(Topic ID: 352110)

What’s Up Doc? - it’s the Looney Tunes owners club!

By jfh

69 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 549 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version of Looney Tunes did you order?”

• Collector’s Edition 49 votes
    92%
  • Bloodsucker Edition 3 votes
    6%
  • Standard Edition 1 vote
    2%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240428_095603 (resized).jpg
IMG_2692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2516 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4210 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4207 (resized).jpeg
9B391CC9-1E62-46AB-93D0-9EAC1F08922A (resized).jpeg
IMG_0202 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8138 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Silicone spray can (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 549 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 19 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I agree, but.

It's really, really annoying. What the heck IS it?

Someone else will know the technicals, but it’s something with the electricity passing through the coils causing vibration? Don’t quote this there are people way smarter than me on this forum.

#452 19 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I positively love Shot X too, really cool design. Still trying to figure out how to hit it consistently. Love the TNT mini multiball, and how it's fairly easy to get going and can be stacked anywhere. Modes are great too - remind me of Scooby, but this layout and theme are way more my speed.

I'm waiting to be proved wrong, but I don't think you will ever have Shot X completely dialed in. It's always going to be a challenging shot, but it's rewarded appropriately. I haven't talked much about the TNT Add-A-Ball, but I'm glad you are enjoying it. We are treating it like an old school add-a-ball, meaning you can actually start modes while the add-a-ball is in play. It really can be stacked with everything, but will become progressively more difficult to start...so use it wisely.

PS: The next mode coming will probably be the best to stack with it.

#453 19 days ago

I hope everyone is enjoying all the classical music in the games. For better or worse, I think many were introduced to classical music through these cartoons, so it was very important to us that we feature them in the machine. We've tried to feature 'classical' music in each of the episodes and more 'jazz' music in multiballs. Sorry, not sorry, but this is "another music pin".

Ain’t She Tweet - The Thieving Magpie (Gioachino Rossini)
Hare-Raising Hare - Symphony 5 (Ludwig van Beethoven)
Hyde and Go Tweet - Prelude to Act I from Carmen (Georges Bizet)
Long Haired Hare - Figaros Aria (Gioachino Rossini)
Rabbit Transit - William Tell Overture (Gioachino Rossini)
Rabbit Fire - Tales of the Vienna Woods (Richard Strauss)
Robin Hood Duck - The Blue Danube (Richard Strauss)
What’s Opera Doc - Ride of the Valkyries (Richard Wagner)
______________ - In the Hall of the Mountain King (Edvard Grieg) <-- The next mode.

#454 19 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I agree, but I'm seeing a fair number of clean hard shots to those back ramps reject. I'm pretty sure it's the solid, hard clean ones either catching air and bouncing off the roof plastic, or maybe nailing the back wall and rejecting rather than curving around. Less if it with a better feel for where to hit, but any time a clean solid shot gets knocked back at you it's rightly frustrating (here's looking at you, f'ing Zeppelin cross ramp).
And what I'll say is that when you get to know a game, you auto compensate for much of that, so it really doesn't surprise me bug can wail away. It's absolutely something that'll make people walking up call it clunky though. And I'm guessing some adjustments can be made to help. I'm going to play it a bit more before I start tinkering, but I wouldn't be surprised if the suggestion to shim those ramps a couple mm helps - looking at them they are set low and the flap bend is very oblique,.which would lend to airballs on powerful shots. I'm going to drop the angle a bit tomorrow too; I default to steep and am probably at 7 or so right now, appreciate the suggestion to bring that down.
I positively love Shot X too, really cool design. Still trying to figure out how to hit it consistently. Love the TNT mini multiball, and how it's fairly easy to get going and can be stacked anywhere. Modes are great too - remind me of Scooby, but this layout and theme are way more my speed.

It's really, really annoying. What the heck IS it?

You should definitely play around with your pitch before you start shimming ramps. That's not needed at all. You can also make sure your ramp flaps aren't a little too tight.

#455 19 days ago

my friends LT in the 30s shipped.

#456 19 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope everyone is enjoying all the classical music in the games. For better or worse, I think many were introduced to classical music through these cartoons, so it was very important to us that we feature them in the machine. We've tried to feature 'classical' music in each of the episodes and more 'jazz' music in multiballs. Sorry, not sorry, but this is "another music pin".
Ain’t She Tweet - The Thieving Magpie (Gioachino Rossini)
Hare-Raising Hare - Symphony 5 (Ludwig van Beethoven)
Hyde and Go Tweet - Prelude to Act I from Carmen (Georges Bizet)
Long Haired Hare - Figaros Aria (Gioachino Rossini)
Rabbit Transit - William Tell Overture (Gioachino Rossini)
Rabbit Fire - Tales of the Vienna Woods (Richard Strauss)
Robin Hood Duck - The Blue Danube (Richard Strauss)
What’s Opera Doc - Ride of the Valkyries (Richard Wagner)
______________ - In the Hall of the Mountain King (Edvard Grieg) <-- The next mode.

I absolutely love thinking of this as a Classical Music pin. Especially since the game I keep wanting to compare it to is Foo; unique shots, great flow, great soundtrack. Looney Tunes really are the original , and best, music videos when you think about it.

If foo is Dad Rock, maybe this is Great Grandad Rock?

#457 18 days ago

I couldn't get live to work but did do a full unboxing with some game play! Absolutely beautiful machine. Big thanks to Spooky for making a awesome game and Jason at Classic Game Rooms!

#458 18 days ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

I couldn't get live to work but did do a full unboxing with some game play! Absolutely beautiful machine. Big thanks to Spooky for making a awesome game and Jason at Classic Game Rooms!

Awesome video!
You will have to keep us update on any dialing in or adjustments you make!

#459 18 days ago

I couldn't get live to work but did do a full unboxing with some game play! Absolutely beautiful machine.

I’ve seen a lot of unboxing videos over the years and this is the best I can remember. Terrific for anyone that has never done one and fun for those of us that have. I will warn you that the “lift game, kick pallet, place stool” move is nowhere near as easy in real life as Chris makes it look …

Nice camera work and great shot of the playfield without the glass. A couple things weren’t included for time - also check connections under the playfield and make sure code is updated to the latest level. I’m going to link this video in the FAQ so it’s easy to find.

Thanks Chris! Look forward to seeing more

#460 18 days ago

Thank you! I will definitely get more shots and game play footage by tomorrow. I was having a day yesterday as I left most of my camera equipment at work and had a 2 year old about to wake up from her nap at any minute.

Quoted from jfh:

I’ve seen a lot of unboxing videos over the years and this is the best I can remember. Terrific for anyone that has never done one and fun for those of us that have. I will warn you that the “lift game, kick pallet, place stool” move is nowhere near as easy in real life as Chris makes it look …

Nice camera work and great shot of the playfield without the glass. A couple things weren’t included for time - also check connections under the playfield and make sure code is updated to the latest level. I’m going to link this video in the FAQ so it’s easy to find.

Thanks Chris! Look forward to seeing more

#461 18 days ago

I will definitely let you know. I only was able to get the one game on it but from that one game, I am pretty close to where it needs to be I think. I seen people talk about ramp rejection but I only had a couple and they were bad shots. Definitely surprised with some of the shots you can hit.

Quoted from boommerknight:

Awesome video!
You will have to keep us update on any dialing in or adjustments you make!

#462 18 days ago

Hey everyone!

I have a menu tutorial for Looney Tunes here to help you utilize the games many different settings!

#463 17 days ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everyone!
I have a menu tutorial for Looney Tunes here to help you utilize the games many different settings!

That's the most informative and valuable video I've seen. It may take care of most of my problems. My pin definitely improved when I lowered the slant of the machine down to 6.5 as I was at 7 like the instruction sheet says. Now my two issues are the ball not being flung into the crate and both the upper flippers getting stuck open or not firing at all. From your video It looks like I can adjust both of these issues. I'm still awaiting the bracket fix for the ball getting stuck in the drop target. May be a video for installing this bracket for those of us needing to attach it? I'm tired of taking off the glass in the middle of a game but I know you have said you will ship it soon. I was in the middle of my highest score ever and it got stuck and ruined my game THANK YOU for the video though!!!!

May be a video on the action items? How do you use them? I really don't understand them yet. Despite the problems I'm having a lot of fun my average score was around 50,000,000 but now I'm regularly getting to the 110,000,000 range so practice is working. I'm sure I have a lot more code to discover. Your code updates have really been very easy to install. Thanks again!

#464 17 days ago

Having a weird intermittent issue with our game, wondering if any other owner has experienced. One of the flippers will die during game play and will not fire (does seem to very slightly pulse, but not flip). This is our second occurrence in 40 or so plays, first time was the upper right flipper (both times it was during multiplayer with my wife who thinks the game is trying to stop her from getting a high score lol).

It will resolve itself with a restart of the game and does not seem repeatable through normal game-play, just happens.

#465 17 days ago
Quoted from MansfieldDam:

My pin definitely improved when I lowered the slant of the machine down to 6.5 as I was at 7 like the instruction sheet says.

Despite the problems I'm having a lot of fun my average score was around 50,000,000 but now I'm regularly getting to the 110,000,000 range so practice is working. I'm sure I have a lot more code to discover. Your code updates have really been very easy to install. Thanks again!

I had my game set at 6.75 and after letting it settling went back last night and adjusted down to 6.5 and addressed a slight lean to the left the game had after initially setting it level (it's on carpet so expected some settling). Man, that made such a great difference in the game-play for the skill shot, orbit shots, and the side to side slight lean of .15 degrees addressed the games tendency to out-lane drain to the left. Was a nice TUNE in

Anyone know if there is a user manual published yet? What rubbers on the flippers and post are these shipping with (and size chart)?

#466 17 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Having a weird intermittent issue with our game, wondering if any other owner has experienced. One of the flippers will die during game play and will not fire (does seem to very slightly pulse, but not flip). This is our second occurrence in 40 or so plays, first time was the upper right flipper (both times it was during multiplayer with my wife who thinks the game is trying to stop her from getting a high score lol).
It will resolve itself with a restart of the game and does not seem repeatable through normal game-play, just happens.

It happened to me at TPF.

#467 17 days ago

Are you on newest release code? That was an old code thing at TPF but it’s believe resolved.

Aside from that, check your EOS switches to make sure working and also your flipper button switches. Sounds like just a small adjustment needed

#468 17 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you on newest release code? That was an old code thing at TPF but it’s believe resolved.
Aside from that, check your EOS switches to make sure working and also your flipper button switches. Sounds like just a small adjustment needed

I was getting this on the 4.8 code too, have been in contact with spooky about it. Sounds like the next update may address it.

#469 17 days ago

Played Looney for first time this morning at Pintastic New England. It was fun. I was getting TNT add a ball a few times, and several loops with the upper right flipper. I wasn't able to hit much with the left upper flipper. Combos were fun but so fast that the ball was hard to follow. And the ball takes unexpected turns on the wacky wireforms. Lots of shots went up the middle and hit posts next to the ramps. The shaker did not fire very often -- set at a conservative level? Sounds were fun and not annoying.

#470 17 days ago

Are others seeing consistent airballs from the upper right ramp, specifically when hitting it off to the right? Machine is so consistent it could be a shot of its own, and I'd presume all machines are looking at it, but checking. Here's what I'm 98% sure is happening.

PXL_20240411_224150316 (resized).jpgPXL_20240411_224150316 (resized).jpg

The ramp flap doesn't cover the whole ramp, and there's just enough gap between it and the carrot target to fit the ball in there. When you hit that spot the ball hits the sharp angle between RP and playfield rather than being smoothed by the flap, and that sharp angle launches the ball upwards.

So far stuck balls have been minimal, but it makes me anxious because there are a bunch of exposed optos on the ramps. Only a matter of time before I take one out. I thought about making 3d printed wedge to go under the flap and extend over to smooth the angle out?

#471 16 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Are others seeing consistent airballs from the upper right ramp, specifically when hitting it off to the right? Machine is so consistent it could be a shot of its own, and I'd presume all machines are looking at it, but checking. Here's what I'm 98% sure is happening.
[quoted image]
The ramp flap doesn't cover the whole ramp, and there's just enough gap between it and the carrot target to fit the ball in there. When you hit that spot the ball hits the sharp angle between RP and playfield rather than being smoothed by the flap, and that sharp angle launches the ball upwards.
So far stuck balls have been minimal, but it makes me anxious because there are a bunch of exposed optos on the ramps. Only a matter of time before I take one out. I thought about making 3d printed wedge to go under the flap and extend over to smooth the angle out?

Could 1-2 small washers under the ramp to lift work. May need a longer screw but maybe not

IMG_4149 (resized).jpegIMG_4149 (resized).jpeg
#472 16 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am on the latest code update from post MGC.

Quoted from Ollulanus:

[quoted image]

Same, it's a sweet ramp that lands in the back loops. I just figured it's a feature lol

#473 16 days ago

Man, I am really loving this game. I plan to do a game play video but it won't be as good as all the streamers. I am a horrible player. There are so many shots and ball paths. Very unique layout! I love Scooby but it is now number 2 but it definitely isn't going anywhere!

#474 16 days ago

Same, it's a sweet ramp that lands in the back loops. I just figured it's a feature lol

Yeah, if it was at home I wouldn't worry that much. On location every stuck ball disappoints a bunch of people who stop by to check it out. Taz has caught it a few times, which is fun lol. And on the bright side it does have bally style ball search, where it will just kick an extra ball out if it searches enough without finding a missing ball. 7 balls gives ya some spare room, lol.

SpookyLuke are those standard bally/Williams optos on the ramp looks like? I think I have one left on hand should one get taken out at least.

#475 14 days ago

Man, LT is freaking fantastic! Sorry for the horrible game play but dang it is fun! All of you waiting, it will be worth it!

#476 13 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Yeah, if it was at home I wouldn't worry that much. On location every stuck ball disappoints a bunch of people who stop by to check it out. Taz has caught it a few times, which is fun lol. And on the bright side it does have bally style ball search, where it will just kick an extra ball out if it searches enough without finding a missing ball. 7 balls gives ya some spare room, lol.
SpookyLuke are those standard bally/Williams optos on the ramp looks like? I think I have one left on hand should one get taken out at least.

Yeah we get them from pinballife!

#477 13 days ago

Man, LT is freaking fantastic! Sorry for the horrible game play but dang it is fun! All of you waiting, it will be worth it!

Do you have your game set at 6.5 pitch? There seem to be a lot of lower left ramp shot rejects.

Luke/Eric - Robin Hood Daffy really needs some “Yikes and away!” / crash sound bites. Maybe not on every leap but that’s one of the best parts of the short. Maybe do the main trio shot with audio once per mode?

#478 13 days ago

According to the phone app it was 6.5 but I just checked it yesterday with a digital level and it was 7. I tweaked it yesterday and landed at around 6.2-6.3. Most of those rejected were bad hits. I am not a good player and my shots are off. I don't feel cheated when I have a reject. It's normally because I genuinely missed it.

Quoted from jfh:

Do you have your game set at 6.5 pitch? There seem to be a lot of lower left ramp shot rejects.

Luke/Eric - Robin Hood Daffy really needs some “Yikes and away!” / crash sound bites. Maybe not on every leap but that’s one of the best parts of the short. Maybe do the main trio shot with audio once per mode?

#479 13 days ago

Most of those rejected were bad hits.

Not sure I agree with that. A number of those shots looked straight and true and seemed like the ramp was too steep or the flipper was too weak. And don’t keep ragging on yourself as a player. I’m sure there are far more players who can relate to your game play than that of those that blow the game up with one ball.

#480 13 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

For sure. That's my favorite episode...period. It's a bit challenging with it being the background loop, but we'll figure it out. I most certainly have the callouts recorded.

#481 13 days ago

Well, I did find a issue with my setup. Make sure you use a actual digital level and not a phone app. When I shot the video of the game play I had it set with phone at 6.5. I checked yesterday with digital level and it was 7.

I talked to Morgan and she suggested to set the game at 6.25. I ended up setting it where my level bounced between 6.2-6.3 on my digital level and holy crap, it made a big difference in being able to hit the shots better. Not saying it made me good but I have been hitting the ramps a lot cleaner. I highly suggest setting Looney Tunes at 6.2-6.3.

I will try to do another video discussing it and playing more. I have put about 8 games on it since I releveled.

Quoted from jfh:

Not sure I agree with that. A number of those shots looked straight and true and seemed like the ramp was too steep or the flipper was too weak. And don’t keep ragging on yourself as a player. I’m sure there are far more players who can relate to your game play than that of those that blow the game up with one ball.

#482 12 days ago

I'm getting ready for my delivery...which is probably 4 months away.

Robert

20240415_143812~2 (resized).jpg20240415_143812~2 (resized).jpg

#483 12 days ago

Make sure you use a actual digital level and not a phone app.

Absolutely. Even an old school bubble level is better than a phone app. And for those that have never done it before - take the glass off and measure on the playfield itself.

#484 11 days ago

Last video for a while but I figured I would show how to update code and also leveling. Also a little more game play.

#485 11 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I will warn you that the “lift game, kick pallet, place stool” move is nowhere near as easy in real life as Chris makes it look

I had to watch this. Either this game is much lighter than usual or I'm getting old and weak. Yeah I know the answer....don't tell me.

#486 11 days ago

It's all about technique! Hahaha

Quoted from insight75:

I had to watch this. Either this game is much lighter than usual or I'm getting old and weak. Yeah I know the answer....don't tell me.

#487 11 days ago

I'll be streaming NEW CODE tonight at 7PM Central!! Since my last LT stream we have added THREE MODES to the game, we'll be diving into all those details on tonight's stream! Come check it out! https://www.twitch.tv/bugs_scream_n_stream

Gossamer (resized).jpgGossamer (resized).jpg
#488 11 days ago

I need me some of those Spooky rugs!

Quoted from SpookyBug:

I'll be streaming NEW CODE tonight at 7PM Central!! Since my last LT stream we have added THREE MODES to the game, we'll be diving into all those details on tonight's stream! Come check it out! https://www.twitch.tv/bugs_scream_n_stream
[quoted image]

#489 10 days ago

Can someone post a pic of their main board under the playfield. Wanna check that we got the cat5 from the servo board in the right spot. Or does it matter?

#490 10 days ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Can someone post a pic of their main board under the playfield. Wanna check that we got the cat5 from the servo board in the right spot. Or does it matter?

If you check out the game page on here, I uploaded a ton of underplayfield pictures if that helps. They are listed under shop images.

#491 10 days ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Hey everyone!

Will there be an option to adjust the amount of sound effects like when you hit slings or targets etc?

#492 9 days ago

@lpeters82, during the stream, Bug added a stick of dynamite to the action items. I noticed it was spelled “dynomite” with an “o”. Was the substitution of the “a” for the “o” intentional?

#493 9 days ago

CODE UPDATE - Looney Tunes v2024.04.19.10

Help rescue Porky in our most recent code update, featuring the new episode 'Scaredy Cat". The code is now available on our website at: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#494 9 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

@lpeters82, during the stream, Bug added a stick of dynamite to the action items. I noticed it was spelled “dynomite” with an “o”. Was the substitution of the “a” for the “o” intentional?

If my inability to spell is intentional, then yes. Otherwise, no.

#495 9 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If my inability to spell is intentional, then yes. Otherwise, no.

How about your ability to channel J.J. Walker?

#496 9 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

How about your ability to channel J.J. Walker?

Dyn-o-mite!!!

#497 9 days ago

Oh, I forgot to include that we added some "yoinks and away" to the release notes.

#498 9 days ago

Anyone have a solution for glare off the lcd display from the trough lights? I’m tall and the trough lights are reflecting off the glass and messing up the picture for me. My kids and shorter wife don’t have this problem.

You can see the two lines of LEDs in the bottom of the attached photos

IMG_2116 (resized).jpegIMG_2116 (resized).jpeg
#499 9 days ago

I put

Anyone have a solution for glare off the lcd display from the trough lights? I’m tall and the trough lights are reflecting off the glass and messing up the picture for me. My kids and shorter wife don’t have this problem.
You can see the two lines of LEDs in the bottom of the attached photos [quoted image]

I put invisaglass

#500 9 days ago
Quoted from OwenKhan:

Hope these help. The little servo expander board goes to the bottom left side Ethernet port.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Vienna, VA
10,500 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lisle, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 549 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-doc-its-the-looney-tunes-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.