IMG_2649.jpg
IMG_2650.jpg
Screenshot_20240422-160224-386 (resized).png
IMG_2639.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 000700.png
Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.
#1151 4 months ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Mine is tough. The upper flipper mech touches something on the way up. If I try to do it with game on it resets. I have to lift and try to pull out a little for the clearance. But if yours isn’t moving at all maybe the lock isn’t clearing out.

Appreciate hearing your experience! I'll give it another shot and see what happens/

#1152 4 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Been away for a few days. Thanks so much for the picture! Appreciate you taking the time on this. I'll be careful when I try to remove it - first time since owning it. Wanted to change out the batteries.

No problem - if you need other pictures, just let me know.

Good luck.

#1153 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

No problem - if you need other pictures, just let me know.
Good luck.

I was able to remove after some effort trying to get it lifted enough to remove. Thanks!

#1154 4 months ago

Anyone know if this backboard mod can be purchased somewhere still?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1226-game-room-info-shop/04277-nba-fastbreak-backboard-mod

#1155 4 months ago

Contact taylor34 as he made them.

#1156 3 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Contact taylor34 as he made them.

Thanks! I shot him a quick message and he said he doesn't have any of these backboards available and may or may not make more in the future.

If anyone has one of these backboard mods for the shot clock and doesn't need it or want it anymore, I'd be interested in buying it off of you. Lemme know. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#1157 3 months ago

Are PIN2DMD colorization files done and available for NBA Fastbreak? Who has them and how do I get (or purchase) a set? I don't see mention of it on the VPUniverse forum.

#1158 3 months ago

I literally just got Fastbreak color pin2dmd files from president on vpu yesterday. Contact him for files

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/6749-nba-fastbreak-wip

#1159 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Are PIN2DMD colorization files done and available for NBA Fastbreak? Who has them and how do I get (or purchase) a set? I don't see mention of it on the VPUniverse forum.

What's better PIN2DMD or ColorDMD?

#1160 3 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What's better PIN2DMD or ColorDMD?

ColorDMD is better in every category except price.

Actually, it’s a taller unit too and I’m not sure how well that would fit under the Fastbreak backbox insert game. Seems like it would make an already challenging translite to get out even more difficult.

#1161 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Actually, it’s a taller unit too and I’m not sure how well that would fit under the Fastbreak backbox insert game. Seems like it would make an already challenging translite to get out even more difficult.

I went with colordmd LED not LCD on this game, fits perfectly

#1162 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I'd have to disagree as you can also color your own files with the editor and technically you can just build the unit if thats your thing. You can customize games that don't have color dmd available and you can also retheme dmd games this way. Obviously this won't be for everybody but nice for those who want to create content or make a custom pin. I am into virtual pinball so I was quite comfortable with pin2dmd by the time I started collecting. That's not to say colordmd isn't great too just different strokes.

#1163 3 months ago
Quoted from themotherbrain:

I'd have to disagree as you can also color your own files with the editor and technically you can just build the unit if thats your thing. You can customize games that don't have color dmd available and you can also retheme dmd games this way. Obviously this won't be for everybody but nice for those who want to create content or make a custom pin. I am into virtual pinball so I was quite comfortable with pin2dmd by the time I started collecting. That's not to say colordmd isn't great too just different strokes.

I have a pin2dmd that doesn’t have a flash card. Are you able to help me get it working?

#1164 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

The fastbreak backbox tub is the same size as any other wpc95 tub. The "backbox game" just adds a flipper mech to the depth on the back of the tub and doesn't interfere with anything. Either LCD or LED ColorDMD would be fine. Agree on better in every category statement. So true.

#1165 3 months ago
Quoted from DK:

I have a pin2dmd that doesn’t have a flash card. Are you able to help me get it working?

Sure send me a pm when you are ready to give it a go

#1166 3 months ago

I got a new hoops ramp as my basket was pretty cracked up. I need to remove the hoop protector as well as moving over the reed switches that are underneath. I understand I need to drill out the rivets, just not sure what the best way to do that is? Not looking to mangle my existing ramp as it's still useable and a decent spare.

Oh, and I would then need to rivet back in the reed switches to the new ramp. What size rivets does this take and where do I get them from? The hoop protector came with tiny nuts I can use to reinstall it if I can't figure the rivets out for that portion.

#1167 3 months ago

As long as you use a sharp bit, the rivets will come right out. As for the reinstall, the kit comes with nice Allen screws, I didn't bother riveting it, you will never notice. If you really want to rivet it back on, there is a pinball press rivet kit you can buy, I forgot where I got it, but with a little practice it's not too hard.
But you will need some kinda hard bench mounted vise to hammer on.

#1168 3 months ago
Quoted from jcar302:

As long as you use a sharp bit, the rivets will come right out. As for the reinstall, the kit comes with nice Allen screws, I didn't bother riveting it, you will never notice. If you really want to rivet it back on, there is a pinball press rivet kit you can buy, I forgot where I got it, but with a little practice it's not too hard.
But you will need some kinda hard bench mounted vise to hammer on.

Did you get tiny screws for the reed switches too? I didn't see those in there, but maybe I missed them amongst all the packaging peanuts...

#1169 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Did you get tiny screws for the reed switches too? I didn't see those in there, but maybe I missed them amongst all the packaging peanuts...

Another option is to replace the existing MRS with one of our ramp MRS - which are smaller/lighter and simply adhere to the ramp....plug/play...

Matt

#1170 3 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Another option is to replace the existing MRS with one of our ramp MRS - which are smaller/lighter and simply adhere to the ramp....plug/play...
Matt

You have a product page with info and prices?

#1171 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

You have a product page with info and prices?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Shoot me PM to order.... We support the legacy MRS'... As in your NBAFB.... And make new versions.....

Matt

1 week later
#1172 85 days ago

Hey NBA Fans,

I came across a problem I cannot solve. So I have 2 NBA FBs linked up. I decided to do a quick shop job on them both this weekend. After which, I played a few games on each.

I noticed that it takes a different number of Jet Bumper hits to activate the Power Point modes for each pin. For example, one of them only needs 20 to start Hook Shot, while the other one takes 40 bumper hits. So I went into their respective menus to see if I could set them on the same. Easiest thing to do was set them both on Easy Preset and see what happens. But even after both were set on the same preset, the number of bumper hits were still different.

I looked at the manual and here is what it says:

"ln order to compensate for game-to-game variation in Jet Bumper response, the award levels are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits made per game played. The minimum average number of Jet Bumper hits is five. The first Power Points award is always given at 1% of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game. All Power Points awards following the first are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. The start of Power Hoops modes are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. "

So does this mean if I have longer games on one of them (and hence more pop bumper hits) it will take longer to move through the Power Point modes? I feel like I should have the ability to adjust it. I have no idea how this will affect head 2 head game play.

I did consider doing a factory reset to bring the number back down to 5, but then I would lose all my rings/scores. Plus eventually it will get to the same point as it is now as I tend to favor one of them more than the other.

Any advice?

#1173 85 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Hey NBA Fans,
I came across a problem I cannot solve. So I have 2 NBA FBs linked up. I decided to do a quick shop job on them both this weekend. After which, I played a few games on each.
I noticed that it takes a different number of Jet Bumper hits to activate the Power Point modes for each pin. For example, one of them only needs 20 to start Hook Shot, while the other one takes 40 bumper hits. So I went into their respective menus to see if I could set them on the same. Easiest thing to do was set them both on Easy Preset and see what happens. But even after both were set on the same preset, the number of bumper hits were still different.
I looked at the manual and here is what it says:
"ln order to compensate for game-to-game variation in Jet Bumper response, the award levels are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits made per game played. The minimum average number of Jet Bumper hits is five. The first Power Points award is always given at 1% of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game. All Power Points awards following the first are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. The start of Power Hoops modes are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. "
So does this mean if I have longer games on one of them (and hence more pop bumper hits) it will take longer to move through the Power Point modes? I feel like I should have the ability to adjust it. I have no idea how this will affect head 2 head game play.
I did consider doing a factory reset to bring the number back down to 5, but then I would lose all my rings/scores. Plus eventually it will get to the same point as it is now as I tend to favor one of them more than the other.
Any advice?

Just a thought but if I'm reading that right, the "variation in Jet Bumper resposne" jumps out at me. Since you have two games I would expect the games to be out of sync if (probably) even one of the pop switches was less sensitive than the other game. Maybe pull the glass on both games and roll a ball around in the pops and compare the reaction. Another thing, are all of the wafers not chipped? A chipped wafer can reduce switch sensitivity. Again just a thought.

#1174 85 days ago

I noticed that it takes a different number of Jet Bumper hits to activate the P

Go to setting. Look for easy medium or as any other settings. Is in setting an adjustment. Goid luck.

#1175 85 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just a thought but if I'm reading that right, the "variation in Jet Bumper resposne" jumps out at me. Since you have two games I would expect the games to be out of sync if (probably) even one of the pop switches was less sensitive than the other game. Maybe pull the glass on both games and roll a ball around in the pops and compare the reaction. Another thing, are all of the wafers not chipped? A chipped wafer can reduce switch sensitivity. Again just a thought.

Yes. You are 100% correct. One of the pins had less sensitive pop switches than the other (which I have now corrected)

The weird thing is the less sensitive pop switch pin is the one I need more hits on. I think that can be explained by the fact that is the pin I play all my solo games on.

I really wish there was an easy way to reset them to be the same without losing all my rings.

#1176 85 days ago
Quoted from Santis:

Go to setting. Look for easy medium or as any other settings. Is in setting an adjustment. Goid luck.

I installed the presets to be the same and that didn't work. I also can't find a setting specifically for the pop bumpers/power points.

#1177 85 days ago

I installed the presets to be the same and that didn't work. I also can't find a setti

Is in difficulty I guess. I’ll look at tomorrow and let you know

4 weeks later
#1178 54 days ago

I figured I'd just give an update that I finally was able to ship out my ramp diverter to Mantis Amusements last week and they are currently working on getting the dimensions so we'll have some reproductions available since those seem to be pretty much unavailable anywhere.

#1179 54 days ago
Quoted from Okey:

I figured I'd just give an update that I finally was able to ship out my ramp diverter to Mantis Amusements last week and they are currently working on getting the dimensions so we'll have some reproductions available since those seem to be pretty much unavailable anywhere.

Take one for the team. Much appreciated.

#1180 54 days ago

Is there an adjustment / settings adjustment for the shot blocker that moves back and forth?

Mine doesn’t move far enough to the right to block a jump shot from the right saucer. It’s needs to travel about a 1/4” farther.

#1181 54 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there an adjustment / settings adjustment for the shot blocker that moves back and forth?
Mine doesn’t move far enough to the right to block a jump shot from the right saucer. It’s needs to travel about a 1/4” farther.

When the defender is moving into that fourth position, where on the slotted arc in the playfield is the stem of that mechanism? All the way to the far end of the arc? Room to spare? How does it compare to the position of the same things for the first shooter spot?

Im inclined to think the defender plastic or metal flap is out of adjustment more so than there needs to be an adjustment underneath.

#1182 54 days ago

It’s a little to left from the players perspective.

You make a great point, tho… it could just be off center from a physical perspective.

I’ll take a closer look

#1183 54 days ago

Actually, one question of my own for the group after talking about that shooter 4 position...

I put a new hoops ramp in from Starship Fantasy recently. It is thicker, as most of you know, and fit reasonably well, but not perfectly. One of the angles or positions that seems to have changed is how the tip of that clear plastic piece that gets attached on top of the right side of the basket loop is now in the path of the shooter 4 shots. It's not every single time, but say half of the shots from shooter 4 hit that plastic piece and careen off the rim of the basket and fall down. Then other times it shoots it straight into the basket no problem. So it feels inconsistent, but the position of that plastic isn't changing. More like how the ball is sitting down in the saucer and subsequently how squarely the plunger tip hits the ball. I'm not honestly sure if it's the less force hit that careens away or the more force hit that does.

Anyone experience this before? What was your solution?

#1185 53 days ago

Take a pic of what you are speaking of.
I have had the new hoop ramp for what is likely 2 years now (I think).
Shooter 4 on my pin pretty much never misses.
And while i guess it could happen and i wouldn't know, i find that #4 is the least likely shooter to randomly have the ball goto and get an automatic shot, so many times when i get "in the paint", by default i pass it to shooter 4 so i'm usually paying attention to what happens.

#1186 53 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Actually, one question of my own for the group after talking about that shooter 4 position...
I put a new hoops ramp in from Starship Fantasy recently. It is thicker, as most of you know, and fit reasonably well, but not perfectly. One of the angles or positions that seems to have changed is how the tip of that clear plastic piece that gets attached on top of the right side of the basket loop is now in the path of the shooter 4 shots. It's not every single time, but say half of the shots from shooter 4 hit that plastic piece and careen off the rim of the basket and fall down. Then other times it shoots it straight into the basket no problem. So it feels inconsistent, but the position of that plastic isn't changing. More like how the ball is sitting down in the saucer and subsequently how squarely the plunger tip hits the ball. I'm not honestly sure if it's the less force hit that careens away or the more force hit that does.
Anyone experience this before? What was your solution?

now im curious as well, i just bought new ramps at expo from them, but was going to wait until this summer to install.

#1187 53 days ago

I'll take some pics and try to label them a little as to what I mean. I never looked at how that geometry was prior because it never missed from there. Oddly enough, when I got my game last November, it was shooter #1 that wouldn't always work. Used to come up short some of the time. I replaced the coil sleeve and double checked tightness and alignment on all the bolts and screws and brackets when putting it all back together after a topside tear down and it's never missed a single time since then.

This shooter #4 inconsistency I think is more likely related to something underneath affecting how the plungers are hitting the ball. Need to likely put it into test mode and just try to shoot the ball repeatedly and see if I can notice a pattern.

Larry... thanks for chiming in. Ramps went in fairly well. Centre ramp was good and I got the two front protectors swapped over and re-riveted back in place. I did want to mention to you at some point that the two entrance protectors you provided as new and already installed on the hoops ramp were not quite right. The leftside one had too small of a hole on the end of that metal piece to allow the screw to go through it and into the post. I drilled it out slightly bigger and that's fine now. The rightside one I still don't have secured down properly as it was not long enough to reach the post on that side. It's not too short by much, maybe a 1/4" or so, but it just won't get there unless you put some kind of serious force on it and I just don't want to do that. I will likely reuse the protector from my old ramp, but to do that I need to take out the new ramp again and I didn't notice this discrepancy until it was already all installed and I wasn't enthusiastic about undoing everything I just did to fix it. I will in the near future though.

#1188 53 days ago

No two piballs, even the same title, are never the same. Remember they drilled holes by hand back then. I need to know if others are experiencing this problem or not. If they are, then I need to fix it.

#1189 53 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

No two piballs, even the same title, are never the same. Remember they drilled holes by hand back then. I need to know if others are experiencing this problem or not. If they are, then I need to fix it.

Regarding the shooter 4 misses, I went underneath today and double checked the coil and sleeve and bracket and spring and plunger. It all looked pretty much fine and as expected.

Next thing I'm going to swap back to original is just the replacement round plastic piece that mounts on top of the rightside of that hoop loop. The ball hits the corner of it when it misses and I'm wondering if the extra thickness of it or lesser flexibility is what is causing the ball to careen off instead of just hitting and then falling into the basket.

3 weeks later
#1190 31 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Regarding the shooter 4 misses, I went underneath today and double checked the coil and sleeve and bracket and spring and plunger. It all looked pretty much fine and as expected.
Next thing I'm going to swap back to original is just the replacement round plastic piece that mounts on top of the rightside of that hoop loop. The ball hits the corner of it when it misses and I'm wondering if the extra thickness of it or lesser flexibility is what is causing the ball to careen off instead of just hitting and then falling into the basket.

I already had this type of problem but with the shooter 3, what solved my problem was putting a washer where the coil is fixed, this leaves the coil slightly inclined, the shooter works better this way, at least in my case, tomorrow I will take photos to make it easier to understand

#1191 30 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-problems-on-an-nba-fastbreak

I created a thread looking for help with a PIN2DMD display if any of you have ideas to share.

#1192 30 days ago

I took the photos I mentioned in the previous comment, in one of them I marked in purple where the washer goes, note that the plunger is slightly off center of the rubber, this solved my problem with the shooter 3

IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
#1193 28 days ago

Hello everyone, the shot clock on my Fastbreak every time it turns on remains static at number 24, could this be a bug in the rom? I've already noticed some sound bugs in this version I'm using (2.1)

#1194 28 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Hello everyone, the shot clock on my Fastbreak every time it turns on remains static at number 24, could this be a bug in the rom? I've already noticed some sound bugs in this version I'm using (2.1)

How does the connector on the shot clock itself look? Connector lined up correctly with the pins? Not off by one from one side or the other?

#1195 28 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

How does the connector on the shot clock itself look? Connector lined up correctly with the pins? Not off by one from one side or the other?

I already checked the connector, it's perfect
I also installed a power drive from another machine of mine and it didn't solve the problem

#1196 28 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I already checked the connector, it's perfect
I also installed a power drive from another machine of mine and it didn't solve the problem

Is the shot clock in the features adjustment menu? Like where you can disable it? Maybe it's not enabled. Not sure if that's possible. I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment.

#1197 28 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Is the shot clock in the features adjustment menu? Like where you can disable it? Maybe it's not enabled. Not sure if that's possible. I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment.

I just checked here and the only setting in relation to the shot clock in the feature adjustment menu is the difficulty level, in the test menu there is nothing related to the shot clock

#1198 26 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Stuck on Kobe's follow up uniform number. Spooky.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-kobe-bryant-changed-jersey-numbers-and-what-no-8-and-no-24-meant-to-the-nba-legend/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.