Page Guitars (resized).jpg
Guitar 3 (resized).jpg
Bass Guitar (resized).jpg
2 Guitars (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 195.
#9651 18 days ago

ok thanks for the info guys ill just take the zepellin out and see if i have to remove ramp or get most of it

#9652 18 days ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Meh. Nuts to ya’ , I say!

What can I say man. Don’t make a hot take if you can’t handle the backdraft!!!!

#9653 18 days ago

i think this is most underrated pinball in recent era of ALL time.... what a game!

im having a weird issue with my game usually all works fine but for .5 seconds the right or left flipper wont flip when i hit the button; its happening rarely and only about half a second the flip doesnt register...

does anyone know anything i could do to trouble shoot this? i replugged all power thingies and plugged them back in leaf switches on buttons are perfect. it is certainly very odd issue; ; my tech is coming friday to see if he can get it working properly; its not a game breaking but sometimes i miss a super super jacket cause i hit the button and nothing happens.

thank you very much for any help; i also tried reseating all the boards and connectors;

are there parts in the game where it would not let you flip for half a second?

#9654 18 days ago

I would try simple thing: clean the leaf blades, just run a business card thru them when closed. Maybe there’s some shmutz.

#9655 18 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You could also use something with a gooseneck handle and fasten some cloth around the end of it. Something like this would be perfect:
https://a.co/d/0TF7hk4

These work really well. They are long and flexible, and you can use a small rare earth magnet to keep a microfiber towel on there.

https://a.co/d/d5YVXwq

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9656 18 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What can I say man. Don’t make a hot take if you can’t handle the backdraft!!!!

Don’t even get me started on Backdraft! And it’s inevitable reboot “Backdrafts”!

#9657 18 days ago

Insert joke about Pinfest here….

#9658 17 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would try simple thing: clean the leaf blades, just run a business card thru them when closed. Maybe there’s some shmutz.

Shmutz.... Must be a NYC word.

#9659 16 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just did my first teardown and cleaning in 2 years. Had some difficulty removing the left ramp, but it was worth the effort to get to the left orbit. It also made me appreciate the mechanical design that went into this game, really fine work. I’d say this is my highest quality Stern - great clearcoat, all metal ramps, best playfield mechanism in pinball. GOTLE is a close second with the upper playfield.
Does anyone else spend their Spring Break like this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays were on it at the time of your cleaning?

#9660 16 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How many plays were on it at the time of your cleaning?

2,034. The playfield still looks great - Stern did a good job on this one.

#9661 16 days ago

how do you change songs during the game; ive gotten 100 plays and the initial song ipick stays on the entire time; ive gotten all silver gold and platinum (records i think() and the the song still stays playing with shots lit to hit;

do you only have to complete the silver records to progress to the next song and how do i do this?thank you

maybe i am not beating the song but i just scored 100 million on kashmir alone and it just kept lighting shots to hit...

does the progression go silver, gold, then platnium; cause it looks like im only getting silver records but cant tell if they are silver or platinum;

looked in the rules says i need 5 gold then hit right upper orbit to change is this on a timer or once you get 5 gold its always active?

#9662 16 days ago

Once you have collected five records you can change songs by getting the ball in the top saucer.

#9663 16 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

how do you change songs during the game; ive gotten 100 plays and the initial song ipick stays on the entire time; ive gotten all silver gold and platinum (records i think() and the the song still stays playing with shots lit to hit;
do you only have to complete the silver records to progress to the next song and how do i do this?thank you
maybe i am not beating the song but i just scored 100 million on kashmir alone and it just kept lighting shots to hit...

I think the option to change is after getting 5 gold? records. There’s usually a call out saying you can change songs but have to lock the ball at the top eject (mainly via the right orbit) to do so

#9664 16 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

2,034. The playfield still looks great - Stern did a good job on this one.

At lease Zep isn't a cartoon like a lot of the other rock pins. I like the actual pictures and video of the actual band, not cartoons of them.

#9665 16 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I think the option to change is after getting 5 gold? records. There’s usually a call out saying you can change songs but have to lock the ball at the top eject (mainly via the right orbit) to do so

ok got it theres nothing in settings that i would needs to change right"
maybe i just suck and cant get the 5 golds before i drain in 3 balls;

game is tougher than initially thought

#9666 16 days ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

At lease Zep isn't a cartoon like a lot of the other rock pins. I like the actual pictures and video of the actual band, not cartoons of them.

That's my only gripe with Rush, but I get that they pulled it from the comic book art. The rest of that machine is brilliant though. It's parked next to Led Zep for dueling EL shows

#9667 16 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

ok got it theres nothing in settings that i would needs to change right"
maybe i just suck and cant get the 5 golds before i drain in 3 balls;
game is tougher than initially thought

I think you can toy around with the Game Adjustment #17 as this might be the setting that triggers when the song is complete and you can enable the top eject to select another song.

IMG_6115 (resized).jpegIMG_6115 (resized).jpeg
#9668 15 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It's parked next to Led Zep for dueling EL shows

Same here - now just need the EL I ordered for Foo Fighters!

#9669 15 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

I think you can toy around with the Game Adjustment #17 as this might be the setting that triggers when the song is complete and you can enable the top eject to select another song.
[quoted image]

Thanks@ I lowered it to 3

#9670 15 days ago

ok the songs are switching now when i set it to 3 gold medals although sometimes when i hit the right orbit it doesnt seem to register the shot or sit in that little hole

#9671 15 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

ok the songs are switching now when i set it to 3 gold medals although sometimes when i hit the right orbit it doesnt seem to register the shot or sit in that little hole

Yeah, it needs to lock in the top eject to trigger the song selection after you qualify it.

#9672 14 days ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Yeah, it needs to lock in the top eject to trigger the song selection after you qualify it.

ok thanks its working now

#9673 11 days ago

When the electric magic spinner is up, my balls are often getting caught behind it because it is not exactly level with the playfield. Is there an adjustment to be made to fix this or it is just the way it is it’s causing me to get a lot of tilts.

Thank you for your help

#9674 11 days ago

The 4 screws on top of the EM plastic set the height. Adjust those until it is flush.

#9675 11 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

The 4 screws on top of the EM plastic set the height. Adjust those until it is flush.

Thank you

#9676 11 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sorry to ask a stupid question but how exactly what I do this turn the game off. Let it drop down then unscrew it and push it down a little bit then screw them back in sorry I’m kind of New to all this

The Top part is a little low so when it rises up, it creates a little lip on the bottom part Where are the balls get stuck because the bottom part is too high

#9677 11 days ago

Duplicate

#9678 11 days ago

Do I completely unscrew the top screws and then push it down then re-screw it in is that what I’m supposed to do thank you so much for the help it has been been bothering me for days;

I’m assuming you work on it with the Position up with the power off

#9679 11 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

When the electric magic spinner is up, my balls are often getting caught behind it because it is not exactly level with the playfield. Is there an adjustment to be made to fix this or it is just the way it is it’s causing me to get a lot of tilts.
Thank you for your help

There are instructions on how to level the EM. Another Pinsider was nice enough to share them with me. If you want to PM me your email address I can sent the instructions to you.

#9680 11 days ago

I believe what I’m trying to do is 7167 post or I will PM you my email maybe I am doing the wrong thing but removing the plastic at top does not level the bottom….

#9681 11 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I believe what I’m trying to do is 7167 post or I will PM you my email maybe I am doing the wrong thing but removing the plastic at top does not level the bottom….

top screws level the top

#9682 11 days ago

my bad - yes James is correct. I used the top screws to level the top when the EM is down. For me, once the top was level, the bottom was level as well once the EM raises up.

#9683 11 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Instructions sent via email.

#9684 11 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yes, post # 7167 is the instructions for leveling the EM. Same document that I sent you. Good luck with leveling.

#9685 11 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Do I completely unscrew the top screws and then push it down then re-screw it in is that what I’m supposed to do thank you so much for the help it has been been bothering me for days;
I’m assuming you work on it with the Position up with the power off

You need to follow the directions for raising and lowering the EM in service mode. You probably won't need to do every adjustment. The most important are that the black floor is level with the PF when up and the plastic top is level when down. Use a ball to test it. And trust me, you can't get it perfect. Just get it smooth and you will rarely have ball hang ups there.

#9686 11 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You need to follow the directions for raising and lowering the EM in service mode. You probably won't need to do every adjustment. The most important are that the black floor is level with the PF when up and the plastic top is level when down. Use a ball to test it. And trust me, you can't get it perfect. Just get it smooth and you will rarely have ball hang ups there.

Got it thanks i adjusted the bottom black as far out as it will go and its still sticking out alittle but ill have to deal with imperfection im sure when my tech comes next week he will figure out a way to make it flush..

thank you for the advice

#9687 10 days ago

I made a new decal set for a local pinsider who found the Hindenburg a bit morbid on his premium. These are available, pm if interested.

Zep decal set pst (resized).jpgZep decal set pst (resized).jpgLeft side pst (resized).jpgLeft side pst (resized).jpgright side pst (resized).jpgright side pst (resized).jpgclose cab pst (resized).jpgclose cab pst (resized).jpgcoindoor pst (resized).jpgcoindoor pst (resized).jpgfull front pst (resized).jpgfull front pst (resized).jpg
#9688 10 days ago

Matches your translite perfectly
That looks really sharp!

#9690 10 days ago

Looks amazing, like 100% better! Don’t know what they were thinking slapping burning Hindenburg tragedy art all over the cabinet. Great job

#9691 10 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Looks amazing, like 100% better! Don’t know what they were thinking slapping burning Hindenburg tragedy art all over the cabinet. Great job

They were probably thinking "this image is an iconic album cover," and also "This is one of 3 images Zep INC. said we can use."

#9692 10 days ago

for people who have had led zeppelin a long time;

what's the fun factor and lasting appeal like?

would really like to get a lot of inputs if possible

#9693 10 days ago

First game I Bought back in 2020 that got me back into pinball and it still gets played often by our group on a weekly basis. I enjoy the layout as well as the code and have no plans on getting rid of it.

#9694 10 days ago

I've had mine for about 3 months and already reset the scores once after 2000 plays. It's definitely helping me turn into a better player when I'm on location. Fun code that keeps me coming back to try and get to the wizard modes. Definitely has a couple annoying quirks like stdm plunges and some fast drains of missed shots.

Friends and partner love it too, definitely has that one more feeling, especially with the audio turned up. Music pins are just better at home.

#9695 10 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Plenty of positive opinions in this thread, it’s worth a read through, even though it’s lots of pages…

The game is fast, and unforgiving if you don’t have the shots.. it’s a short, or quick, game in my lineup. I own a premium, but am not enamored with the electric magic spinner, like at all… it’s cool, but it dramatically changes the game when it’s up. Basically forcing you to take the higher risk shots to get the multi ball or frenzy and get it out of the way. Yes, you ‘can’ hit all the ramps with it up, but practically speaking… it’s a nuisance. Like my Star Wars, I think I prefer the pro over the premium. Others will definitely disagree, but I’d probably consider a straight trade down to a pro.

When you are hitting the shots, the pin flows amazingly, add in the clever rules and it really is a winner of a game. I like the Icarus multiplier, it adds great urgency and points to the game. Back handing a shot to the left ramp, then center ramp, then the right ramp… setting up more great flow shots. VERY satisfying! Then the stupid electric magic pops up in the middle of a lead guitar on a song and severely limits access to the center ramp and kills the flow and point potential. I really wonder if it has the flow potential of AIQ without the EM spinner.

I don’t think it will ‘live’ in my collection like others I own, but I’m a thousand games in, and I can see another couple thousand games before it goes. Love the music, turned up loud, and the light show is excellent. It’s a worthy pin to take a turn in a lineup. It will definitely make you a better player.

#9696 10 days ago

Ok thanks guys!!! If anyone else wants to input im all ears.. appreciate it greatly

#9697 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Plenty of positive opinions in this thread, it’s worth a read through, even though it’s lots of pages…
The game is fast, and unforgiving if you don’t have the shots.. it’s a short, or quick, game in my lineup. I own a premium, but am not enamored with the electric magic spinner, like at all… it’s cool, but it dramatically changes the game when it’s up. Basically forcing you to take the higher risk shots to get the multi ball or frenzy and get it out of the way. Yes, you ‘can’ hit all the ramps with it up, but practically speaking… it’s a nuisance. Like my Star Wars, I think I prefer the pro over the premium. Others will definitely disagree, but I’d probably consider a straight trade down to a pro.
When you are hitting the shots, the pin flows amazingly, add in the clever rules and it really is a winner of a game. I like the Icarus multiplier, it adds great urgency and points to the game. Back handing a shot to the left ramp, then center ramp, then the right ramp… setting up more great flow shots. VERY satisfying! Then the stupid electric magic pops up in the middle of a lead guitar on a song and severely limits access to the center ramp and kills the flow and point potential. I really wonder if it has the flow potential of AIQ without the EM spinner.
I don’t think it will ‘live’ in my collection like others I own, but I’m a thousand games in, and I can see another couple thousand games before it goes. Love the music, turned up loud, and the light show is excellent. It’s a worthy pin to take a turn in a lineup. It will definitely make you a better player.

I’m with this guy! But you probably guessed that already.

#9698 10 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Steve Ritchie goodness. Can be fast and fun. I love the electric magic spinner.

#9699 10 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Steve Ritchie goodness. Can be fast and fun. I love the electric magic spinner.

X2

#9700 10 days ago

LZ is awesome but the zeppelin should eat the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

8,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
5,599 (OBO)
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Forest, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,741 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 195.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.