Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5792 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5790 (resized).jpeg
    9E59D240-D235-4A48-A882-BD6511FE3546 (resized).jpeg
    Teriyaki Madness (resized).jpg
    IMG_5780 (resized).jpeg
    Good Burger.gif
    IMG_8023 (resized).JPG
    Breaking news.gif
    Cherry Berry (resized).jpg
    IMG_5575 (resized).jpeg
    o (resized).jpg
    IMG_3032 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1848 (resized).jpeg
    Milkshakes to the yard (resized).jpg
    Animal (resized).jpg
    Dr. Pepper (resized).jpg
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 65 days ago

I'll start it off with two Del Tacos for under five bucks.

intro-1583943348 (resized).jpgintro-1583943348 (resized).jpg
    #2 65 days ago

The KFC Tuesday special, which includes 2 dark meat chicken(the rolls royce of colored meat imo) and a small fry, for a price I completely forget, is quite the treat.

#3 65 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'll start it off with two Del Tacos for under five bucks.[quoted image]

Personally I’m in on Taco Bell. Their value menu is insane.
    Breakfast? wonderful! One of the few fast food joints still decently priced!

Can’t wait to check out Del Taco when I’m out west

#4 65 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Taco Bell you have to get their combos or the prices are recockulusly bad.
    Taco Supreme 2.79? Burrito Supreme $5. Woof

I had Del Taco only once and it was decent

#5 65 days ago

I realize Del Taco isn't nationwide, but the real difference maker is their cheese is real cheddar and it tastes like it. And they still have the same crinkle cut fries they always have with no need to ever change them because they are real good.

I sometimes get sheets of coupons for Taco Bell, but will just give them what they want for a Mexican Pizza when I am in the mood.

As far as KFC, as tasty as it is there are no deals to had around here anymore, so I'll go to Popeye's instead.

#6 65 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I realize Del Taco isn't nationwide, but the real difference maker is their cheese is real cheddar and it tastes like it. And they still have the same crinkle cut fries they always have with no need to ever change them because they are real good.
    I sometimes get sheets of coupons for Taco Bell, but will just give them what they want for a Mexican Pizza when I am in the mood.
    As far as KFC, as tasty as it is there are no deals to had around here anymore, so I'll go to Popeye's instead.

KFC and Arbys are virtually out of reach without a 6 figure income (or a fistful of coupons).

#7 65 days ago

When I used to eat out;
    Cookout iis excellent. May be local to NC. Started with Junior Samples money by his sister.
    Johnsons in Siler City. Famous and award winning.
    Crossroads Grill and Chris' just down from Johnsons.
    Bojangles are good in this area for breakfast.

#8 65 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I miss Del Taco… do they still have their Macho Tacos or Big Fat Tacos?

#9 65 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I miss Del Taco… do they still have their Macho Tacos or Big Fat Tacos?

The Del Taco is double meat and double cheese and $2. They are always coming up with new stuff like fish or shrimp tacos and pretty decent tamales at Xmas time. But unlike Taco Bell, they always keep the original menu items intact. Their chile cheese fries are really good.

#10 65 days ago

We have a chain up here, Taco Johns, that can be decent if you find a well managed one. I enjoy their “Meat & Potato Burrito”… basically just a burrito that they stuff their seasoned tator tots in.

They also have a good puréed jalapeño salsa.

#11 65 days ago

Taco Johns > Taco Bell by a long shot for me. Taco Tuesday inventor but that taco Tuesday used to be 2 taco's for 99cents. 6 pack and a pound of potato ole's for 6$.

Now it's like 1.50 for one taco on taco Tuesday. 6 pack and a pound 12$?

They changed their taco sauce after covid. It's not the same. I still eat there, probably my first choice for fast food.

#12 65 days ago

Do you have Cookout in your area?
    Curious how far it reaches, thanks.

#13 65 days ago

No cookout in anywhere close to us. Seems like only a Carolina thing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 65 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Do you have Cookout in your area?
    Curious how far it reaches, thanks.

No, no Cookout here.

But we do have Tommy's world famous Chile Cheese everything and a new location not too far away.

#15 64 days ago
    Quoted from SDVmnt:

No cookout in anywhere close to us. Seems like only a Carolina thing.[quoted image]

Typical pinside search user.

Cook outs are all over Georgia and beyond.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #16 64 days ago

Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich.

Best on the planet. But I don’t like their waffle fries.

#17 64 days ago

Just had TB yesterday for lunch. I almost always order the chalupas when I do have TB, which is maybe 2x a year. Efff......did they stop deep frying the chalupa shells or what? Mine was cold...as if it was thawed and stuck in the fridge. I used to love those things!

#18 64 days ago

+1 for Del Taco. Good deals and my kids love it.

In n Out burger has good value and the closest burger place where I live. Double double animal style, no salt. Animal fries, no cheese, no salt. X large Arnold Palmer.

Used to love Wendys for a long time but their spicy chicken sandwich is not what it used to be.

Pretty much avoid everything else. Rarely stop at Whataburger or Schlotskys because theyre near my work.

There was a chain in the south called Backyard Burger that i miss. Pretty good.

#19 64 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich.
    Best on the planet. But I don’t like their waffle fries.

Popeye’s is good as well, but Chick-fil-A takes the crown for my tastes as well.

#20 64 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Just had TB yesterday for lunch. I almost always order the chalupas when I do have TB, which is maybe 2x a year. Efff......did they stop deep frying the chalupa shells or what? Mine was cold...as if it was thawed and stuck in the fridge. I used to love those things!

Chalupas haven’t tasted right for a couple years. Cold and stale tasting now. They used to be my favorite item there, and now I never order them.

#21 64 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Chalupas haven’t tasted right for a couple years. Cold and stale tasting now. They used to be my favorite item there, and now I never order them.

Ok, so it's just not the local joint then. Their only 1 good item and they eff it up. The humanity....

#22 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Those should be $1 each tops. They're fucking tacos.

#23 64 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Taco Bell you have to get their combos or the prices are recockulusly bad.
    Taco Supreme 2.79? Burrito Supreme $5. Woof
    I had Del Taco only once and it was decent

The value menu is pretty good. The Chicken Enchilada Burrito for $2.50 is good, the 3 cheese chicken flatbread melt is only $2.29 and the Stacker is only $2.19.
    It’s pretty filling for less than $3. Plus if you’re a cheap fuck like me, you bought a cup ages ago and keep reusing it. Then I save nearly $2 they charge you that’s wrapped into the combo to cover the cup.

Just looked up the prices in Ann Arbor. Damn. Everything is about 75¢ more than here.

Quoted from FatPanda:

Just go up and complain. They always remake it for free, no questions asked, and usually they take their time if you call them out for being lazy. You gotta keep in mind that a lot of their workers are lazy teenagers who are high most their shift, .

#24 64 days ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Those should be $1 each tops. They're fucking tacos.

Those are their large tacos. I can barely eat two of them.

But, gotcha covered bro.

offer-value-tacos (resized).pngoffer-value-tacos (resized).png

#25 64 days ago

Out here we have Amy's drive thru, I'm sure everyone here will lose their shit over it, but it's basically vegetarian in n out, and it's actually pretty good, never seen it not just packed with people, pretty much all families. They have their own sodas, no coke or Pepsi, living roof, composting, all that jazz. Dunno, I think it'll probably hit nationwide at some point, again, never seen one without a huge line, people definitely like it.
    B

#26 64 days ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Typical pinside search user.
    Cook outs are all over Georgia and beyond. [quoted image]

Thanks.
    I could safely recommend Cookout, always consistent and good amounts of food.
    Few sit-downs , primarily order window.
    Junior Samples turned down a buyout by several large chains.

#27 64 days ago

Del Taco is a weapon against East Coasters.
    Westerners know we don't have one so thats all they talk about.
    I was tired of it 10 years ago. Their ass just won't expand here.
    Sorry, forgot this wasn't the Bitch thread.
    Anyway, they don't have Cookout, so there!

#28 64 days ago

What’s with the McD single burgers these days with the excess mustard n ketchup even on the outside of wrapper ! Yuck

#29 64 days ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Del Taco is a weapon against East Coasters.
    Westerners know we don't have one so thats all they talk about.

Nothing like that bro. We rode our bikes to the nearest one when it opened in the late 60s when I was 6 or 7 and it has been the same food ever since. It survived my stint in high school on the days we went, and one of the dudes has been working there since the 80s and doesn't look a day older.

But it's currently under renovation.
    o (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg

#30 64 days ago

Damn!

#31 64 days ago

Two places on my fast food bucket list, which i want to have before i die (or may even cause it):

1) In-N-Out Burger
    2) White Castle

Now i understand that there is probably nothing special about White Castle, and some would say it’s trash. The reason i want to go is to finally finish my Harold & Kumar journey. I will order the Harold & Kumar challenge (except make mine diet cokes, Chuck). Yes, i am aware that Krystals is similar and i visit Mississippi for work plenty. But Harold & Kumar didn’t go to fucking Krystals so just drop it already!!

#32 64 days ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

What’s with the McD single burgers these days with the excess mustard n ketchup even on the outside of wrapper ! Yuck

Higher intellect over-qualified employees getting aggressive with the hand held auto- dispenser.
    Two dollops of mustard, same with the ketchup.

#33 64 days ago

White Castle burgers are good if youre hung over but their breakfast is way better.

#34 64 days ago

Sometimes I forget and go there anyway instead of the alternate location, then have to turn right and then right again.

But last time it looked like it is almost done. I wonder if addition to a drive-thru, they will also have an escalator this time.

#35 64 days ago

Shake Shack will rule the fast food world, within five years.

#36 64 days ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Out here we have Amy's drive thru, I'm sure everyone here will lose their shit over it, but it's basically vegetarian in n out, and it's actually pretty good, never seen it not just packed with people, pretty much all families. They have their own sodas, no coke or Pepsi, living roof, composting, all that jazz. Dunno, I think it'll probably hit nationwide at some point, again, never seen one without a huge line, people definitely like it.
    B

I've had Amy's frozen meals before. They're not bad, but the portions are tiny. I lift weights. I eat huge amounts of food. My local Whole Foods has an entire freezer of their meals.

#37 64 days ago

Just go up and complain. They always remake it for free, no questions asked, and usually they take their time if you call them out for being lazy. You gotta keep in mind that a lot of their workers are lazy teenagers who are high most their shift, .

That's the shitty part about drive through.

#38 64 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

That's the shitty part about drive through.

I just did a search on reddit about this to see if I could find reasons from actual TB employees. It sounds like they are saying that in new oil (when they are fried) they are supposed to be in for like 50 seconds but that is too long if the oil is old/used, so they pull them out after 40 seconds hence the raw and stale.

No clue if its accurate or not, but seems feasible anyway?

#39 64 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I just did a search on reddit about this to see if I could find reasons from actual TB employees. It sounds like they are saying that in new oil (when they are fried) they are supposed to be in for like 50 seconds but that is too long if the oil is old/used, so they pull them out after 40 seconds hence the raw and stale.
    No clue if its accurate or not, but seems feasible anyway?

The one i had wasn't dipped in oil at all. It feels like they were pulled thawed from the fridge and made. It was dead too, so notnlike they didnt have time. It will probably be another 6-12 months before I get it again and I def won't get it from that location, which sucks cuz it's close to work.

#40 64 days ago

If you like the taste of grease, it’s hard to beat Jack in the Box tacos.

IMG_4435 (resized).jpegIMG_4435 (resized).jpeg
    #41 64 days ago

Breakfast of champions right there.

#42 63 days ago

I believe that is the breakfast of ex champions, or is that just donuts and cigarettes?
    B

#43 63 days ago

If you're eating fast food regularly (I try to limit to 1x a week) you have to download their apps. McD's will generally give free fries with any purchase and a lot of B1G1 stuff. Wendy's is running $1 singles. Had one today with cheese for $1.06 with tax. Arby's isn't local nor Popeyes but I downloaded their apps for the one-time passing thru discount.

Arby's fish sandwich makes the McD's filet o'fish a joke size wise.

#44 63 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Arby's fish sandwich makes the McD's filet o'fish a joke size wise.

And Arby’s fish sandwich is good too…

… but it’s not Filet O’ Fish good!

#45 63 days ago
    o (1) (resized).jpgo (1) (resized).jpgo (2) (resized).jpgo (2) (resized).jpgo (3) (resized).jpgo (3) (resized).jpgo (resized).jpgo (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #46 63 days ago

Ikes Sandwiches make a tasty meal,great variety too

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #47 59 days ago

Had Chick-fil-A breakfast for the first time the other day. They were giving away free chicken biscuit sandwiches as a promotion, so I ordered the spicy chicken breakfast burrito (egg, tots, chicken) meal which came with a drink and order of tots… and of course the free chicken biscuit sandwich. Food and service was great, and was pleasantly surprised that they gave me packets of real honey… many others are passing off ‘honey sauce’ these days which is just high fructose corn syrup.

#48 57 days ago

I like that it’s easy to add an extra egg on their breakfast sandwich on their app.

Quoted from skink91:

Had Chick-fil-A breakfast for the first time the other day. They were giving away free chicken biscuit sandwiches as a promotion, so I ordered the spicy chicken breakfast burrito (egg, tots, chicken) meal which came with a drink and order of tots… and of course the free chicken biscuit sandwich. Food and service was great, and was pleasantly surprised that they gave me packets of real honey… many others are passing off ‘honey sauce’ these days which is just high fructose corn syrup.

#49 57 days ago

Lately, I've been going to Salad and Go. Great options if you like salad, plus they have soup & breakfast options. You can also make any salad into a wrap. Everything is good, plus they have a drive thru.

Fuck covid for shutting down our Sweet Tomatoes. However, i'm glad we have Salad and Go.

#50 57 days ago

I do watch for Bojangles Fish sandwich. Available at odd times but really worth it.

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-fast-food-connoisseurs-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.