pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240329_005338173 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240329_005141033 (resized).jpg
20240329_172807 (resized).jpg
IMG_7973 (resized).jpeg
a1h.gif
IMG_3608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3514 (resized).jpeg
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 20 days ago

CODE UPDATE: Texas Chainsaw Massacre v0.90

What better way to cap off a Best Modern Pinball win at the Midwest Gaming Classic than with a code update for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre pinball machine...

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#102 20 days ago

Congrats!

#103 20 days ago

my #54 with butter cab on the line!

#104 20 days ago

Just got the shipping notification from Spooky. TCM #23 should be arriving Wednesday. Exactly 31 days from final invoice paid to shipping notification. Cannot wait to get her all set up!!

#105 19 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

my #54 with butter cab on the line!

and I think it shipped already, best part is opening it for the first time and getting that new butter cab smell, love it.

#106 19 days ago

Jealous of you guys! Soon enough I'll join the ranks. Until then, photos away!

#107 19 days ago

Well if they are shipping 54 now, it means Spooky has ramped things up. Great news!

Enjoy the feed back on the TCM and LT thread and following those, seems not too many issues out of the box which is good.

Can't wait to hear more and see more.

#108 19 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Well if they are shipping 54 now, it means Spooky has ramped things up. Great news!
Enjoy the feed back on the TCM and LT thread and following those, seems not too many issues out of the box which is good.
Can't wait to hear more and see more.

The issue they fixed wasn't that bad when I played it 2 weeks ago just had to wait for ball reset to kick in. The issue that was annoying was the ball trough and the multiball IMO. Glad Spooky fixed this. I can't wait to play the game again on the new code. Also can't wait to get my invoice and pay it off, wooooooo.

#109 18 days ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Just got the shipping notification from Spooky. TCM #23 should be arriving Wednesday. Exactly 31 days from final invoice paid to shipping notification. Cannot wait to get her all set up!!

So Spooky had you pay the final invoice and then you had to wait 31 days to get your game? Fuck that. That's not cool. They shouldn't charge the final invoice until the game is ready to ship!

#110 18 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So Spooky had you pay the final invoice and then you had to wait 31 days to get your game? Fuck that. That's not cool. They shouldn't charge the final invoice until the game is ready to ship!

Pretty sure that has been the norm for many years.

Pay deposit to commit and hold spot
Then asked for remaining when game ready to build.
I assume a week of that 31 days is eaten up with shipping. So you are asked to pay and your game leaves the factory in 20-25 days.

That seems pretty good.

ESP when most distributors for other games are asking for full LE payment up front now and then you wait months.

#111 18 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure that has been the norm for many years.
Pay deposit to commit and hold spot
Then asked for remaining when game ready to build.
I assume a week of that 31 days is eaten up with shipping. So you are asked to pay and your game leaves the factory in 20-25 days.
That seems pretty good.
ESP when most distributors for other games are asking for full LE payment up front now and then you wait months.

Actually he said 31 days from final invoice until he received a shipping notification. So no, that 31 days did not include the shipping time.
And paying the remaining balance when the game is READY to be built seems ridiculous. They collected the $2,000 deposits. They need to build the games. And then once it's done and ready to be shipped out the door, they should charge the final amount. Just my 2 cents..

#112 18 days ago

Actually he said 31 days from final invoice until he received a shipping notification. So no, that 31 days did not include the shipping time.
And paying the remaining balance when the game is READY to be built seems ridiculous. They collected the $2,000 deposits. They need to build the games. And then once it's done and ready to be shipped out the door, they should charge the final amount. Just my 2 cents..

You know what they say about 2 cents- it's cheap.

This vitriol is more deserving of the Haggis thread- you'll fit right in over there with us.

#113 18 days ago

Valid. I’m pretty sure as things pick up pace that the time will shorten from final payment to shipping.

From spooky POV I’d assume waiting on payments is a PITA and if they did it the way you suggest then quite a few people likely are slow to make final and then would not be happy if they got skipped. I’m assuming spooky does not want to store 30+ build games.

#114 18 days ago

Spooky has addressed this a few times. They Invoice the remaining balance when your game is ready to go on the line because waiting until it is ready to ship fucks up the production flow and clogs up their warehouse. Many pay right away when invoiced and would be a non-issue but others that don’t pay in a timely manner or ask to push out cause a mess if Spooky builds their numbered games before paid in full.

#115 18 days ago

Totally understand and I can see where surface value it seems silly. I promise this is a way more productive way to handle things for customers and ourselves. We have been doing this for a decade now and we have learned alot along the way. I guarantee you would actually get your game slower by changing this system. Only other option is to not give game numbers like most all other companies which I think would cause a substantial uproar with many people. Hope you can trust we do this to benefit everyone. I go into detail on this on one episode of Don's Pinball Podcast #111 I believe.

#116 18 days ago

Code Update: v0.91 Texas Chainsaw Massacre

This is a small update that increases the max pulse time for high power flipper coils, while also adding that as a menu option in Gameplay Settings. This will help provide a little more zip with each flip.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

PS: Since most people here are a bit more knowledgeable, I'll add to our Facebook post. What this settings does is provide a backup for the end of stroke switch. After the end of stroke switch closes or the max pulse time is reached, whichever happens first, the flipper will switch from high power to low power. I suspect most will never have to adjust this setting, but it's in there now.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#117 18 days ago

Let me first apologize for the confusion, I’m number #28 not #23. Sorry for proclaiming I was waiting on #23 in earlier posts. Game arrived this afternoon and it’s just outstanding! No issues out of the box and I just put the .91 code on it. Aesthetically this hits all the notes. Absolutely stunning artwork as previous folks have stated. Pictures didn’t really do it justice until I got to see it up close. The amount of shots to hit is just wild. Shoots great, flippers have a nice feel to them. Plays faster than I anticipated. Music is perfect with all kinds of creepy background stuff that definitely helps with immersion in the theme. Gonna take a few games to dial it in and get comfortable with rules and scoring, but can’t wait to keep putting plays on it. Just pure pinball horror joy! Of course had to slot it right next to ol Michael Myers. Thanks Spooky so much for putting this theme together. A masterpiece in my opinion. To all of you that are waiting for your games, I hope the days go by quickly. You won’t be disappointed. Cheers!

CAF13EE7-DE00-46FB-A692-C8AFBB38DF01 (resized).jpegCAF13EE7-DE00-46FB-A692-C8AFBB38DF01 (resized).jpegD413F788-C04B-4BC2-A73E-DDDB821C06BC (resized).jpegD413F788-C04B-4BC2-A73E-DDDB821C06BC (resized).jpeg
#118 18 days ago

Looks great next to halloween!

#119 18 days ago

Mine will be sitting next to my Halloween as well!

#120 18 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great next to halloween!

Appreciate it! Thank you again for all that you guys did to bring this together. If I recall, you had a post awhile back about tweaking the magnet settings out of the box for the door shot. Do you remember what those settings were again? I'll keep searching the forums to see if I can find it right quick. Cheers!

#121 18 days ago

SpookyLuke i think you or Luke P made a video or wrote down the magnet adjustment already? Maybe it was in the LT thread?

#122 18 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

SpookyLuke i think you or Luke P made a video or wrote down the magnet adjustment already? Maybe it was in the LT thread?

I may have a video for this The magnet throw settings is about 1:45 in!!

#123 18 days ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

I may have a video for this The magnet throw settings is about 1:45 in!!

What's the recommended pitch from all the experts over at Spooky? I have mine close to 7 but I get some balls flying off ramps here and there, wondering if I should lower it a little?

#124 18 days ago

I have found 6.8 is a sweet spot for the game I have on route. Perfectly level side to side of course is pretty important on any game but esp one w 4 flippers and so many shots.

#125 17 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What's the recommended pitch from all the experts over at Spooky? I have mine close to 7 but I get some balls flying off ramps here and there, wondering if I should lower it a little?

The spooky menu video says they test at 6.5

#126 17 days ago

Seems like a reasonable price , considering what a topper goes for nowadays.
https://www.facebook.com/share/f9LBpjKYFMsGej4m/?mibextid=kL3p88

#127 17 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

We recommend 6.5 as that is what the game is tested at, so your settings from the factory will work best at this pitch.

#128 13 days ago

Signing in as a member. Deposit paid awhile ago and game shipping in the fall hopefully. Gonna look amazing next to my Halloween!

IMG_0538 (resized).jpegIMG_0538 (resized).jpeg

Edit: haha. Just realized I was already signed n to this thread. Still excited!

#129 13 days ago

Congrats! Did you get a number? And did you order from Nitro or direct from Spooky?

#130 13 days ago

I paid my deposit direct to Spooky and I am patiently waiting for my number.

#131 13 days ago

Get 'em revvin folks! Anyone set any good scores yet? I want to see 'em!

#132 13 days ago

Following

#133 13 days ago

I have no idea if my scores are good, likely not even remotely close. I haven't been able to figure out the modes/scoring strategies yet. More just flailing away trying to figure things out. But it's a blast!

PXL_20240416_152116245.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240416_152116245.MP (resized).jpg
#134 12 days ago

Atmospheric room! Love it!

#135 12 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I paid my deposit direct to Spooky and I am patiently waiting for my number.

Send an email to [email protected] she will get ya your number!

#136 12 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Congrats! Did you get a number? And did you order from Nitro or direct from Spooky?

#117 for me. Ordered from Nitro.

#137 12 days ago

Loving this pin. Can’t say enough with how much fun it is to play. I need to watch Bugs Stream and Scream again to learn the rules better.

#138 11 days ago

I've got some new gameplay footage up on YouTube! Unfortunately, due to some lame technical errors I can't post the full stream on YouTube, but I was at least able to publish the best game from my most recent stream. Enjoy!

#139 11 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Send an email to [email protected] she will get ya your number!

Thank You, I wasn't sure I could do that.

Update: #218

#140 11 days ago

Everyday I refresh my email hoping to get that shipping notification. Somebody said it was about 30 days from payment to notification I believe. Been 17 for me. So close but yet still so far.

#141 11 days ago

#19 arrived on Tuesday.

Spooky knocked it out of the park on this one. Really glad I grabbed one.

Bubba looks great next to Mikey too.

IMG_4783 (resized).jpgIMG_4783 (resized).jpg
#142 11 days ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Thank You, I wasn't sure I could do that.
Update: #218

Absolutely. We are always here to help with any of that stuff as best we can.

Quoted from meat_disease:

#19 arrived on Tuesday.
Spooky knocked it out of the park on this one. Really glad I grabbed one.
Bubba looks great next to Mikey too.
[quoted image]

That lineup is freaking killer. Literally.

#143 11 days ago

Really nice to See Games in wild.
Cant wait to get mine in Germany

#144 11 days ago

How would you compare TCM to Elvira house of horrors? I have my TCM #43 arriving end of this month or early May to me.

#145 10 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Keep making horror themed pins, I’ll keep buying them!

#146 10 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Absolutely. We are always here to help with any of that stuff as best we can.

Yeah it is!

#147 9 days ago
Quoted from meat_disease:

Keep making horror themed pins, I’ll keep buying them!

SAME!!

Fingers crossed for Evil Dead someday

#148 9 days ago

I envision a cabin sculpt on the playfield that is roofless and a trapdoor VUK inside it.

#149 8 days ago

Any reviews from people that have played it a tad longer now? Neat Easter eggs? Cool modes/lightshow?

Keep watching the latest Spooky streams and really is great the way you can unlock different modes (on top of mini wiz) after doing other modes.

I am sure there will be lots to discover.

Saw on the LT thread mentioning some wear in the crate door, wondering if current owners have seen this on TCM.

#150 8 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Any reviews from people that have played it a tad longer now? Neat Easter eggs? Cool modes/lightshow?
Keep watching the latest Spooky streams and really is great the way you can unlock different modes (on top of mini wiz) after doing other modes.
I am sure there will be lots to discover.
Saw on the LT thread mentioning some wear in the crate door, wondering if current owners have seen this on TCM.

Hopefully, there will be Cliffy set for these areas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Nashville, TN
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Broadview Hts, OH
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-back-to-the-farmhouse-texas-chainsaw-massacre-owners-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.