(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4233 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).jpg
IMG_3632 (resized).jpg
IMG_3628 (resized).jpg
IMG_1994 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7478 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7482 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 48.
#1851 53 days ago

I got my action figures the other day. Not sure I'll use them in the machine, but I might try to mod them in somewhere. For anyone who wants them, go direct to the plastic meatball site and you'll get them for $15 each. Amazon and ebay scalpers have double or triple the prices.

PXL_20240320_132723980 (resized).jpgPXL_20240320_132723980 (resized).jpg
#1852 53 days ago

*Art director rage quits

TheBananaPeel69 ears must be ringing right about now.

#1853 53 days ago

Code bug on recent code epthegeek

Topper Goblins do not stop dancing for the rest of the game after Fireys mode.

I foresee a lot of burned out topper servos for location games.

#1854 53 days ago
Quoted from maastersplinter:

I got my action figures the other day. Not sure I'll use them in the machine, but I might try to mod them in somewhere. For anyone who wants them, go direct to the plastic meatball site and you'll get them for $15 each. Amazon and ebay scalpers have double or triple the prices.
[quoted image]

Hoggle isn't bad, but the others are a big no.

If you really wanted to add some figures to the game, I'd suggest you Google "Labyrinth Boardgame Minis". They have some pretty decent ones, including some great goblins in an expansion.

#1855 53 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Code bug on recent code epthegeek
Topper Goblins do not stop dancing for the rest of the game after Fireys mode.
I foresee a lot of burned out topper servos for location games.

It doesn’t do this every time, I’m still digging in to why it happens sometimes. But I was told those servos in the topper are big beefy things that not likely to have issues with the new dancing regimen.

And, of course, locations could turn off the dancing in the settings if they’d prefer.

#1856 53 days ago

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response

Quoted from epthegeek:

It doesn’t do this every time, I’m still digging in to why it happens sometimes. But I was told those servos in the topper are big beefy things that not likely to have issues with the new dancing regimen.

#1857 53 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I need to check the settings to see if we can turn off the toppers "dancing" during a song. All I hear are the constant whir of the servos over the song.

#1858 53 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And, of course, locations could turn off the dancing in the settings if they’d prefer.

...and locations don't know to avoid issues they don't know exist...

#1859 53 days ago

Hmm… im a location. I noticed and I posted so others can make necessary adjustments. Operators DO pay attention to this stuff.

Quoted from flynnibus:

...and locations don't know to avoid issues they don't know exist...

#1860 53 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I need to check the settings to see if we can turn off the toppers "dancing" during a song. All I hear are the constant whir of the servos over the song.

Settings -> Topper -> Dance to Specific Songs -- is where the enable/disable is.

#1861 53 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmm… im a location. I noticed and I posted so others can make necessary adjustments. Operators DO pay attention to this stuff.

if I ran out to my location games at every claim of an issue someone made about a games on pinside I'd never be home. My point was dismissing concerns for damage with the point there is a setting for is poor because prevention is only part of the problem. Preemptive knowledge is still necessary. If they have a known bug that can cause actual damage, I would expect the company (not random poster) to confirm and proactively let owners know how to address. Not just bag it as 'well they can avoid it if...' -- We can't avoid what we don't know we should be avoiding.

#1862 53 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Hoggle isn't bad, but the others are a big no.
If you really wanted to add some figures to the game, I'd suggest you Google "Labyrinth Boardgame Minis". They have some pretty decent ones, including some great goblins in an expansion.

I was just checking out those expansions last week. I might pick those up too since they are smaller. The details look pretty impressive. I'm a huge fan of the movie and have other things in my collection so if they end up in the pin or on a shelf, I'll be happy in the end.

#1863 53 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

if I ran out to my location games at every claim of an issue someone made about a games on pinside I'd never be home. My point was dismissing concerns for damage with the point there is a setting for is poor because prevention is only part of the problem. Preemptive knowledge is still necessary. If they have a known bug that can cause actual damage, I would expect the company (not random poster) to confirm and proactively let owners know how to address. Not just bag it as 'well they can avoid it if...' -- We can't avoid what we don't know we should be avoiding.

No one at the company is expecting excess dancing to cause damage or we wouldn't have added it.

#1864 53 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Settings -> Topper -> Dance to Specific Songs -- is where the enable/disable is.

Nice! Thanks!

#1865 53 days ago

Hotfix update for the TPF build is available. Finally figured out the cause of the Friend MB Starting crash, so another update seemed justified.

Direct Download is available now, wifi update download will be available soon (still uploading)

https://shop.kollectfun.com/code-update

Version: 2024.03.21
--------------------
ADDED: Items left until jackpot is lit counter on the friend icons

CHANGED: "Tournament" setting disables lost ball compensation in ball search.
CHANGED: Oubliette now does the thing Bowen thought it did.
CHANGED: Fairy targets on either side of center ramp don't cancel skillshot if grazed.
CHANGED: Chopped off the lower volume intro on the fireys song, cut the end to loop better.
CHANGED: Four Guards and Bog should process 'left orbit' on a BKMB super trap/release now.
CHANGED: Wiseman Quests will not repeat 'type' until all 5 have been played.
CHANGED: Wiseman Quests 'type' order is randomzied per game, consistent for all players.
CHANGED: U-Turn shots count as loops for the wiseman quest loops 'type'.
CHANGED: Added hard stops to the topper dancing at multiball ends, in addition to the music queues.

FIXED: Auto-launch setting changes would only apply after rebooting the game.
FIXED: Tilting during a running mode would not reset LABYRINTH letters on the next ball.
FIXED: A specific situation with the friend MB could leave Sir Didymus with no shot to collect.
FIXED: The Goblin City orb could be earned more than once.
FIXED: The Friend Multiball start crash is FIXED!

#1866 53 days ago

Yes but it was MY assumption that it may cause damage. And I was wrong. So no worries.

Quoted from flynnibus:

#1867 53 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes but it was MY assumption that it may cause damage. And I was wrong. So no worries.

And it’s fixed so all is well!

#1868 53 days ago

Yes, exactly.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

And it’s fixed so all is well!

#1869 53 days ago

Game just gets better and better with each update

#1870 53 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Game just gets better and better with each update

I think that's the general idea with software updates

#1871 53 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hotfix update for the TPF build is available. Finally figured out the cause of the Friend MB Starting crash, so another update seemed justified.
Direct Download is available now, wifi update download will be available soon (still uploading)
https://shop.kollectfun.com/code-update
Version: 2024.03.21
--------------------
ADDED: Items left until jackpot is lit counter on the friend icons
CHANGED: "Tournament" setting disables lost ball compensation in ball search.
CHANGED: Oubliette now does the thing Bowen thought it did.
CHANGED: Fairy targets on either side of center ramp don't cancel skillshot if grazed.
CHANGED: Chopped off the lower volume intro on the fireys song, cut the end to loop better.
CHANGED: Four Guards and Bog should process 'left orbit' on a BKMB super trap/release now.
CHANGED: Wiseman Quests will not repeat 'type' until all 5 have been played.
CHANGED: Wiseman Quests 'type' order is randomzied per game, consistent for all players.
CHANGED: U-Turn shots count as loops for the wiseman quest loops 'type'.
CHANGED: Added hard stops to the topper dancing at multiball ends, in addition to the music queues.
FIXED: Auto-launch setting changes would only apply after rebooting the game.
FIXED: Tilting during a running mode would not reset LABYRINTH letters on the next ball.
FIXED: A specific situation with the friend MB could leave Sir Didymus with no shot to collect.
FIXED: The Goblin City orb could be earned more than once.
FIXED: The Friend Multiball start crash is FIXED!

Do WiFi SIDs with spaces work now?

I have not been able to connect to my WiFi and folks have said that can be an issue if the SID contains spaces.

#1872 53 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Do WiFi SIDs with spaces work now?
I have not been able to connect to my WiFi and folks have said that can be an issue if the SID contains spaces.

No, unfortunately. I already wrap the network name in quotes on the command line when doing the connection, this still doesn’t work.

#1873 53 days ago

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck here most of the time and instead of saving, it just holds it tight until the post goes down and it drains?

IMG_2403 (resized).jpegIMG_2403 (resized).jpeg
#1874 53 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Has anyone had an issue with the ball getting stuck here most of the time and instead of saving, it just holds it tight until the post goes down and it drains?
[quoted image]

Needs more playfield angle and may need a slight nudge. Designed to not be a gimmie according to BoF

#1875 53 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

[quoted image]

It should give you a ball save anyway if it drains...

#1876 53 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No, unfortunately. I already wrap the network name in quotes on the command line when doing the connection, this still doesn’t work.

Tried escaping the spaces? Command line would require a forward slash for the space

#1877 52 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Tried escaping the spaces? Command line would require a forward slash for the space

Generally, you don't have to escape spaces or other special characters in a shell if you have them surrounded by quotes, as they previously stated they were.

But if that isn't working, the quotes could be getting stripped and escaping the spaces might help.

#1878 52 days ago

Needs more playfield angle and may need a slight nudge. Designed to not be a gimmie according to BoF

I have the front legs to the floor and the back legs raised all the way per their recommendations.

I can shake the machine pretty heavily and the ball won’t budge. It just sits in that pocket.

#1879 52 days ago

Super excited! I just assumed a pre-order slot from October! Can't wait.

#1880 52 days ago

Designed to not be a gimmie according to BoF

Is the particular game set up wrong, or was it designed that way, or was it just poorly designed. hmm.
Who intentionally designs a ball save mech where a ball will often just get stuck and then eventually drain. I don't think anyone would do that. I think it just doesn't work as consistently as they intended... but of course they don't want to admit it. Hence the software ball save to help compensate for it.

#1881 52 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Congrats and welcome to the maze!

#1882 52 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Is the particular game set up wrong, or was it designed that way, or was it just poorly designed. hmm.
Who intentionally designs a ball save mech where a ball will often just get stuck and then eventually drain. I don't think anyone would do that. I think it just doesn't work as consistently as they intended... but of course they don't want to admit it. Hence the software ball save to help compensate for it.

Anyone know if that up post can be disabled in software and just have the left outlane save function as a traditional outlane save?

#1883 52 days ago

It's a bummer when it doesn't work. Wonder if it could do something like a no-inlane detect after 2 seconds and do a rapid down / up to get a ball moving.

#1884 52 days ago

The post was an odd choice for sure. From the very beginning BOF has stated it was never intended as a 100% save. It's just a helper and that nudging was part of the plan. Having the ball sit there just feels weird. After getting complaints they implemented the software ball save.

Ppl that are joining the adventure now think it's a flaw but they don't have all the background, not that it changes how wrong the mech feels though compared to what we are used to. If it was meant as 100% save they could have saved on the BOM and just made it a software thing like Sterns.

Speaking of Sterns this save post is somewhat similar in use to the right outlane post/gate save on JAWS. Not a gimme and you need to nudge at just the right time.

I've found that if you don't wait for the ball to bounce but you nudge to ensure it does BEFORE it settles it usually works 90-95% of the time. I very rarely get hung up on that post now. My wife is the opposite. She gets hung up lots because she doesn't nudge much. Software save to the rescue for her

#1885 52 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The post was an odd choice for sure. From the very beginning BOF has stated it was never intended as a 100% save. It's just a helper and that nudging was part of the plan. Having the ball sit there just feels weird. After getting complaints they implemented the software ball save.
Ppl that are joining the adventure now think it's a flaw but they don't have all the background, not that it changes how wrong the mech feels though compared to what we are used to. If it was meant as 100% save they could have saved on the BOM and just made it a software thing like Sterns.
Speaking of Sterns this save post is somewhat similar in use to the right outlane post/gate save on JAWS. Not a gimme and you need to nudge at just the right time.

I'd be good with that, except when the ball gets trapped there no amount of nudging will free it. If it were understood that you have 2 seconds to nudge it out then it would have been better. It's the only part of the game I feel just isn't quite right.

#1886 52 days ago

You can turn the post hold time down in the settings also, so that you don't have to wait as long for results, whatever they may be; if you would like. The current code uses a shorter default setting, but if you've already run the game when the default used to be longer, it doesn't change it for you on an update.

#1887 52 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can turn the post hold time down in the settings also, so that you don't have to wait as long for results, whatever they may be; if you would like. Current code uses a shorter setting, but if you've already run the game when the default used to be longer, it doesn't change it for you on an update.

What's the current wait time on the post? Mine is on the older default.

Maybe put a "Reset to default settings" in the utilities menu at some point?

#1888 52 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

What's the current wait time on the post? Mine is on the older default.

If you go in to adjust it, the new 'default' would show as green text when you get there; but set it to whatever you like.

#1889 52 days ago

Duh. Makes total sense. I am dumb lol.

#1890 52 days ago

Flip N Out just posted they have a game to ship out at normal cost, somebody get on it!

Edit: customer posting his for sale that Flip N out supposedly has

#1891 52 days ago

Side note. Has anyone tried the covers on their website? Im mostly looking at the wrap around one and the leg carrier. While not needed, I feel like they can make taking a game to a show easier and you wont damage powder coating on legs. I wonder how soft/hard the covers are. If I fold the head down, will it rub the powder coating off?

Also, topper should arrive next week. Have to think about hair styles, despite the fact that it wont be useful until I get the game and figure out an extension cord for it. It will probably have to hide under the machine though. Part of me thinks Joe Dirt hair would be hilarious

#1892 52 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Flip N Out just posted they have a game to ship out at normal cost, somebody get on it!

Why not push to next on list? Gives me hope mine is coming soon if they are getting a batch

#1893 52 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Topper should arrive next week. Have to think about hair styles.

Trying to decide which of the goblins to have your own hair styled like?
Now that's what I call immersing yourself in the game's theme!

#1894 52 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Did they post it or did the current spotholder post it.

#1895 52 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Welcome to the family.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

It does work as it is intended as a skilled ball save, but what the team and I didn't really think about is how different the game setups varies in other locations and how wildly different those scenarios are. I will be the first one to admit to something being wrong and we are learning a lot about our games out in real locations and are adapting to those results.

Quoted from dashv:

I have the front legs to the floor and the back legs raised all the way per their recommendations.
I can shake the machine pretty heavily and the ball won’t budge. It just sits in that pocket.

If you find it sitting in that spot, raise the left front leg a couple of turns will reduce it. Also play with the post settings like Eric as mentioned and see what works best with your game. located in the feature settings called "didymus defense hold time".

Thank you for everyone's support, we are still recovering from the amazing TPF show.

IMG_2913 (resized).jpgIMG_2913 (resized).jpg
#1896 52 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

We did not post that

#1897 52 days ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Side note. Has anyone tried the covers on their website? Im mostly looking at the wrap around one and the leg carrier. While not needed, I feel like they can make taking a game to a show easier and you wont damage powder coating on legs. I wonder how soft/hard the covers are. If I fold the head down, will it rub the powder coating off?
Also, topper should arrive next week. Have to think about hair styles, despite the fact that it wont be useful until I get the game and figure out an extension cord for it. It will probably have to hide under the machine though. Part of me thinks Joe Dirt hair would be hilarious

I had a chance to look over the armor in person. I didn't look at the wrap for the legs, I can only guess it's similar to the protection for the cabinet based on the picture. What I did see was was double layered. The outer layer is a stiffer, durable nylon material. The inner layer is a much softer material that should protect the machine well from scratches. Demo model on the floor at TPF was well made. I'm adding a full set to be shipped with my machine.

#1898 52 days ago

Quick question for owners regarding the back box as I can’t really tell from pics. Is the back box similar sized and shaped to a stern or more in shape like a tradition Bally/williams or a JJP (outside of the back glass and screen positioning that is. I love the traditional slanted style on my JJP’s and hopeful this form factor is similar.

#1899 52 days ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Quick question for owners regarding the back box as I can’t really tell from pics. Is the back box similar sized and shaped to a stern or more in shape like a tradition Bally/williams or a JJP (outside of the back glass and screen positioning that is. I love the traditional slanted style on my JJP’s and hopeful this form factor is similar.

It's like a Wms/Bly backbox. When viewed from the side it's narrow at the bottom and wide at the top.

IMG_6807 (resized).jpegIMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
#1900 52 days ago
Quoted from Zenstar:

I had a chance to look over the armor in person. I didn't look at the wrap for the legs, I can only guess it's similar to the protection for the cabinet based on the picture. What I did see was was double layered. The outer layer is a stiffer, durable nylon material. The inner layer is a much softer material that should protect the machine well from scratches. Demo model on the floor at TPF was well made. I'm adding a full set to be shipped with my machine.

My concern is the powder coated rails when you wrap the head with the “cover”. I would probably still ratchet strap it and maybe foam in between on the rails. Its not expensive for what it does and could be worthwhile for me when I take games to shows. They are a great idea. I ordered the leg bag so that will tell me how the quality is. Hopefully good by the sounds of it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
11,900 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,373 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.