IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9542 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9538 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 98.
#1 11 years ago

There has been SO much love given to this game that I thought I would start our own "members only thread". Of course this is a name only and all are welcome. But please. If you are a fan of your Dredd Machine. Post your adulation here for all to see!

MY favorite thing about Judge Dredd is the art package. I LOVE the look of this machine. from the eagle to the large dredd on his bike on the sides. It just a sharp looking machine. The deadworld lock, whether stock or modified. is a great toy and it fits perfectly with the theme.

#2 11 years ago

As a proud JD owner let me also voice my adulation.

#3 11 years ago

It was only a matter of time for this thread!

#4 11 years ago

First pinball game purchase.. The modes are the coolest part and the secret "eggs?" ..

#5 11 years ago

Can I join?

#6 11 years ago

DSCN1061.JPGDSCN1061.JPG

#7 11 years ago

Just picked up JD, Lah and SS on Tuesday. I like JD a lot so far but just getting into it. Are there any must have things to buy for it? Also love how you can get a bunch of different shot combos going and it flows great as long as you're on your game.

#8 11 years ago

the game feels like it's made out of steel...

love it!

-jon

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Just picked up JD, Lah and SS on Tuesday. I like JD a lot so far but just getting into it. Are there any must have things to buy for it? Also love how you can get a bunch of different shot combos going and it flows great as long as you're on your game.

a lot of folks swear by the deadworld mod for the ball lock. I haven't done it yet. Pinbits has it for 60 bucks.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

a lot of folks swear by the deadworld mod for the ball lock. I haven't done it yet. Pinbits has it for 60 bucks.

I'm guessing it just makes the ball locking feature work better? Or is there something more to it? Mine seems to work fine.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm guessing it just makes the ball locking feature work better? Or is there something more to it? Mine seems to work fine.

no, it actually has the capability to make it work worse. The ball lock becomes extremely sensitive to having all the switches work properly. In it's factory configuration, the crane can be broken and the game will work. not the case with the deadworld mod. What it does, though, is returns the game to its originally designed configuration. The balls orbit around the planet rather than being virtual locks with only the third working on the planet ring. It's pretty cool but I have never played a working one. Thats why I am inclined to leave mine for now. It is only 60 bucks though so I plan to order it soon to give it a try.

#12 11 years ago

I have one of them. Can I be in the club?

#13 11 years ago

Finally, a place where we can talk about all things that we Dredd.

#14 11 years ago

I figured with 3 dredds you were the honorary chair. Until there is a leverage buyout

#15 11 years ago

Oh sure, I had to move Dredd and NOW you start the club!

#16 11 years ago

I want to join

cliffypost.jpgcliffypost.jpg

#17 11 years ago

I'm in -

image.jpgimage.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Dredd is my favorite pin from my collection. I went to the pinball wizard arcade last summer and it is one of the pin that caught my attention out of the 100 pins that are there. I moded the dead world and I think it is really worth it (when you can adjust everything to make it work right). The guy I bought it from also put a judge death figurine near the sniper tower, I added police flasher under and behind the cab and red light in the two shooter lanes. I'll post pictures when I'll have the time.

#19 11 years ago

Great thread

JDREDDREDD.jpgJDREDDREDD.jpg JDHighScore.jpgJDHighScore.jpg

#20 11 years ago

More

JDBACKBOX.jpgJDBACKBOX.jpg JDBLACKBALLS.jpgJDBLACKBALLS.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Love my game, my high score is in the pictures above. I have modified lots on my game. Here is my list:

Red legs, red backbox, lockdown bar, and side rails
Red pincab protectors
Gold leg botlts
Black captive nuclear balls from Back alley(look much better in person)
Judge Death Toy in the sniper tower
cointaker premium supers everywhere(just finished the backbox this weekend)
Red LED strip in the back
Added two spotlights, one pointing to the middle and one on the JUDGE DEATH TOY
Red LED flipper buttons
Yellow star posts in the slings, clear in the subway entrance
Colored rubber posts
Red flipper rubbers
Added Eagle Topper(actually have 2 now)

#22 11 years ago

Love jd may flog it to get a better one

#23 11 years ago

Its pretty much a " DREDD THREAD" Judge for yourself

#24 11 years ago

Former owner. JD was my first pin-purchase. Ah, the memories!

Turkey!

#25 11 years ago

When I first designed the P-ROC, I had a JD and used it as a dev platform for custom custom software. The result was a new, custom ruleset for JD, deeper than the original rules and functionality complete, including a 4-stage wizard mode (alternately enabled via the supergame button).

After getting some volunteer help with voice calls, music, and DMD artwork and animations, the game turned out pretty well, though it could admittedly stand some more work on dots.

We demo'd this custom JD code at Chicago Expo in 2010, letting people play it throughout the weekend.

Unfortunately, I sold the JD and moved on to bigger and better things (Multimorphic and the P3!!!), but the code is free and open-source, and anybody can install a P-ROC and play the code on their machines.

Wiki page: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/wiki/JD_rules
Source code: https://github.com/preble/JD-pyprocgame
Discussion forums: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?board=12.0
How to buy a P-ROC: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com

If anybody wants to revive and take ownership of this project, PM me. Since the code is all written in python, you don't need to be a low level software expert.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#26 11 years ago

I'm IN!

DREDD.JPGDREDD.JPG

#27 11 years ago

This P-Roc code sounds really interesting. I would love to play the new rules that I just read about. Sounds interesting, but it may be more than I am willing to do on my game.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

There has been SO much love given to this game that I thought I would start our own "members only thread". Of course this is a name only and all are welcome. But please. If you are a fan of your Dredd Machine. Post your adulation here for all to see!
MY favorite thing about Judge Dredd is the art package. I LOVE the look of this machine. from the eagle to the large dredd on his bike on the sides. It just a sharp looking machine. The deadworld lock, whether stock or modified. is a great toy and it fits perfectly with the theme.

Proud Dredd owner here.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

This P-Roc code sounds really interesting. I would love to play the new rules that I just read about. Sounds interesting, but it may be more than I am willing to do on my game.

FYI - If you decide to install a P-ROC and this custom code, you do *not* lose the ability to play the original rules. Any machine with a P-ROC can still play original game rules through pinmame. We've added the hooks to pinmame so it can drive a real machine through a P-ROC.

There's a whole forum section dedicated to this: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

That's what I used when developing the software... switching back and forth with a software command. Since then, some of our customers have developed 'launcher' software that can switch back and forth between original and custom code via button combos.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#30 11 years ago

Ahhh! I've never played a Dredd! Anybody in Jersey have one so I can play?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I figured with 3 dredds you were the honorary chair. Until there is a leverage buyout

I'm too busy swappin' parts back and forth. Speakin' of parts, I hope somebody starts makin' um now that so many people are lovin' this game!

#32 11 years ago

I would join but I am about to list mine! Very nice condition with dw mod and led's.

2200 if interested!

#33 11 years ago

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

#34 11 years ago

Don't sell the Dredd!!!!! That's a decent price. I paid a hair more than that for mine. Super nice condition. I looked at a couple cheaper ones but they were all beat up and faded. I chose to pay a bit more for a nice one. Still need to add Deadworld mod!

#35 11 years ago

Pinitration, did you do the traffic jam yet? Thats the same guy from CFTBL. He also makes cameos in ToM and I believe SS. Maybe others.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinitration, did you do the traffic jam yet? Thats the same guy from CFTBL. He also makes cameos in ToM and I believe SS. Maybe others.

No I didn't. I played a few Supergames last night though. I think he makes a cameo on Junkyard as well. There is a "move your car" mode and the dude shoots an RPG at a car at a drive in. Pretty sure it's the guy from Creetch.

I always like characters from other games making cameos. Like in my NBAFB the concessions guy on the playfield is "Crazy Bob" from junkyard. I like little things like that.

#37 11 years ago

Me too! A couple of weeks ago while I was throwing down on TFTC. Surfside was battling Dredd while CM was playing Creech. I just had to stop and go over there when I heard dueling "Move your car" modes coming out of both machines at the same time! How cool is that!

#38 11 years ago

I'm selling mine. Deadworld Mod (no topper) Great shape, works 100%. 1850$

Local Sale (Boston MA area).

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just had to stop and go over there when I heard dueling "Move your car" modes coming out of both machines at the same time! How cool is that!

HAHA! That's awesome!

Quoted from damionrowe:

I'm selling mine. Deadworld Mod (no topper) Great shape, works 100%. 1850$

Local Sale (Boston MA area).

I would post a FS ad and not put it in a JD Members thread. Hard to sell a Dredd to people that already have one....

#40 11 years ago

I have the brand new topper from Illinois pinball i might sell for 80.00 plus shipping my basement ceiling is too low for the topper my loss your gain

#41 11 years ago

Chris checking in from Zompton, IL

I purchased my Dredd back in November.
I added the DeadWorld mod and IPB topper, still have a little bit of work left on the machine before I bring it in my basement.

#42 11 years ago

Finally a members only thread I can join!

So if I find a topper for my JD - where do I get that bracket from? Can they be made?

#43 11 years ago

You really don't have to buy any special bracket for the game. Just go to home depot and by and L shaped brackets. They work fine. $2 total cost.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Finally a members only thread I can join!
So if I find a topper for my JD - where do I get that bracket from? Can they be made?

if you want a "factory" one. Mad amusements has them for 24 bucks.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can they be made?

Even that metal plumbers tape would probably work.

#46 11 years ago

A little mod I'm working on. Going to add some lights inside and hook them the the meltdown light so when it is flashing the towers will flash. The # 3 tower will have to be cut some to fit, # 1 needs decal applied.

Towers.jpgTowers.jpg

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

A little mod I'm working on. Going to add some lights inside and hook them the the meltdown light so when it is flashing the towers will flash. The # 3 tower will have to be cut some to fit, # 1 needs decal applied.

Awesome!

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

thats pretty cool. Where did you get the tower things?

#49 11 years ago

or the decals?

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

thats pretty cool. Where did you get the tower things?

Towers are the ones from DE Simpsons.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collingswood, NJ
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 98.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dredd-owners-thread-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.