06 (resized).jpg
04 (resized).jpg
0  - Ball Stuck Right (resized).jpg
0B (resized).jpg
0C (resized).jpg
0A (resized).jpg
IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.
#2901 3 months ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Okay that is good. However for the GI they stick up into the playfield and I don't think the Yoppsicles will work well for that so I want to just replace with LED bulbs.

Flicker isn’t an issue with GI. And sadly they don’t make yoppsicles for GI. I’ve been using the retro bullet bulbs a lot recently from comet. They have a higher dome to them so they are same shape as an incandescent. In the natural white.

Here’s a lost world I’ve been finishing up and tuning the last week. It’s cool white Yoppsicles with natural white bullets.

#2902 3 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Flicker isn’t an issue with GI. And sadly they don’t make yoppsicles for GI. I’ve been using the retro bullet bulbs a lot recently from comet. They have a higher dome to them so they are same shape as an incandescent. In the natural white.
Here’s a lost world I’ve been finishing up and tuning the last week. It’s cool white Yoppsicles with natural white bullets.

Perfect, thanks.

#2903 3 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Here’s a lost world I’ve been finishing up and tuning the last week.

Nice example.
Off topic but try switching ON both DIP switch 8 and 32 on the MPU board to get the sounds we are more familiar with on this game rather than the basic tones.

#2904 3 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

Nice example.
Off topic but try switching ON both DIP switch 8 and 32 on the MPU board to get the sounds we are more familiar with on this game rather than the basic tones.

It’s probably because that’s how it was when we first got it, and it was a long time before we ever heard the other kind, but they just don’t seem right. I tried it again the other day, but didn’t leave it that way for the family to hear it again. Maybe I should for a couple days just to see if we get used to it.

#2906 3 months ago

Those boards are great - used them in my restore as well. Highly recommended.

IMG_0414 (resized).JPGIMG_0414 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2907 88 days ago

I’m sure there will be a few tweaks once I actually fire it up BUT I’m calling the playfield done! I should have the cabinet back from my paint guy in a few weeks.

IMG_4306 (resized).jpegIMG_4306 (resized).jpeg
#2908 87 days ago

I bought my trashed Meteor about 5 years ago. I started building a new cabinet and piecing together parts and accessories about two years ago. I do lots of playfield swaps as well as make reproduction rails for others so this restoration has always taken a back seat. I kept at it off and on over the years but right now I am pretty close to being done, maybe another 20 hours or so? I am sure I will need to ping this group for help once I fire it up. In the mean time I know for sure I need one small item........the metal ring on the apron. The ring that frames the screw that ties the apron down, I have one, missing the other one. It's a small detail but one that will drive me friggin nuts. The last picture in this thread shows the apron, thats the little booger I need! Any source on this would be appreciated........THANKS!!

#2909 87 days ago
Quoted from ibis:

The last picture in this thread shows the apron, thats the little booger I need! Any source on this would be appreciated.....

They are finishing or counter sunk washers according to a Google search since you have one you can measure and get more.

#2910 87 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

They are finishing or counter sunk washers according to a Google search since you have one you can measure and get more.

PERFECT! Thank you for the name of these things!!

#2911 86 days ago

Seems like a simple question. Spinner a little sluggish. Not binding on the wire from the switch below. Ends are not touching anything Best way to bring back to original spin? Thinking of taking it out and making sure it’s square and not twisted.

#2912 86 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Seems like a simple question. Spinner a little sluggish. Not binding on the wire from the switch below. Ends are not touching anything Best way to bring back to original spin? Thinking of taking it out and making sure it’s square and not twisted.

Remove the spinner. Make sure the ends aren't bent at a weird angle. Clean the ends with your favorite cleaner then with metal polish. Put the spinner back in. Apply a drop of lube on each end. You spinner is now "juiced". Enjoy.

#2913 85 days ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Remove the spinner. Make sure the ends aren't bent at a weird angle. Clean the ends with your favorite cleaner then with metal polish. Put the spinner back in. Apply a drop of lube on each end. You spinner is now "juiced". Enjoy.

Thx!

1 week later
#2914 75 days ago

I just replaced my lamp board, after 2+ years of owning my Meteor, with an Alltek and it fixed the weird lamp issues I had with the pf lights. Embarrassed it took me this long but looking forward to blowing up my high score now that I don't have to track my collected rockets in my head. I also realized I now have a full Alltek board set installed, as it came with the MPU and Solenoid boards (haven't had to open the backbox in a while I guess!).

I have my original MPU and the Lamp board available if anyone is interested in doing a little work and getting them back to 100%. The MPU board works. I was told it was having issues running test modes so the previous owner just swapped it out, but I did see if functioning at one point. The lamp board has no damage that I can see, it probably just needs recapped. Shoot me an offer on these, not sure what they are worth.

#2915 75 days ago

Also cranked up my incline from 4.5 to 6, put two coats of wax on, and dropped in a fresh ball today. Playing the best it ever has. Was thinking about selling it as I’m “out of space”, but now I’m complementing a playfield swap . Seems like an easier layout to get my feet wet on.

1 week later
#2916 63 days ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Mollybendum (spelling?) works great for this. I have it in powder form and don't need much. My F2K spinners rip now

#2917 62 days ago

Got all the yopps done today while the guys were here installing carpet. Need to other stuff before I flip it over and power it on though.

IMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpeg
#2918 62 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Got all the yopps done today while the guys were here installing carpet. Need to other stuff before I flip it over and power it on though.
[quoted image]

Nice work, looks clean!

#2919 62 days ago

Long shot here - my beater meteor is missing the small wire ball guide directly underneath the upper flipper. I know I can make my own, but don't have the tools to do so. Anyone have a spare or can make one for me? I would happily pay.

Thanks.

#2920 61 days ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Long shot here - my beater meteor is missing the small wire ball guide directly underneath the upper flipper. I know I can make my own, but don't have the tools to do so. Anyone have a spare or can make one for me? I would happily pay.
Thanks.

It's a pretty simple piece to make if you want to try it. And since it can't be seen, the bends don't have to be pretty.

If you don't want to try making one, I can make one of these for you.

#2921 61 days ago

I could bring one to TPF for you if it’s not too far out.

#2922 61 days ago

That's very kind: PM sent.

Quoted from play_pinball:

I could bring one to TPF for you if it’s not too far out.

1 week later
#2923 52 days ago

Hey quick question I’m having an issue.

I have a weebly MPU, no 2021 code or anything like that yet. I’ve tried several different dip switch options for meteor game selection, and I have dip switch 7 (I think factory 5-3 ball dip) set to 3 ball, but it keeps doing 5. What am I missing? I have a weebly in my galaxy and it changed over just fine. Have a tournament tomorrow and trying to get every game back on 3 ball. Thanks.

#2924 52 days ago

You might check this thread. Possible you have a switch causing a signal issue: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-35-mpu-flash-gordon-stuck-on-2-or-4-ball-games-no-matter-dips

#2925 52 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Hey quick question I’m having an issue.
I have a weebly MPU, no 2021 code or anything like that yet. I’ve tried several different dip switch options for meteor game selection, and I have dip switch 7 (I think factory 5-3 ball dip) set to 3 ball, but it keeps doing 5. What am I missing? I have a weebly in my galaxy and it changed over just fine. Have a tournament tomorrow and trying to get every game back on 3 ball. Thanks.

Try clearing the audits using the coin door buttons.

#2926 52 days ago

Thanks guys. Gives me ideas to look into when I get home tomorrow.

#2927 51 days ago

Well I appreciate all the help guys. But I guess it just had to sit turned off longer. I’d cycle the power between changing dip switches. But it never changed. Got home after work, and boom, it’s on 3 ball… lol

1 week later
#2928 39 days ago

Meteor update I did on my pinball channel the other day. 7th digit all up and running now, with wollfpak displays. Need to do credit display next so they match.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/XYRcBa1iGZtK4dZG/?mibextid=w8EBqM

I also just listed it for sale on Facebook. Need to make room and something popped up. I really love it, BUT I can play it at my local arcade, they have a nice one too. That’s the only reason it got the short stick.

3 weeks later
#2929 14 days ago

That pop bumper looks great. Where can I get one?

Quoted from Clytor:

Redrilling the center post stressed me out! Making some more progress on the top side tonight.
[quoted image]

#2930 14 days ago

Sorry. The pic didn't show. Here it is...

Quoted from pinballshark:

That pop bumper looks great. Where can I get one?

0a78d113b2b99d36e26fddb76b8ac93ccebcb353 (resized).jpeg0a78d113b2b99d36e26fddb76b8ac93ccebcb353 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2931 45 hours ago

Almost at the end of my Meteor restoration and it's coming down to a few items I need to address before I hook power up to it. First, I need new return lane guidess for the game, one of mine broke. Or at the least, the right return lane as that is the one which is broken but I'll take both. If anyone has a spare please let me know.

IMG_5126 (resized).jpegIMG_5126 (resized).jpeg

Secondly, my METEOR drops are sitting below the playfield. And, when they drop, they are still above the playfield. Unlike the later Bally games there does not seem to be any adjustments that can be made. Any info, pointers, fixes?? I do remember someone saying repos had some issues but I thought this was in the past? I do have the original drops and some decals I got from Australia before they closed shop, but I would like to stick with fresh white drops if I can.

IMG_5127 (resized).jpegIMG_5127 (resized).jpeg

Thanks for the help, Im sure more questions will be coming from me.

#2932 41 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

I need new return lane guidess for the game

Let me check. I should have them both.

#2933 38 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

Almost at the end of my Meteor restoration and it's coming down to a few items I need to address before I hook power up to it. First, I need new return lane guidess for the game, one of mine broke. Or at the least, the right return lane as that is the one which is broken but I'll take both. If anyone has a spare please let me know.
[quoted image]
Secondly, my METEOR drops are sitting below the playfield. And, when they drop, they are still above the playfield. Unlike the later Bally games there does not seem to be any adjustments that can be made. Any info, pointers, fixes?? I do remember someone saying repos had some issues but I thought this was in the past? I do have the original drops and some decals I got from Australia before they closed shop, but I would like to stick with fresh white drops if I can.
[quoted image]

I make and stock the repro Classic Stern Tombstone Drops

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-tombstone-drop-targets-13a-11-any-interest/page/5#post-8019062

#2934 36 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Check with Mad_Dog_Coin_Op for the inlane guides. I think he might have a spare set.

#2935 22 hours ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Let me check. I should have them both.

Please let me know! Dirty is good, bent up is not good

Im thinking I will go this route! The ones I have are not good at all!

Quoted from djblouw:

Check with Mad_Dog_Coin_Op for the inlane guides. I think he might have a spare set.

Thanks, this will be my backup plan if emsrph comes up empty!

#2936 22 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

Swinks' tombstones are fire. I put them in my Meteor restoration, no bricking, and they look great.
IMG_1124 (resized).JPGIMG_1124 (resized).JPG

#2937 21 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

Think I found them. They’re about 6.25” point to point.

Maybe not perfect but you be the judge if they look good enough for $15 shipped.

IMG_2592 (resized).jpegIMG_2592 (resized).jpeg
#2938 19 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

quote sent

#2939 16 hours ago

Drops ordered from swinks, wire guides requested from emarph!! Thanks all!!

#2940 16 hours ago
Quoted from ibis:

Drops ordered from swinks, wire guides requested from emarph!! Thanks all!!

I have swinks targets in mine but the game isn't finished yet. Decals from the long but not forgotten Pin all Rescue in AU. Miss those guys.
Drops courtesy of @ksuwildcatfan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.