larry-david-unsure.gif
IMG_9758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2252 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9749 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 328.
#15551 42 days ago
Quoted from Bunzy:

I’m watching the 1.0 stream and wondering, does bond ever talk in any of the videos or callouts? If not then that’s pretty lame

In all the bond women clips he does. BJB mini wizard has all of them talking. Jet pack he never shuts up. So yes he talks. It’s just Sean Connery was never recorded saying Multiball or Jackpot.

Edit: It would be good if he said “shaken not stirred” for a tilt I guess.

#15552 42 days ago

We did it boys (and ladies) ... 1 . 0 !

#15553 42 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I just asked in chat and Mike said “It’s on the list”. Thank goodness

Good Deal.

Thanks for the follow up.

#15554 42 days ago

Seems like most people are bummed on Social media. There isn’t much in the way of normal players in this update besides the few spectre weapons and the blinking movie inserts.

But I’m pretty psyched to hear there are more updates on the way. All 1.0 means is that the rules are in place. Call outs and more polish is on the way so I hope people can see the forest for the trees.

#15555 42 days ago

Anyone noticing some of the lighting is jacked up in modes and for the bird 1 targets?

#15556 42 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

In all the bond women clips he does. BJB mini wizard has all of them talking. Jet pack he never shuts up. So yes he talks. It’s just Sean Connery was never recorded saying Multiball or Jackpot.
Edit: It would be good if he said “shaken not stirred” for a tilt I guess.

Bond talks during jet pack MB? When?

#15557 42 days ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Bond talks during jet pack MB? When?

Jet pack the q branch mode.

#15558 42 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

Seems like most people are bummed on Social media. There isn’t much in the way of normal players in this update besides the few spectre weapons and the blinking movie inserts.
But I’m pretty psyched to hear there are more updates on the way. All 1.0 means is that the rules are in place. Call outs and more polish is on the way so I hope people can see the forest for the trees.

Those people on social media must just be focusing on the final wizard mode. I think there’s some good stuff in here outside that though.

More extra balls.
Big end of ball bonuses for both playing and completing modes.
New Spectre perks
New and revamped mystery awards

All that with a cool final wiz mode and them acknowledging on stream that more stuff is still on the list for future updating.

#15559 42 days ago

Just watched Nick's game. Wow, what a wizard mode. So many clips and stages and fun stuff, it could easily be it's own game. Big congrats to the team.

#15560 42 days ago

Just played a game on default rules with lanes wide open. 45 minutes... 5 extra balls. Finished all henchmen and drained on last villain. Gotta schedule time to play a game as it's a "late for work" long player now. Noticed new callouts and other goodies.

20240423_202846 (resized).jpg20240423_202846 (resized).jpg
#15561 42 days ago

It is a shame they didn't rejig the way the movie inserts are lit and the mini wizard modes are started (still think you should have achieved a specific movie mini wizard for lighting an insert, instead of the usual "complete the ladder" rigmarole), but I don't think anyone was truly expecting that, it was just too late in the day to change the structure.

They have added a lot of cool stuff in all the right places though (especially mystery awards), and wow that is one huge main wizard mode, so can't complain about this code drop, or the quality of the package in general I reckon it's all been excellent work by the team.

#15562 42 days ago

told ya guys yesterday it would come..... great update

#15563 42 days ago

Second play on the new code and I finally broke a bill! Woot!

#15564 42 days ago
Quoted from DSKPin:

Second play on the new code and I finally broke a bill! Woot!

Seems like all those extra balls would make it quite a bit easier. I'm not sure I want all those 45 min games. Nick's total playing time was what, an hour and a half? The other three didn't take much time.

#15565 42 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Maybe this means stern is dropping a trailer for a new pin soon...

Hope so, I'm expecting it to come within the next week or so. I really want to know if it's something I'm tempted by, or something I can safely skip.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Watching Nick play the new final wizard mode. I need to figure out what adjustments to my setup I need to make so I can backhand the right orbit shot.

Yeah, I was surprised that he was able to do that pretty consistently. Never even thought to try it.

#15566 42 days ago

Looking forward to playing my pro that's on route w the 1.0!
Been w her since 2/23. She's grown soooo much since then!

#15567 42 days ago

Great fun but I must have had 5 extra balls…..

#15568 42 days ago
Quoted from Rhart51:

I'll be honest, when I heard v1.0 I was expecting big things. Even when I saw the write up, I was like damn... That's a lot of stuff!

However... After playing a game or two I really did not notice many changes. Yes some of the inserts light up a bit more and I got a few new high stakes rewards but honestly, that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the final wizard mode is amazing (I won't watch the video because I don't want to ruin it) but overall, the update seems a bit underwhelming on basic game play level. For me, it certainly does not even close to what we saw with the Foo Fighters V1.0 update. That radically added a ton of new callouts, accessible modes and more. I mean maybe I am missing something here but I'm not really feel it with the Bond V1.0 update.

No new callouts.
No new modes that I saw. *Yes. I know about the final wizard mode being added.
No new animations.
Ball still auto fires when you lock one.

I mean it seems more like a sub V1.0 update to me. "shrug"

#15569 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'll be honest, when I heard v1.0 I was expecting big things. Even when I saw the write up, I was like damn... That's a lot of stuff!
However... After playing a game or two I really did not notice many changes. Yes some of the inserts light up a bit more and I got a few new high stakes rewards but honestly, that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I am sure the final wizard mode is amazing (I won't watch the video because I don't want to ruin it) but overall, the update seems a bit underwhelming on basic game play level. For me, it certainly does not even close to what we saw with the Foo Fighters V1.0 update. That radically added a ton of new callouts, accessible modes and more. I mean maybe I am missing something here but I'm not really feel it with the Bond V1.0 update.
No new callouts.
No new animations.

It's been a LOOOONNNGGG journey.
I am happy with the overall development.
Do you remember the Dark Ages when your only points were just Jetpack MB?

#15570 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No new callouts.
No new animations.

Feel sort of the same. Wasn't much new for me either. Still my favorite pinball machine, was just expecting a lot more given the long wait.

#15571 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No new callouts.
No new animations.

Mike V. said on stream that new callouts are coming along with manual plunge after ball lock. Would have been nice for the 1.0 update but oh well, as long as it’s coming I’m cool. Also, the last thing the game needs is more modes.

#15572 42 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Feel sort of the same. Wasn't much new for me either. Still my favorite pinball machine, was just expecting a lot more given the long wait.

I'm still working on updating my machine but I had also expected them to add high score record keeping for the various modes. I play Godzilla and that has a record for every mode but Bond still is lacking in those. I hope that's something else they are working on for the next update. Also didn't see any notes about Q Branch tracking. They could have used the blinking center inserts for that since every other mode already has something on the board for it.

Overall not mad and anything missing yet since I still have to play with this update but hoping to see some of this addressed in the future (and hopefully not have to wait months for it).

#15573 42 days ago

I loved watching the stream of the 1.0 code and Nick killed it... One thing I was hoping to see was "You Only Live Twice" song in the game play.. (Its avalible as a track in DJ Mode)

#15574 42 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Mike V. said on stream that new callouts are coming along with manual plunge after ball lock. Would have been nice for the 1.0 update but oh well, as long as it’s coming I’m cool. Also, the last thing the game needs is more modes.

When comes down to it, I'm just glad that Stern supports their games. I mean you can say what you want about Stern but overall they do a pretty good job with code updates and I am happy for that!

I honestly hope we do get those changes and more. I also did watch the first couples minutes of the stream where Mike said they were working on the code right up to the last minute to get it out today so it would seem there is more to come.

Quoted from DK:

It's been a LOOOONNNGGG journey.
I am happy with the overall development.
Do you remember the Dark Ages when your only points were just Jetpack MB?

...and yes. I do remember the early code. It's was a shell of what we have today.

I love Bond, it's a fantastic game that with these updates only gets better. I really hope they continue to support it with more updates in the future but even if I was stuck with it is today, I wouldn't be upset.

#15575 42 days ago

I would be cool if the next update has all the other features everyone has been asking for (including call outs) and the number that version 1.007.

#15576 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When comes down to it, I'm just glad that Stern supports their games. I mean you can say what you want about Stern but overall they do a pretty good job with code updates and I am happy for that!

Yeah, if you follow some other companies, there's a definite pattern of releasing a big game with lots of bling that gets buzz for a few months, then code gets abandoned and for the next few years the threads are full of people asking, are we ever going to get the code finished? Not with Stern. Code goodies keep raining from the sky, even after it's "finished".

#15577 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No new callouts.
No new animations.

Foo was a desert wasteland for sounds and callouts before its 1.0 code update. Bond had added WAY more polish along the way to .99 than Foo did.

So you noting that this 1.0 Bond update added way less in terms of callouts and other polishing stuff is really just a negative reflection on how little they had put into Foo at .99.

To say the Bond 1.0 update isn’t as good as the Foo 1.0 update just based on the volume of items added is to take too simple a view of it. You have to put into context the state of both games at v.99

When you look at Foo .99 compared to Bond, Bond was WAY better already at .99 and wasn’t in dire need of ALL polishing items like Foo was. Foo was clearly holding back a lot of those callouts and other things so they could release them along with the topper for sale. And I think that’s BS to hold back on all that stuff and make people who had bought the game at release wait months longer for desperately needed polish just so it would land at the same time as a topper sale.

And in my mind Bond’s overall code and rules structure with multiple paths is way better than Foo’s single train track of just quickly blowing through the city modes with a couple multiballs along the way. There’s very little depth to Foo. Bond has tons of depth.

Smart missiles, Bond Women multipliers, Spectre Weapon perks, 5 mini wizard modes… all are implemented much better in Bond than the similar items in Foo. And the creative design of the Bond modes tying in the shots to the theme & design and making great use of all areas of the layout blows Foo city modes out of the water.

And yes there are still some cool things and tweaks still on the way with Bond, which should be considered a positive and not a negative. Foo has nothing significant left on the way, while Bond is already really good and will still be getting even better.

#15578 42 days ago
Quoted from MadMagic7:

Also didn't see any notes about Q Branch tracking. They could have used the blinking center inserts for that since every other mode already has something on the board for it.

Yes beside more callouts and video/music polish this is the one I am still missing. In my opinion this relies to the only minor layout mistake of the game not included lights for this mode. But hey, as heard in the stream. More will come

#15579 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No new callouts.
No new animations.

Agreed, it was a sub update, they wanted to get something out to the fans because it was taking forever. If you look at the pattern it’s huge transformative updates, then a minor update to follow. Not that 1.0 was minor with OHMSS wizard mode but nothing in the lines of callouts or Bond Women.

.99 moved the needle way more than this update. 1.01 will be the same.

#15580 42 days ago

Bottom line is I'm happy for the update, it's just not exactly what I had expected.

Now where's the V1.01 already?!

#15581 42 days ago

how did nick get to 4 billion from the women multipliers? i can never seem to get more than 2x

maybe ill try sticking microfiber with a pen in there and clean that loop area a little bit; Its soo hard for me to hit easily hardest shot in the game for me. Its very clunky most of time i hit it. I still havent broken a billion top score is around 850

#15582 42 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

how did nick get to 4 trillion from the women multipliers? i can never seem to get more than 2x
maybe ill try sticking microfiber with a pen in there and clean that loop area a little bit; Its soo hard for me to hit easily hardest shot in the game for me. Its very clunky most of time i hit it. I still havent broken a billion top score is around 850

I can't believe Mike V said he can even hit that loop 20x, I think I can do it maybe 2 to 3x but then again, most of the time I am trying to hit the ramp.

#15583 42 days ago

4 billion not trillion.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

how did nick get to 4 trillion from the women multipliers? i can never seem to get more than 2x

#15584 42 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Now where's the V1.01 already?!

Coming when they fix the fact the Union Flag is UPSIDE DOWN in Mi6 multiball.

#15585 42 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Foo was a desert wasteland for sounds and callouts before its 1.0 code update. Bond had added WAY more polish along the way to .99 than Foo did.
So you noting that this 1.0 Bond update added way less in terms of callouts and other polishing stuff is really just a negative reflection on how little they had put into Foo at .99.
To say the Bond 1.0 update isn’t as good as the Foo 1.0 update just based on the volume of items added is to take too simple a view of it. You have to put into context the state of both games at v.99
When you look at Foo .99 compared to Bond, Bond was WAY better already at .99 and wasn’t in dire need of ALL polishing items like Foo was. Foo was clearly holding back a lot of those callouts and other things so they could release them along with the topper for sale. And I think that’s BS to hold back on all that stuff and make people who had bought the game at release wait months longer for desperately needed polish just so it would land at the same time as a topper sale.
And in my mind Bond’s overall code and rules structure with multiple paths is way better than Foo’s single train track of just quickly blowing through the city modes with a couple multiballs along the way. There’s very little depth to Foo. Bond has tons of depth.
Smart missiles, Bond Women multipliers, Spectre Weapon perks, 5 mini wizard modes… all are implemented much better in Bond than the similar items in Foo. And the creative design of the Bond modes tying in the shots to the theme & design and making great use of all areas of the layout blows Foo city modes out of the water.
And yes there are still some cool things and tweaks still on the way with Bond, which should be considered a positive and not a negative. Foo has nothing significant left on the way, while Bond is already really good and will still be getting even better.

Interesting, I had no idea FF code was so far behind. I have only played the game 7-8 times.

No doubt Bond code is packed and well done. It's also fairly straight forward which I love. Stern has really outdone themselves on code for all my games, I am still shocked with all the extras added to JP for the 30th anniversary so many years after release.

#15586 42 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Interesting, I had no idea FF code was so far behind. I have only played the game 7-8 times.
No doubt Bond code is packed and well done. It's also fairly straight forward which I love. Stern has really outdone themselves on code for all my games, I am still shocked with all the extras added to JP for the 30th anniversary so many years after release.

are the JP added extras going on the regular jps as well? are you talking about code?

#15587 42 days ago

EOB movie bonus is still broken.

Example from last nights stream. player had one movie insert lit (diamond are forever) when drained.

Then a few seconds later in EOB 3 movie inserts tally. Dr No, From Russia with Love and Diamonds are forever tally.

#15588 41 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

are the JP added extras going on the regular jps as well? are you talking about code?

Yes, all versions of Jurassic Park got the code changes.

#15589 41 days ago

I pinged Mike V about the upside down union flag yesterday, I'm sure they will fix it soon.

Nonetheless.

A HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE congratulations to George, Mike, Lonnie and EVERYONE_ at Stern Pinball for making an absolutely epic pinball machine based on the most legendary theme ever.

YOU GUYS KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK

and as a huge bond fan I can't imagine anything better than what you have done! (well more Shirley Bassey but hey who doesn't want more Bassey )

Now when are you getting started with Moore era game

"I am now aiming precisely at your groin. So speak or forever hold your piece."

#15590 41 days ago
Quoted from epotech:

Wow, that’s a pretty horrifying mistake. It’s not just upside down, but some sort of mirrored/flipped.

#15591 41 days ago

Just had a nice long game. 5 extra balls which I like! Didn't notice much difference but as others said, it was already pretty far along. I did notice during the briefcase mode (forget exact name) that it went in to ball search when the ball was in the scoop. Maybe a bug but wasn't a big deal.

#15592 41 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

how did nick get to 4 billion from the women multipliers? i can never seem to get more than 2x

To be honest, I don't have too much trouble with the loop but building the multiplier can be rough. My best game yet I got really lucky with this. I was so focused on other shots I later noticed I had the 7x multiplier qualified (it was the first and only time I've had that). It came in really handy with the ball save and I managed to complete Ahoy Mr Bond with it. Even with the scoring updates I didn't know if I'll ever match my scoring that game.

#15593 41 days ago
Quoted from epotech:

Oh boy...

#15594 41 days ago

Wow, I am seeing a lot of not-so-great posts about the V1.0 update and not many positive comments. I'm really happy with it. The bonuses have been massaged and really had a positive effect on my game. I play my premium quite a bit, all factory settings, outlane widths, no mods, etc... and the best I've been able to do so far before the update was 1.17bil after 2k games. After the V1.0 update I scored a 2.15bil after 4 games. I don't think it was a fluke because all of the bonuses were much higher than usual. And no, I didn't get to HMSS or any of the other wizard modes except BJB - on which I got over 150mil (my usual is between 35 and 45 mil for BJB).

So as far as I'm concerned, Thanks to George and everyone on the great team at Stern for sticking with it and delivering us a great game! Any future updates will just be icing on the cake for me!

#15595 41 days ago
Quoted from toofast:

Wow, I am seeing a lot of not-so-great posts about the V1.0 update and not many positive comments. I'm really happy with it. The bonuses have been massaged and really had a positive effect on my game. I play my premium quite a bit, all factory settings, outlane widths, no mods, etc... and the best I've been able to do so far before the update was 1.17bil after 2k games. After the V1.0 update I scored a 2.15bil after 4 games. I don't think it was a fluke because all of the bonuses were much higher than usual. And no, I didn't get to HMSS or any of the other wizard modes except BJB - on which I got over 150mil (my usual is between 35 and 45 mil for BJB).
So as far as I'm concerned, Thanks to George and everyone on the great team at Stern for sticking with it and delivering us a great game! Any future updates will just be icing on the cake for me!

I just think people are a bit underwhelmed with the update, that's all.

The game was great prior to the update and the update did make it better but on the surface, I just think people were expecting a bit more other than a wizard mode that not many will never see. The final wizard mode does sound amazing though!

#15596 41 days ago

Wow, 2nd game on the new code. There are a LOT of extra balls, might have to turn those down. Games are very long. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf the scoring a bit. One ball my bonus after being multiplied was 425 million, and another bonus was 879 million. Previous GC for me was 3.4B, that game I put up 5.5B.
Like the new mystery awards. Liking what I am seeing so far but man, on default settings you need to be sure the next hour is free.

#15597 41 days ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Wow, 2nd game on the new code. There are a LOT of extra balls, might have to turn those down. Games are very long. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf the scoring a bit. One ball my bonus after being multiplied was 425 million, and another bonus was 879 million. Previous GC for me was 3.4B, that game I put up 5.5B.
Like the new mystery awards. Liking what I am seeing so far but man, on default settings you need to be sure the next hour is free.

I thought the same as well. I mean the game already had a lot to begin with but I can't say I ever even gotten close to the end of it so...

I put in two games last night and got high score #1 on my second game.

#15598 41 days ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I agree. As much as I love the extra points/balls (especially given I'm not a great player) it seems even excessive to me.

Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yes. Code and feature updates for all JPs late last year. They added a co-op mode which is particularly fun.

#15599 41 days ago

I got 9.4B. Lit 3 or 4 inserts, finished villains and henchmen (I think). Several 7X multipliers and a crap ton of extra balls.

#15600 41 days ago

First game on 1.0 code. I have an extra ball limit set to 3, otherwise I would have had 6-7. Bonus can be unbelievable now. Both outlanes maxed with tight tilt.

IMG_1888 (resized).jpegIMG_1888 (resized).jpegIMG_1889 (resized).jpegIMG_1889 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

8,500 (Firm)
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Harrisonburg, VA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 328.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/312 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.