(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,452 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 310.
#15301 33 days ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Don't forget Planetary licensing costs and margin set aside for dealers/distributors

So, ifpapinball I know you've been pretty tight lipped when it comes to details, giving us just enough info to keep us salivating. Regarding the price, can you at least tell us, should we expect a 3 figure or 4 figure price point? If it's 4, I'm out.

#15302 33 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, ifpapinball I know you've been pretty tight lipped when it comes to details, giving us just enough info to keep us salivating. Regarding the price, can you at least tell us, should we expect a 3 figure or 4 figure price point? If it's 4, I'm out.

I honestly have no idea where it's going to land. It's impossible to price a product when you don't know what the final development costs are, don't know what the production BOM is, don't know what the sales projections are (this product has a built-in limited number that can be sold since it can only be sold to existing Cactus remake owners).

CGC always intends on making sure the price they set provides a great value to their customers while making sure they can also make enough profit to fund the next project in development. I feel like CGC has done that with every product they've launched and imagine they will use that same process when pricing out this kit.

#15303 33 days ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I honestly have no idea where it's going to land. It's impossible to price a product when you don't know what the final development costs are, don't know what the production BOM is, don't know what the sales projections are (this product has a built-in limited number that can be sold since it can only be sold to existing Cactus remake owners).
CGC always intends on making sure the price they set provides a great value to their customers while making sure they can also make enough profit to fund the next project in development. I feel like CGC has done that with every product they've launched and imagine they will use that same process when pricing out this kit.

Fair enough, thanks for the insight. I'll sit tight, keep my fingers crossed and see what CGC decides in the end.

#15304 33 days ago

Patiently waiting for my SE+ in the UK.

This will only be my second NIB after around 15 years in the hobby because I know the Lyman/Josh code update is going to take this game over the top!

#15305 33 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

but if its north of $250 for the whole upgrade works you can count a lot of owners out.

$250 would be a steal IMHO. Have you visited the Marketplace lately??

#15306 33 days ago

is the topper really worth it? I know it's interactive, but for those that have it, is it engaging ?

#15307 33 days ago

Assuming we're talking about the one that came on my le then yes it's really cool and the gunfight is cool and it looks cool I'm not a Topper guy and I never would have spent that kind of money to add it though

Quoted from 3pinballs:is the topper really worth it? I know it's interactive, but for those that have it, is it engaging ?

#15308 33 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

is the topper really worth it? I know it's interactive, but for those that have it, is it engaging ?

Worth it?

Logically, no. $1250 is a lot to pay for a topper involved in a small portion of game play (though an outright bargain compared to $2k for Foo Fighters)

Emotionally? It’s the best topper in pinball and a brilliant compliment to the game.

For me, it’s absolutely worth it. LE or SE+ and the optional upgrade kit will be the best version of Cactus Canyon. Why wouldn’t you want the best?

#15309 33 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Emotionally? It’s the best topper in pinball and it a brilliant compliment to the game.

For me, it’s absolutely worth it. LE or SE+ and the optional upgrade kit will be the best version of Cactus Canyon. Why wouldn’t you want the best?

You're killing me LOL....now I have to pony up for the LE !

#15310 33 days ago

what's the height of machine with topper, I can't find info on Chicago gamings site

#15311 33 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what's the height of machine with topper, I can't find info on Chicago gamings site

Did you check the FAQ?

84.5” with necessary clearance for the arms.

#15312 33 days ago

Thank you, I forgot about the FAQ's 307 pages earlier.

#15313 33 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

YES, get it, don't look back!☺

#15314 33 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

It’s fun to watch Bart draw his gun, fire and take hits when things on the playfield happen. Some movement is incorporated with his taunts and of course the minigame mode! It’s enjoyable to have. Necessary? No.

#15315 33 days ago

I've always assumed there would be a good chance I'll be priced out of the upgrade. 1k and under is what I want. There's a good chance I won't get what I want... It is pinball, afterall.

#15316 33 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you check the FAQ?
84.5” with necessary clearance for the arms.

There's a FAQ ?!?!?!?!!! Wuh?

#15317 33 days ago

$1000 not a penny more.

#15319 33 days ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I don't want to poop on anyone. I just wanted to make a point that even very popular distributors screw up from time to time. I've had 11 out of 11 purchases went very well with Pinballs.com/Automated Services (including MBLE and CCRLE). That has to count for something.
The distributor I was mentioning was just so shockingly disinterested with the problems I had, they just pushed me onto the manufacturer right away ...this was on the day it was delivered...this wasn't an issue a month or two later. Oh, just in case anyone was wondering why I bought from someone other than Mike.. well, its because Mike wasn't a distributor for that particular manufacturer.</blockquot

ONE MILLION DOLLARS !

It's Amazing that so many are going public on this tread about how much they are willing to pay for this upgrade. They are essentially giving FREE market research on the price point so CGC can maximize sales. DO NOT forget YOU are the potiental BUYER, not Seller.

#15321 33 days ago
Quoted from pinzone:

It's Amazing that so many are going public on this tread about how much they are willing to pay for this upgrade. They are essentially giving FREE market research on the price point so CGC can maximize sales. DO NOT forget YOU are the potiental BUYER, not Seller.

I was going to say something similar. The more people get on here and chirp about being willing to pay $2500, the more the bean counters at CGC think hmmmm........ That's essentially the equivalent of shopping for a car, home, jet ski, any high ticket item, and telling the seller you don't care what it costs. Stop giving them a license to gauge us.

#15322 33 days ago

I was going to say something similar. The more people get on here and chirp about being willing to pay $2500, the more the bean counters at CGC think hmmmm........ That's essentially the equivalent of shopping for a car, home, jet ski, any high ticket item, and telling the seller you don't care what it costs. Stop giving them a license to gauge us.

CGC has never operated like that. Their history has been good builds and value for your money.

Look at the MMR upgrades. New big speaker panel with large display and new speakers, Topper, and RGB lighting kit. All around $500 each, give or take a little.

This was for the instructions, parts, packaging.

And they try to keep the price of games down.

They'll keep doing what they do, no matter what is speculated here.

LTG : )

#15323 33 days ago

Do you really think there is a future meeting at CGC where someone says, “well 3 dudes on Pinside said they’d pay a lot so let’s ream everyone with a high price”. ?

#15324 33 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Do you really think there is a future meeting at CGC where someone says, “well 3 dudes on Pinside said they’d pay a lot so let’s ream everyone with a high price”. ?

That meeting is right after the "well 3 dudes on Pinside said they would pay $25 for the update" meeting.

#15325 33 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC has never operated like that. Their history has been good builds and value for your money.
Look at the MMR upgrades. New big speaker panel with large display and new speakers, Topper, and RGB lighting kit. All around $500 each, give or take a little.
This was for the instructions, parts, packaging.
And they try to keep the price of games down.
They'll keep doing what they do, no matter what is speculated here.
LTG : )

I agree that historically, CGC has always strived to deliver a great product for a great value, and they have achieved that goal with prior offerings. I trust they will do the same here. But what I'm saying isn't that far out there.

#15326 33 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

All around $500 each, give or take a little.

You heard it here folks ~ Lloyd said it’s going to be $500!

#15327 32 days ago

Does the le have invisia glass glass?

#15328 32 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

No, it doesn't come with that from the factory.

#15329 31 days ago

Did I miss somewhere that the topper is going to be remade or resold with the new kit?

#15330 31 days ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Did I miss somewhere that the topper is going to be remade or resold with the new kit?

Nope, you didn't miss it.

There was mention of potentially a new mode to go with the topper. No mention of additional toppers being sold.

#15331 31 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:You heard it here folks ~ Lloyd said it’s going to be $500!

If its priced at $500 it will sell well. If it's even close to 4 digits they won't sell many units. The game has tanked in value (like most games) so pumping another $1000 into the game isn't an easy sell. Yea I know people shouldn't buy these games for $, but they also don't want to lose their ass on the game. I guess it's a good problem to have if its even an option in the future?

#15332 31 days ago

If this product actually hits the market they would sell less than 10 units at that number, which I'm sure isn't CGC's business strategy.....my guess is $500-600 is the sweet spot. CGC should want most of the current owners to think of this upgrade as a "no brainer", and price accordingly. How many total CCR games did they make 2-3K. If they convert 50% of 3,000 units @ $500/unit thats $750K in revenue.

#15333 31 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

CGC has never included upgraded glass in any of their remakes

#15334 31 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC has never included upgraded glass in any of their remakes

AR (museum) glass is always controversial.

Some people dont like the purple, pink or green hue to it, it changes the playfield colors a little, and may not work well in your setting.

Others dont care...controversy...

#15335 31 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

AR glass is always controversial.
Some people dont like the purple, pink or green hue to it, it changes the playfield colors a little, and may not work well in your setting.

not to mention, $250 for a sheet of glass..

#15336 31 days ago

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gifshut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

#15337 31 days ago

Or you are like me and have never had it on a game in their collection and either don't notice or isn't bothered by whatever reflections may be present. Plus the money saved.

#15338 31 days ago

In my environment (very bright) its a significant difference. Especially with reducing the glare from the DMD. Until u mentioned the above its never crossed my mind that it remotely changed colors.

#15339 31 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

In my environment (very bright) its a significant difference. Especially with reducing the glare from the DMD. Until u mentioned the above its never crossed my mind that it remotely changed colors.

They all have their individual hues.

I think I like the purple hue the best as it can bring out contrast.

I think the german glass is purple.

I also like the "magic" glass from American pinball its a kind of "rose" color?

I put it on my AFMrLE and my DW.

I have AR glass on all of my games, but I do shop for color per game.

WOZ and TH have the green hue etc.

#15340 31 days ago
Quoted from ottodawg:

not to mention, $250 for a sheet of glass..

Buy it on sale.

#15341 31 days ago

Nah, I'm old school. Plain old glass has never bothered me.. Especially when I can get a sheet for $29.95..

#15342 31 days ago

Once you go Hd glass you never go back!

#15343 31 days ago
Quoted from ottodawg:

Nah, I'm old school. Plain old glass has never bothered me.. Especially when I can get a sheet for $29.95..

I paid $13 in bulk from the glass tempering oven near me.

14 sheets was what they required.

They let me do a mix of some translite glass and some playfield glass.

Glass is super cheap, fuel to fire up the oven costs a lot.

No logo sanded edges.

Still, I have all AR glass in my game room.

#15344 31 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Once you go Hd glass you never go back!

I second this. Ever since putting Invisiglass on one of my machines, I could never go back. It's amazing how when you look down into it, it looks as if there is no glass at all. It helps tremendously with the DMD glare, and it enabled me to get rid of the plastic glare guard. I will never NOT have Invisiglass on my pins.

I recently took off the Invisiglass on one of my machines to get it ready for sale, and it was a night and day difference to me. Of course it's subjective to each individual and their environments. Personally, I always play with the lights off as I really dislike glare.

#15345 31 days ago

No logo sanded edges.

Awesome! If you want to unload some of that $13 stuff, give me a shout! OK, now back on topic..

#15346 31 days ago

They all have their individual hues.
I think I like the purple hue the best as it can bring out contrast.
I think the german glass is purple.
I also like the "magic" glass from American pinball its a kind of "rose" color?
I put it on my AFMrLE and my DW.
I have AR glass on all of my games, but I do shop for color per game.
WOZ and TH have the green hue etc.

Good to know...I've have invisiglass and PDI and really can't tell the difference. I was believer after I purchased my first JJP game years ago

#15347 30 days ago

No logo sanded edges.

How is the quality of this glass? Is it on par with Invisiglass and PDI?

#15348 30 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How is the quality of this glass? Is it on par with Invisiglass and PDI?

Its just regular tempered glass thats been baked in an oven, its not coated like AR glass.

So its relatively inexpensive, or was...

#15349 28 days ago

We recently received a couple pallets of primarily CCR Parts ... and organized a section for CCR parts ... ramps, bash toy parts, and other futureproof parts are available now

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-cactus-canyon-limited-edition-cgc

#15350 28 days ago

I just replaced my original flippers with a set of precision halos

I totally forgot to take a “before” pic

Can someone please tell me how the flippers are supposed to line up with the witness marks? are they supposed go be directly underneath the flipper tips or above them?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,945 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,452 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/307 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.