM sent

#4264 1 year ago

Is everyone having at least some issue with their game? Anyone get there's and have it playing with no problems at all yet??

I'm in the late 700's, so I'm hopeful that games in that timeframe are a bit less doom and gloom than the past many pages have been.

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is everyone having at least some issue with their game? Anyone get there's and have it playing with no problems at all yet??
I'm in the late 700's, so I'm hopeful that games in that timeframe are a bit less doom and gloom than the past many pages have been.

Same ditto what you said. Flippers don’t work does spooky check them at all? Prob a loose connection but still. Wired wrong, boards blowing. Idk if I have these issues it will be my last from spooky sorry to say. I’d be getting a refund if I was that one guy. Something’s wired wrong.

#4266 1 year ago
Quoted from mkk629:

[quoted image]

Turned out to be a simple fix - I disconnected and reseated all the connectors and all is well I am happy to report.

#4267 1 year ago

The only thing I've done to 184 is adjust some sling switches to make them more sensitive, still playing great! I have to have at least 3-400 games on it now.

#4268 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Don’t want to jinx it but mine solid too had it 3 days though.

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Mine is basically playing perfect. So far so good.

#4270 1 year ago

I found a different padding to use on the top of the backbox to protect the hands. Before I had a big piece of foam like a pool noodle. But, I had to take it on and off so I found this.

uxcell Foam Tubing for Handle Grip Support, Pipe Insulation, 10mm(3/8") ID 20mm OD 1m Length Black https://a.co/d/j9DbExO

As you can see in the pictures, the new foam is small and less obtrusive.

20230426_190408 (resized).jpg20230426_190408 (resized).jpg20230426_190417 (resized).jpg20230426_190417 (resized).jpg
#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Do feel badly for those having issues but very happy with, and feeling good, about our Scooby. Extremely happy with the purchase. Definite keeper.

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I found a different padding to use on the top of the backbox to protect the hands. Before I had a big piece of foam like a pool noodle. But, I had to take it on and off so I found this.
uxcell Foam Tubing for Handle Grip Support, Pipe Insulation, 10mm(3/8") ID 20mm OD 1m Length Black https://a.co/d/j9DbExO
As you can see in the pictures, the new foam is small and less obtrusive.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#4273 1 year ago

We need someone else to post or stream gameplay so we can enjoy the game and keep the hype going! Missing SlapDrain's streams atm

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

We need someone else to post or stream gameplay so we can enjoy the game and keep the hype going! Missing SlapDrains streams atm

I’d second that. Be good to see how I’d like to be able to play…meaning how a good (or even decent player) plays. Hope things get figured out soon for you and your son, Svenop!

#4275 1 year ago

Joined the club today.

Played a couple of games, and noticed the inner and outer orbit shots don't seem to register.

When it asks you to hit white shots, no matter how many times I hit them, they stay lit.

Anyone know what the issue is?

Thanks.

#4276 1 year ago

I get this in switch test:

PXL_20230427_033843027 (resized).jpgPXL_20230427_033843027 (resized).jpg
#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Quoted from beltking:

Same ditto what you said. Flippers don’t work does spooky check them at all? Prob a loose connection but still. Wired wrong, boards blowing. Idk if I have these issues it will be my last from spooky sorry to say. I’d be getting a refund if I was that one guy. Something’s wired wrong.

#162 was fit as a fiddle while i had it. Cant say the same for the Elvira i got on trade.

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Yes could easily cannibalize the boards but without the root cause identified its a bandaid with a short lifespan.

Is Scooby a homebrew kit?

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

We need someone else to post or stream gameplay so we can enjoy the game and keep the hype going! Missing SlapDrain's streams atm

I’ve done several streams so far, on my Facebook page mostly, and I use only a single camera facing down on playfield but just high up enough to show the LCD.
And I’ll stream some more this Sunday.

#4280 1 year ago

To add to the above, some other issues I've now noticed:

- Start and launch button not lighting
- Left flipper button barely lighting
- Upper playfield right flipper not working (coil looks like it loose under the upper of) and flipper feels like it's binding.
- Left and right orbits not registering any shots at all

Can anyone help?

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is Scooby a homebrew kit?

C95B0076-30FD-4D34-9F2E-300CB34A431B.gifC95B0076-30FD-4D34-9F2E-300CB34A431B.gif
#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

- Upper playfield right flipper not working (coil looks like it loose under the upper of) and flipper feels like it's binding.
Can anyone help?

I am not being sarcastic, but have you contacted Spooky? Honestly, I would be properly pissed off with a newish machine that had an array of issues which you are encountering. I really get upset when I read so many posts detailing the myriad of issues with this machine (forget Halloween). I get frustrated with the amount of " they have amazing customer support.... they are so responsive". Yadda yadda yadda. You bought a damn $10,000 machine.... I do not think it asking too much to have the expectation that certain shit works. Call me crazy if you like.

#4283 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone help?

I would start with checking all the connections to to your boards and just look for a loose connection. After that go into switch test and check your orbit shots to see if they register by hand. I’m not sure if the orbits have a hard switch(standard) or an optical sensor switch but you can test them by hand either way. If they don’t register by hand then lift the playfield and follow the wires to see if it disconnected or broken.

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I am not being sarcastic, but have you contacted Spooky? Honestly, I would be properly pissed off with a newish machine that had an array of issues which you are encountering. I really get upset when I read so many posts detailing the myriad of issues with this machine (forget Halloween). I get frustrated with the amount of " they have amazing customer support.... they are so responsive". Yadda yadda yadda. You bought a damn $10,000 machine.... I do not think it asking too much to have the expectation that certain shit works. Call me crazy if you like.

All he needs to do is a basic check and go from there. Not sure if you have ever had an issue with a NIB game but that’s usually the best thing to do before hitting the panic button. This happens to all pinball machines from all different manufacturers not just Spooky.

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I would start with checking all my connections to to your boards and just look for a loose connection. After that go into switch test and check your orbit shots to see if they register by hand. I’m not sure if the orbits have a hard switch(standard) or an optical sensor switch but you can test them by hand either way. If they don’t register by hand then lift the playfield and follow the wires to see if it disconnected or broken.

Good advice! Apologies for my earlier rant concerning Scooby issues. Your advice is helpful. I am just frustrated and have empathy for those who are encountering issues with their NIB. It is a lot of money that we are laying down in these "new normal" pinball price times and I want the customer to have a fair shake.

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Good advice! Apologies for my earlier rant concerning Scooby issues. Your advice is helpful. I am just frustrated and have empathy for those who are encountering issues with their NIB. It is a lot of money that we are laying down in these "new normal" pinball price times and I want the customer to have a fair shake.

All good man…just hate to hear people pile on Spooky when all pinball manufacturers have issues big and small just like Spooky. I know it’s frustrating to buy a NIB game and have it not working 100% out the gate. I’ve been in this boat a few times in the past but it definitely happens more often than not…unfortunately. Over the last few years of buying NIB games I just learned to do a visual inspection of the playfield(underside) and push on all the connections to make sure they are good to go before I even flip it on for the first time. These games usually travel a good distance on a bumpy truck/train and sustain a good amount of rattling which leads to small problems that can be easily solved.

#4287 1 year ago

I have refrained from commenting on Scooby since I played it at TPF. I really was thinking the QC issues would begin to iron themselves out in production it has not.
I have also been reading the Ultraman thread and the code and issues with the machines just seem to be a long term issue.
I decided to jump ship on Scooby and listed my spot in a sea of 15 others.
Next time I will just wait and not jump so fast. Lesson learned.

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I have refrained from commenting on Scooby since I played it at TPF. I really was thinking the QC issues would begin to iron themselves out in production it has not.
I have also been reading the Ultraman thread and the code and issues with the machines just seem to be a long term issue.
I decided to jump ship on Scooby and listed my spot in a sea of 15 others.
Next time I will just wait and not jump so fast. Lesson learned.

Maybe just luck, but my #265 has been spot on. Only 1 minor issue that was a 2 second fix. Been a great game for me.

#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've had mine for almost 2 months now (#66). I've had 1 ball get stuck (coming from the upper playfield) and a Capt Cutler arm come loose (upper playfield). Other than those 2 things, zero issues.

#4290 1 year ago

Seems to be ALOT of tension around the game right now. Not trying to minimize or trivialize peoples experiences with the game. We (yes, the royal we) put a Foo Fighters on location and have been there 3 times in the first week to "fix" problems. The most interesting thing so far was a missing spinner. Yes you heard correct, MISSING spinner. Apparently, it's a common problem in the opto spinners. The bracket not bent tight enough and the spinner takes a hit and pops out. There is an inconsistency in the auto launcher we can't nail down and atleast one of the standup targets is missing its decal. I'm not Stern bashing as I love the game and have had an absolute blast playing it. What I'm pointing out is that EVERY game has something that needs a little tweak out of the box and listening to people say "for the price we pay it needs to be perfect" is ridiculous (referring to an old Kanada podcast not anyone here). Blown boards is extreme and would be very disappointing. As others have suggested, it may be time to have your distributor bring you another one and send this one back to the shop for a referb. This happens on every spooky game, 200 or so into the run there is a run on the bank and you can grab the game for less then retail. Happened on Rick and Morty and look where the game is today.

#4291 1 year ago

I went through this with Halloween. Spooky will take care of you, I promise.

Guys, I am spending my last day of vacation, not at Disney - but driving 40 minutes to play Scooby Doo. Haha. That’s how addicted I am.

Do you have any tips to share on a high score?

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I went through this with Halloween. Spooky will take care of you, I promise.
Guys, I am spending my last day of vacation, not at Disney - but driving 40 minutes to play Scooby Doo. Haha. That’s how addicted I am.
Do you have any tips to share on a high score?

Complete the villain modes. That’s your best chance for a high score.

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Complete the villain modes. That’s your best chance for a high score.

They are so hard! Haha.

#4294 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

They are so hard! Haha.

They are! Captain Cutler is the hardest for me.

My best has been four villains in one game. The left side drain makes it tough. I haven’t adjusted it yet.

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’m reposting monitorpop’s tracker from the hype thread:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing
Seems like a good place for it to live now.

Has anyone been keeping up with the Google Scooby tracker?

#4296 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

They are so hard! Haha.

Play culter mb 100 times. Never gets harder to start, and it’s safe.

#4297 1 year ago

#268 running like a champ few minor adjustments love it!

#4298 1 year ago

Awesome to hear that it's not too bad. It super sucks for those stuck with games needing constant service and tweaks.

Excited nonetheless since Spooky is clearly doing their best to help those with issues.

#4299 1 year ago

For me it boils down to the severity of issues for Svenop and that with all of the part replacements and work he has done the game still does not work.

Yes there are others with issues but his seems to be the most severe and in my book his particular machine is a lemon (sorry). That doesn't mean they all are and that everyone should bail from their purchase etc etc.

While I realize there is severe cost involved I think the proper thing for Spooky to do is take the machine back and either completely rebuild it and give it back to him or simply replaced the entire game. There is 100% a gremlin in his game (and those meddling kids don't seem to be helping out right now)

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

For me it boils down to the severity of issues for Svenop and that with all of the part replacements and work he has done the game still does not work.
Yes there are others with issues but his seems to be the most severe and in my book his particular machine is a lemon (sorry). That doesn't mean they all are and that everyone should bail from their purchase etc etc.
While I realize there is severe cost involved I think the proper thing for Spooky to do is take the machine back and either completely rebuild it and give it back to him or simply replaced the entire game. There is 100% a gremlin in his game (and those meddling kids don't seem to be helping out right now)

Or at least get the game back to do a complete autopsy on it to see where the issues are coming from, while shipping him a new pin that has been QC'd from top to bottom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gibsonia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,786 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.