IMG_0765 (resized).JPG
Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 544 of 549.
#27151 33 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Here is the picture I used from the manual to figure out where all the screws were supposed to be. And use blue locktight to keep the screw in place this time. Good Luck.
[quoted image]

Woah so is this why mine is popping out a little bit? The screw is loose? Dang!

#27152 32 days ago

So I am having the issue with the Stern Armor where the foil is losing color in a spot from the oil in my hands. I did search the thread a bit to find that replacement card stock can be ordered off Amazon but I was wondering how it attaches for the people who have replaced it? Also did anyone go with any other color than gold and do you have a picture you can post?

Thanks

ps. Is this a good replacement material?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L1M9GVF/ref=ewc_pr_img_1

20240327_083737 (resized).jpg20240327_083737 (resized).jpg
#27153 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So I am having the issue with the Stern Armor where the foil is losing color in a spot from the oil in my hands. I did search the thread a bit to find that replacement card stock can be ordered off Amazon but I was wondering how it attaches for the people who have replaced it? Also did anyone go with any other color than gold and do you have a picture you can post?
Thanks
ps. Is this a good replacement material?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L1M9GVF/ref=ewc_pr_img_1[quoted image]

That stuff will do just fine. I had my armor powder coated and had to remove the card stock. It's just held in place with a few pieces of double sided tape. Easy to remove. Amazon also has multi color packs if you want to play around with the different colors.

An afterthought: perhaps you could have the replacement cards laminated to prevent future wear? Hmmmm

#27154 32 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That stuff will do just fine. I had my armor powder coated and had to remove the card stock. It's just held in place with a few pieces of double sided tape. Easy to remove. Amazon also has multi color packs if you want to play around with the different colors.
An afterthought: perhaps you could have the replacement cards laminated to prevent future wear? Hmmmm

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

#27155 32 days ago

An afterthought: perhaps you could have the replacement cards laminated to prevent future wear?

I think a layer of mylar would protect it. And don't we all have mylar?

#27156 32 days ago
Quoted from Buckeye82:

I think a layer of mylar would protect it. And don't we all have mylar?

Excellent point!

#27157 32 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

And be careful about Precision's Halo flipper paddles: I know an operator who has had several of them break.

I believe that there was a design change to the halo flippers a while back. the cut-out section is a bit smaller, leaving more material on the flipper itself. on the original design, the [hole] extended further to the tip than on the current flippers that he sells

#27158 31 days ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I believe that there was a design change to the halo flippers a while back. the cut-out section is a bit smaller, leaving more material on the flipper itself. on the original design, the [hole] extended further to the tip than on the current flippers that he sells

Yeah, I saw a post in another thread and they were redesigned. I have them install on my EHOH, no issues at all and they make a BIG difference!

2024-01-09 19.28.42-1 (resized).jpg2024-01-09 19.28.42-1 (resized).jpg
#27159 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah, I saw a post in another thread and they were redesigned. I have them install on my EHOH, no issues at all and they make a BIG difference![quoted image]

That looks amazing with the gears and reels

#27160 31 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Thank You

I highly recommend them, I actually had to turn down the coils to the flippers after I installed them.

#27161 31 days ago

But now go and play on the flippers at your local pub... ready to flip those crappy Stern flippers yet? Having these on your machine makes playing on YOUR machine nice, but does this make you a better player or does this just prop up your high scores? I have never though we needed to go farther with "precision" than what we will have to eventually play on in tourney. Play on crappy flippers at home makes me good at crappy (and the most common) flippers in tournament. I don't need my scores propped up, I need consitancy and although looking to "make more precise" is a championable goal, I just don't see the NEED for them on my machines if the machines are preparing me for play on Standard Stern Flippers, WMS flippers, WPC era flippers, etc... for tournament play. You got a one machine collection, then make yourself happy, this may be your cup of tea. But I keep my machines pretty stock on the flipper side of things. Would you put these on a wedgehead?!?

#27162 31 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

But now go and play on the flippers at your local pub... ready to flip those crappy Stern flippers yet? Having these on your machine makes playing on YOUR machine nice, but does this make you a better player or does this just prop up your high scores? I have never though we needed to go farther with "precision" than what we will have to eventually play on in tourney. Play on crappy flippers at home makes me good at crappy (and the most common) flippers in tournament. I don't need my scores propped up, I need consitancy and although looking to "make more precise" is a championable goal, I just don't see the NEED for them on my machines if the machines are preparing me for play on Standard Stern Flippers, WMS flippers, WPC era flippers, etc... for tournament play. You got a one machine collection, then make yourself happy, this may be your cup of tea. But I keep my machines pretty stock on the flipper side of things. Would you put these on a wedgehead?!?

I don't think these flippers make me a better player at all, they just feel more responsive.

#27163 31 days ago

There is absolutely no need for them on Any Stern.

The over advertising and pushing of these “precision flippers” on EVERY thread is rather annoying.

Also applies to every mod that starts with the word “pin-“. Too many burner accounts trying to push these mods, it’s annoying.

Quoted from Bublehead:

I just don't see the NEED for them on my machines

#27164 31 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The over advertising and pushing of these “precision flippers” on EVERY thread is rather annoying.
Also applies to every mod that starts with the word “pin-“. Too many burner accounts trying to push these mods, it’s annoying.

I agree. They are not needed on Stern Pins, I just installed them on EHOH for esthetic.

#27165 31 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Who cares, pinball is fun. If it makes it more fun at your house, fill your boots! Not many people play in tourneys, or have location pinball anywhere near them.

Quoted from Apollo18:

Disagree a bit.
I have some. I really like them. I think they are grossly overpriced.
I think if one was to just buy the bushings, they are so precise, that would take the heat off the stern flippers literally. You can turn down the power a bit on them and get better lastability if playing several long games. I have seen from time to time flipper fade on sterns.

#27166 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I don't think these flippers make me a better player at all, they just feel more responsive.

I keep seeing random people say this. Explain to me how replacing the bats makes them feel more responsive? You aren't changing coils or any other mechs on the flipper assembly other than the bushing the pin goes through right? I think it's a mental thing, or a difference in how the ball sounds when it hits the flipper. (rubber+metal vs rubber+plastic). Plastic probably absorbs some of the energy and flexes vs the metal not flexing and returning the power.

But more responsive? Seems unlikely.

#27167 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I keep seeing random people say this. Explain to me how replacing the bats makes them feel more responsive? You aren't changing coils or any other mechs on the flipper assembly other than the bushing the pin goes through right? I think it's a mental thing, or a difference in how the ball sounds when it hits the flipper. (rubber+metal vs rubber+plastic). Plastic probably absorbs some of the energy and flexes vs the metal not flexing and returning the power.

I'm not sure if it is because they weight less or the combination of them with the Super Bands... Then again, I do have the metal bushings as well. Maybe your right, maybe they do not flex as much because they are metal?

I guess you just have to try a set for yourself and judge. I just know what my take away is when I play my EHOH with them installed.

#27168 31 days ago

Imagine being butthurt because other people like to modify their own games to their own tastes.

Anyway…

#27169 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm not sure if it is because they weight less or the combination of them with the Super Bands... Then again, I do have the metal bushings as well. Maybe your right, maybe they do not flex as much because they are metal?
I guess you just have to try a set for yourself and judge. I just know what my take away is when I play my EHOH with them installed.

It's gotta be the plastic flexing a bit. There is a definite different "feel" to the precision ones.

#27170 31 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

They do look good....
Reading all the comments regarding Precision Flippers reminds me of my childhood

Screenshot_20240328_084722_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240328_084722_Gallery (resized).jpg
#27171 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Every EHOH I’ve played has had the most stiff flippers in stern’s lineup. Almost like rocks clacking together. The aesthetic improvement plus some added responsiveness is a plus on that game in my book.

#27172 31 days ago

Since we're all sharing our opinions, I bought a set of precision flippers with bushings for my DP to try them out. Love the way they look, love the easy adjustment. They do indeed have a different feel to them that I neither like nor dislike. Just different. After playing on them for months, I'm leaving them installed on the game, but won't be buying more unless the price comes down a good bit.

#27173 31 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Thanks for that added info @flipperstick. Would mind sharing what values you found worked for each flipper? I have mine on stock setting so far.Thanks.

My game sits at 6.8

Upper Flipper: 147
Left Flipper: 221
Right Flipper:215

#27174 31 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Every EHOH I’ve played has had the most stiff flippers in stern’s lineup. Almost like rocks clacking together. The aesthetic improvement plus some added responsiveness is a plus on that game in my book.

I am very happy with them but I not about to replace them on all my games as they are $$$. They do go on sale though at least once a year, which is when I bought them but unfortunately that is around Christmas... A bit of a wait for anyone considering and wanting to grab them on sale.

#27175 31 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am very happy with them but I not about to replace them on all my games as they are $$$. They do go on sale though at least once a year, which is when I bought them but unfortunately that is around Christmas... A bit of a wait for anyone considering and wanting to grab them on sale.

On second thought I can’t blame the flippers for being stiff as usually I am too

#27176 31 days ago
Quoted from math08:

I assume this is for the Pro only?

The premium version of the Godzilla DMCS Animated, Interactive Backbox light kit is now available too!

The premium has similar effects as the pro version ( rising flames, streaming heatray, color cycling UFOS, etc ) and some specific updates for the premium. Since King Ghidorah is a main character on the premium version, the effects also highlight that as you will see. For more details, see the DMCS thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-dmcs-mods-xilien-saucer-heatray-diverter-burning-building

#27177 31 days ago

Odd few contributions lately, “ I don’t like what you like, so you shouldn’t like what I don’t like” And, “your reason for playing is not like mine so you’re doing it wrong”

Settle fellas; it’s just pinball.

#27178 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Assuming they are installed along with the replacement (metal) bushings, then the Precisions have almost zero slop between the shaft and bushing - this improves accuracy and I guess that could be interpreted as responsiveness.

#27179 30 days ago

Where did the road decal mod on the right ramp come from? I noticed it in some of the pictures but doesn't seem to be stock.

#27180 30 days ago

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/

They’re so good. No wear on mine which was my main concern when buying. I opted not to install the shooter lane one. So awesome had to order some for my new Maiden

#27181 29 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

They’re so good. No wear on mine which was my main concern when buying. I opted not to install the shooter lane one. So awesome had to order some for my new Maiden

Thank you for the link!

#27182 28 days ago

Does anyone know how to shut off the auto update feature?

#27183 28 days ago

You can restrict it to a time window, I put my TMNT to a 1-minute window at like 3 or 4am when it will never be on.

#27184 28 days ago

Since we're all sharing our opinions, I bought a set of precision flippers with bushings for my DP to try them out. Love the way they look, love the easy adjustment. They do indeed have a different feel to them that I neither like nor dislike. Just different. After playing on them for months, I'm leaving them installed on the game, but won't be buying more unless the price comes down a good bit.

I think they are worth the money for my spooky games, but haven’t felt the need to put them on a stern.

#27185 28 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

You can restrict it to a time window, I put my TMNT to a 1-minute window at like 3 or 4am when it will never be on.

I hadn't updated since 1.3, then I did. Before the update you had the option of not automatically updating. I guess that's gone now?

#27186 28 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Hi are these magnetic if they have adhesive they might be a pain to remove if needed? What do you think?

#27187 28 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Does anyone know how to shut off the auto update feature?

It's under the network settings.

#27188 28 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Hi are these magnetic if they have adhesive they might be a pain to remove if needed? What do you think?

They are not magnetic. No trouble removing the stickers. Any residue is handled easily by a bottle of Goo Gone.

#27189 28 days ago
Quoted from Mully911:

What CapeCod said. They’re adhesive, and in my experience after a week I decided I did not want the shooter lane one, so I removed it with no issues. Seems to be high quality stuff, I wouldn’t worry about residue too tough to clean.

#27190 28 days ago

Anyone know how to adjust the shield ramp/spinner? Mine is clearly not aligned properly.

IMG_5829 (resized).jpegIMG_5829 (resized).jpegIMG_5830 (resized).jpegIMG_5830 (resized).jpegIMG_5833 (resized).jpegIMG_5833 (resized).jpeg

#27191 28 days ago

So I am getting a brand new Godzilla Premium next week and I was curious about what 'must have' mods you guys would recommend? I am going to be installing art blades, shaker motor, and the Godzilla shooter knob, but I haven't decided on anything past that.

#27193 28 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

So I am getting a brand new Godzilla Premium next week and I was curious about what 'must have' mods you guys would recommend? I am going to be installing art blades, shaker motor, and the Godzilla shooter knob, but I haven't decided on anything past that.

Get you a sheet of Voodoo glass

https://cointaker.com/products/voodoo-glass-1-piece
stumblor has great Mods

https://stumblorpinball.com/collections/godzilla-mods-by-stumblor-pinball

Here is a great topper

https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-b1-owl

Contact Spiderpin for his full plastic protector set.

#27194 27 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Get you a sheet of Voodoo glass
https://cointaker.com/products/voodoo-glass-1-piece
stumblor has great Mods
https://stumblorpinball.com/collections/godzilla-mods-by-stumblor-pinball
Here is a great topper
https://www.teppinball.com/store/p/gz-b1-owl
Contact Spiderpin for his full plastic protector set.

How does Voodoo matchup against the Stern HD? It’s not much cheaper.

#27195 27 days ago

They are very, very similar and I think there's a thread somewhere that does a full comparison. I have the invisi glass on all my machines and recommend it.

#27196 27 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

The Voodoo glass is better. I have both and Invisi, the Stern HD glass is the worst of the 3.

#27197 27 days ago
Quoted from Stormfront:

One of the best bangs for your buck is the Pinmonk fan replacement for the loud, crappy stock Stern Fan. depending on your individual pin, you may want the metal shooter lane skill shot fix if you can't reliably hit your skillshots. If money is no concern, get on Stumblor's list for all his great mods. It's an investment but a huge upgrade over stock. I agree on the plastic protectors. Decals are personal preference. I like the road decals for the shooter lane and rigt ramp as well as filpper bat covers. Invisiglass or equivalent is a great upgrade. Switch out the balls on day 1. Some will say the flipper coils then also.

#27198 27 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Like VisitorQ I too have had all three from either LE (Stern) or CE (JJP) shipping with the game. I have personally taken them out and sold them to use Voodoo. For me, it works best in my two gameroom locations, no window dark room, and overflow into a room which has windows covering two walls along with modern ceiling lighting.

I have zero reflection and clearsite of all action. I also really like the extra effort in showing a lab analysis done.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#27199 27 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Like VisitorQ I too have had all three from either LE (Stern) or CE (JJP) shipping with the game. I have personally taken them out and sold them to use Voodoo. For me, it works best in my two gameroom locations, no window dark room, and overflow into a room which has windows covering two walls along with modern ceiling lighting.
I have zero reflection and clearsite of all action. I also really like the extra effort in showing a lab analysis done.
[quoted image]

Well shit, I might as well try out a Voodoo on my new pin next to the one with Stern HD. Thanks for the info fellas

#27200 27 days ago

If I put a Medieval Madness SE next to my Godzilla SE, do you think the shots and play will be too similar to really justify the cost?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

11,990 (Firm)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waco, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 27,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 544 of 549.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/544 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.