(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 310.
#15401 13 days ago

I bust setup a used le and the gunslinger post don’t pop up during a gun fight,they work in test and all switches also work any thoughts
I believe all is good I did not understand the rules.
Thanks.

#15402 13 days ago

Disregard the post above,I see the gunfight post don’t popup all the time and there is a difference between gunfight and quick draw.

Thanks.

#15403 12 days ago

Thank you. My friend already got a new engine. We just thought we could save ourselves the hassle of dismantling it since we assumed the engine would work. Because everything works in the test menu. I also probably need the tools and a replacement set of grub screws for the mandrel on the engine.

#15404 12 days ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

If that doesn’t solve his problem, several of us had faulty train motors. However, Problem seemed to exist from day 1 of game play but mine behaved similar to your description…wouldn’t move during game play but worked fine in test. CGC replaced train motor promptly after filing a warranty ticket.

Thank you. My friend already got a new engine. We just thought we could save ourselves the hassle of dismantling it since we assumed the engine would work. Because everything works in the test menu. I also probably need the tools and a replacement set of grub screws for the mandrel on the engine.

#15405 12 days ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

I found disconnecting the train wiring under the playfield, snipping all the zip ties, and removing the entire train and tracks with a couple of screws the best way to replace the motor. Must easier than working in the game and all soldering can be done away from the game to avoid damage. Best luck

#15406 11 days ago

I see that the top right windows on my le topper,left top right and right top right dont light.
Normal?

#15407 11 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see that the top right windows on my le topper,left top right and right top right dont light.
Normal?

Top right window on either building doesn't light on mine. You can go into Test Menu -> Lighting Tests -> Toper LED Tests, and cycle thru all the LED's that should light.

#15408 11 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Normal?

Normal.

#15409 11 days ago

Another new Sheriff in town, picked up the game on trade today. SE with the alt trans light, game plays great had 66 lifetime plays on it.

Gotta catch up with the important post in this thread, but anything a must-do our check early on the game?

I ordered a set of train tracks to dress up the se playfield as I really like that look from the LE.

IMG_2138 (resized).jpegIMG_2138 (resized).jpegIMG_2139 (resized).jpegIMG_2139 (resized).jpegIMG_2145 (resized).jpegIMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
#15410 11 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Another new Sheriff in town, picked up the game on trade today. SE with the alt trans light, game plays great had 66 lifetime plays on it.
Gotta catch up with the important post in this thread, but anything a must-do our check early on the game?
I ordered a set of train tracks to dress up the se playfield as I really like that look from the LE.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your game room looks fantastic

#15411 11 days ago

Is the most recent code 1.0.1? I don't see an update on the website and hadn't heard of anyone doing an update so I assume so.

#15412 10 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is the most recent code 1.0.1? I don't see an update on the website and hadn't heard of anyone doing an update so I assume so.

There haven't been any code updates for this title. It shipped complete from CGC. At some point in the future there will be a bonus "extended" code offered for sale. No ETA

#15413 10 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Your game room looks fantastic

Thank you! Not shown is my Strike Master shuffle bowler that I love and a nascar driving game. Super lucky to be able to have all this. I do wish it was easier to get stuff in and out lol

#15414 9 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There haven't been any code updates for this title. It shipped complete from CGC. At some point in the future there will be a bonus "extended" code offered for sale. No ETA

Wonder if this will ever happen … crickets on this for sure .

#15415 8 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

I took a gamble with a beautiful le and am hoping this code comes this year.

#15416 8 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

It's definitely coming, just a matter of when.

Quoted from rockrand:

I took a gamble with a beautiful le and am hoping this code comes this year.

Personally, I feel like we'll see it this year. Just reading between the lines so to speak. Occasionally ifpapinball drops in here and gives us some news/clues.

#15417 8 days ago

It's definitely coming, just a matter of when.

Give CGC a break its only been 3 years so whats another couple

#15418 7 days ago

I’m not waiting for the code, good game I’ve enjoyed it but I’m moving it on to someone that will enjoy it hopefully more than me. The initial wait for this game took the shine off for me and when I received it there was no real excitement, the exclusivity has diminished and the pineapple still remains….enough rambling but I know it’s time for it to go with the pineapple. So long peeps.

#15419 7 days ago

Selling too, shame such a great game but too long waiting for anything on the code, jjp and Dutch making great games too, thanks for all the great advice and tips

#15420 7 days ago

Lol, have you played the original?? This is a remake from a 1995 pin folks. If you're expecting toys and flashy video, this was NEVER for you. The new code is light years from what Williams ended up with on this pin. Anything beyond this is just extra.. If it's not for you move the F on and quit whining..

#15421 6 days ago

Help!
Unfortunately I can't find any information about the grub screws in the motor that controls the belt from the train. This small screw for the mandrel on the engine cannot be found in the manual on pages 82/83. Can someone help me here? Thank you.

#15422 6 days ago

Is the mine supposed to block the ball at times,my mine still lets a ball through at the lowest point?

Thanks.

#15423 6 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Is the mine supposed to block the ball at times,my mine still lets a ball through at the lowest point?
Thanks.

The mine always allows balls to enter

#15424 6 days ago

I know the code is not as deep as we all would like but this game is still mega fun. The new code is, as others have said, just a bonus. Plus the game is built super solid not like new Stern's with craters after 100 games.

If CGC does some more remakes and we hope they do, only thing that would be nice is to have a bit more exclusivity on the LE's as what they did with CC was not cool in one way.

Still the best bang for your $$ in pinball

#15425 6 days ago

I just picked mine up, but really love the game so far. It plays better than the new Stern's I've had and much prefer the CGC XL screen to the laptop screens on sterns. New code would be cool if/when it comes out, I'd say I'm surprised it's taken this long, but this is CGC so you have to expect it to take 3x as long as you'd think it should.

#15426 6 days ago
Quoted from ottodawg:

Lol, have you played the original?? This is a remake from a 1995 pin folks. If you're expecting toys and flashy video, this was NEVER for you. The new code is light years from what Williams ended up with on this pin. Anything beyond this is just extra.. If it's not for you move the F on and quit whining..

Not whining however the game just it is very easy to complete even for a basic player so the new code that has been talked about for more than a year would have been great but cgc seem to lack in getting anything done

#15427 6 days ago

I must be sooooo bad at pinball.

#15428 6 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I must be sooooo bad at pinball.

Me too I have only had a sniff at High Noon once......

#15429 6 days ago

Haven’t played my CC in a few months and decided to have a session with it and ended up with a new GC. I’m in the same boat as others waiting for the new code and hoping it adds depth and a bit more challenge. With all that said it’s definitely a fun game just feels a little bit repetitive.

IMG_0158.jpegIMG_0158.jpegIMG_0159.jpegIMG_0159.jpegIMG_0160.jpegIMG_0160.jpeg
#15430 6 days ago

My high score is like 50M

#15431 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Not whining however the game just it is very easy to complete even for a basic player so the new code that has been talked about for more than a year would have been great but cgc seem to lack in getting anything done

Have you adjusted any of the settings? It does come rather easy and generous with extra balls. A few tweaks like limiting extra balls, increasing gunfight difficulty, etc makes it a lot more challenging.

#15432 6 days ago

Alright...Alright, I played it and did do 82M but that's by far the best game I've ever played on it. Previous high was 46M

#15433 6 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Alright...Alright, I played it and did do 82M but that's by far the best game I've ever played on it. Previous high was 46M

You must be playing it with the glass on.

#15434 6 days ago

Yeah from factory it's easy, I finished the game quickly, and I'm not a good player. I adjusted the settings especially to limit the extra balls, and I haven't completed the game again.

Pinsider Tranquilize suggested these settings, which is similar to what I changed. I copied information below his review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---- C A C T U S ~ C A N Y O N ~ S E T T I N G S -----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original settings are in parentheses ()

PHYSICAL GAME ADJUSTMENTS
-- Set PF to 8.5 degrees. Very steep. This is VERY important.
-- Set all sling leaf switches to 1mm

STANDARD RULE ADJUSTMENTS
-- Max EX B Count: 1
-- Game restart - Never - just say no to ball one restarts!

FEATURE RULE ADJUSTEMENTS
-- Ball save time - 7 (4) - Skill shot sucks up a bunch of time.
-- Q-Draw Difficulty: Extra Hard
-- Light Quick Draw Difficulty: Hard
-- Q-Draws for EXB: Off
-- Combos for star: 12 (10)
-- Num bart bros: 4 (3) - This makes a huge difference
-- Polly EXB: No
-- Gun Fight Time: 3 (6) - You get ONE shot, two if you get an instant rebound. Waaaaaaay better.

REMAKE RULE ADJUSTEMENTS
-- Bart Bros EX B: Off

LIGHTING
-- PF LED Brightness: -1
-- Backbox Brightness: -2
-- Gun Flasher Brightness: -3

#15435 6 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

I got tired of saving Polly from the Falls. Admittedly, I only had 2 pins at that time.

It's a super fun 90s game with step up easy rules and a beautiful overall update from CGC. It just needs more variety like the Bionic Bart. I bought mine secondhand and a little later hoping CGC would finish the addition. After 8 months, I was done saving Polly with nothing else left to do.

CCR did make it with me longer than the Deadpool I traded for afterwards, though. And ironically after DP I ended up with a Lyman coded game that is finished...

#15436 6 days ago

I’ve completed High Noon multiple times. But I don’t get to high noon every time I play. I need to set it up harder but my wife never comes close and this is her favorite game. So if I make it harder she probably won’t play it.

#15437 6 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Yeah from factory it's easy, I finished the game quickly, and I'm not a good player. I adjusted the settings especially to limit the extra balls, and I haven't completed the game again.
Pinsider Tranquilize suggested these settings, which is similar to what I changed. I copied information below his review
-- Gun Fight Time: 3 (6) - You get ONE shot, two if you get an instant rebound. Waaaaaaay better.
REMAKE RULE ADJUSTEMENTS
LIGHTING

Just curious does the game feel better to you now that you can’t make it to the wizard mode? I guess it’s a tricky thing to get right for coders. If it’s too easy people say “it needs more” and if it’s too difficult people say “I’ll never get to play the wizard mode” but my opinion is if they spend all that time and effort coding a wizard mode it should definitely be played more than once in a lifetime.

#15438 6 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just curious does the game feel better to you now that you can’t make it to the wizard mode? I guess it’s a tricky thing to get right for coders. If it’s too easy people say “it needs more” and if it’s too difficult people say “I’ll never get to play the wizard mode” but my opinion is if they spend all that time and effort coding a wizard mode it should definitely be played more than once in a lifetime.

Wizard modes should be exceptionally rare IMHO. My settings posted above make the game so much more fun. The only way to shoot for extra ball is via the beer mug, which makes me actually care about that shot, and it coincides with the topper mode. The quick draw being only one shot is 1000% better.

I haven't made it to high noon with these settings yet, but I know it's makeable. It brings me back for more. Great game with these settings. SHIT game without.

#15439 6 days ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

Help!
Unfortunately I can't find any information about the grub screws in the motor that controls the belt from the train. This small screw for the mandrel on the engine cannot be found in the manual on pages 82/83. Can someone help me here? Thank you.

What’s the item number, 22?

Robert

#15440 6 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

REMAKE RULE ADJUSTEMENTS
LIGHTING

These settings are right about where I have my game after a couple weeks of dialing it in.

Also open up the outlanes at least 65%.

This make the game FUN, ENJOYABLE with good ball times for multiplayer games.

The mission is to have FUN, and once in a while "get on a roll" to blow the score up.

And once in a great while get to high noon.

The game is amazing, witty, sarcastic with GREAT Williams style humor.

People who say its too easy, dont know how to set up a game.

If you are getting to high noon on ball one, remove the outlane posts.

My game is BRUTAL, yet balanced.

TONS of fun!

#15441 5 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

What’s the item number, 22?
Robert

Hello Robert, PIN-14-HTSOG37C-No, I need the mandrel for the motor, the Allen screw, a small black hexagon socket

#15442 5 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

These settings are right about where I have my game after a couple weeks of dialing it in.
Also open up the outlanes at least 65%.
This make the game FUN, ENJOYABLE with good ball times for multiplayer games.
The mission is to have FUN, and once in a while "get on a roll" to blow the score up.
And once in a great while get to high noon.
The game is amazing, witty, sarcastic with GREAT Williams style humor.
People who say its too easy, dont know how to set up a game.
If you are getting to high noon on ball one, remove the outlane posts.
My game is BRUTAL, yet balanced.
TONS of fun!

I found just pulling the rubber from the outlane posts was pretty effective without removing the post. My outlanes were all the way open from factory and I have just left them that way. I think I have only made it to 350ish and rarely get high noon.

#15443 5 days ago

Just looked backed to see when I had taken delivery, today is my 2 year anniversary 4/26/2022.

Here's to many more

#15444 5 days ago
Quoted from great-hosts:

Hello Robert, PIN-14-HTSOG37C-No, I need the mandrel for the motor, the Allen screw, a small black hexagon socket

I'd contact CGC and see what they say.

Robert

#15445 5 days ago

I have a SE+ and I was thinking about buying the LE side armor, legs and lock down. I was also thinking about getting the eville pinball side armor but I can't decide. I mean if eville had the side armor in the LE color it would be perfect. Thoughts? Has anyone with a SE or SE+ put the LE trim on it or has anyone tried eville's custom side armor?

#15446 4 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

I have a SE+ and I was thinking about buying the LE side armor, legs and lock down. I was also thinking about getting the eville pinball side armor but I can't decide. I mean if eville had the side armor in the LE color it would be perfect. Thoughts? Has anyone with a SE or SE+ put the LE trim on it or has anyone tried eville's custom side armor?

I have the eville side armor and really like it. The LE armor blends in too much with the rest of the art in my opinion.

#15447 4 days ago

Just pull your existing pieces and get them powder coated. You can then have it be any color you want

#15448 4 days ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
After a couple of weeks of CC not being used, the train on my LE is moving extremely slowly, both forwards and backwards.
It is happening at the short start-up forward/backward, during game play and when I go into test. It is so slow, you have to look hard to see it moving.
Before I report it to CGC, has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix?
Thanks.
Roger

Hi,
Did you resolve this. Mine is doing the same thing.
Thanks
Mario.

#15449 4 days ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Quoted from joelbob:

I have the eville side armor and really like it. The LE armor blends in too much with the rest of the art in my opinion.

This photo doesn't do justice for the pistol side armor. And I agree with joelbob blend-in assessment. The SE brushed aluminum looks better, add in the Eville side armor and you've got the best combo.

Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
#15450 4 days ago
Quoted from c_mario:

Hi,
Did you resolve this. Mine is doing the same thing.
Thanks
Mario.

Search the thread. It's been discussed several times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

6,945 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis, MO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

There are 15,465 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/309 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.