IMG_5074 (resized).jpeg
Bond (resized).jpg
IMG_3104 (resized).jpeg
MD (resized).jpeg
Captura de pantalla 2024-05-07 a la(s) 11.16.06?p.m. (resized).png
Franken Bond (resized).png
PXL_20240429_172009171 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 322.
#15601 23 days ago

I definitely blew up my high score on my first game on this new code. Over 4bil!
The extra balls are a little heavy but needed for me to progress that far, so it's a give and take. I may max them at 3 and keep plugging to play better!

#15602 23 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

First game on 1.0 code. I have an extra ball limit set to 3, otherwise I would have had 6-7. Bonus can be unbelievable now. Both outlanes maxed with tight tilt.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Come on man. Put the glass back on!

#15603 23 days ago

I put some time into 1.0 last evening and overall, I'm happy. I'm an average player so regarding HMSS, my expectations were in check. I suspected that if it required you to complete all 24 modes, I'll never see it unless I take off the glass or if they make the final wiz mode a play option like Turtles or AIQ. Nick's game on the stream confirmed that because I will never have a game like that, ever LOL.

With that said, I'm enjoying the extra balls, the enhanced high stakes awards and the new Spectre perks. What I really like seeing is those blinking movie inserts now. It's such a simple thing, but it makes me feel like the game is much more complete but it also makes me wonder why they couldn't sneak that it much earlier, but oh well.

The only grip that I have is the continual omission of instant info and specifically, the ability to see how many Q Gadgets I've completed. However, my fingers are crossed that it will come soon. Didn't Foo recently get two or three drops in a row each week?

#15604 23 days ago

Unless you are Elwin or Karl type talent I’ll take the extra balls.

Getting through the henchman and villains and all the game has to offer is appealing to me. At the chance of it.

I’m not into a life long journey to get there. Life is too short. Did that with TWD, much younger then

#15605 23 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Come on man. Put the glass back on!

I’ll tell you, when you get going on this game, you really get going. At least with how mine is set up, just about every shot is incredibly satisfying and able to be combo’d so fast. Crazy how fast the ball can get moving on Bond.

#15606 23 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’ll tell you, when you get going on this game, you really get going. At least with how mine is set up, just about every shot is incredibly satisfying and able to be combo’d so fast. Crazy how fast the ball can get moving on Bond.

Yup!

I love hitting the spinner and up the back ramp then back down to the flipper, up the other ramp.

Game has a lot of feel good shots!

#15607 23 days ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I put some time into 1.0 last evening and overall, I'm happy. I'm an average player so regarding HMSS, my expectations were in check. I suspected that if it required you to complete all 24 modes, I'll never see it unless I take off the glass or if they make the final wiz mode a play option like Turtles or AIQ. Nick's game on the stream confirmed that because I will never have a game like that, ever LOL.
With that said, I'm enjoying the extra balls, the enhanced high stakes awards and the new Spectre perks. What I really like seeing is those blinking movie inserts now. It's such a simple thing, but it makes me feel like the game is much more complete but it also makes me wonder why they couldn't sneak that it much earlier, but oh well.
The only grip that I have is the continual omission of instant info and specifically, the ability to see how many Q Gadgets I've completed. However, my fingers are crossed that it will come soon. Didn't Foo recently get two or three drops in a row each week?

Yes FF got updates right back to back. I think they let 1.0 out so people could find the bugs, probably what they are doing with Bond as well.

#15608 23 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yup!
I love hitting the spinner and up the back ramp then back down to the flipper, up the other ramp.
Game has a lot of feel good shots!

And I’ll give the code credit for actually utilizing these fun combos. DB5 for example is all about combos between the left spinner/ ramp and DB5 hole. The DB5 hole also feels really great and I love that it doesn’t reject that often. If it were a regular scoop I bet it would reject all the time being hit at high speeds.

#15609 23 days ago

I really like how they added a lot of the movie assets into the final wizard mode. They took a lot of good clips that werent applicable in the regular game modes and used them well in the wizard mode.

For the Stern games that have a challenge mode option at the start of a game, is it usually the same as the games final wizard mode? Or is it a whole new unique mode on its own?

#15610 23 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

And I’ll give the code credit for actually utilizing these fun combos. DB5 for example is all about combos between the left spinner/ ramp and DB5 hole. The DB5 hole also feels really great and I love that it doesn’t reject that often. If it were a regular scoop I bet it would reject all the time being hit at high speeds.

Yeah. The Martini shot is cool as well.

#15611 23 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

I really like how they added a lot of the movie assets into the final wizard mode. They took a lot of good clips that werent applicable in the regular game modes and used them well in the wizard mode.
For the Stern games that have a challenge mode option at the start of a game, is it usually the same as the games final wizard mode? Or is it a whole new unique mode on its own?

Mostly it's been the same general setup and rules for the mode but tweaked slightly to change how long the mode plays (change to timer, flips, shots required, etc.)

#15612 23 days ago

I think it's a good update, they got the wizard mode in there which is pretty big and some nice other additions. It's feature-complete at this point which is what I take 1.0 to mean. I fully expect that the next updates will put in some more callouts, videos, polish, and at some point add in some new play modes as well including a wizard practice mode. Just takes time.

#15613 23 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mostly it's been the same general setup and rules for the mode but tweaked slightly to change how long the mode plays (change to timer, flips, shots required, etc.)

That's good since I fall into the same skill category as Gomez mentioned in the stream, i.e. "never get there in my lifetime". Putting OHMSS wizard mode (or variation of it) in as a challenge mode will give us mere mortals a chance to play it.

#15614 22 days ago

I am so glad they coded the final wizard mode the way they did. I might not ever reach it, but if I do, I will have a ball trying to run the score up. I like the flip count idea.

#15615 22 days ago

Sounds like a game with long play times just got longer with 1.0
That's ok with me. By design, Bond is a super deep game. Might as well help players get further into it with some extra balls.
Jeez. Now that I write those words, I realize they sound so dirty...

#15616 22 days ago

OK, design team. Thanks for getting it this far. A few things left to do:

1) More Bond call outs from Bond women ("Oh, James"), villains and henchmen, M and Q, Bond himself
2) Either create a new challenge mode or make BJB the challenge mode
3) Make it so the inserts a player lights don't go dark the instant final ball drains. It sucks. Give us at least five seconds to survey what we accomplished
4) We need updated status of which Q modes we've played/completed. The lack of Q inserts was a major design oversight. At least it can be put somewhere in that ample amount of screen space you seem unwilling to use for video clips.
5) Add a 2 second ball save when balls are ejected from the JP scoop

I still think the game should be overhauled so that lighting a movie insert is what gets you to the associated film wizard mode. That means developing movie wizards for YOLT and DAF then changing the ruleset. But hey, it took over a year to get to 1.0. I'm willing to wait longer for that

#15617 22 days ago

I think Bond before this update was great
After this update it is still great

The issue with the disappointment is all the sizzle is for like top 5% of players. So 95% of folks see how cool it could be but know they (aka ME) will not get there this year or maybe lifetime.

Bonuses changing = meh. Great the numbers change a bit. Scoring Adjustment.

Extra balls = ok. It had a lot of extra balls before so this is like the scoring just adjustment.

More Spectre weapons and high stakes roll a reward are the only new shiny features I have seen for a “Average player”

So … the disappointment is the time it took to get a couple new features for the masses of a average players and the amount of dev time spent on the 5% ers that make the fall from grace even steeper. I was hoping for a feature like smart missles that everyone saw as a game changer. #Just_ Jealous

#15618 22 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

The issue with the disappointment is all the sizzle is for like top 5% of players. So 95% of folks see how cool it could be but know they (aka ME) will not get there this year or maybe lifetime.
Extra balls = ok. It had a lot of extra balls before so this is like the scoring just adjustment.
More Spectre weapons and high stakes roll a reward are the only new shiny features I have seen for a “Average player”
So … the disappointment is the time it took to get a couple new features for the masses of a average players and the amount of dev time spent on the 5% ers that make the fall from grace even steeper. I was hoping for a feature like smart missles that everyone saw as a game changer. #Just_ Jealous

I had low expectations for 1.0 so not all that disappointed. I'm glad the game continues to get better. It's already great.

I won't be reunited with our Bond until May 3rd. After installing 1.0 I'm going to put the machine on 10 balls to get to HMSS that weekend. Sounds like all those extra balls will help get there in less than that. If you're not a great player and want to play HMSS, just set your machine to 10 balls. Apparently, it shuts down after HMSS anyway.

#15619 22 days ago

Dumb question, though are we not supposed to have more songs. They said 4 original movie songs .

#15620 22 days ago

I tried to warn you guys.

This game has been basically done for like 6 months.

The only thing left to add was a wizard mode that nobody is ever going to get to.

Well, now we might get to it with a ridiculous 6 EBs.

So we get up to 9 balls to do it!!

It’s a great game, but from day one it always has had a “too many cooks in the kitchen” feel, being pulled in many directions and never really completely tying together satisfactorily.

I’m gonna play it on factory until one day - god willing! - I get the wizard mode. Then I’ll probably just turn off EBs and enjoy all the stuff I’ve been enjoying on it for months.

It’s bond, baby. It’s full of bond. If you like classic bond, you’ll like this. But the wishlist of weird shit (ie: make the film clips bigger!! Gives us golf ball EB animations!) should probably die off at this point.

This game has been done, now it’s REALLY done, and fantasy time is over. It is what it is; embrace the reality!

#15621 22 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I rewound the video 3 times to make sure he said what I thought Mike V said and he said more call outs coming.

Should be here in two weeks.

#15622 22 days ago
Quoted from Allmoney:

We got smart missles. We got Bond girls. We got wizard modes. All of this stuff came at us in dribs and drabs. It was awesome seeing this game take shape. It really was a satisfying “journey.”

So you can’t be salty that we didn’t get it all at once; can you imagine the pitchforks if we hadn’t got shit in a year?! Nobody wanted that!!!

As someone who grew up on 80s and 90s games I’m truly amazed by how packed to the gills with stuff these modern games are. We are always gonna want more more more more but at some point they gotta pull the rip cord and move on to the next game.

We’ve never seen games with this much code. It’s really something.

#15623 22 days ago

I am having problems with the Bond Jetpack. It does not move from the far right position and blocks the ball. I think the magnet works but the arm does not swing out. It takes the ball search to knock the ball off the ramp. I tried the jet[ack test and the arm does not move in test. I do hear a noise like it is trying to do something.

Any help?

#15624 22 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I tried to warn you guys.
This game has been basically done for like 6 months.
The only thing left to add was a wizard mode that nobody is ever going to get to.
Well, now we might get to it with a ridiculous 6 EBs.
So we get up to 9 balls to do it!!
It’s a great game, but from day one it always has had a “too many cooks in the kitchen” feel, being pulled in many directions and never really completely tying together satisfactorily.
I’m gonna play it on factory until one day - god willing! - I get the wizard mode. Then I’ll probably just turn off EBs and enjoy all the stuff I’ve been enjoying on it for months.
It’s bond, baby. It’s full of bond. If you like classic bond, you’ll like this. But the wishlist of weird shit (ie: make the film clips bigger!! Gives us golf ball EB animations!) should probably die off at this point.
This game has been done, now it’s REALLY done, and fantasy time is over. It is what it is; embrace the reality!

But can we have a few more Bond babe vids? Come on. Its Bond!

#15625 22 days ago

I nee

Quoted from marksf123:

I am having problems with the Bond Jetpack. It does not move from the far right position and blocks the ball. I think the magnet works but the arm does not swing out. It takes the ball search to knock the ball off the ramp. I tried the jet[ack test and the arm does not move in test. I do hear a noise like it is trying to do something.
Any help?

There’s an adjustment in back of PF on the bond wand. I think it’s a stepper motor that you can re align.

Same thing happened with mine and works fine now. Similar to what happened to me with the Xeno head and rod movement. Had to adjust the stepper motor to get it to function properly.

#15626 22 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We got smart missles. We got Bond girls. We got wizard modes. All of this stuff came at us in dribs and drabs. It was awesome seeing this game take shape. It really was a satisfying “journey.”
So you can’t be salty that we didn’t get it all at once; can you imagine the pitchforks if we hadn’t got shit in a year?! Nobody wanted that!!!
As someone who grew up on 80s and 90s games I’m truly amazed by how packed to the gills with stuff these modern games are. We are always gonna want more more more more but at some point they gotta pull the rip cord and move on to the next game.

That’s why at some point the Bond journey for me might involve putting it on 10 ball with max Eb’s!

I want to see it all before I’m gone.

For now, just love this game.

Stern is just squeezing every ounce of juice they have in that basket of fruit they have to work with.

#15627 22 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love the game. I just want to be better to experience the depth. And I just wished for more surface features so I could enjoy even more my fav pin.

#15628 22 days ago

The extra balls make it more manageable to get to the mini wizard modes. The mini wizard modes are super satisfying. I finally lit one of the movie inserts which was Thunderball. I do agree we need status on Q-Branch modes. I thought I had all 4 things and then realized I needed to do Q-Branch for Thunderball when I realized it cycled through the colors and orange was there. I did notice that weapons were more attainable with the extra balls.

Game time is a lot longer, but having the extra balls really helps get further in the game. As far as I am concerned I love the 1.0 code. I was able to start two mini wizard modes in one game. I got all weapons and all villains. This game is awesome!! And the wizard mode looks like it will be well worth it if we ever get to it. I was close, but still had a lot of henchmen to go as well as Q-Branch.

Without a doubt this game code does multiballs right! I can’t believe how many there are in this game, but you definitely have to earn them!

Q-Branch - Power Pack completed
Q-Branch - DB-5 completed
Q-Branch - Little Nellie completed
Q-Branch - Briefcase completed
Bird One
Jetpack
Chaos at Crab Key
Ahoy Mr. Bond
MI-8

Too awesome! That’s 9 multiballs

If I missed something please correct me.

Can’t wait to see what code comes out next. I scored over 4 billion on the new code after my 3rd game. What a sense of accomplishment getting further through the modes with the extra balls and perks for random rewards.

IMG_3503 (resized).jpegIMG_3503 (resized).jpeg
#15629 22 days ago

I’m just gonna have two modes on this game; play it factory and try to settle in for an hour and beat it, and turn off EBs and ball save and play it like it’s in a tournament and try to get as many points as I can.

Will be fun either way.

#15630 22 days ago

Perhaps they need to add in a 'pick up where you left off' setting. That way, over the course of a few days you can actually get to the Wizard mode. I played 1 game for about an hour last night and got 1 movie insert lit. I figure, all I needed was about six more balls, another hour and wrist surgery to get the rest.

#15631 22 days ago

am i the only one that thinks the second hardest shot in the game besides the women loops is the center shot?

i can never hit it but im a beginner player; i rarely get bird mutliball cause i cant hit that center shot is tricky for me; i can hit henchman ramp easier

#15632 22 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

am i the only one that thinks the second hardest shot in the game besides the women loops is the center shot?
i can never hit it but im a beginner player; i rarely get bird mutliball cause i cant hit that center shot is tricky for me; i can hit henchman ramp easier

strange, it's the 'stern easier shoot' in many of them !

#15633 22 days ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

The extra balls make it more manageable to get to the mini wizard modes. The mini wizard modes are super satisfying. I finally lit one of the movie inserts which was Thunderball. I do agree we need status on Q-Branch modes. I thought I had all 4 things and then realized I needed to do Q-Branch for Thunderball when I realized it cycled through the colors and orange was there. I did notice that weapons were more attainable with the extra balls.
Game time is a lot longer, but having the extra balls really helps get further in the game. As far as I am concerned I love the 1.0 code. I was able to start two mini wizard modes in one game. I got all weapons and all villains. This game is awesome!! And the wizard mode looks like it will be well worth it if we ever get to it. I was close, but still had a lot of henchmen to go as well as Q-Branch.
Without a doubt this game code does multiballs right! I can’t believe how many there are in this game, but you definitely have to earn them!
Q-Branch - Power Pack completed
Q-Branch - DB-5 completed
Q-Branch - Little Nellie completed
Q-Branch - Briefcase completed
Bird One
Jetpack
Chaos at Crab Key
Ahoy Mr. Bond
MI-8
Too awesome! That’s 9 multiballs
If I missed something please correct me.
Can’t wait to see what code comes out next. I scored over 4 billion on the new code after my 3rd game. What a sense of accomplishment getting further through the modes with the extra balls and perks for random rewards. [quoted image]

What about Bond, James Bond Mulitball?

#15634 22 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from marksf123:
Any help?
More

There’s an adjustment in back of PF on the bond wand. I think it’s a stepper motor that you can re align.
Same thing happened with mine and works fine now. Similar to what happened to me with the Xeno head and rod movement. Had to adjust the stepper motor to get it to function properly.

I see the motor on the back of the game. I was able to move the arm manually but not sure what to do to fix the error. I go into the jetpack test and still nothing. Not sure how you realigned the stepper motor?

#15635 22 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Try this shot. Cradle from right flipper. Then shoot it as the ball rolls down the flipper about 1/4 down from the thick part of the flipper.

#15636 22 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

It’s a Masterpiece.
I will never type anything more of a response of how good Bond is from now on except these three words.

I don’t want to brag too much here but why not??? I was right!

Last Summer a good friend helped show me a diamond in the rough with Bond and where it was going. I came in and bought a Prem mid innings then when Bond was kicking in with a huge turn upward. Great time to get in for myself, but the path wasn’t as easy for many.

Original, early inning Bond owners got off to a horrible start. It was bad. But on the bright side those owners saw one of the largest upward trajectory moves of a game from low playability to 1.0 today in all of pinball! It’s was a shame it got off to such a rough start and hard to believe looking at the game now, but here we all are!

It’s a Masterpiece!

#15637 22 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yep, I knew I would forget one of the multiballs. Thanks for reminding me. That makes it 10 multiballs! That’s a lot!

#15638 22 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

My favorite multiball!!

Quoted from insight75:

But can we have a few more Bond babe vids? Come on. Its Bond!

Yes please

BTW - anything new for the Bond on a wand for prem/LE owners?

It’s a Masterpiece!

I agree. I waited about 8-9 months before I pulled the trigger so I didn't really experience the darkest days of the code. I didn't expect the game to get this good though - it's my favorite game now and I can't imagine selling it for a long long time.

#15639 22 days ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Yep, I knew I would forget one of the multiballs. Thanks for reminding me. That makes it 10 multiballs! That’s a lot!

It really is a fantastic game!

#15640 22 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

My favorite multiball!!

Yeah... I love the way the spinner sound and the shaker works in the that mode. I also like how it pauses the game with the intro to it and the count down to when the balls drain. It's a good one!

#15641 22 days ago

kool1 :
Yeah, I forgot about new code/mode that uses the Bond on a Wand. That should've been in the HMSS wizard for the Thunderball and/or Dr No segment (since the ball is dropped on the dragon tank).

#15642 22 days ago

Minor patch update.

LE/PRE V1.01.0 - April 24, 2024
=====================

- Corrected video clips of the British Flag.
- Fixed a problem where any mode (or Wizard Mode) that ends with a shot to the right
ramp (or side ramp prior to starting Her Majesty's Secret Service" Wizard Mode) that
completes a group of modes' progress towards a wizard mode would prematurely
start a wizard mode instead of waiting for the player to make the shot again.
- Now the "Advance" the rule stage award given during the "Diamonds are Forever" stage
of "Her Majesty's Secret Service" is given on the "5th" spin of a spinner session.
- Removed unused sound assets from "Her Majesty's Secret Service" Wizard Mode.

unnamed (resized).pngunnamed (resized).png

#15643 22 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

And V1.01 is out with a minor patch update.

Stern saw the feedback here and is going to address all of it.

#15644 22 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Stern saw the feedback here and is going to address all of it.

Fingers crossed.

LOL!

Honestly all I want is the manual plunge when locking a ball.

#15645 22 days ago

Too bad they didn't just give us the Wizard Mode game option at game start while they were at it.

#15646 22 days ago
Quoted from spidey:

Too bad they didn't just give us the Wizard Mode game option at game start while they were at it.

Pretty sure all that is coming in the next update that is just not a quick fix.

#15647 22 days ago

Original, early inning Bond owners got off to a horrible start. It was bad. But on the bright side those owners saw one of the largest upward trajectory moves of a game from low playability to 1.0 today in all of pinball! It’s was a shame it got off to such a rough start and hard to believe looking at the game now, but here we all are!

It's funny to think that people sold this game a year ago or more because "the code sucks."
I knew Gomez and team would come through eventually.

#15648 22 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It's funny to think that people sold this game a year ago or more because "the code sucks."

We never did get to see vid of Spock taking a sledgehammer to his machine

#15649 22 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Well maybe funny isn't the right word? I feel the early entry folks had a good justification to be down on things with how the game started out and how long it took to get to being just an “ok” game.

I definitely don’t look at things as “hey all you doubters were wrong”. Not one bit and that wasn’t my intent. Just interesting how Bond started so low and rose so high. This has been and is both bad and good for the owners and past owners.

For me Bond went from “what the hell is this?” to my favorite game, so yes I agree - good job GG and team!

#15650 22 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yes I would think you are the only one. It’s a pretty easy shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 322.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.