(Topic ID: 353003)

The Official Fast Food Connoisseurs Thread

By o-din

3 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    Honey Hot (resized).jpg
    IMG_5425 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    9E59D240-D235-4A48-A882-BD6511FE3546 (resized).jpeg
    Teriyaki Madness (resized).jpg
    IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
    Good Burger.gif
    IMG_8023 (resized).JPG
    Breaking news.gif
    Cherry Berry (resized).jpg
    IMG_5575 (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    IMG_3032 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1848 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 89 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll start it off with two Del Tacos for under five bucks.[quoted image]

I miss Del Taco… do they still have their Macho Tacos or Big Fat Tacos?

#10 89 days ago

We have a chain up here, Taco Johns, that can be decent if you find a well managed one. I enjoy their “Meat & Potato Burrito”… basically just a burrito that they stuff their seasoned tator tots in.

They also have a good puréed jalapeño salsa.

#19 89 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich.
    Best on the planet. But I don’t like their waffle fries.

Popeye’s is good as well, but Chick-fil-A takes the crown for my tastes as well.

#20 89 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Just had TB yesterday for lunch. I almost always order the chalupas when I do have TB, which is maybe 2x a year. Efff......did they stop deep frying the chalupa shells or what? Mine was cold...as if it was thawed and stuck in the fridge. I used to love those things!

Chalupas haven’t tasted right for a couple years. Cold and stale tasting now. They used to be my favorite item there, and now I never order them.

#38 88 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

That's the shitty part about drive through.

I just did a search on reddit about this to see if I could find reasons from actual TB employees. It sounds like they are saying that in new oil (when they are fried) they are supposed to be in for like 50 seconds but that is too long if the oil is old/used, so they pull them out after 40 seconds hence the raw and stale.

No clue if its accurate or not, but seems feasible anyway?

#44 88 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Arby's fish sandwich makes the McD's filet o'fish a joke size wise.

And Arby’s fish sandwich is good too…

… but it’s not Filet O’ Fish good!

#47 83 days ago

Had Chick-fil-A breakfast for the first time the other day. They were giving away free chicken biscuit sandwiches as a promotion, so I ordered the spicy chicken breakfast burrito (egg, tots, chicken) meal which came with a drink and order of tots… and of course the free chicken biscuit sandwich. Food and service was great, and was pleasantly surprised that they gave me packets of real honey… many others are passing off ‘honey sauce’ these days which is just high fructose corn syrup.

1 week later
    #53 75 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

They’re tasty in a pinch but have a very short shelf life. You literally have to start eating them before you exit the drive thru. If you wait until you get home, they have already turned to cold greasy mush.
    Chil fila breakfast is trash. They add too much sugar to their chicken and everything else. I swear, people only eat there to “own the boycotters” and support an ideaology rather than a quality food establishment. There can be no other explanation.

Ha. You are hopefully aware how ridiculous it sounds to say someone would eat someplace merely to boycott the people who won’t eat there because they are boycotting it?

I have literally not experienced a cleaner fast food chain with better service and in every location I have been to than Chick-fil-A. And their food is good as well. There’s your explanation.

Also… multiple downvotes… because I mentioned Chick-fil-A? Talk about triggered.

#58 73 days ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Chick fila has crap food. If they were good, I would eat there. I noticed that the lines seemed to double after the controversy they had a handful of years ago. So no, it is not ridiculous, it is obvious. Same reason that bland chicken place Raising Canes does so well.

Somehow managed to miss the Raising Canes thing, actually had to look that up. But yeah, no. I won’t eat at Canes because I refuse to pay those kind of prices for chicken fingers and then be told you can only have this one type of sauce because its the best sauce, a perfect sauce, everybody really wants this sauce.

You may want to examine your “obvious”… its leaking.

#62 73 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'd add Taco Bell to this list.
    In the land of OC Cali, surrounded by tons of ma and pop taco shacks, taco bell is an embarrassment to food.

Do people actually still love Taco Bell? Since they changed their chicken (many years ago) and started using doritos around and inside their burritos for texture or something, the only things I can even enjoy on their menu these days is the steak quesadilla and chili cheese burrito. And it is all overpriced for what it is.

Still haven’t even tried Shake Shack.

#65 73 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

You left out the Mexican pizza. Still one of my favorites.

To be honest, I have never ordered it because it didn’t look good. Now I am curious.

2 weeks later
    #81 55 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Took the kids to Five Guys last week. I don't get the hype....burgers/fries were average at best and the cost was almost 2X In n Out.....

Its way too expensive for what it is.

“Oh, but we have free peanuts and we give generous portions of fries!”

You serve a fast food burger, fries, and a drink for more than $20 you filthy animals.

#84 53 days ago

So I decided to do a side by side test for supper: Chick-fil-a vs Popeyes, both classic and spicy sandwiches. While I have had them both many times separately, I had never tried them at the same time. The odd thing was I always thought they were more similar than they actually are.

Both great sandwiches, but really different:

Popeye’s uses a higher quality bun and butters both sides lightly with mayo, and Chick-fil-a just goes dry. Both have pickles.

I think the breading on the Popeye’s spicy sandwich was the same as it was for the classic (but had spicy mayo) whereas the Chick-fil-a breading itself is what makes it spicy. Also, for the first time I noticed that the Chick-fil-a classic breading tasted a bit like KFC original recipe to me. Breading was more uniform on the Chick-fil-a sandwiches.

The chicken from the Chick-fil-a sandwiches were definitely more uniform thickness (but thinner) than Popeyes.

It seemed like the sandwiches I got were good representations, both were great. Wouldn’t hesitate to eat either… not sure I would choose/prefer one or the other any longer either.

IMG_1848 (resized).jpegIMG_1848 (resized).jpeg
    #86 53 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Dude wheres the sandwiches,your showing wrappers.

Ha. In ma belly!

Yeah, unfortunately I had already polished them off when I realized I should make a post about it in here. Sorry about that… showing the sandwiches would have been WAY better.

#91 51 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've never liked pickles. Or anything pickled or tastes like pickles.
    That's why I used to like the Carl's Jr. Chicken Club. Fine sandwich.

But pickles… they’re… important. And tasty!

Not even pickled herring??

#95 51 days ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

4 sandwich supper. You are my hero!

I am gonna pay the price for these shenanigans some day… but that day is not today.

2 weeks later
    #102 34 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve been smashing a lot of BonChon lately, delicious. They have locations in most of the major markets.
    [quoted image]

I went to a place up here called Chi Maek Korean Fried Chicken. I swear that menu you posted is the same one at this place.

#104 34 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Where the hell is "up here"?

Minneapolis area.

#118 31 days ago
    Quoted from mooch:

A drumstick at El Pollo Loco is barely bigger than your thumb.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

But making a Pollo Loco ‘skin burrito’ always puts a smile on my face!

1 week later
    #123 19 days ago

So I decided to go to Taco Bell tonight and try out their new “Cantina Chicken” menu items. They left me a bit confused to be honest.

My memory isn’t that great… but I feel like several (maybe more than that) years ago they completely changed their chicken, which was pretty widely regarded as a big move toward better quality chicken, etc. That being said, while it may be that their new chicken was better quality, I think I preferred the old chicken because I no longer ordered or wanted their chicken items.

But the Cantina Chicken taste wasn’t new to me somehow - either it is more like the old Taco Bell chicken or it tastes more like some other fast food restaurant’s chicken (Del Taco maybe?) that I am already familiar with.

Anyone else try it yet? Am I nuts? Well… okay maybe that’s a given… but have any of you had it and recognized it?

#128 18 days ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Went to a McDonalds in Buffalo NY yesterday and got their new limited time $5 meal deal. For five bucks you get a double cheeseburger, 4 piece nuggets, small fries and soda. That’s a hell of a deal. Get it while you can.

That’s a step in the right direction for sure. The prices for what you get without using their app are nuts.

I went there myself a couple days ago because once a week on their app I can cash in the 30% off deal. It is for mobile orders only, but at 30% off that makes the price make more sense.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-fast-food-connoisseurs-thread?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.