Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,672 posts
  • 733 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Dono
  • Topic is favorited by 314 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0051 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0050 (resized).JPG
    fish hook clip (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    Flipper  (resized).jpeg
    Finished  (resized).jpeg
    New drops  (resized).jpeg
    Sharp (resized).jpeg
    20240330_092957.jpg
    20240330_102141.jpg
    100_3463 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20240321_181347 (resized).jpg
    There are 4,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 94.
    #4651 29 days ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Very true. This was an hour of my life, but that included dying the new DE targets. [quoted image]

Nice work! What kind of dye did you use?

#4652 29 days ago
    Quoted from frunch:

Thanks! They looked good with the new drop stickers.

I used this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3ZG1Y5

I could fill pages with hacks from this game. Seems like a professor had owned it. There was a ton of theory of operations notes and self made hacks.

Finished  (resized).jpegFinished (resized).jpeg
    #4653 29 days ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

I could fill pages with hacks from this game. Seems like a professor had owned it. There was a ton of theory of operations notes and self made hacks.

"Theory of operation"? Like the previous owner reverse engineered the machine instead of getting a schematic or manual?

#4654 28 days ago
    Quoted from dstudeba:

"Theory of operation"? Like the previous owner reverse engineered the machine instead of getting a schematic or manual?

Kinda, there was some weird hand written what you may call homemade schematics and other 5 pages of self made paperwork. It seemed like someone with one machine just trying to keep it going.
    Here’s a fun flipper assembly from the same game. To keep on topic of weird hacks.

Flipper  (resized).jpegFlipper (resized).jpeg
    #4655 28 days ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Thanks! They looked good with the new drop stickers.
    I used this
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N3ZG1Y5
    I could fill pages with hacks from this game. Seems like a professor had owned it. There was a ton of theory of operations notes and self made hacks. [quoted image]

@Jigs, I know that’s a Gottlieb, but what game is that. I like that layout.

#4656 28 days ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

@Jigs, I know that’s a Gottlieb, but what game is that. I like that layout.

Um, that's a Game Plan Sharpshooter.

#4657 28 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Um, that's a Game Plan Sharpshooter.

Thanks, the round ended flippers threw me off.

#4658 28 days ago
    Quoted from frunch:

when using RIT dye, I found that I had to add a small amount of acetone to the boiling water solution to get the dye to [soak] into the plastic (at least for items like ball eject saucers or star posts). and when dying transparent plastics, you'll want to try and dye everything at the same time so that they dye evenly.

#4659 25 days ago

Free play beyond doubt

f6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpgf6424bb5-0448-49b4-9161-208603eb2e12_92 (resized).jpg
    #4660 24 days ago

Williams Travel Time. Guess they traveled forward into the future for this hack.

IMG_4354 (resized).jpegIMG_4354 (resized).jpeg
    #4661 24 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Williams Travel Time. Guess they traveled forward into the future for this hack.
    [quoted image]

I'd like to see the other side of that outhole. With a micro switch?

#4662 24 days ago

Top view

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4663 24 days ago

Had this stored for over six months under my other games. This is the first time I’ve looked at it closely. It’s a mess inside. Clearly been in a damp environment. Lots of white corrosion and the bottom board even looks like it’s been damp.

#4664 24 days ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Had this stored for over six months under my other games. This is the first time I’ve looked at it closely. It’s a mess inside. Clearly been in a damp environment. Lots of white corrosion and the bottom board even looks like it’s been damp.

Ya wow hey it’s a mess

#4665 18 days ago

Found this in a Jacks Open. That barb held the relay in place well. I could barely remove it.

fish hook clip (resized).jpgfish hook clip (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #4666 11 days ago

Bally - Centaur

That guy thought the original lock wasn't secure enough, so let's put in a second one.

Centaur are so pretty and special pinball, that outstanding arwork and see this shi...t

One of those bad-hacks I really hate to see is damaged coin doors.

DSC_0050 (resized).JPGDSC_0050 (resized).JPGDSC_0051 (resized).JPGDSC_0051 (resized).JPG

#4667 11 days ago

Are you sure it is just a second lock? I have seen operators remove the original power switch and installing a keyswitch instead. Usually, on the cabinet front on the right side of coin door though.

#4668 11 days ago
    Quoted from alf_1968:

One of those bad-hacks I really hate to see is damaged coin doors.

Bad, but I'll take it over the 4 holes drilled either side of the coin door with the steel bar.

#4669 10 days ago
    Quoted from mojonitro:

Found this in a Jacks Open. That barb held the relay in place well. I could barely remove it.
    [quoted image]

Looks like a genuine Eagle Claw brand hook. Nothing but the best, for the best!

#4670 10 days ago
    Quoted from mojonitro:

[quoted image]

Quoted from MrBally:

Looks like a genuine Eagle Claw brand hook. Nothing but the best, for the best!

This guy lived to be 92. Maybe we are in the wrong hobby

Gone fishin' instead of just a wishin'.

https://www.ccmcks.org/meadowlarkhospice/dawnsnotesapril2021.php

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4671 8 days ago

Creative Friday night fix using a flipper linkage for an outhole linkage. It works!

17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg17137452019287598807293974414584 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #4672 21 hours ago
    Quoted from mojonitro:

[quoted image]

NOTHING Beats the sharpness and strength of an Eagle Claw hook! Looks like some solder on the point to up the safety quotient

There are 4,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.