Screenshot_20240330-203539_Gallery.jpg
IMG_1236.jpeg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 99.
#4651 9 months ago
Quoted from Enjamb_ment:

I didn't think the AA batteries did anything but keep your score alive when you unplugged it? Saw a bit of corrosion on the far right one, changed them all out and the crane started moving again.

You must have bumped something else on the machine because the AA batteries are only for the score/settings retention for the Ram, nothing else.

#4652 9 months ago

So my machine has been pretty bullet proof since getting it, but just now I was playing and had two resets during play. It has never happens before. It happened when hitting both flippers at the same time. I also noticed that the back box lights dimmed when hitting both flippers. I can’t say I have noticed this happen quite as much as it did the last two games. I have no credit dots, and everything seems to be working as it should. Any ideas what to check?

#4653 9 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So my machine has been pretty bullet proof since getting it, but just now I was playing and had two resets during play. It has never happens before. It happened when hitting both flippers at the same time. I also noticed that the back box lights dimmed when hitting both flippers. I can’t say I have noticed this happen quite as much as it did the last two games. I have no credit dots, and everything seems to be working as it should. Any ideas what to check?

When the machine resets itself with a single or double flipper it's generally the 5V watchdog circuit tripping. This could be because of a failing 5V section but what i usually do first is refresh the connections between the driver board and the MPU (the short wired power plug that drives the mpu) I also check the 2 connectors at the right hand side of the driver board (beside the large caps) Just try re-seating those 3 connectors first and see if that helps. If the machine has been sitting around without being played then this has can help sometimes.

#4654 9 months ago

Mancave thank you for the reply. I’ll give those connections a look this morning.

#4655 9 months ago

So I checked and reset the connectors then I banged away double flipping the flippers and didn’t get a reset. Hopefully that’s all it was. If it continues I’ll get a new Rottendig MPU and then work on the original one.

#4656 9 months ago

So I checked and reset the connectors then I banged away double flipping the flippers and didn’t get a reset. Hopefully that’s all it was. If it continues I’ll get a new Rottendig MPU and then work on the original one.

Good to hear
It may not be a total fix cause it depends how old that 5V section is on the driver board. I've just found that my Getaway machine does this sometimes when i haven't played it for a while and the 5V section was rebuilt on that driver board so i know that side of it is good. A connector reset can sometimes be just the fix it requires, sometimes it's also a good idea to snip the wires off and redo the connection also. Having an IDC Pancon tool for this job is a great idea and worth the cost!!

#4657 9 months ago

That tool I definitely need. My main driver board is a Rottendog. The original one works fine but at some point in its life it got hot at a fuse and burned a hole through the board. I believe the last owner had some good skills and got it working well, I figured I’d be safe and keep it out of the machine for a back up. I have the plug in 5V reset board in my Demo man. I wonder if that would work for this in Dreed?

#4658 9 months ago

That tool I definitely need. My main driver board is a Rottendog. The original one works fine but at some point in its life it got hot at a fuse and burned a hole through the board. I believe the last owner had some good skills and got it working well, I figured I’d be safe and keep it out of the machine for a back up. I have the plug in 5V reset board in my Demo man. I wonder if that would work for this in Dreed?

I'll be honest, i had to use a Rottendog driver board on a project JD quite a few years ago, mainly cause it was missing the original board when i got the machine. The Rottendog gave me a little bit of trouble so that experience burned me just a tad I've heard good and bad reports from others about the boards too so it does seem to be hit and miss. A good tech friend once said to me that original boards are definitely preferred and easily repaired, unless of course they have been trashed by bad repair jobs. I don't have any personal experience with the 5V daughter boards for the reset but from what i've read about them and from what others have mentioned, they help for sure but technically speaking are masking the problem as opposed to a definitive fix, which can only be sorted by replacing the specific parts on the board. There is a thread here on Pinside about what needs replacing in the 5V section but off the top of my head i can't recall what the actual thread title was.

#4659 9 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I'll be honest, i had to use a Rottendog driver board on a project JD quite a few years ago, mainly cause it was missing the original board when i got the machine. The Rottendog gave me a little bit of trouble so that experience burned me just a tad I've heard good and bad reports from others about the boards too so it does seem to be hit and miss. A good tech friend once said to me that original boards are definitely preferred and easily repaired, unless of course they have been trashed by bad repair jobs. I don't have any personal experience with the 5V daughter boards for the reset but from what i've read about them and from what others have mentioned, they help for sure but technically speaking are masking the problem as opposed to a definitive fix, which can only be sorted by replacing the specific parts on the board. There is a thread here on Pinside about what needs replacing in the 5V section but off the top of my head i can't recall what the actual thread title was.

Not sure what issues you had but the Rottendog driver should run well in Judge Dredd. I used it in mine while rebuilding a basket case original. Since then I’ve lent it out locally as a loaner for two other Judge Dredd, a Twilight Zone, a Demolition man, and a Popeye while rebuilding boards for people.

#4660 9 months ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Not sure what issues you had but the Rottendog driver should run well in Judge Dredd. I used it in mine while rebuilding a basket case original. Since then I’ve lent it out locally as a loaner for two other Judge Dredd, a Twilight Zone, a Demolition man, and a Popeye while rebuilding boards for people

Main issue was blowing fuses due to having a certain amount of extra mods hooked up, there didn't seem to be much leeway for extra drain and before you ask, i had the EXACT same mods on my keeper machine which has a standard WPC era board with no issues at all. After removing a few mods from the project machine it was fine. None of the mods used motors or anything like that which can and do draw more amps, they were only LED mods. Rest of the machine had the same LEDS as my keeper machine (inserts, GI, etc) so the comparisons between the 2 machines were virtually identical. I've read about quite a few others who have had issues with Rottendog boards so it's not just my own experience. But like i said, i've read of quite a few good reviews too, hence why i mentioned it seemed to be hit and miss. I will definitely stand by what my tech mate said though, better off with original boards whenever possible.

#4661 9 months ago

I have original boards in just about all my games and prefer them too so I get it.

#4662 9 months ago

I just bought a Cliffy for the subway scoop, and I’m looking for some tips on how to install. What I want to do is use JB Weld KwikWood to fill in the wear on the scoop and then put the cliffys on. Also want to clean that area a bit and put on new rubbers. What playfield components would I have to take off to properly do the scoop repair? The less I have to take off the better! Anyone have experience with this, or have any tips? Thanks!

BA985D9D-5EB9-408C-AA26-76647205D97F (resized).jpegBA985D9D-5EB9-408C-AA26-76647205D97F (resized).jpeg1AC592C7-D753-4339-8F4B-76BC81170C78 (resized).jpeg1AC592C7-D753-4339-8F4B-76BC81170C78 (resized).jpegDCEBFB6A-AE27-4E5A-8035-561B523BF971 (resized).jpegDCEBFB6A-AE27-4E5A-8035-561B523BF971 (resized).jpeg9657E61C-3376-41AB-8404-7778B70C5E27 (resized).jpeg9657E61C-3376-41AB-8404-7778B70C5E27 (resized).jpeg200773C8-44A3-4867-A8C1-615C7B404535 (resized).jpeg200773C8-44A3-4867-A8C1-615C7B404535 (resized).jpeg8BA2651B-42C3-4AAA-B79A-FB5DBC185810 (resized).jpeg8BA2651B-42C3-4AAA-B79A-FB5DBC185810 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4664 9 months ago

Judge Dredd ramp update...

First I have a question for the JD owners. I purchased a very nice example of the game for the purpose of remaking the ramps. Ther are 4 ramps on the playfield, a subway that takes a ball from behind the J-U-D-G-E drop targets to the VUK that feeds the left flipper....then there is subway (2 piece) below the Dead World wheel that has an exit to the other subway. What I cannot figure out is how a ball can get into the 2 piece subway below the Dead World wheel. Am I missing something? It just looks non functional to me.

As far as the ramp reproduction is going, I have removed the four play field ramps and stripped them so I can get started on the molds for those. I will reproduce the subways if there is interest in those.

#4665 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

First I have a question for the JD owners. I purchased a very nice example of the game for the purpose of remaking the ramps. Ther are 4 ramps on the playfield, a subway that takes a ball from behind the J-U-D-G-E drop targets to the VUK that feeds the left flipper....then there is subway (2 piece) below the Dead World wheel that has an exit to the other subway. What I cannot figure out is how a ball can get into the 2 piece subway below the Dead World wheel. Am I missing something? It just looks non functional to me.
As far as the ramp reproduction is going, I have removed the four play field ramps and stripped them so I can get started on the molds for those. I will reproduce the subways if there is interest in those.

I can use a whole set of the 4 ramps on the playfield and know someone local that needs a couple sets as well. I think the subway is ok.

Really looking forward to these as I can finally finish my Judge Dredd.

#4666 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Subway does nothing. I’m speculating it was functional in the design stage but left out of the final. I always wondered if it was originally functional, where the entrance and exit would have been.

#4667 9 months ago
Quoted from zene10:

Subway does nothing. I’m speculating it was functional in the design stage but left out of the final. I always wondered if it was originally functional, where the entrance and exit would have been.

It actually does have an exit where it ties into the other subway....just no entrance. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps in some design the balls captured in the Dead World disk would fall into that subway, but even that would be a stretch as that upper subway stretches almost to the very back of the playfield. Weird.

So while others chime in, I am already leaning towards just reproducing the 4 upper playfield ramps but would also consider the functional subway if there is interest in that piece.

I will be making all 4 ramps out of my thicker .150" plastic as well for greater durability.

#4668 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It actually does have an exit where it ties into the other subway....just no entrance. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps in some design the balls captured in the Dead World would fall into that subway, but even that would be a stretch as that upper subway stretches almost to the very back of the playfield. Weird.
So while others chime in, I am already leaning towards just reproducing the 4 upper playfield ramps but would also consider the functional subway if there is interest in that piece.
I will be making all 4 ramps out of my thicker .150" plastic as well for greater durability.

I just want to say that you are AWESOME and thank you for taking this on and for all the ramps you've already done. You have saved a lot of games!

#4669 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It actually does have an exit where it ties into the other subway....just no entrance. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps in some design the balls captured in the Dead World disk would fall into that subway, but even that would be a stretch as that upper subway stretches almost to the very back of the playfield. Weird.

Please keep us posted!

I'm in for a full set. Mine are actually in pretty good shape, only one crack, and it's hidden.

I've just learned to buy reproductions when you can, as they might not be around forever. When I got my JD, Marcospec had 12 repro Dead World motors in stock. After buying the JD I was feeling poor, so I waited. By the time I felt rich enough to get one, they were sold out.

- Mark

#4670 9 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Count me in for a full set on the playfield. This is exciting.

#4671 9 months ago

My guess on the subway is that is just there to catch any stray balls and feed them back to the game. They probably wanted the area around the planet to be offset from the playfield and lit for the looks so they needed to account for air balls going in there. Guess they made the hole that large to not create any possible ball traps in the unused section between the inner and outer orbits, and the plastic even larger to give the impression of the underworld going on and on...
After all JD is from the very short period where cost in pinball machines was a secondary concern.

1 week later
#4672 8 months ago

I’m looking for this metal wire form piece that sits just above the subway and prevents the ball from getting stuck under the dead world ring. Anyone have one or know the part number? What a fun game to play, New dredd owner…how do I join this group?

IMG_1960 (resized).jpegIMG_1960 (resized).jpeg
#4673 8 months ago
Quoted from nhman:

I’m looking for this metal wire form piece that sits just above the subway and prevents the ball from getting stuck under the dead world ring. Anyone have one or know the part number? What a fun game to play, New dredd owner…how do I join this group?
[quoted image]

You probably will have to make one with the wire you can buy from the pinball parts suppliers. You just have to bend it to form.

#4674 8 months ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

You probably will have to make one with the wire you can buy from the pinball parts suppliers. You just have to bend it to form.

I’m getting ready to work on mine, I’ll look at it and if it’s not too difficult maybe I can make one for you?

#4675 8 months ago
Quoted from nhman:

[quoted image]

I have one (maybe 2).

#4676 8 months ago

Cool, part number is 12 7127. See pic. Is this the part you have?

Dredd (resized).pngDredd (resized).png
#4677 8 months ago
Quoted from nhman:

Cool, part number is 12 7127. See pic. Is this the part you have?
[quoted image]

Yes, this part.

20230825_143403 (resized).jpg20230825_143403 (resized).jpg
#4678 8 months ago

PM’d you my info.

#4679 8 months ago

In the club!

CDA8C22B-6BBA-4A38-B241-8FE58DFEA78B (resized).jpegCDA8C22B-6BBA-4A38-B241-8FE58DFEA78B (resized).jpeg
#4680 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

In the club!
[quoted image]

From one Shaker to another: Welcome to the club!

I have to ask: Shaker is my last name. Is it also yours, or a nickname?

- Mark

#4681 8 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

From one Shaker to another: Welcome to the club!
I have to ask: Shaker is my last name. Is it also yours, or a nickname?
- Mark

No, just a nickname. My friend calls me Da Shaker because of shaking the machine. I call him Da Statue, because he stands straight and tall, no shaking.
This game is pretty awesome. I can't believe it's not more popular. I'm a sucker for any WPC

#4682 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

No, just a nickname. My friend calls me Da Shaker because of shaking the machine. I call him Da Statue, because he stands straight and tall, no shaking.
This game is pretty awesome. I can't believe it's not more popular. I'm a sucker for any WPC

I guess I'll have to wait for another day to find a third cousin, twice removed.

JD is a keeper. I'm generally not a fan of widebody pins. I'm generally not a fan of "flow" pins. But JD does everything right, shot wise.

- Mark

#4683 8 months ago

Switch 85 trough 2 error

Keep getting this error on start up. When I test the switch by running a ball or credit card through each trough switch from under the playfield all register as working. I’ve read in posts from years ago that a fix is to play super game to exercise all the trough switches. Going to try that…anyone else had this issue?

#4684 8 months ago

I haven't had any issues with 85 yet, but i'm working on switch 61/62 now. I guess they are the same switch. Also, how many balls are supposed to be played on the average spell JUDGE multi-ball. I'm getting 4 ball and thought it was supposed to be 6. Is there an add a ball?

#4685 8 months ago
Quoted from nhman:

Switch 85 trough 2 error
Keep getting this error on start up. When I test the switch by running a ball or credit card through each trough switch from under the playfield all register as working. I’ve read in posts from years ago that a fix is to play super game to exercise all the trough switches. Going to try that…anyone else had this issue?

Do you have the Dead World Mod?

I don't remember the switch number, but when I was running ROM L-1AT, I would get a trough switch error unless I played a Super Game every 5th game or so.

This issue and lots of other issues were fixed by switching to ROM L-1D.

- Mark

#4686 8 months ago

That makes sense, I’ll order a new game rom. Thanks for replying! Dredd is a lot of fun to play.

#4687 8 months ago
Quoted from nhman:

That makes sense, I’ll order a new game rom. Thanks for replying! Dredd is a lot of fun to play.

I just ordered this rom from Mattsbasementarcade.com, also on Pinside.

#4688 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I haven't had any issues with 85 yet, but i'm working on switch 61/62 now. I guess they are the same switch. Also, how many balls are supposed to be played on the average spell JUDGE multi-ball. I'm getting 4 ball and thought it was supposed to be 6. Is there an add a ball?

It’s 4 ball for the regular deadworld multiball but it’s a six ball once you reach the Ultimate Challenge. It’s also a six ball multiball if you knock down all DREDD drop targets during two ball play in the super game.

#4689 8 months ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

It’s 4 ball for the regular deadworld multiball but it’s a six ball once you reach the Ultimate Challenge. It’s also a six ball multiball if you knock down all DREDD drop targets during two ball play in the super game.

Thank you. Sounds like my game is working correctly.

#4690 8 months ago

I just got this Bally from red bubble.com. Total cost-$6.97. You read it right, what a deal. I went with the transparent version, 4” long. Sure does make the coin door look better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4691 8 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Do you have the Dead World Mod?
I don't remember the switch number, but when I was running ROM L-1AT, I would get a trough switch error unless I played a Super Game every 5th game or so.
This issue and lots of other issues were fixed by switching to ROM L-1D.
- Mark

I added some new info to the changelog of L-1D. With this information it should be easier to decide whether you would like to install this software in your machine or stay away at all costs.....
The changelog can be found here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZIw12ZsJrQPYM95HFQdSYpVAdzgpgJjAD7

#4692 8 months ago
Quoted from KoP:

I added some new info to the changelog of L-1D. With this information it should be easier to decide whether you would like to install this software in your machine or stay away at all costs.....
The changelog can be found here: https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZIw12ZsJrQPYM95HFQdSYpVAdzgpgJjAD7

If you are running the Dead World Mod, and your machine is compatible (see KoP's link): This is the way!

- Mark

#4693 8 months ago

Updated mods for your favourite pinball, check the updated gallery:

https://www.dystopicpinball.com/my-pinball-gallery/judge-dredd

if need info, just send me a mail or a whatsapp message.

thanks

1 week later
#4694 8 months ago

The cooling towers made by Devilsmuse are amazing. They’re well made and fill the space perfectly. Thanks again!

AF8287D5-E60D-4233-B00E-2CAEF444CF57 (resized).jpegAF8287D5-E60D-4233-B00E-2CAEF444CF57 (resized).jpeg
#4695 8 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

The cooling towers made by Devilsmuse are amazing. They’re well made and fill the space perfectly. Thanks again!
[quoted image]

Wow didn't take you long to install ! Looks awesome.

1 week later
#4696 7 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Any further ramps reproduction update?

#4697 7 months ago

Okay, had my JD as swapped for a few months now.....had other priorities, but almost time to turn my attention on a partial restore on my JD, first think off the rank, which I'm sure is a comment thing on this game, is my right flipper switch design is much more sensitive than the left, what are people's experiencing in balancing these out to give the same switch resistance....I hate it when they are out of balance

#4698 7 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Okay, had my JD as swapped for a few months now.....had other priorities, but almost time to turn my attention on a partial restore on my JD, first think off the rank, which I'm sure is a comment thing on this game, is my right flipper switch design is much more sensitive than the left, what are people's experiencing in balancing these out to give the same switch resistance....I hate it when they are out of balance

#4699 7 months ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

If it's like mine then one side has a plastic actuator and the other side is metal so that makes a difference i feel. One side has more tension.

#4700 7 months ago

Just put my Dredd w Deadworld mod on route
Wish it luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collingswood, NJ
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Simsbury, CT
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,902 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.