Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Flash71
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5450 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5455 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3813 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3816 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1494 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1493 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3726 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3725 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4849 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3723 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3722 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3721 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3718 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3715 (resized).jpeg
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 21 days ago

Some of you probably know me from our pinball transactions and interactions.My names Rob and I have an addiction called pinball. Recently I was relieved of my position at my company I’ve worked at for the last 13 years. After 23 years in the hvac industry I think it’s time for a change. I want to get into the pinball business. I’ve always enjoyed road trips to pick up and drop off games and to meet fellow pinheads. It seems in this hobby there is a great need for reliable people that want to help others get or move their games. In realizing this I want to throw my hat into the ring and start offering FULL TIME pickup, delivery, setup or just moving of your pinball machines. I’ll offer this service to you 24/7 at your convenience for pickups and deliveries. I’ve moved a multitude of games over the years and I know what it takes to do it safely and reliably. All games will be broken down then blanketed and shrink wrapped the right way.I’ll be using a pin crawler predominantly so it will be virtually hands free for you guys in most instances. Ill also have an Escalara and standard dolley for specialty cases.I’ll service any state in the North East including Ohio,Michigan and surrounding areas. Special long distance trips will be considered on a case by case basis.I’d also like to offer pickup and shipping services to anywhere in the US. I have access to multiple shipping companies and can palletize and protect you’re game so it arrives safe and sound at it’s destination. I can provide references if needed but you can take piece of mind that I will treat you’re game just like one from my own collection. My rates will be very reasonable so feel free to contact me via PM and let’s discuss your needs. I would like to thank in advance anyone who considers using me to help transport their games and can’t wait to meet more of you with the same passion for pinball as I have.

Rob Gentz

#2 21 days ago

I was the lucky Pinsider who was Rob's 1st customer. He was fantastic to deal with! I bought a Stranger Things that was located in Lewiston NY, the furthest point in the state away from Long Island. I happened to see a post he made that he would be driving across state for another pin and reached out to my seller to see if he knew him. Not only did Dave know Rob, he's his neighbor down the street from him. He kindly gave me Rob's number and we made arrangements for us to meet up at his target house. He communicated with me throughout the whole process giving me updates and arrived right on time. My pin was blanketed and mummified in shrink wrap and then wrapped in thicker blue plastic. He had it strapped down under a tarp in case it rained. When I brought her home and removed her from the car it was raining and I didn't have to wait to bring her in. Rob saved me a ton of time and effort and was well worth the cost! I highly recommend him to anyone that wants their pin delivered properly! Deal with confidence and spread the word. I wish you good luck in your new venture Rob! Since Fast Eddie has retired I hope you're able to provide us pinheads with the same great service for years to come!

#3 21 days ago

Thanks so much for the kind words. It was great to meet you. Hopefully it won’t be the last time. I’m pleased you were happy with my methods. I definitely take the upmost care. Have a great Sunday!

#4 21 days ago

Following; there's a large void in this area after Eddie retired. I'm hoping I have a need to reach out in the future, best of luck with the business!

#5 21 days ago

Thanks so much for that! I’m at your guys service 24/7. No Job is too big or too small. Feel free to reach out anytime or give my contact to someone in need.

#6 21 days ago

Good Luck! Bookmarked!

PS: I’m in New City but was out of town when you were here last week. Didn’t want a
    Scared Stiff but please tip me off if you’re back in town with a game to sell.

#7 21 days ago

Sounds like I finally have a local-ish place to point people too. We have had several people asking about how to get a game around just pointing them to typical freight companies is daunting for them. Good luck, will book mark this for the next one..

#8 21 days ago

I bought a pin locally from Rob. I’ve been to his house and seen his collection. He takes great care of his pins. All immaculate. He has the equipment to move pins, and I’m sure he’ll move your pins with great care like he did with mine. There’s something to be said to have a pin collector move your pins.

#9 21 days ago

Will you be making your way down south any? Tennessee in particular.

#10 21 days ago

Hi Guys,

I don't post very often anymore, I mostly look around but I have been on Pinside around 20 years. I met Rob years ago before his love of pinball, when he was doing Large HVAC work for me at my company. From that we became fast friends. He actually got his first pinball machine from me, a T3 and I remember telling him it will either be one and done or you will be on the same road I have been since 1994. Well he chose the latter and here we are. Rob has sold a bunch of machines for both him and I over the years, he takes great pride in being honest in his descriptions and answering any questions. I have also been the beneficiary of his white glove service which started out as a joke between him and I but it is actually very true. When I get a new game he always comes over to help set it up or move a title out, going so far as to pick up and even deliver to the customer. I can't say enough good things about him, like I mentioned he is one of my best friends. Rest assured he will take great care in moving any machine pretty much anywhere.

#11 21 days ago

I know Rob very well. He's a great person, I just used him to grab a pricey game from New City this Friday and it couldn't have gone better. Definitely give him a ring if you're along Eddie's usual route!

#12 21 days ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Good Luck! Bookmarked!
    PS: I’m in New City but was out of town when you were here last week. Didn’t want a
    Scared Stiff but please tip me off if you’re back in town with a game to sell.

You got it. I’ll be listing some pins in the near future…delivered of course. Hope to meet you on a future deal.

#13 21 days ago
    Quoted from Zukram:

Sounds like I finally have a local-ish place to point people too. We have had several people asking about how to get a game around just pointing them to typical freight companies is daunting for them. Good luck, will book mark this for the next one..

Anything you need 585’r. I’m at your disposal. Can’t wait to get out to your place and check it out.
    Thanks!

#14 21 days ago
    Quoted from Mank:

I bought a pin locally from Rob. I’ve been to his house and seen his collection. He takes great care of his pins. All immaculate. He has the equipment to move pins, and I’m sure he’ll move your pins with great care like he did with mine. There’s something to be said to have a pin collector move your pins.

Thanks for the kind word Mark. You’re collection isn’t too shabby either lol! Lmk if you need anything.

#15 21 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Will you be making your way down south any? Tennessee in particular.

I wouldn’t be opposed to it. PM me to discuss what you have in mind. Thanks!

#16 21 days ago
    Quoted from jsandjs:

Hi Guys,
    I don't post very often anymore, I mostly look around but I have been on Pinside around 20 years. I met Rob years ago before his love of pinball, when he was doing Large HVAC work for me at my company. From that we became fast friends. He actually got his first pinball machine from me, a T3 and I remember telling him it will either be one and done or you will be on the same road I have been since 1994. Well he chose the latter and here we are. Rob has sold a bunch of machines for both him and I over the years, he takes great pride in being honest in his descriptions and answering any questions. I have also been the beneficiary of his white glove service which started out as a joke between him and I but it is actually very true. When I get a new game he always comes over to help set it up or move a title out, going so far as to pick up and even deliver to the customer. I can't say enough good things about him, like I mentioned he is one of my best friends. Rest assured he will take great care in moving any machine pretty much anywhere.

Jim you are too kind. It all started with you in this crazy hobby. It’s been my pleasure helping you out over the years. Looking forward to see what it brings in the future.

#17 21 days ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I know Rob very well. He's a great person, I just used him to grab a pricey game from New City this Friday and it couldn't have gone better. Definitely give him a ring if you're along Eddie's usual route!

The SW LE deal started a great friendship. Thanks for the shout out and everything you’ve helped me out with over the years. See you soon!

#19 21 days ago

Good information to know! Losing Eddie was a huge loss, i will definitely reach out next time i sell a game and the buyer wants it shipped in the NE.

#20 21 days ago
    Quoted from truemagoo102:

Good information to know! Losing Eddie was a huge loss, i will definitely reach out next time i sell a game and the buyer wants it shipped in the NE.

You got it man. Myself and my son stayed at your place for a DMB concert weekend at SPAC last year. Loved it !! Very cool idea sharing your games with others. We would definitely book again in the future. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.

#21 21 days ago

Keep me in mind. Excited to see where this goes.

#22 21 days ago

Awesome, I will keep you in mind

#23 21 days ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Awesome, I will keep you in mind

Thank you! Very much appreciated. Feel free to share my contact info with others.

#24 21 days ago
    Quoted from Flash71:

You got it man. Myself and my son stayed at your place for a DMB concert weekend at SPAC last year. Loved it !! Very cool idea sharing your games with others. We would definitely book again in the future. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Thank you so much for the kind words! Will do!

#25 21 days ago
    Quoted from Flash71:

Some of you probably know me from our pinball transactions. My names Rob and I have an addiction called pinball. Recently I was relieved of my position at my company I’ve worked at for the last 13 years. After 23 years in the hvac industry I think it’s time for a change. I want to get into the pinball business. I’ve always enjoyed road trips to pick up and drop off games and to meet fellow pinheads. It seems in this hobby there is a great need for reliable people that want to help others get or move their games. In realizing this I want to throw my hat into the ring and start offering FULL TIME pickup, delivery, setup or just moving of your pinball machines. I’ll offer this service to you 24/7 at your convenience for pickups and deliveries. I’ve moved a multitude of games over the years and I know what it takes to do it safely and reliably. All games will be broken down then blanketed and shrink wrapped the right way.I’ll be using a pin crawler predominantly so it will be virtually hands free for you guys in most instances. Ill also have an Escalara and standard dolley for specialty cases.I’ll service any state in the North East including Ohio and surrounding areas. Special long distance trips will be considered on a case by case basis.I’d also like to offer pickup and shipping services to anywhere in the US. I have access to multiple shipping companies and can palletize and protect you’re game so it arrives safe and sound at it’s destination. I can provide references if needed but you can take piece of mind that I will treat you’re game just like one from my own collection. My rates will be very reasonable so feel free to contact me via PM and let’s discuss you’re needs. I would like to thank in advance anyone who considers using me to help transport their games and can’t wait to meet more of you with the same passion for pinball as I have.
    Rob Gentz

Great news for the northeast crowd!
    Wishing you the best of luck, will definitely be giving you a ring if anything comes up outside my range.

#26 21 days ago

Rob’s one of the good ones. Genuinely one of the best dudes I’ve ever got the pleasure knowing. I’ve done a bunch of deals with rob, he’s extremely meticulous and handles every game like it’s his own. I’ve used Rob multiple times for pinball runs and it’s always been a great experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to give Rob a ring if you guys need a machine transported.

#27 21 days ago

HVAC is a great trade, learned a lot. Good luck with your new venture and stay clear of the attics and those midnight “emergencies”.

#28 21 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Great news for the northeast crowd!
    Wishing you the best of luck, will definitely be giving you a ring if anything comes up outside my range.

Much appreciated man. Look forward to meeting you at some point.

#29 21 days ago
    Quoted from Meadows22:

Rob’s one of the good ones. Genuinely one of the best dudes I’ve ever got the pleasure knowing. I’ve done a bunch of deals with rob, he’s extremely meticulous and handles every game like it’s his own. I’ve used Rob multiple times for pinball runs and it’s always been a great experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to give Rob a ring if you guys need a machine transported.

Thanks Dave! Appreciate the support. Glad we became friends all because of pinball.

#30 21 days ago
    Quoted from Flash71:

Much appreciated man. Look forward to meeting you at some point.

Maybe you’ll be transporting some new demo games from my show this year or buy one yourself!

#31 21 days ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

HVAC is a great trade, learned a lot. Good luck with your new venture and stay clear of the attics and those midnight “emergencies”.

Ha! Was never a big fan of attic or crawl space work. Thats more residential but I did spend some unfortunate time in both.I was in the commercial/Industrial HVACR field so a different kind of nastiness. If anyone needs any HVAC advice feel free to get ahold of me as well. That’s a perk of knowing me. I can diagnose issues over the phone

#32 21 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Maybe you’ll be transporting some new demo games from my show this year or buy one yourself!

Anyway I can help I’m at your service. I’ll definitely be up to visit you in June.

#33 21 days ago

Rob is awesome to deal with. He is definitely filling a void. I look forward to using him and highly recommend him for transport needs.

#34 21 days ago

I can’t recommend Rob enough - we’ve done may deals in the past and he’s just a stand up guy who is accountable and always results in a great experience. One of the best pinsiders I’ve met. Bet of luck buddy - I will certainly be a customer!

#35 21 days ago

Bookmarked for the future. I don’t have the time to grab a game these days with a 6 month old at home and an 8 year old that has never ending events on the weekends. I’ll definitely hit you up next time I’m buying/selling. Thanks for offering this service!

#36 21 days ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Rob is awesome to deal with. He is definitely filling a void. I look forward to using him and highly recommend him for transport needs.

Thanks fella! Appreciate the love. Hopefully one of my next trips will be to your place for Cosmic Gunfight

#37 21 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I can’t recommend Rob enough - we’ve done may deals in the past and he’s just a stand up guy who is accountable and always results in a great experience. One of the best pinsiders I’ve met. Bet of luck buddy - I will certainly be a customer!

Thanks my man! You can definitely attest to how I handle my pins and others. Hope to see you soon.

#38 21 days ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Bookmarked for the future. I don’t have the time to grab a game these days with a 6 month old at home and an 8 year old that has never ending events on the weekends. I’ll definitely hit you up next time I’m buying/selling. Thanks for offering this service!

Thanks for the vote of confidence in me. I’m at your disposal any day/time of the week. Looking forward to getting out that way again.

#39 21 days ago

Make pinball shipping great again. Eddie was super cool.

#40 21 days ago

Maybe a great option for buyers would be to offer picking up games and dropping off to closest Fastenal store for their blue line shipping. Many sellers refuse to ship so this is a way around that.

#41 21 days ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Make pinball shipping great again. Eddie was super cool.

This is absolutely my number 1 priority.Reasonable rates and top flight customer service. The piece of mind knowing your game will get to you protected,safe AND at your convenience any day of the week. I’ll work around your schedule to accommodate you.

#42 21 days ago
    Quoted from pindel:

Maybe a great option for buyers would be to offer picking up games and dropping off to closest Fastenal store for their blue line shipping. Many sellers refuse to ship so this is a way around that.

I can pick up NIB or used games and have them shipped with my hauling companies at reasonable rates. My buddy owns a company and ships all over the US so he gets me the best rates. I’ll palletize,protect and get you the best possible rate available guaranteed. Loading dock or lift gate delivery to a residence or commercial hub or business address not a problem.

#43 21 days ago

Following. Sounds like a great alternative to STI if you stick to the northeast.

#44 21 days ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Following. Sounds like a great alternative to STI if you stick to the northeast.

For sure! I can get much better rates. Planning on servicing the NE and Ohio atm but wouldn’t be opposed to Michigan and surrounding areas as well. I’m based out of Buffalo NY so I’m pretty centralized.

#45 20 days ago

Best of luck Rob in your new chapter of life.

#46 20 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Best of luck Rob in your new chapter of life.

Thanks Tom! Appreciate everything you’ve done for me. Hopefully I can return the favor in this line of work.

#47 20 days ago

Wanted to post these pictures of my Gemini I’m shipping out to Kent Washington. A service like this is typically $200. That may seem pricy but it takes a few hours from start to finish and there’s material cost incurred. All in all a great value as it clearly minimizes any sort of damage that could occur.

IMG_3709 (resized).jpegIMG_3709 (resized).jpegIMG_3710 (resized).jpegIMG_3710 (resized).jpegIMG_3713 (resized).jpegIMG_3713 (resized).jpegIMG_3714 (resized).jpegIMG_3714 (resized).jpegIMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3715 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3718 (resized).jpegIMG_3718 (resized).jpegIMG_3721 (resized).jpegIMG_3721 (resized).jpegIMG_3722 (resized).jpegIMG_3722 (resized).jpegIMG_3723 (resized).jpegIMG_3723 (resized).jpeg

#48 20 days ago

Just bought a game from Rob, it was packed excellently and the drop-off was easy. A very passionate and friendly guy, glad to have someone to fill the Fast-Eddie-Void!

#49 20 days ago

Just here to comment on how awesome Rob is. Really excited to see this new venture for you! I’ve had the privilege of being able to play Rob’s collection at our local league, and everything he owns is just PRISTINE. The man has a passion for the hobby, and an attention to care and detail.

Like others said, it’s great to see that little void being filled after fast eddy retired, even better with him right in my backyard!

#50 20 days ago
    Quoted from Flash71:

Wanted to post these pictures of my Gemini I’m shipping out to Kent Washington. A service like this is typically $200. That may seem pricy but it takes a few hours from start to finish and there’s material cost incurred. All in all a great value as it clearly minimizes any sort of damage that could occur.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As someone who’s dealt with STI a lot, that’s not pricey at all. And my games never get delivered mummified like that. Freaking awesome man. Keep up the great work!

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/north-east-pinball-moving- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.