IMG_2649.jpg
IMG_2650.jpg
Screenshot_20240422-160224-386 (resized).png
IMG_2639.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 000700.png
Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
There are 1,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.
#1 8 years ago

Loving my Fastbreak... probably getting more plays than anything else in my collection. Love the unique shot layout, scoring, original art, and great audio package (the announcer guy and cheerleaders especially).

Who wants to join the club?

#2 8 years ago

Joined it a long time ago. It's great for the reasons you stated and a few others.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Joined it a long time ago. It's great for the reasons you stated and a few others.

The back box shot is really cool too. And of course "midnight madness".

#4 8 years ago

Got a new grand champ score today. Got to trophy Multiball but lost by a point. Not sure what i need to do to beat it. Spell SHOOT during Multiball? So fun though!

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

Great game. I love mine.
-Kyros

#6 8 years ago

Loved it so much had to get a pair of them.

20150911_201015_(resized).jpg20150911_201015_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

So jealous... Love the linked topper

#8 8 years ago

When I got NBAFB the bulb under the "Jam" ramp had a red condom on it. Is that how it's supposed to be?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Loved it so much had to get a pair of them.

Wow.......
-Kyros

1 month later
#10 8 years ago

Yes.. Red bulb under the ramp. Love my Fastbreak!

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Just got to trophy Multiball for the first time and beat it. Probably the most rewarding feeling I've ever got from pinball. They did an awesome job on the wizard mode.

#12 8 years ago

what was your total score after beating trophy multiball?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

what was your total score after beating trophy multiball?

203. I know that's not a phenomenal score... But it's good for me!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

4 months later
#14 7 years ago

I'm having an issue with getting the alley oop shot. I shoot the left orbit to light it up the middle ramp but by the time the ball comes back down to the flippers I have barely a second to shoot the middle ramp. Is this normal?? I can't find anything in the menu to change the timer on it either. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a championship ring

3 weeks later
#15 7 years ago

Bump for the best game!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from nunnchucker:

I'm having an issue with getting the alley oop shot. I shoot the left orbit to light it up the middle ramp but by the time the ball comes back down to the flippers I have barely a second to shoot the middle ramp. Is this normal?? I can't find anything in the menu to change the timer on it either. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a championship ring

It should be a quick loop and give you plenty of time. Could you post a vid if you haven't got it figured out yet?

#17 7 years ago

I just put some money down on Fastbreak. It should be here next Sunday. I can wait.

2 weeks later
#18 7 years ago

I have been wanting in this club for several years, now. Proud to say I am finally a member. Such a fun game!

IMG_3184 (resized).JPGIMG_3184 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago

I have one for sale in Richmond, VA. Cosmetically very nice game - just needs a couple of tweaks. $1900 cash and carry..

3 weeks later
#20 7 years ago

When you lose trophy multiball...

IMG_5740 (resized).JPGIMG_5740 (resized).JPG

Hi tiger

1 week later
#21 7 years ago

Anyone have a spare left ramp diverter?

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

I need to replace the switch in the right outlane (million dollar shot). Can anyone direct me to which switch I need to buy? I've been looking at Marco Specialties' website, but am not sure which one will work.
Thanks!

Added over 7 years ago: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5647-12693-19

Will this work?

1 week later
#23 7 years ago

3 trophies! My best score. That was fun!

IMG_6108 (resized).JPGIMG_6108 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

After full restoration. All electronic was fixed, new display, all bulbs replaced on LED, all old rubbers changed on transparent rubbers. i repainted whole cabinet and put new decals on it. I drew this decals by myself for this project. This is not scan, i drew all this lines and elements from original decal. it takes a lot of time, but this is reason why i got this awesome decal quality, all colors pure, without noise, i try to do best as i can and i hope i made this decals awesome. Let me know if you need this decals for your cabinet. it's available for sale. Warning message on backside of backbox made by paint, it's not a vinyl decal... After this i made my own topper for this machine. i never had it in hand and made topper from pictures which i found in internet, when i finished my topper have the same sizes like original topper. New chrome legs, also i add chrome on coin door and all metal parts on cabinet. it's looks fresh and shine, i really like it and will be use it on my future projects. Playfield was reclearcoated and fully restored, all plastic parts was reproduced, all ramps and metal parts was polished, add miror blades on each side and this pinball looks like new. if you need all this stuff which i made for this project, plastic, decals, topper and other awesome features, let me know, it's avaliable for sale. if you have questions and comments about this or other projects - you are welcome.

follow my future projects, on pinballowners, my name is "fuza", working on simpsons pinball party, and almost finish it. Next machine which i will be restore - Radical from Bally

Thanks

DSC07140 (resized).jpgDSC07140 (resized).jpgDSC07041 (resized).jpgDSC07041 (resized).jpgDSC07028 (resized).jpgDSC07028 (resized).jpgDSC07010 (resized).jpgDSC07010 (resized).jpgDSC07020 (resized).jpgDSC07020 (resized).jpgDSC07018 (resized).jpgDSC07018 (resized).jpgDSC07145 (resized).jpgDSC07145 (resized).jpgDSC07116 (resized).jpgDSC07116 (resized).jpgDSC07024 (resized).jpgDSC07024 (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Wow! Great job. Although this is one game where I really prefer bulbs... they work beautifully with the colors of the "court" playfield. Can tell you put a ton of work into it though!

#26 7 years ago

The hoop on my NBAFB is slowly destroying itself. Any ideas or fixes without buying a entire new ramp?

#27 7 years ago

I had one of these in great shape, but the previous owner had taken out the boards. Sadly many NBAFB games ended up like that in Europe as the game is far from loved, which I totally don't understand. I know pinheads that even say it has nothing to do with pinball... Very underrated gamed.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

The hoop on my NBAFB is slowly destroying itself. Any ideas or fixes without buying a entire new ramp?

find a right sized heavy duty plastic cup, cup out the bottom and then exopy it in?

1 week later
#29 7 years ago

Just joined this club - amazing game!

#30 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a new left ramp? The one with the hoop on it. Thanks

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Anyone know where I can get a new left ramp? The one with the hoop on it. Thanks

Email starship to make sure they are out:

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/NBA-Fastbreak-Two-Ramp-Set

I have used this UK based company a few times and they seem to have it:

https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/game-specific-parts/ramp-set-nba-fastbreak/

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Email starship to make sure they are out:
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/NBA-Fastbreak-Two-Ramp-Set
I have used this UK based company a few times and they seem to have it:
https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/game-specific-parts/ramp-set-nba-fastbreak/

I emailed Starship awhile back and they said it would be quit a long time before they made anymore.

I'll try the UK site.

Thanks!

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I have a home use only NBAFB and picked up new ramps in the event that mine ever break, LSOG in Florida had them, I bet they still do or will know where you can get them. It's a great game!

littleshopofgames.com/

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

I have a home use only NBAFB and picked up new ramps in the event that mine ever break, LSOG in Florida had them, I bet they still do or will know where you can get them. It's a great game!
littleshopofgames.com/

Thanks. I'll contact them. The UK site does not have them anymore.

#35 7 years ago

Would you trade your very nice FB for a reimport BSD??

1 week later
#36 7 years ago

I need to replace a single back box plastic and cant seem to find it individually for sale. So, I will use my CNC router to cut my own. The problem is I don't have a model to work from.

Could someone be kind enough to send me a 1 scan of the sharp curved piece in the upper left hand corner. 300 dpi should be fine. It is line item 3 on page 2-4 of the manual and the part number is 31-2814-3.

#37 7 years ago

I simply do not understand why so many people dislike this game. I think it is brilliant.
-Kyros

#38 7 years ago

Should have our linked pair hooked up next Monday at The Sanctum if anyone wants to come check a linked pair out.

Any chance on getting that linked topper scanned alleycat-pinball ?

3 weeks later
#39 7 years ago

My wife and I play this game nightly and love ours! Our machine was left in a garage for 15+ years after the Houston Summit (former home of the Houston Rockets) closed down. The owner apparently had no clue he could drill out the locks so the lockbar is bent up and some of the shroud covering the playfield glass by the head is removed. I still have a couple passing detection switches to replace and I would love to get a new lockbar to replace the bent one (we got it back to as close to original shape as possible but it's never going to be the same again). The dream would be to get another machine plus the linking kit so we are actively looking (I have a Data East Jurassic Park with topper ready to go for trades). Nice to meet other NBAFB enthusiasts!

Oh, does anyone have a lead on any "basketball orange" colored balls that would work well for this playfield?

IMG_0040 (resized).JPGIMG_0040 (resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

Stripping the pair down for a full overhaul. Tweaking and changing every part to look and play identical. IMG_9234 (resized).JPGIMG_9234 (resized).JPGIMG_9233 (resized).JPGIMG_9233 (resized).JPG

#41 7 years ago

curious NBA FB owners, when the ball comes out from between the pop bumpers, where does it deliver to the majority of the time?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious NBA FB owners, when the ball comes out from between the pop bumpers, where does it deliver to the majority of the time?

Middle of the right flipper for me... usually. Sometimes it can be a little trickster if it's still got some pop bumper juice on it.

#43 7 years ago

if people can share some photos of the exit from the pops, that woudl be appreciated. I have messed with mine a bunch and it come to tip or right flipper most of the time (depends on how much speed, but still some SDTM drains which are crap).

#44 7 years ago

This plastic under the slingshot broke while playing tonight. I'm not even sure if it has a name. Any ideas where I could find a replacement?

IMG_3532 (resized).JPGIMG_3532 (resized).JPG

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

This plastic under the slingshot broke while playing tonight. I'm not even sure if it has a name. Any ideas where I could find a replacement?

Star post

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8319-12

#46 7 years ago

This was my first pinball. I bought one in great condition for $1900 and it will never leave my collection! I believe a lot of people dislike the theme but I am a basketball player (can't dunk anymore) and NBA fan. I love the unique scoring and I think this is a great game!

#47 7 years ago

Joining in

NBAFB was my first pin and it got me hooked on this hobby for life. I bought it in 2012 in awful condition, cleaned and restored it in its full glory and sold it after a year or so to finance another pin. Since that I have been going through dozens of games, both owning and servicing them for an operator friend of mine in my barcade.

I always regretted selling the game but fortunately last summer one came available and I bought it in an instant. Game was in quite a good nick this time, but I tore it apart anyway, replaced all bulbs and rubbers, cleaned thoroughly and fixed a few minor things to get it 100% working. I think this time the game will be staying for a long time. I love the overall feeling of the game, callouts, cheerleaders, animations etc. I've had some real highend pins like AFM, CC, TOM, TAF and so on. In my personal collection there are just 3 pins at the moment and NBAFB gets played the most by far. Here are a few pics of my game

20160719_013732 (resized).jpg20160719_013732 (resized).jpg

20160719_013720 (resized).jpg20160719_013720 (resized).jpg

20160719_013645 (resized).jpg20160719_013645 (resized).jpg

20160719_013607 (resized).jpg20160719_013607 (resized).jpg

20160719_013555 (resized).jpg20160719_013555 (resized).jpg

20160719_013523 (resized).jpg20160719_013523 (resized).jpg

20160720_192028 (resized).jpg20160720_192028 (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Middle of the right flipper for me... usually. Sometimes it can be a little trickster if it's still got some pop bumper juice on it.

Me too. Usually the sweet spot on the right flipper.
If it has a little english from the pops, SDTM.
-Kyros

#49 7 years ago

I found some orange balls out there that seem like they would work great in this pin.
http://www.modmypin.com/

Has anyone used these balls or found any other orange ones out there you could recommend?

1 month later
#50 7 years ago

Just picked one up for a steal!
No pics yet b/c it needs a cleaning something fierce.

Also, add me to the list of ppl looking for a left hook ramp!

Just placed my Marco order to get it back in shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.