(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,250 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by JeepSnob
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tilt bob (resized).jpg
438196228_1084798152593104_5909882289470841351_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240209_201211894_exported_35562 (resized).jpg
IMG_8465_exported_11941 (resized).jpg
IMG_3565 (resized).jpeg
pinballimage (resized).png
ezgif-1-f73e813750.gif
IMB_C1LtUI.gif
IMG_0566 (2) (resized).png
IMG_3433 (resized).png
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
20240417_192422 (resized).jpg
20240417_214455 (resized).jpg
20240417_220229 (resized).jpg
There are 2,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.
#1951 30 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Who needs a couch anyway?

A man with his priorities in order!

#1952 30 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Woot woot! Game is coming Monday! Have no where to put it, but I will find a place. Who needs a couch anyway?

Wednesday for us!

#1953 30 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

A man with his priorities in order!

I mean, the couch was free and this is a bit more than that. I will do what I have to do.

#1954 30 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Who needs a couch anyway?

The wife for those days when her husband doesn’t have his priorities in order, well actually it’ll be more like you needing it again

#1955 28 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

[quoted image]

that scene (and a few others) was filmed at Morris Chapel at the University of the Pacific, in Stockton CA where I attended for 4 1/2 years (Raiders of the Lost Ark). They also filmed a few others, like Dead Man on Campus, and Flubber (and probably others I'm not aware of). In fall '96 me and a select group of students signed up to be extras in Flubber..It was a whole days worth of work for $40 plus lunch, lol...I don't see me in the final cut, but I do see my twin brother on the bicycle; it's a short scene where Robin Williams goes from class to class (outdoors)..We were all eager to meet him, but it ended up being his stunt double..but it was still very cool regardless. It's just crazy how much time/resources they put into a 5-10 second scene! And to top that off, Our orchestra there had the opportunity to play with Dave Brubeck 3 TIMES (this was his alma mater)..he was such a sweet, kind man! Anyways, BACK TO YOU, BOB

#1956 28 days ago

Does Labyrinth have a service outlet? Will Pinstadiums work with this machine?

#1957 28 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

shouldn't need it. Playfield seems pretty well lit already.

#1958 28 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

shouldn't need it. Playfield seems pretty well lit already.

In my man cave, where it’s located it has poor overhead lighting and the playfield is pretty dark. Too beautiful of a playfield and needs to be seen!

#1959 28 days ago

I just can’t seem to find a service outlet.

#1960 28 days ago

Don’t kill the vibe with pinstadiums man. Those would be a crying shame on this game.

Quoted from wfumed2:

#1961 28 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don’t kill the vibe with pinstadiums man. Those would be a crying shame on this game.

Yea, I don’t mean to start a pinstadium debate. Some games I put them on, some I don’t.

It’s hard to accurately photograph what it looks like in my room but here’s kind of an idea. Can see the front playfield clearly above the flippers, but very difficult to see the details in the back.

IMG_0434 (resized).jpegIMG_0434 (resized).jpeg
#1962 27 days ago

Anyone find a flipper setting to stop the right flipper from getting batted down with ball hits? Doesn’t always happen, but 1 in 3 shots from the left ramp eject will make it drop a little, but a fast shot will make it drop all the way every time.

#1963 27 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Anyone find a flipper setting to stop the right flipper from getting batted down with ball hits?

Sounds like a mechanical issue. The EOS leaf blades, or the flipper button leaf blades. The contact peened to each blade. One set isn't making good contact with the leaf blade. dirty when manufactured or not peened in good enough.

You can swap the left and right ones to see if problem moves. I'd start with the flipper button leaf blades first.

LTG : )

#1964 27 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like a mechanical issue. The EOS leaf blades, or the flipper button leaf blades. The contact peened to each blade. One set isn't making good contact with the leaf blade. dirty when manufactured or not peened in good enough.
You can swap the left and right ones to see if problem moves. I'd start with the flipper button leaf blades first.

Thanks LTG! I figured it was something simple.

#1965 27 days ago

Looks great, looks like how pinball machines are supposed to look.

Quoted from wfumed2:

Yea, I don’t mean to start a pinstadium debate. Some games I put them on, some I don’t.
It’s hard to accurately photograph what it looks like in my room but here’s kind of an idea. Can see the front playfield clearly above the flippers, but very difficult to see the details in the back.
[quoted image]

#1966 27 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I don't have the game to check. And looked through the gallery pictures - nothing.

Maybe someone with the game can check bump ?

#1967 27 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

[quoted image]

I'm on the same page. I play in a dark room and put them on games that need them. There's no service outlet and no vents. You'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of the cabinet to run external power.

#1968 27 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Quoted from javagrind888:

There's no service outlet

Thank you wfumed2 !

#1969 27 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Looks great, looks like how pinball machines are supposed to look.

No, it's how pinball machines do look, not how they are "supposed" to. It is not a good thing that pinball gi lighting has not evolved in 50+ years. We don't use big incandescent bulbs which can only go up through holes in the playfield and can't be mounted next plastics because they will melt. We currently take tiny SMDs and put them in that same giant bayonet bulb which is retarded.

Pinball art has never been better. Zombie yeti, Franchi, and now this guy (sorry dude), are making absolutely beautiful playfields, and it's criminal to have them so poorly lit.

I got pinstadiums for one of my games. I don't love it. It's a little too much even with brightness down. I also hate the current spotlight solution. Too obstructive.

I created a slightly better solution for spotlights. It's a pain in the ass to implement but it does help a bunch. I hope pinball companies start taking lighting seriously going forward. (Also the fact that BOF chose cool white instead of warm white for a dingy brown theme like Labyrinth is just wrong, like lighting isn't on their radar at all).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-minimal-spotlight-fixture-

Compare my MM(8 mini spots) and FF(6 mini spots) to my GZ (0 mini spots). Looks like shit.
Will be the first thing I add to my Lab.
PXL_20240207_214851280.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240207_214851280.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240229_020241939.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240229_020241939.MP (resized).jpg

#1970 27 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

In my man cave, where it’s located it has poor overhead lighting and the playfield is pretty dark. Too beautiful of a playfield and needs to be seen!

all of our gamerooms are dark or no lights. Hence the importance of WHITE GI lights in all our games.

#1971 27 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all of our gamerooms are dark or no lights. Hence the importance of WHITE GI lights in all our games.

Do you have recommendations for GI lights outside of Pin stadiums? I could use that on my GNR too.

#1972 27 days ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

Do you have recommendations for GI lights outside of Pin stadiums? I could use that on my GNR too.

Comet has several brighter bulbs options for replacing the under plastic bulbs..but the main problem is areas away from the bulbs..the answer is spotlights. You can see the spotlight kits on comets website, which point towards middle of playfield. They do help, but they are large and obtrusive which is why I designed the small ones. But some people don't mind the normal ones, and even mount double spotlights, usually at top of slings..

Pinstadiums aren't the worst. They are just overpriced and do change the feel a bit. I didn't hate them enough to take them out of my IMDN... yet but that machine is also in a different area than the rest of my moderns.. diy stadium lights are also an option. There's a thread. Some people like em.

The other option is add some light to your room!

#1973 27 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No, it's how pinball machines do look, not how they are "supposed" to. It is not a good thing that pinball gi lighting has not evolved in 50+ years. We don't use big incandescent bulbs which can only go up through holes in the playfield and can't be mounted next plastics because they will melt. We currently take tiny SMDs and put them in that same giant bayonet bulb which is retarded.
Pinball art has never been better. Zombie yeti, Franchi, and now this guy (sorry dude), are making absolutely beautiful playfields, and it's criminal to have them so poorly lit.
I got pinstadiums for one of my games. I don't love it. It's a little too much even with brightness down. I also hate the current spotlight solution. Too obstructive.
I created a slightly better solution for spotlights. It's a pain in the ass to implement but it does help a bunch. I hope pinball companies start taking lighting seriously going forward. (Also the fact that BOF chose cool white instead of warm white for a dingy brown theme like Labyrinth is just wrong, like lighting isn't on their radar at all).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-modern-minimal-spotlight-fixture-
Compare my MM(8 mini spots) and FF(6 mini spots) to my GZ (0 mini spots). Looks like shit.
Will be the first thing I add to my Lab.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for these photos. They are great examples of the differences in lighting effects.

I personally don't have pinstadiums on anything and I have a fairly dark room for my collection.
Lighting is 100% subjective, as we all have different eyes and preferences.
Many people have strong opinions on "what is right".
I am in the camp of "What is right for me!"
For example, I am currently rebuilding my TMBOP cabinet with blacked out decals.
Nobody will be able to convince me it is wrong as it is my taste.
Same goes for lighting. Enjoy what you prefer, you own it, do what you like.

#1974 27 days ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Thanks for these photos. They are great examples of the differences in lighting effects.
I personally don't have pinstadiums on anything and I have a fairly dark room for my collection.
Lighting is 100% subjective, as we all have different eyes and preferences.
Many people have strong opinions on "what is right".
I am in the camp of "What is right for me!"
For example, I am currently rebuilding my TMBOP cabinet with blacked out decals.
Nobody will be able to convince me it is wrong as it is my taste.
Same goes for lighting. Enjoy what you prefer, you own it, do what you like.

Really great post! Thanks for your help everyone! I ended up running the external power cord out the back of the head by loosening one of the metal plate bolts. Looks great with a just a small (25%) amount of illumination!

#1975 27 days ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

which GNR? DE or JJP? JJP is dark because their GI system sucks ass. You may have to go with WHITE Pinstadiums on that one. Or do what I do when I have a dark game. Add white spotlights in strategic locations, or a white LED strip that goes along the inside the apron. I cannot stress white enough. If it's not white light, it's useless, because the human eye has problems focusing in short wavelength monochromatic light.

#1976 27 days ago

It's not for the feint of heart in terms of complexity but Erik Thoren from District82 has a great video where he goes over how he makes custom low profile spotlights for his games and the result is really great.

#1977 27 days ago

The kickout from under the ramp is shooting too close to the tip of the right flipper. Is there a way to adjust it to shoot more in line with the middle of the flipper?

#1978 26 days ago

Let the finding a place to put it begin.

IMG_7878 (resized).jpegIMG_7878 (resized).jpeg
#1979 26 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Let the finding a place to put it begin.
[quoted image]

I'm getting close to receiving mine now too. Excitement level is high!

#1980 26 days ago

Just got the pinball machine in today and the topper isn't working. It has power, the heads move, light up, but they don't talk. Also, get an error message on screen that says "Topper Enabled, but not Detected". I've checked all connections, and made sure they were seated correctly. My Port 1 is extremely loose and doesn't really stay on; however, I don't believe this is causing the issue as it just impacts the left Goblin. I held that port in while the machine was on and I still get the error. Anyone else have this issue or any recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Will

#1981 26 days ago
Quoted from Willybillwill:

any recommendations?

I'd contact Barrels Of Fun tech support. Port one is a start. I don't have the game to check, but maybe they all have to be working for the topper to function ?

#1982 26 days ago

Just got the pinball machine in today and the topper isn't working. It has power, the heads move, light up, but they don't talk. Also, get an error message on screen that says "Topper Enabled, but not Detected". I've checked all connections, and made sure they were seated correctly. My Port 1 is extremely loose and doesn't really stay on; however, I don't believe this is causing the issue as it just impacts the left Goblin. I held that port in while the machine was on and I still get the error. Anyone else have this issue or any recommendations?
Will

Turn it on in the settings (as per the install instructions) — Settings -> Topper

Edit: Derp. I can’t done read so gud. Says enabled right in the original post. PARTY ON, DUDES.

#1983 26 days ago

Will

Please drop in a support ticket at kollectfun.com.

Sorry for the trouble!

Brian

#1984 26 days ago
Quoted from BSavage:

Sorry for the trouble!
Brian

Thank you! Put in ticket #2958 and no worries, other than this issue, absolutely loving this machine!!

#1985 26 days ago
Quoted from BSavage:

Sorry for the trouble!
Brian

Wanted to thank you again, received quick and great support from BoF!

Last night the wife and I were laughing and smiling so much while playing this pinball machine. We were in awe. This thing is amazing!!

#1986 25 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

which GNR? DE or JJP? JJP is dark because their GI system sucks ass. You may have to go with WHITE Pinstadiums on that one. Or do what I do when I have a dark game. Add white spotlights in strategic locations, or a white LED strip that goes along the inside the apron. I cannot stress white enough. If it's not white light, it's useless, because the human eye has problems focusing in short wavelength monochromatic light.

JJP. I have been looking at spotlights, but have been uncertain about how many to get, etc. They are pretty cheap so maybe I'll just pick up a few and give it a try.

#1987 25 days ago

Is there a setting for back box brightness because…damn.

IMG_1503 (resized).jpegIMG_1503 (resized).jpeg
#1988 25 days ago

I would think there is a setting for that. Ours isnt setup yet so cant check

#1989 25 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is there a setting for back box brightness because…damn.

I think the color tone looks more like warm white LEDs in the backbox. Have any sunlight or cool whites to try to see if it to your liking?

Recently I changed out regular bulbs, which warm white color matches nicely to regular bulbs, in a friend's Dirty Harry with Comet 2SMD sunlight LEDs.

Screenshot_20240402-232927 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240402-232927 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240402-232649 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240402-232649 (resized).png

#1990 25 days ago

I believe Labyrinth has a led strip in the back box. I’d consider adding another but I don’t want to overwhelm the circuit since it already pops a fuse here and there. Also couldn’t find a setting when I checked last night. Not the end of the world but I would like the brightness level to be comparable to the other games in the room for aesthetic purposes.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think the color tone looks more like warm white LEDs in the backbox. Have any sunlight or cool whites to try to see if it to your liking?
Recently I changed out regular bulbs, which warm white color matches nicely to regular bulbs, in a friend's Dirty Harry with Comet 2SMD sunlight LEDs.

#1991 25 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I believe Labyrinth has a led strip in the back box. I’d consider adding another but I don’t want to overwhelm the circuit since it already pops a fuse here and there. Also couldn’t find a setting when I checked last night. Not the end of the world but I would like the brightness level to be comparable to the other games in the room for aesthetic purposes.

LEDs is such a low draw I wouldn’t worry about popping a fuse. Just make sure you have the polarity correct when hooking them up.

#1992 23 days ago

Obligatory new pin on pallet picture. 141 is in the house! This was a day one order from Flip N Out. Only issue out of the box was a non-working topper (new node board already on the way) but otherwise played perfect!

Side story: It had been raining pretty much not stop for the prior three days, and when the delivery truck pulled up it was pouring. The driver decided to sit and see if the rain let up. I checked the weather map and that didn't seem likely. So I asked the Goblin Corps if they could help out, and a few minutes later the rain stopped and the sun peeked out for just long enough to unload. But the driver still ended up with wet socks due to the river of water running down my street!

20240403_122025 (resized).jpg20240403_122025 (resized).jpg20240403_123429 (resized).jpg20240403_123429 (resized).jpg

#1993 23 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Obligatory new pin on pallet picture. 141 is in the house! This was a day one order from Flip N Out. Only issue out of the box was a non-working topper (new node board already on the way) but otherwise played perfect!
Side story: It had been raining pretty much not stop for the prior three days, and when the delivery truck pulled up it was pouring. The driver decided to sit and see if the rain let up. I checked the weather map and that didn't seem likely. So I asked the Goblin Corps if they could help out, and a few minutes later the rain stopped and the sun peeked out for just long enough to unload. But the driver still ended up with wet socks due to the river of water running down my street!

This is the exact opposite of mine. It wasnt raining when the truck pulled up, but as soon as he was on the lift with it, rain. Had to run a grab plastic sheeting real fast as I wasnt going to be able to get it in the house until help arrived. All worked out though. Maybe I should have called on the goblins for help?

Im jealous though as we have not had time to get it set up to play yet. Hopefully that happens tonight. We decided its going in the living room since the basement is full (I have not yet listed a game for sale) and that is the only room with tall enough ceilings.

#1994 23 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Congrats! Mine is scheduled for Tuesday!

#1995 23 days ago

Does anyone make a shooter lane protector? I'm also wondering about the wood rail that takes an impact for every ball eject?

Update: found a protector made from tpu plastic on pinside.

#1996 23 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Does anyone make a shooter lane protector? I'm also wondering about the wood rail that takes an impact for every ball eject?

Cliffy has some generic stuff that would likely work.
If you'd prefer metal.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

#1997 23 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Jmxdc has you covered there. Get the clear tou ones they are great and very durable. We use them on route with great success

#1998 23 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Here is the direct link. https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1537-volcano-pinball/09759-shootershield-tpu-labyrinth

#2000 23 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Jmxdc has you covered there. Get the clear tou ones they are great and very durable. We use them on route with great success

Quoted from roscoepinball:

I have this one on mine - works great! Perfect fit.

Thanks all, ordered and shipped in less than a day!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.