Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,672 posts
  • 733 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 314 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 11 years ago

I need to be better about taking pictures of hacks I come across. A few have slipped by me with no photos.

DSCN0846_(Custom).JPGDSCN0846_(Custom).JPG

1 month later
    #88 11 years ago

Came across this one today.

DSC_8812_(Custom).JPGDSC_8812_(Custom).JPG DSC_8813_(Custom).JPGDSC_8813_(Custom).JPG

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from mystic:

is the battery soldered in??

Yes. Beautiful, isn't it?

2 weeks later
    #118 11 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

Homemade Gottlieb System 80 CPU Reset board. This was installed in my Black Hole when I purchased it 10 years ago. Amazingly this still works, though I should probably remove it from the game.

That is awesome!

1 year later
    #232 9 years ago
    Quoted from alchy999:

But didn't anyone tell them that it does not work like this?

It does work like that, that is now a 20A fuse. And ugly one, but 20A nonetheless.

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

No, it does not.

Okay, there are exceptions as we're dealing with the real world here and there will be inconsistencies with the fuses. But my point is that yes, in a parallel circuit this is how it works, the current divides between the fuses. Yes, the fuse's resistance affects how current divides and it may not be a 20A fuse. There's probably other things to take into consideration that are beyond me.

I shouldn't have make a blanket statement saying it was now a 20A fuse. But it is also incorrect to make a blanket statement saying this isn't how it works.

#246 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

because as soon as current goes above 5A one of those two fuses is going to blow

Awww...jeez. I'm not even going to bother. I'll leave it to Pinsiders to read about Ohm's law and educate themselves.

What's next, Newton's universal law of gravitation? I hear it isn't true either.

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

If any PATH (meaning individual fuse) exceeds 5A, that fuse will blow.

There, THAT's what I was looking for. THIS is the point I was trying to make by talking about Ohm's law. I'm not arguing that the total rating of those fuses is 20A in the real world, I conceded that point. As you pointed out, in some cases the rating can actually be less. That's fine, I don't disagree with that.

My point was that paralleling fuses should increase the current rating because that's how current works! That's all. The problem is the way you have been trying to make your point makes it sound like you are directly contradicting Ohm's law, Kirchoff too. If you re-read your arguments from someone else's point of view, I think you'll see what I'm saying.

I found the PDF you linked to. I knew it was what you used because I saw the text you cut and pasted. I read it and found the portion that initfo mentioned that states the rating would be 18A in this case. I'd even typed up a response about it but decided to let it go because I was tired of arguing about this.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything. I also admit I learned something here. After all this arguing and typing, the end result is that we actually agree!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.