Screenshot_20230728_124324_Twitter (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230728_124244_Twitter (resized).jpg
1E4ADAFA-E4C9-4CAE-A461-F715F777968D (resized).jpeg
096FC4F3-4710-48CC-A852-328EDA938C5F (resized).jpeg
F3E7C75B-0774-4FE2-8E8A-BE832936A5F3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5750 (resized).jpg
9CB9C1A8-D094-47BB-AE6C-98755416E0E7 (resized).jpeg
46AC7FA8-3206-49E4-9E11-0DC81D627AC0 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whos buying (more) stock today??

Damn it's up like $40 bucks since you called it.

#1302 6 years ago

I bought TSLA at $230 last Jan. When it hit $365 in August it just seemed too good to be true and I sold it. If it gets back to $230, I would think about buying it again but alas, didn't go much below $250 this week.

#1303 6 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

I bought TSLA at $230 last Jan. When it hit $365 in August it just seemed too good to be true and I sold it. If it gets back to $230, I would think about buying it again but alas, didn't go much below $250 this week.

I kind of wish I had sold at the high and re-bought, but oh well.

Quoted from Darscot:

Damn it's up like $40 bucks since you called it.

Thats a-nice!

#1304 6 years ago

I originally bought in around $230 about a year ago and sold half at $360. Just rebought that half at $270.

TRIED to buy right at the low point but Fidelity took like 36 hours to sell another stock to free up funds and I missed slightly. Eh, good enough.

#1305 6 years ago

I'm selling some stock to pay for my 3, it was part of a bonus at work few years back. It's down a little lately but I'm hoping it will get close to $130 before I have to pay for the car. The payment price was listed at $17, going to hurt a bit on the capital gains but I am not complaining.

#1306 6 years ago

Just checked my records... I bought at $220 and sold at $266. 3 months later it was up to $380.... Oh well, you never know. Seems like the best way to get stock to rise is to sell it all.

#1307 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

TRIED to buy right at the low point but Fidelity took like 36 hours to sell another stock to free up funds and I missed slightly. Eh, good enough.

another reason to like cryptocurrency trading, selling and buying is instant and only costs .5%

#1308 6 years ago

Just configured!!

Can’t wait, but I’ll have to 3-6 weeks.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just configured!!

Congrats! Post a review after you've had it for a while.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just configured!!

Awesome. You are going to love it! Traded my X for an S P100D. Really nice car.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just configured!!

Out of curiosity, when did you reserve and was it in person or online?
I reserved online on 3/31 (but late in the day) and my estimator says May-July. Curious for people getting them now, where they are at in the queue.

#1312 6 years ago

I reserved in person 3/31 around noon. I was in line for 6 hours. Estimator was Mar-May

The P100D is an insane car.

#1313 6 years ago

I think inreserved around 1pm Eastern - mine was at 4-6 week delivery about two weeks ago

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I reserved in person 3/31 around noon. I was in line for 6 hours. Estimator was Mar-May
The P100D is an insane car.

i agree!

IMG_0683 (resized).JPGIMG_0683 (resized).JPG

#1315 6 years ago

I configured about a week ago. Reserved online the moment it opened before the reveal. In Canada obviously, they gave me 4-8 weeks. Ordered the wheel kit and charger and they already arrived. Just need the car

#1316 6 years ago

Reserved online just after it opened, prior the reveal. Got invite and configured on 3/22. Said 3 to 6 weeks, but I configured black with aero wheels, and it looks like they won't start another batch of those before in 6 to 8 weeks.
Heard of some people getting invite today, configured, and had a VIN a couple hours later (all blue with sports wheels).

#1317 6 years ago

Anyone read the latest Car & Driver test? Tesla would not give a car to test, so a private citizen let his be tested. Everything was pretty positive except price, but the biggest problem was terrible fit and finish; like body panels not lining up. I hope Tesla can get their sh#t together because I want one someday.

#1318 6 years ago

Some people think color / wheel has more to do with delays than it does. I'm sure they run batches, but the entire point of a config this simple was the ability to run whatever they need when they need it. I don't think they run a week of blue, a week of white, a week of grey and then your color doesn't come back around for 6 weeks. But then again, it's Tesla, so who knows.

Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Got invite and configured on 3/22. Said 3 to 6 weeks, but I configured black with aero wheels, and it looks like they won't start another batch of those before in 6 to 8 weeks.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Some people think color / wheel has more to do with delays than it does. I'm sure they run batches, but the entire point of a config this simple was the ability to run whatever they need when they need it. I don't think they run a week of blue, a week of white, a week of grey and then your color doesn't come back around for 6 weeks. But then again, it's Tesla, so who knows.

It's actually been more or less proven that's how it's working. The less popular choices (which, surprisingly to me, is apparently black color in particular) can take longer because they do apparently only run those every other week or so.

Now that production has increased however, I expect we'll see that sort of thing not be quite as big of a deal.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The less popular choices (which, surprisingly to me, is apparently black color in particular) can take longer because they do apparently only run those every other week or so.

Black cars are a nightmare, I’m not at all surprised that’s the colour they let you have for free. Nobody wants it and everybody is willing to pay extra to avoid it. I’ve never heard of anyone that enjoys black as a daily driver.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Black cars are a nightmare, I’m not at all surprised that’s the colour they let you have for free. Nobody wants it and everybody is willing to pay extra to avoid it. I’ve never heard of anyone that enjoys black as a daily driver.

(looks around...)

Okay, a bit of background... My first car was silver. It was fine. My second car was black. I found that I liked it because when it is cold, the black heats up and the car is a bit warmer. I live in Wisconsin after all. When it is hot, I can roll down the windows and turn on the air and make it comfortable very quickly. In the winter though, it takes forever to warm it up.

With an electric car, that is less of a problem, but I think because you need to use a bit less heat, it probably actually slightly extends the range. So I'm all for it.

Having said that, glass roof... I don't know if range will extend or not...

#1322 6 years ago

i've had 3 black cars. Never had any problem with the color.

#1323 6 years ago

Black cars look good the day you wash them and look like shit every other day. They are high maintenance girl friend, it's just not worth the effort. Tesla knew it would be the color most people would pay to avoid. The obsidian black they just dropped.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Black cars look good the day you wash them and look like shit every other day. They are high maintenance girl friend, it's just not worth the effort. Tesla knew it would be the color most people would pay to avoid. The obsidian black they just dropped.

I have found that to be true of all cars, with only silver looking decent longer than a day or two.

And I don't really care for silver as a car color.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Black cars look good the day you wash them and look like shit every other day.

I currently own two black cars and if i would have purchased a m3 it would have been black... Maybe its the 180 days of rain in your part of Canada influencing your view...

#1326 6 years ago

Black cars , I love them , I'm in the car wash business .

#1327 6 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I currently own two black cars and if i would have purchased a m3 it would have been black... Maybe its the 180 days of rain in your part of Canada influencing your view...

My current car is a black VW Eos it was meant to be my wifes but she only likes driving it in the sunshine so it ended up my daily driver. I did everything to avoid black but it was just one of those deals that I couldn't say no. It's my first (and last) black car but I should have known better, never again. The rain is a blessing the car looks its best when it's overcast.

If you love your black car and happy with the additional maintenance all the power to you. My only point was it is no surprise it is the least desirable color. These days its whites and silvers. I will say I will take black over red, black may be a pain in the ass to keep clean but red is a ticket magnet. It catches the eye and looks faster than it is. No cop ever misses a red car.

#1328 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I have found that to be true of all cars, with only silver looking decent longer than a day or two.
And I don't really care for silver as a car color.

Generally I agree but my P90D with all the bells/whistles looks pretty badass in silver in my opinion.

9D09801F-8A9B-4B6A-AAA4-8D863240DDC2 (resized).jpeg9D09801F-8A9B-4B6A-AAA4-8D863240DDC2 (resized).jpeg

#1330 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Generally I agree but my P90D with all the bells/whistles looks pretty badass in silver in my opinion.

Is there a color that car would not be bad ass in? The tint and black mags are sweet.

#1331 6 years ago

nice to see that the all wheel drive Model 3 is getting closer to production.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-inc-plans-wheel-drive-174500431.html

#1332 6 years ago

Anyone have trouble getting a refund? I clicked give me refund and then have not heard a thing, no confirmation or anything. I sent an email and nothing. I started a dispute with PayPal but have not heard anything there either.

Tesla is a big company they should refund you or at least respond with an email and say they got my request and when I can expect the refund.

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Is there a color that car would not be bad ass in? The tint and black mags are sweet.

No, that's the thing.

I'd totally have a silver S. Or a neon pink S. Or glow in the dark yellow. Or poop brown. Or freeway sign green.

You know all those would look awesome.

#1334 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No, that's the thing.
I'd totally have a silver S. Or a neon pink S. Or glow in the dark yellow. Or poop brown. Or freeway sign green.
You know all those would look awesome.

When it blows by at ludicrous it’s already past plaid, colour is irrelevant

#1335 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Thanks!

When I've looked at the other "S"s around, I can say definitively that the 2 best upgrades are tint (which I believe on all vehicles) and the upgraded rim size/color. The wheels are actually a dark grey which accents the silver very nicely. I also like the powder coated red brake calipers which breaks things up a little.

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Thanks!
When I've looked at the other "S"s around, I can say definitively that the 2 best upgrades are tint (which I believe on all vehicles) and the upgraded rim size/color. The wheels are actually a dark grey which accents the silver very nicely. I also like the powder coated red brake calipers which breaks things up a little.

Fortunately, both can be done by owners on their own. The dark grey wheels do look pretty awesome, but cost of 21" performance tires would dissuade me.

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have trouble getting a refund? I clicked give me refund and then have not heard a thing, no confirmation or anything. I sent an email and nothing. I started a dispute with PayPal but have not heard anything there either.
Tesla is a big company they should refund you or at least respond with an email and say they got my request and when I can expect the refund.

To be fair, a representative from Tesla called me today and said I was refunded on the day I asked but PayPal can take 10–14 days.

Just wanted to clear that up.

I guess PayPal keeps the money as a free loan.

#1338 6 years ago

Also because I dropped out is not because I didn’t like the M3 but because I didn’t want to wait 1 year also because I’m not an electric car fanatic, I don’t mind ICE cars and wanted to get a small inexpensive sporty car with manual transmission. I don’t need 4 doors or room for passengers since this is just a spare car for me.

Call me crazy but I still like ICE cars with car engine and exhaust noises and mechanical interactions between engine transmission and driver. Almost like pinball machines which use old mechanisms unlike a computer interaction with of gameplay.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also because I dropped out is not because I didn’t like the M3 but because I didn’t want to wait 1 year also because I’m not an electric car fanatic, I don’t mind ICE cars and wanted to get a small inexpensive sporty car with manual transmission. I don’t need 4 doors or room for passengers since this is just a spare car for me.
Call me crazy but I still like ICE cars with car engine and exhaust noises and mechanical interactions between engine transmission and driver. Almost like pinball machines which use old mechanisms unlike a computer interaction with of gameplay.

Understandable. I drive an '05 RAV4 5-spd for the same reason. Not a fan of the current options, fly by wire, traction-take-control, and friggin CVT transmissions. Hoping my next car will be electric, but we'll see.

#1340 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Dude, that's one of the best carguments I've ever heard.

QSS

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Dude, that's one of the best carguments I've ever heard.
QSS

Yep. I think EV are the future but fear they’ll be like washing machines for example you pick a color then you pick the various features and look at reliability and price factors. But at the end of the day you just want something that cleans your clothes.

I don’t mean to sound like old guy yelling at clouds. But I used to own a 76 Chevy Nova and then a 88 WV Fox roll up windows, non power steering. I’m not saying they were anything special but as years went by and modern features started to take it was almost like going from EM machine to a SS machine. Each car I got over the next 30 years was a bit more refined.

The car I got is not anything extra special if you look at the stats you’d say it’s meh. But it has some old school driving feel, the new 911 Porsche are great but not as soulful as the older models now with launch control, PDK, variable steering ratio, rear wheel steering, active shocks, active exhaust etc. new cars are great just not as interactive as the older cars. The car I got is a 2018 BRZ but it feels a lot like my old S2000. I like that you feel the engine power band and have to pay attention to what gear you are in and what speed you are traveling.

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To be fair, a representative from Tesla called me today and said I was refunded on the day I asked but PayPal can take 10–14 days.
Just wanted to clear that up.
I guess PayPal keeps the money as a free loan.

Just a note that this absolutely isn't true - Paypal doesn't take ANY time at all to notify you that a refund has been issued. It's virtually instantaneous. Yes it will take a few days after the refund is issued through Paypal to go back to your original form of payment. But Paypal will notify you immediately once a vendor starts the refund process, and it will show up immediately on your transaction activity on Paypal as well. Unfortunately this is 100% on Tesla, and it's either an uninformed Tesla rep, or something kinda shady to keep you from inquiring further until they decide to push the refund button.

#1343 6 years ago

Tesla will be profitable and cash flow positive in Q3 and Q4, says Elon Musk

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-profitable-cash-flow-2018-elon-musk/

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Tesla will be profitable and cash flow positive in Q3 and Q4, says Elon Musk
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-profitable-cash-flow-2018-elon-musk/

If his Tweets are scrutinized by the SEC, then that's PROOF POSITIVE for me!

#1345 6 years ago

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-switching-to-24-7-shifts-to-push-for-6-000-model-1825335216

Good news they're going to be profitable, but why am I imagining the plot to gung-ho "15 thousand cars? that's a LOT of cars!"

#1346 6 years ago

Anyone have an update on the 200,000 car tax credit situation? I’m wondering if anyone has read any good reliable info that says they’ll wait till July 1 to sell the 200,000th US car. It matters to me because I really want to buy the base model but I don’t want to lose out on the full $7500 tax break.

#1347 6 years ago

I can say my Canadian date was moved up and I got to configure already. My understanding this was to delay the 200K car in the US. So I can confirm they have changed their focus to international.

#1348 6 years ago

It's hard to say. The problem is, after Canada, they really don't have anywhere else to go. The entire country of Canada has less residents than the state of California, plus with the dollar being so strong making Canadian 3's that much more expensive, offering 3's to Canada isn't much of a delay. Mexico is a right side drive market.

I would not call this an international focus, at least not yet. We aren't going to see any right hand drive 3's this year.

Quoted from Darscot:

I can say my Canadian date was moved up and I got to configure already. My understanding this was to delay the 200K car in the US. So I can confirm they have changed their focus to international.

#1349 6 years ago

Norway would be the next logical market. All I was trying to say is they are clearly trying to sell cars outside the US and the only reason for that would be to slow sales inside the US. So its a good chance all the speculation about delaying US sales is true.

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have an update on the 200,000 car tax credit situation?

If Tesla hits 200k in early Q3 (say July 1st), that means the full credit is actually still available to all through the end of 2018.
Even after that, half credit ($3,750) is still available for the first 6 months of 2019 and quarter credit ($1,875) through the end of 2019

There are 3,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-in-on-tesla-model-3/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.