• Are You Being Served? 1 vote
  • The Simpsons 34 votes
    9%

(379 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Maltese-Falcon-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6356 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 02-08-14 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' Season 16 Premiere Date Who's Back and Everything You Need
main-qimg-4623e616195d094d47b6df8c03ae5578.png
fe44734e0d78add7aeba3f9c3476987d-3988248334.jpg
backdrop-1280 (resized).jpg
tumblr_okxtwrANyW1u501aoo2_400.gif
bettercallsaul0209151280jpg-f5539c_160w (resized).jpg
MVCOM-DARK-SHADOWS-24 (resized).jpg
d86 (resized).jpg
Whatcha Talkin bout Willis.gif
download (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
fred-flintstone-the-flintstones.gif
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 15 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is not one person on the Planet that has not seen an episode of Andy Griffith.

I guarantee you that my 22 year old daughter and every single person in her friend group have never heard of, let alone seen, an episode of Andy Griffith.

#202 15 days ago

This poll sucks. There’s so many more legit shows out there, including STTNG and MASH. I had to chime in because, well, that’s just your opinion Man”

#203 15 days ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is not one person on the Planet that has not seen an episode of Andy Griffith.

I don't think they ever showed that in my country growing up.

I've never seen a Malcolm in The Middle, Scrubs, Fresh Prince, 30 Rock, or 70s Show either (although I have of course heard of them)

#204 15 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This poll sucks. There’s so many more legit shows out there, including STTNG and MASH. I had to chime in because, well, that’s just your opinion Man”

Star Trek is not a comedy, so it would not be listed. (But maybe we'll do si-fi next, so all the Firefly guys can shoot their load)

MASH was #42 in the original Sitcom poll, so I could not include it in the Top 20....too far down in the rankings

#205 14 days ago

Wasn't sure about this one but here's what it said about the show:

"Love, American Style is an anthology comedy series that aired on ABC from 1969 to 1974 and is considered a sitcom because it's 30 minutes long. The show features multiple stories of romance, usually with a comedic spin. The show is known for its many celebrity guest stars, who appear in one, two, three, or four short stories or vignettes within an hour. The show's humor parodies Britain's class system, and many of the show's characters are based on stereotypes of the period."

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#206 14 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

MASH was definitely hilarious when McClean Stevenson was on it for the first 3 seasons. Lt. Colonel Henry Blake was great and gave the show some really hilarious moments, mostly related to him being exasperated by having to do his job. The show was still good after he got killed off, but definitely went down more of a road of preachy drama with some humor thrown in. Was not very "sitcom--y" anymore.

#207 14 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

MASH was definitely hilarious when McClean Stevenson was on it for the first 3 seasons. Lt. Colonel Henry Blake was great and gave the show some really hilarious moments, mostly related to him being exasperated by having to do his job. The show was still good after he got killed off, but definitely went down more of a road of preachy drama with some humor thrown in. Was not very "sitcom--y" anymore.

And when Larry Linville (Frank) left the show, it was in decline for sure.
The best guest appearance character in the entire shows history was Edward Winter: Colonel Flagg

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#208 14 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I love the Peaches video.

This just inspired me to buy this on vinyl. Thanks vid.

#209 14 days ago

Torn between The Office and Arrested Development. Both had a season or two that shouldn't have existed but Arrested Development seasons 1-3 is the smartest writing of all time. Gets my vote. Tons of classics on the list though, they are all really good.

#210 14 days ago

Flight Of The Conchords is only 2 seasons long, so if you need a super funny sitcom that you can binge in a couple of days, you can't beat it.

S01, E03 "Mugged" is where you can figure out if this zany sitcom is for you.

HBO, Amazon
Flight-of-the-Conchords-Mugged (resized).jpgFlight-of-the-Conchords-Mugged (resized).jpg

#211 14 days ago

two and a half men, big bang theory has been about the only two that has come out in the last fifteen yrs i could watch, the newer ones are horrible.

#212 14 days ago

After Life was a good one

#213 14 days ago

Was good in its time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#214 14 days ago

Your old if you know who this is.

#215 14 days ago

Ok,trip down 60s tv over.

#216 14 days ago

Leave it to Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet are oldies too.

#217 14 days ago

Well Three’s Company was pretty epic, and endured the cast changes. And my mom loved Golden Girls, so I grew to like it.

#218 14 days ago
fred-flintstone-the-flintstones.giffred-flintstone-the-flintstones.gif
#219 14 days ago

This is one of my favorites: Mr. Ed

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#220 14 days ago

Jay North as "Dennis the Menace"
Poor Mr. Wilson

#221 14 days ago

"Hey Beaver, now what kind of trouble are you in"?

#222 14 days ago

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
The Young Ones
What We Do In The Shadows
New Girl
Red Dwarf
Flight Of The Conchords
The IT Crowd

Fawlty Towers, which has topped such lists in the past...

My favorite that I doubt even made whatever Top 200 list Vid pulled the poll from:
Tropical Cop Tales

#223 14 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
The Young Ones
What We Do In The Shadows
New Girl
Red Dwarf
Flight Of The Conchords
The IT Crowd
Fawlty Towers, which has topped such lists in the past...
My favorite that I doubt even made whatever Top 200 list Vid pulled the poll from:
Tropical Cop Tales

This is a killer list. Never heard of Tropical Cop Tales

WHY IS “What we do in the shadows” not mentioned?!? Or Wellington Paranormal?

#224 14 days ago

I guess Dark Shadows was a supernatural soap opera, but it deserves an honorable mention.

#225 13 days ago
Whatcha Talkin bout Willis.gifWhatcha Talkin bout Willis.gif
#226 13 days ago
d86 (resized).jpgd86 (resized).jpg
#227 13 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I guess Dark Shadows was a supernatural soap opera, but it deserves an honorable mention.

I mean, I just didn't find it that funny....

#228 13 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think the pure campy-ness was the humor. To each his own.

I think most soap operas are comedy if you listen with the right frame of mind. My first wife watched General Hospital daily while I worked from my home office. I laughed and laughed at the silly dialog. That really pissed her off.

#229 13 days ago

It has to be Seinfeld and Im not a big Seinfeld fan, but honestly nothing comes close...although, I do think Barney Miller should be on the list!

#230 13 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MVCOM-DARK-SHADOWS-24 (resized).jpgMVCOM-DARK-SHADOWS-24 (resized).jpg
#231 13 days ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I think the pure campy-ness was the humor.

I get that, but a situational comedy is where in each episode, a new Situation is introduced, followed by rapid verbal sparing, often physical comedy and a quick resolution.

So you could have plenty of comedy in a drama (like Better Call Saul) but it would not be a "sitcom" because the situation lasts an entire seasonal story-arc .

bettercallsaul0209151280jpg-f5539c_160w (resized).jpgbettercallsaul0209151280jpg-f5539c_160w (resized).jpg
#232 13 days ago

Not really a sitcom but my family always watched it.

tumblr_okxtwrANyW1u501aoo2_400.giftumblr_okxtwrANyW1u501aoo2_400.gif
#233 13 days ago

Showing my age here, but one of the best sitcoms was Son Of The Beach (it was the #1 FX show, then new management was offended, and instantly killed it off)

Timothy Stack of Nite Stand fame, came to lead a diverse group in this Baywatch spoof.

Had the absolute best final episode of any sitcom ever.

S02 E05 - "Queefer Madness" staring Neil Patrick Harris will let you know if your brain is rotten enough to take it all in (entire episode):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5loz8b

backdrop-1280 (resized).jpgbackdrop-1280 (resized).jpg

#234 13 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Not really a sitcom but my family always watched it.
[quoted image]

Classic Sketch-Comedy (comedy where comedians play Different characters in each show)

#235 13 days ago

Married with Children

#236 13 days ago

Night Stand With Dick Dietrick was Timothy Stack as a Springeresque talk show host (he even got the real Jerry Springer to be on an episonde)

Half sitcom, half sketch comedy

Night Stand with Dick Dietrick (S01 E16, 1995) - "Soiled Cloth / The Fame Show" (entire episode)

#237 13 days ago

Not the greatest but worthy of a mention.

fe44734e0d78add7aeba3f9c3476987d-3988248334.jpgfe44734e0d78add7aeba3f9c3476987d-3988248334.jpg
main-qimg-4623e616195d094d47b6df8c03ae5578.pngmain-qimg-4623e616195d094d47b6df8c03ae5578.png

#238 13 days ago

Taxi was great

#239 10 days ago

Always Sunny has the most Words Per Minute of any TV show @ 176.2 WPM

Blame the closed captioning people for studies like this, Because the National Disability Authority recommends that subtitles should be no more than 140 words per minute.

“Modern Family” and “Parks and Recreation,” the average was 133.6 wpm.

https://www.thewrap.com/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-wordiest-tv-show/

Just say itJust say it

#240 10 days ago

Married with Children, all hail No Ma’am

IMG_6356 (resized).jpegIMG_6356 (resized).jpeg
#241 10 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Blame the closed captioning people for studies like this, Because the National Disability Authority recommends that subtitles should be no more than 140 words per minute.
[quoted image]

Not a big fan of the motor-mouth, rapid fire style of comedy. Great comedy and great rock songs all have room to breathe. And sometimes the non-verbal or minimally verbal reactions are the funniest parts-- see Honeymooners.

#242 10 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not a big fan of the motor-mouth, rapid fire style of comedy.

Don't watch any old movies like Maltese Falcon, Clue or Double Indemnity.

Those flicks completely fill the screen with Closed Captions!

This is the thing dreams are made ofThis is the thing dreams are made of

1 week later
#243 3 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

[quoted image]

I’d find it hard to believe that Shoresy doesn’t put out more words per minute. I admit part of it is me getting older, but I really have trouble keeping up with that one. …and I still find it hilarious.

#244 3 days ago

Seinfeld and it’s not close
Plus it’s aged well, still relevant today imo

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-sitcom-of-all-time-vote/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.