IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 549.
#27251 22 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So who do you all think makes the best pop bumper saucer mod? Was looking at this one https://lordofthegameroom.com/ anyone have this on there game yet? Dose it block the line of sight of the scoop to the left of it? Can’t tell from the pics.

I think the Stumblor Lolly UFO is the one to have. Have been on waiting list for a month and probably be another 6 until order is filled. Initially I did not think it was worth the cost until I watched the video on their website. You can get the UFO only or the full kit with RGB postlights and backbox Zilla Breath. Ordered the Tokyo Sign and the power splitter + board too. Hopefully all will arrive and installed by Christmas.

#27252 22 days ago
Quoted from Bill6271:

I think the Stumblor Lolly UFO is the one to have. Have been on waiting list for a month and probably be another 6 until order is filled. Initially I did not think it was worth the cost until I watched the video on their website. You can get the UFO only or the full kit with RGB postlights and backbox Zilla Breath. Ordered the Tokyo Sign and the power splitter + board too. Hopefully all will arrive and installed by Christmas.

Agree, this is the best

#27253 22 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

What level did you find to be the correct setting?

not sure, just lower in increments until it works well.

#27255 21 days ago

That’s pretty cool.
The guy I bought my pro from added one of these. The LEDs in the swirl change and it’s pretty neat and the elevation opens up the playfield nicely, but the saucer is not a match (this was made for buck hunter). It’s okay, but I might switch to the Art of Pinball one. Hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions…

E8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpegE8926C7A-0B80-451C-BFC6-B6F8BA766F07 (resized).jpeg
#27256 21 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So who do you all think makes the best pop bumper saucer mod? Was looking at this one https://lordofthegameroom.com/ anyone have this on there game yet? Dose it block the line of sight of the scoop to the left of it? Can’t tell from the pics.

Here's a 3-sync'd set of saucers from Lord of the Gameroom. 2 on the playfield & 1 on the topper. All light/flash same colors together. The beginning of Destruction Jackpot is epic. Installed over a year ago, No issues ever.
Also take a look at their Oxygen Destroyer mod for the right flasher. Instant upgrade to a generic light.
pinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpgpinside.66273470719090863a8972d23c0880d26136302f (resized).jpg
https://lordofthegameroom.com/collections/godzilla-stern-2021

#27257 20 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

That’s pretty cool.
The guy I bought my pro from added one of these. The LEDs in the swirl change and it’s pretty neat and the elevation opens up the playfield nicely, but the saucer is not a match (this was made for buck hunter). It’s okay, but I might switch to the Art of Pinball one. Hmmmmm. Decisions, decisions…
[quoted image]

It’s actually this saucer found at: https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1362-gov-s-mods/05578-godzilla-ufo-pop-bumper-mod

Quoted from zahner:

That’s pretty cool.
[quoted image]

4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg4A684A67-61F1-4FF0-8236-BF6E38F58AE9 (resized).jpeg
#27258 20 days ago

Saucers... I love how lord of the gameroom did 3. that's cool
Love stumblor mods but maybe the lolly UFO is a bit much.
for $35, you can't beat Sleal16's UFO. Pair it with a clear skirt, but white base (lot of people do clear base, but IMO use white to reflect the internal leds back up
hopefully he does another run soon. best bang for the buck in godzilla IMO

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1363-cheko-s-shop/07719-godzilla-xilien-pop-bumper-ufo

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27259 20 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I'm still waiting on my number to get called for the stumblor version

#27260 20 days ago

if u arent afraid of solder def get the transparent skirt and bumper kit:

IMG_5052 (resized).jpegIMG_5052 (resized).jpeg
#27261 20 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Saucers... I love how lord of the gameroom did 3. that's cool
Love stumblor mods but maybe the lolly UFO is a bit much.
for $35, you can't beat Sleal16's UFO. Pair it with a clear skirt, but white base (lot of people do clear base, but IMO use white to reflect the internal leds back up
hopefully he does another run soon. best bang for the buck in godzilla IMO
https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1363-cheko-s-shop/07719-godzilla-xilien-pop-bumper-ufo[quoted image]

+1 for Sleal16’s UFO, great price for an excellent mod.

IMG_0307 (resized).jpegIMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
#27262 20 days ago

my new shooter rod and plate graphic.

IMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpg
#27263 20 days ago
Quoted from toofast:

In any case, I searched the forums and found no other examples of this problem so I thought I'd share in case it might help others...

Finally joined the club! Not sure how common this has been with others but here is one more case. All 3 welds are broken and magnet spins freely. 1,110 plays on a pro.

Screenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240408-172718 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240408-172819 (resized).png
#27264 20 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

+1 for Sleal16’s UFO, great price for an excellent mod. [quoted image]

YUP, toss in the clear body and skirt and this pop bumper is the tits!!

#27265 20 days ago

The Raiden mods ufo is my favorite. Good middle ground between the lower cost options and the crazy expensive Lolly, and imo looks the best of any. Agreed on clear skirt too.

#27266 20 days ago

Nope, different games. Different game play in my opinion. If you have the money and bills are paid, and it brings you joy, go for it. Try to play it before you buy it because once you are married to it, it may be hard to get rid of it if you don't like it anymore .

Quoted from Mully911:

If I put a Medieval Madness SE next to my Godzilla SE, do you think the shots and play will be too similar to really justify the cost?

#27267 20 days ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Finally joined the club! Not sure how common this has been with others but here is one more case. All 3 welds are broken and magnet spins freely. 1,110 plays on a pro.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's crazy. A little JB Weld will fix that until Stern can warranty replace it

#27268 20 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

i find lebowski and medieval madness to be similar, where godzilla and iron maiden are (obv) similar.
gz is a way diff game, even if shots are similar, to mm.

Screenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240408_215256_Gallery (resized).jpg
#27269 20 days ago
Quoted from ktm450:

+1 for Sleal16’s UFO, great price for an excellent mod. [quoted image]

I’ve had trouble with mine staying on after a time. This attaches by twisting the ufo over the bumper screws right? My wiggles off after a while, any tricks to keep it on?

#27270 20 days ago
Quoted from Nds777:

I’m a big fan of the “bent plastic” glare guards. I know people think they get in the way or they’re ugly but I don’t notice them after installation and they make a huge difference in the back of the playfield.

I keep on hoping that they'll make a Bent Plastic that comes out an additional foot to account for the LCD screen... I know it'll look janky from the side, but it would certainly be functional for the player...

#27271 20 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

I’ve had trouble with mine staying on after a time. This attaches by twisting the ufo over the bumper screws right? My wiggles off after a while, any tricks to keep it on?

Never had that happen. Maybe reach out to Sergio I'm sure he can help..

#27272 20 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

So I did a lot of research into this and I pulled my hair out trying to adjust the building ( with the washer fix) to try and get the angle correct to fix this issue. But at the end of the day even with the washer fix it would still miss half the time. But the one thing that worked 100% for me was to turn down the power to the vuk, because I noticed that the power was so high it would not make the smooth transition forward into the building. Once I turned the power down to the correct setting the VUK worked all the time flawlessly.

Thank you very much. I have turned the power down, and it seems to have improved. Still getting some failures, but will play with the numbers to see if I can get it better.

#27273 19 days ago
Quoted from daley:

Thank you very much. I have turned the power down, and it seems to have improved. Still getting some failures, but will play with the numbers to see if I can get it better.

I'm glad it helped. I don't think it is a perfect fix but definitely helps. I first tried the washer fix and it helped a little bit but didn't fix it completely. Both the washer fix and turning down the VUK power is what fixed it almost completely for me.

#27274 19 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

I'm glad it helped. I don't think it is a perfect fix but definitely helps. I first tried the washer fix and it helped a little bit but didn't fix it completely. Both the washer fix and turning down the VUK power is what fixed it almost completely for me.

I lowered my pitch just a smidge. That seemed to help quite a bit for me.

#27275 19 days ago

Some quick searching makes it look like building opto problems are fairly common on this game. Figured I'd drop this here in case it helps anyone. A client's building wasn't registering hits. Gee, wonder why...Q1 and C2 completely fell off the receiver board. I generally don't like potting, but Stern really should pot the boards that are subject to vibration like this. I'll be doing my own potting with silicone when I reinstall a new opto.

gdz opto receiver (resized).jpggdz opto receiver (resized).jpg

#27276 19 days ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Some quick searching makes it look like building opto problems are fairly common on this game. Figured I'd drop this here in case it helps anyone. A client's building wasn't registering hits. Gee, wonder why...Q1 and Q2 completely fell off the receiver board. I generally don't like potting, but Stern really should pot the boards that are subject to vibration like this. I'll be doing my own potting with silicone when I reinstall a new opto.
[quoted image]

Wow!

#27277 19 days ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Some quick searching makes it look like building opto problems are fairly common on this game. Figured I'd drop this here in case it helps anyone. A client's building wasn't registering hits. Gee, wonder why...Q1 and Q2 completely fell off the receiver board. I generally don't like potting, but Stern really should pot the boards that are subject to vibration like this. I'll be doing my own potting with silicone when I reinstall a new opto.
[quoted image]

I am a newb, so what is "potting"?

#27278 19 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I am a newb, so what is "potting"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potting_(electronics)

You basically coat the PCB with a compound, such as silicone or epoxy, to cement the parts in place.

#27279 19 days ago

Potting is a non conductive rubber-like compound that covers the parts and helps prevent vibration that causes stress cracking in solder joints. The number One thing the building optos need is not to have the tesla standups beat back into them and THAT is what is really causing the problem, AND they found they had a bad batch of standup brackets that were softer than required, and are sending out replacements if you ask for them after your second set of optos. My direct experience on my Optos, but the opto leg solder joints had been cleaved almost to the pad with a pair of industrial dykes causing the joint to fail with minor vibration, and reflowing these joints, reworking the standups, and I am almost at 1800 games, no problems.

#27280 19 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The number One thing the building optos need is not to have the tesla standups beat back into them and THAT is what is really causing the problem, AND they found they had a bad batch of standup brackets that were softer than required, and are sending out replacements if you ask for them after your second set of optos.

Thanks for this info. I'll make sure I check the stand ups when I go back to install the new opto.

#27281 18 days ago
Quoted from daley:

New to the club, got myself a NIB Godzilla Premium. The building upkicker is not making it up to the lock a lot of the time. Any common adjustments to make to get this more consistent? Thank you.

Common problem. In my game, the ball made it up there but would bounce back to the upkicker and get re-kicked. I tried various upkicker power settings but couldn't totally eliminate the problem via settings. I finally eliminated the problem 100% by... don't laugh... taping a piece of polypropylene plastic in the landing zone. It's not visible unless you get in there with a camera.

IMG_7006.jpgIMG_7006.jpg

#27282 18 days ago

Thank you so much for referencing this. I am having the exact same issue. I will give this a go and will report back!

#27283 17 days ago

sometimes my skill shot through the left upper flipper doesn't register. I noticed today that the ball can fit past the flipper without triggering the switch if it has just the right amount of power. that sucks

IMG_1444 (resized).jpgIMG_1444 (resized).jpg
#27284 17 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

sometimes my skill shot through the left upper flipper doesn't register. I noticed today that the ball can fit past the flipper without triggering the switch if it has just the right amount of power. that sucks
[quoted image]

I am so glad you posted this with a picture. I wondered why sometimes it did not register during tank attack.

#27285 17 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Like VisitorQ I too have had all three from either LE (Stern) or CE (JJP) shipping with the game. I have personally taken them out and sold them to use Voodoo. For me, it works best in my two gameroom locations, no window dark room, and overflow into a room which has windows covering two walls along with modern ceiling lighting.
I have zero reflection and clearsite of all action. I also really like the extra effort in showing a lab analysis done.
[quoted image]

For the people going to pinfest Ivan has I glass $120 per sheet or 5 pack bundle for $500!

#27286 17 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

I had this happen too. Bought a gate MRS from Sonic at M&M Creations like on this post to replace the gate and problem fixed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/299#post-7145836

#27287 17 days ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I had this happen too. Bought a gate MRS from Sonic at M&M Creations like on this post to replace the gate and problem fixed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/299#post-7145836

thanks for this info.

#27288 17 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

It doesn't have to trigger that switch to award the skill shot. That gate OR the spinner will award the skill shot.

You can solve your problem by adjusting the switch on the spinner. Close the gap slightly so that a ball can't get by without triggering the spinner switch.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/197#post-6883887

#27289 16 days ago

A skill shot related question: sometimes the skill shot light is not blinking when a ball is in the shooter lane. If I hit the skill shot, it doesn’t award anything. This is odd because the next ball that gets loaded might have skill shot blinking and ready. I haven’t been able to determine a cause. Any ideas?

#27290 16 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

A skill shot related question: sometimes the skill shot light is not blinking when a ball is in the shooter lane. If I hit the skill shot, it doesn’t award anything. This is odd because the next ball that gets loaded might have skill shot blinking and ready. I haven’t been able to determine a cause. Any ideas?

Sounds like it could be a premature switch hit disabling the skill shots. Observe the score at the end of ball beginning of next. Or, keep flappin the flippers to see if score changes.

#27291 16 days ago

Is it after terror of mechagodzilla? That's a time a ball is sent to the shooter lane but there isn't a skill shot

#27292 16 days ago

I just noticed this as well. Was kind of messing with my head. I also noticed the scoop lights weren’t blinking when I clearly had an Upgrade and Battle lit. Turns out that was because Tank Multiball was ready

#27293 13 days ago

Not sure if I have seen yellow t-molding on GZ. Was planning to do black on all my pins...
But I wound up getting TMNT and wanted to do a ZY wall. I changed TMNT from red(yuck) to green, and FF was red, so I thought I'd try yellow (left over from IMDN) on godzilla. Looks great IMO.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#27295 13 days ago
Quoted from tscottn:

[quoted image]

My solution (s)

A: spring from a pen
B: created a wire gate that cover the gap.
IMG_2538 (resized).jpegIMG_2538 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpegIMG_2601 (resized).jpeg

#27296 13 days ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

My solution (s)

Human ingenutiy to the rescue!!

#27297 12 days ago

Went to PinBrew and picked up two sheets of Voodoo glass for my Godzilla and Monster Bash remake. Anyone ever sell the original glass?

#27298 12 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Went to PinBrew and picked up two sheets of Voodoo glass for my Godzilla and Monster Bash remake. Anyone ever sell the original glass?

Keep it so when you trade the game you keep your voodoo.

#27299 12 days ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

My solution (s)

smart, but that spring looks like it could reject the ball from actually making it around the flipper if it hits the spring dead on. maybe bend the spring back some to be more inline with the actual ball lane?

#27300 12 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not sure if I have seen yellow t-molding on GZ. Was planning to do black on all my pins...
But I wound up getting TMNT and wanted to do a ZY wall. I changed TMNT from red(yuck) to green, and FF was red, so I thought I'd try yellow (left over from IMDN) on godzilla. Looks great IMO.
[quoted image]

Easy process to replace the T molding?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

There are 27,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/546 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.