(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,250 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JeepSnob
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tilt bob (resized).jpg
438196228_1084798152593104_5909882289470841351_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240209_201211894_exported_35562 (resized).jpg
IMG_8465_exported_11941 (resized).jpg
IMG_3565 (resized).jpeg
pinballimage (resized).png
ezgif-1-f73e813750.gif
IMB_C1LtUI.gif
IMG_0566 (2) (resized).png
IMG_3433 (resized).png
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
20240417_192422 (resized).jpg
20240417_214455 (resized).jpg
20240417_220229 (resized).jpg
There are 2,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 45.
#1 6 months ago

Loaded and ready for setup later today! Had the opportunity to play at Expo and was so impressed, decided to get one out for others to play and make up their own minds if they like it! Will be on the floor and ready to play at I/O Arcade Bar when they open on Tuesday! Will get a few more pix up once it's setup, along with any things we discover while doing so.

Labyrinth (resized).jpgLabyrinth (resized).jpg
#2 6 months ago

Question please. Flipper button switches - leaf blade or opto ?

Thank you for your help.

Enjoy your game, it is great !

LTG : )

#4 6 months ago

I got in on one of the initial runs direct from BOF….can’t wait for it, everything I have seen so far has really impressed me.

#5 6 months ago

I put my deposit down on the 16th right after the gameplay video came out. Settling in for a wait, but hoping it won't be too long.

#6 6 months ago

Dropped my deposit on 10/14, blind with no game play revealed and just a gut feeling (after reading the players involved). Game play reveal got me to sit up straight and I watched carefully throughout expo as positive report after positive report came back to pinside. Needless to say, PHEW! Also, this game is going to be the crown jewel of my game room.

Glad I got in before this thing sells out.

#7 6 months ago

Count me in, I preordered Labyrinth instantly after the first videos came out.

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Glad I got in before this thing sells out.

I think it has a chance to sell out but will take a long time, 1100 games is a lot and not everybody immediately knows this theme.

#9 6 months ago

I bought one of the first initial run. Super excited. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think it has a chance to sell out but will take a long time, 1100 games is a lot and not everybody immediately knows this theme.

You're probably right lol

#11 6 months ago

Setup and ready for opening Tuesday! To answer Lloyds question: Flipper switches are blades which I really like! Goodie bag included some sling plastics, a magnetic pickup tool and bottle opener (the best part)!!

Quality sound system and playfield! The coin box lid didn’t match the mech so was just removed. Menuing system very thorough but definitely need more time with it to know how everything works. Very much a home game from an interfacing standpoint, but not unexpected. Game setup went off without a hitch and it’s ready for action!

IMG_2973 (resized).jpegIMG_2973 (resized).jpegIMG_2975 (resized).jpegIMG_2975 (resized).jpegIMG_2976 (resized).jpegIMG_2976 (resized).jpegIMG_2977 (resized).jpegIMG_2977 (resized).jpegIMG_2978 (resized).jpegIMG_2978 (resized).jpegIMG_2980 (resized).jpegIMG_2980 (resized).jpegIMG_2981 (resized).jpegIMG_2981 (resized).jpegIMG_2982 (resized).jpegIMG_2982 (resized).jpegIMG_2983 (resized).jpegIMG_2983 (resized).jpeg
#12 6 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Setup and ready for opening Tuesday! To answer Lloyds question: Flipper switches are blades which I really like! Goodie bag included some sling plastics, a magnetic pickup tool and bottle opener (the best part)!!
Quality sound system and playfield! The coin box lid didn’t match the mech so was just removed. Menuing system very thorough but definitely need more time with it to know how everything works. Very much a home game from an interfacing standpoint, but not unexpected. Game setup went off without a hitch and it’s ready for action!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow we have ourself our first owner here, right? I must say they couldn't have crammed any more stuff under the playfield if they wanted. The subway and Y-subways are clear so easy to overlook as well. But that final shot with Labyrinth next to MM is sexy.

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Flipper switches are blades which I really like!

Thank you ! I really appreciate your help.

And answers my response in the other thread where the flipper dropped a couple times when the ball hit it. I was right on what to check.

An amazing game. I hope it does great for you !

#14 6 months ago

I had my order in October 4th through distro. Will be interesting to see where that puts me in line. Exciting!

#15 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I had my order in October 4th through distro. Will be interesting to see where that puts me in line. Exciting!

Did you mean 14th? Same as me, also through disti.

#16 6 months ago

I did not. October 4th at 1:24pm cst.

Quoted from superNoid:

Did you mean 14th? Same as me, also through disti.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I did not. October 4th at 1:24pm cst.

You must have an inside line us commoners don't. I pre-ordered mine on the 13th about two hours after it was announced.

#18 6 months ago

I wouldn't say it like that, at all. I wish lol... I just heard the rumors the same as you and had a standing order in. Turned out to be true. They may have still not actually entered my order for all I know lol but it was in.

Quoted from Slaitster:

You must have an inside line us commoners don't. I pre-ordered mine on the 13th about two hours after it was announced.

#19 6 months ago

While Im waiting for my game (first NIB) I have been thinking about flipper toppers. Currently thinking owl wings or Bowie bulge. Thoughts? This game looks like its going to be really fun! Hopefully the wait isnt too bad.

#20 6 months ago

Bulge. Absolutely.

Quoted from SpyroFTW:While Im waiting for my game (first NIB) I have been thinking about flipper toppers. Currently thinking owl wings or Bowie bulge. Thoughts? This game looks like its going to be really fun! Hopefully the wait isnt too bad.

#21 6 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It doesn't look like your cabinet has a serial number sticker like I seen in a pic from the expo on one of the demo's. Is it numbered somewhere?

Screenshot_20231024_101656_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231024_101656_Gallery (resized).jpg
#22 6 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Boy:

It doesn't look like your cabinet has a serial number sticker like I seen in a pic from the expo on one of the demo's. Is it numbered somewhere?

It's on the back and in the cabinet - likely somewhere else too but I didn't get any pictures. It's #10

#23 6 months ago

Had a chance to talk and play with David Van Es at Expo. I hope you enjoy. We sure did.

#24 6 months ago

I asked for #6 and #13 and both of those were gone, you have #10 so I'm guessing I'm down the list quite a ways. Oh well. LOL

#25 6 months ago

Too funny ... CGC can't get a remake out in 2 years plus ...

BoF just crushing it!

Can't wait to see what's next.

Congratulations on your new pin !

Thanks for the detailed pics

#26 6 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Too funny ... CGC can't get a remake out in 2 years plus ...
BoF just crushing it!
Can't wait to see what's next.
Congratulations on your new pin !
Thanks for the detailed pics

to be fair BOF has made about 20 machines. we'll see how many have been made after a year. I don't think anyone complains about CGC quality... just production rate, which is something BOF has yet to prove they are any better at.

#27 6 months ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Had a chance to talk and play with David Van Es at Expo.

Thank you for sharing.

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I must say they couldn't have crammed any more stuff under the playfield if they wanted.

STTNG would like a word.

#29 6 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I must say they couldn't have crammed any more stuff under the playfield if they wanted.

It's well laid out and accessible. Doesn't look like it will be hard to work on if ever needed.

Safecracker - you often need to remove things to get at other things. Hobbit - not a job, it's an adventure.

BOF must have been thinking when they designed the underside.

#30 6 months ago

Got my pre-order in a few hours after announcement on the 13th. This was a family dream theme, so willing to take a chance, and my enabler of a wife said "get it", sight unseen.

Was a mouse-click away from paying in full at kollectfun, but the weird site name, distance from home, and warning about notifying your credit card put me off. Happy to give ZMeny some business, though, since my interest in the hobby ramped up watching SDTM videos. Fingers crossed that was early enough to see it by the holidays when more family will be in town.

#31 6 months ago

Tune in TOMORROW night (October 25th) at 10/9 Central and watch us stream Labyrinth! I was lucky enough to bring home a game from Expo and can't wait to stream it. We stream late so take a nap and come chat it up with us as we dive in and try not to get lost in the Labyrinth. I'm pretty sure some of the employees at Barrels of Fun will be in chat as well. See you all there!

#32 6 months ago

Game looks amazing. Can’t wait to pick one up. Waiting for a little later in the run so all the bugs and software is more updated! Enjoy the game!

#33 6 months ago

I have my order in with Hemispheres Pinball, deposit in yesterday (10/23). It will be an interesting wait to see how long it takes for it to arrive.

Robert

#34 6 months ago
Quoted from radium:

STTNG would like a word.

I just looked this up and ... my god! lol that is crazy

#35 6 months ago
Quoted from superNoid:

I just looked this up and ... my god! lol that is crazy

Hobbit wants you too.

DSC00045 (resized).JPGDSC00045 (resized).JPG
#36 6 months ago

I confirmed with my dealer, the 150 will be done by the end of December with the builds for the dealers after that.

It's not when you put your order in but when your dealer gets his partial allotments that he then allocates.

Mine will be drop shipped from Texas. So when my dealer is notified that he has 1 or X machines ready, he tells them where to send them...hopefully I will be high on the list.

I know of someone who bought a Galactic Tank Force on day 1 and is still waiting. I bought mine about 3 weeks after he did from my dealer and I've had my GTF for about 7 months.

Difficult to say when we will take delivery.

Robert

#37 6 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I confirmed with my dealer, the 150 will be done by the end of December with the builds for the dealers after that.
It's not when you put your order in but when your dealer gets his partial allotments that he then allocates.
Mine will be drop shipped from Texas. So when my dealer is notified that he has 1 or X machines ready, he tells them where to send them...hopefully I will be high on the list.
I know of someone who bought a Galactic Tank Force on day 1 and is still waiting. I bought mine about 3 weeks after he did from my dealer and I've had my GTF for about 7 months.
Difficult to say when we will take delivery.
Robert

Guess your dealer has some inside info the guy running the company doesn't have!

Quoted from BSavage:

We will sell 150 games direct, and the rest will go through the distributors. All games will be shipped in the sequence the orders came in no matter if it's through us or not.

#38 6 months ago

I broke down and put my order in through ZMeny as well. I know it may be a while but I am personally ok with a later run that has kinks worked out and more evolved code.

I feel this debut will be different than many in the past. I could be eating crow later on but this feels different. They were skeptical that they could start a pinball company and be profitable. They put together a 10 year plan and were convinced otherwise. They managed to keep this mostly a secret for 2 years. They managed to build enough units to bring to Expo without asking for any money. The debut was nothing but professional. The machines held up exceptionally at one of the largest pinball shows. The machine is beautiful and everything seems to be top notch.

I am not worried about them making their production schedules as they really seem to have their stuff together. If they don’t make the schedule, it will be for good reason and for the sake of quality.

Do I know any of this for certain, absolutely not. But I think most of us can agree that this is not like many of the debuts of the past. This feels different and so far everything seems top notch. I rolled the dice and took a gamble that they will deliver. I believe the odds are in our favor.

#39 6 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Guess your dealer has some inside info the guy running the company doesn't have!

So you think that each time a dealer gets an order from an individual, he sends it in to the factory 1 at a time?

Or do you think that a dealer puts in an order for X number of games and then sells the allocation that he is given to individuals that put money down?

If it's the first, the dealer takes someone's money, generates a bill of sale, then sends in the order to the manufacturer. Who then sends the order back because all have been sold. Then the dealer sends someone's money back?

Robert

#40 6 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

So you think that each time a dealer gets an order from an individual, he sends it in to the factory 1 at a time?
Or do you think that a dealer puts in an order for X number of games and then sells the allocation that he is given to individuals that put money down?
If it's the first, the dealer takes someone's money, generates a bill of sale, then sends in the order to the manufacturer. Who then sends the order back because all have been sold. Then the dealer sends someone's money back?
Robert

If they did send the order in to BOF each time they got a customer to buy one then they would be shipped to them 1 at a time. If your distributor WAITS to put your order in to BOF until he gets a few customers to buy a few then I would find another distributor. BOF made it pretty clear they will fill orders based on how they come in. Not in allotments. That is also the way it should be.

#41 6 months ago

This is the way.

Quoted from Megeant:If they did send the order in to BOF each time they got a customer to buy one then they would be shipped to them 1 at a time. If your distributor WAITS to put your order in to BOF until he gets a few customers to buy a few then I would find another distributor. BOF made it pretty clear they will fill orders based on how they come in. Not in allotments. That is also the way it should be.

#42 6 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:If they did send the order in to BOF each time they got a customer to buy one then they would be shipped to them 1 at a time. If your distributor WAITS to put your order in to BOF until he gets a few customers to buy a few then I would find another distributor. BOF made it pretty clear they will fill orders based on how they come in. Not in allotments. That is also the way it should be.

I would think for a small manufacturers like this, everything just gets drop shipped. With small quantities, why pay to ship it twice? To have a better chance of the carrier damaging it? Most people pick a distro out of state so they don't have to pay taxes, so it's not like there's much local delivery these days.

I am not thinking anything. I just take the guy for what he said. I assume if he's smart enough to build this company and figure out how to make 1000 of these and sell them he could figure out something so trivial. But your right to be suspicious. He's probably lying! Let's trust the car salesman... i mean pinball distro... instead.

#43 6 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

You act like that hard to do? That literally takes 2min tops.

#44 6 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I would think for a small manufacturers like this, everything just gets drop shipped. With small quantities, why pay to ship it twice? To have a better chance of the carrier damaging it? Most people pick a distro out of state so they don't have to pay taxes, so it's not like there's much local delivery these days.

I would agree and that is exactly what might happen? I would think that is easier. If it was allotments blocks then better to ship to distributors and let them store the machines.

#45 6 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I am not thinking anything. I just take the guy for what he said. I assume if he's smart enough to build this company and figure out how to make 1000 of these and sell them he could figure out something so trivial. But your right to be suspicious. He's probably lying! Let's trust the car salesman... i mean pinball distro... instead.

I don’t think he was lying or misleading, I just think you may be taking it too literal. I doubt they are tracking every single order thru a dealer to the exact moment. I’d imagine as orders come in the distributor notifies BoF at some point…at whatever point they are notified BoF then puts that order in the queue. I doubt BoF would waist the resources pinpointing the exact moment you ordered the game on a given day to determine your priority over an order from the same day via another distributor. I think BoF is doing it different then spooky in that it won’t be 50 direct then 50 dealer, but I highly it will get more detailed then when a distributor puts in an order. A lot of the people at BoF are from Spooky so he was probably primarily distinguishing the process from theirs.

#46 6 months ago

I’m still on the damn fence…. Hoping I can play one first before deciding. Too many games coming down the pipeline I’m interested in.

#47 6 months ago

Not quite my dream theme (that would've been Muppets) but it's still Henson and looks good. I've got a deposit in.

#48 6 months ago

Put my order in on the 15th with Zach so not too far from launch. Ordered all the accessories at the same time. Excited to get this one and it will be worth the wait.

#49 6 months ago

I put in my order on the 18th because the game play looked good and the theme is amazing for me. I’m delighted to hear all the great reviews on gameplay and sturdiness and the ways it follows the theme. I also like the layers of complexity- looks like it can be enjoyed simply or you can really dive into the specific challenges. I like the way various things change in the oubliette scene. So excited!

The next day I went back for the topper.

Dow the hall from where it will be are the two knockers I made for two of our doors. I also got the worm as a sculpture which will be on the windowsill over the game looking down.

1CCCF143-BB0D-4AE2-A0E1-70EB49FDC581 (resized).jpeg1CCCF143-BB0D-4AE2-A0E1-70EB49FDC581 (resized).jpeg39B87C8D-AB66-473D-8BFF-47956A81DECC (resized).jpeg39B87C8D-AB66-473D-8BFF-47956A81DECC (resized).jpegA3FED0A2-B6BF-45A1-8EE0-38AD94B57A9A (resized).jpegA3FED0A2-B6BF-45A1-8EE0-38AD94B57A9A (resized).jpeg
#50 6 months ago

Easy..just buy them all, then sell off what you don't want.

Quoted from JesseJames23:I’m still on the damn fence…. Hoping I can play one first before deciding. Too many games coming down the pipeline I’m interested in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 2,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.