Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_084144 (resized).jpg
    20240502_083410 (resized).jpg
    PS Logo (resized).jpg
    Williams-Vertical-Banner-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    TMNT_Villain_Flyland-18x24-Poster-Mockup-thumbnail (resized).jpg
    Williams-Mashup2-supercolor-buzz-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    White-Water-supercolor-buzzz-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    VooDoo-LED-Frames-thumb_copy-social-media (resized).jpg
    TMNT-Heroes-Art-Print-8-social-media (resized).jpg
    Pinbrew-2024-8 (resized).jpg
    Skateboard-Tiki-1-low-res (resized).jpg
    Pinball_Wizard_FlyLand_T-Shirt_Mockup_copy_Centered-social-media (resized).jpg
    No-Good-Gofers-Art-Print-12-social-media (resized).jpg
    No_Good_Gofers_SIDE_BLADES-social-media (resized).jpg
    Nemo-Art-Print-8_copy-social-media (resized).jpg
    Legend-of-Zelda-18x24-10-social-media (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 19 days ago

Can't wait to join everyone at Pinfest 2024 - JAWS by Keith Elwin - So amazing. This will be the first year The Bob & Fae Show get to check out Pinfest. We hardly have enough pinball near us so this being in Allentown, PA is a boon for us.

So Excited, love the t-shirts! Just wanted to say, can't wait for Friday and Saturday!!!

#102 19 days ago

If anyone is bringing beer option signs, please PM me

#103 19 days ago
    Quoted from per3per3:

If anyone is bringing beer option signs, please PM me

This thread has the buy/sell/trade posts.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2024-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/29#post-8140897

Lots of options in there...

#104 19 days ago

Only a week until the show!!!

Guys coming from the South. If you are morning people and looking for something else to do on the trip or something to push you over the edge into coming, Lancaster County PA is about 75 minutes South West and is worth a stop by if you are early and want some freaking amazing breakfast food.
    What is special about Lancaster County PA?
    It is the home of the Amish Community.

They have freaking amazing food. Here is one of the smaller buffets ones.

Lots of cool tourist trap stuff to look at and a great place to visit if you are running ahead of time on the way up.

If you can't make it to Lancaster, there is a great amish farmers market literally in the parking lot of the show.

See you guys next week!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #105 19 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Only a week until the show!!!
    Guys coming from the South. If you are morning people and looking for something else to do on the trip or something to push you over the edge into coming, Lancaster County PA is about 75 minutes South West and is worth a stop by if you are early and want some freaking amazing breakfast food.
    What is special about Lancaster County PA?
    It is the home of the Amish Community.

They have freaking amazing food. Here is one of the smaller buffets ones.
    Lots of cool tourist trap stuff to look at and a great place to visit if you are running ahead of time on the way up.
    If you can't make it to Lancaster, there is a great amish farmers market literally in the parking lot of the show.

See you guys next week![quoted image]

I live in Lancaster county and all I can say is the Allentown farmers market wins hands down for food compared to typical bland Amish food but they do feed you a shit ton if that's what your into

#106 19 days ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

I live in Lancaster county and all I can say is the Allentown farmers market wins hands down for food compared to typical bland Amish food but they do feed you a shit ton if that's what your into

If we are talking Amish Buffets why are we not talking about Shady Maple?

#107 19 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

I drive past it every day lol big tourist attraction
    It's great if you want to eat till you bust . But we don't frequent it often

#108 19 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Nothing to talk about!
    Yes you get a lot of food but it’s so just ok!
    They were great before they built the large dinning hall! We still stop there but not what it use to be!
    They had the small building on the corner lot on 23. That’s when thier food was good!

#109 19 days ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Nothing to talk about!
    Yes you get a lot of food but it’s so just ok!
    They were great before they built the large dinning hall! We still stop there but not what it use to be!
    They had the small building on the corner lot on 23. That’s when thier food was good!

That’s what happens most times when places like that get to big they lose in the taste

#110 16 days ago

Flea market is part of the main show. It will not be open Thursday (thats setup day) although you can certainly walk around while people are setting up if you brought a game to freeplay and are allowed in on setup day. Its basically a cheaper to rent spot that does not have wall power availabe so there will not be pins there you can play. Its inside, and there will be 20ish people there with essentially garage sale style items mostly related to pinball/arcade. You don't have vendors selling new stuff, its all old junk. However, there will be lots of gems mixed in there. I scored a nice Nintendo Power #1 there last year for a buck. There will be a few games for sale, and my notorious Pinbot Projects from 5 years ago came from there. There will be someone there with 50ish junk older pinball machines and tons of scrap parts. There will be someone there with 20+ mystery condition EM Gottiliebs. It is absolutely worth walking through, and the earlier you walk through once doors open the more likely you are to find a diamond in the rough.
    Walkthrough of the fleamarket starts at 27 minutes here from random online tour.

It's not junk ...it's high quality crapola.
    I'll be in the right corner as you are looking at the bathroom entrance. Of course, I'm near the bathroom just like I always get seated at restaurants. Check the buy/sell thread for lots of signs, neons and pinball machines for sale.

#111 16 days ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

I drive past it every day lol big tourist attraction
    It's great if you want to eat till you bust . But we don't frequent it often

It's a bountiful supply of mediocrity that is mainly there to serve busloads of tourists. So many other places to eat that are far better.

#112 16 days ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

It's a bountiful supply of mediocrity that is mainly there to serve busloads of tourists. So many other places to eat that are far better.

O local expert with far more experience with Lancaster amish food.

Give me a recommendation better than Dienner's where I could park with a U-Haul.

I'm making a detour on the way up specifically to stop by for breakfast chow in Lancaster.

I thought the boutiful supply of mediocrity was amazing, and would love to try something even better.

#114 16 days ago

Give me a recommendation better than Dienner's where I could park with a U-Haul.
    I'm making a detour on the way up specifically to stop by for breakfast chow in Lancaster.
    I thought the boutiful supply of mediocrity was amazing, and would love to try something even better.

Having the U-Haul complicates things slightly...most of the places I would go are a little tighter on parking or way out of your way. I am more of a diner fan, but they are not all created equal around here. The better places are all in Lancaster city proper, which I will consider off limits because of parking- but for the other folks reading, Rachel's Creparie is excellent. Also On Orange, and Onion's.

Gracies in Leola is highly recommended, but can get busy because it is on the small side.

One option that is probably a good fit for you given you are probably headed up 222 is the Oregon Dairy restaurant- I have not eaten here in ages, so I do not want to set expectations that I cannot stand behind...but locals seem to like it. The place is right off the first exit of 222 when you get on from route 30, and it is a big complex with plenty of parking. Easy in, easy out. They do have a breakfast buffet, but not on the day you would be coming through. Otherwise I believe they open at 6AM for regular breakfast.
    https://www.oregondairy.com/the-restaurant/oregon-dairy-restaurant-menus

My main rub with Shady Maple is that the quantities they need to make to keep up with the crowd means the food quality is just not there. Some people are wowed by all the options and how much you can pack in. PA Dutch cooking to me is "just dump a bunch of sugar on it" which starts to all taste the same to me after a while. For me, I am a skinny shit, so its quality over quantity always.

#115 15 days ago

Tick tock...counting down the time!! I'll be in vendor booth 67 this year, so stop in!

Trying to put the elbow grease and final tweaks on my homebrew Halloween for the show. Sadly my sister's illness and deterioration has been consuming alot of time, but I'm trying to finish it up. I'll be listing some other things for sale also.

BUT...The artist who worked with me on my Halloween, Franny Drummond, will be in my booth AIRBRUSHING LIVE both Friday and Saturday. So swing by and say hi, and check out his mad skills!! As a special bonus, he'll be airbrushing a Michael Myers canvas (I believe 18 x 24) both days, that we'll raffle off for FREE towards the end of the show on Saturday. Probably around 4 or 5 pm so we don't miss people exiting early.

Something awesome and FREE to sweeten up someone's game room!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, catching up with some good people and playing some pins.

Hallo PF 4-26-2024 (resized).jpgHallo PF 4-26-2024 (resized).jpg

Franny Drummond Flyer (resized).jpgFranny Drummond Flyer (resized).jpg

#116 15 days ago

Well you would be considered a tourist lol. Stop at Shady for Breakfast. Lots of my friends say it's pretty good and trailer friendly. How bad can you screw up breakfast anyways You can eat donuts til you exploded and have cheese for you Santa lol
    Around here we call it pigs to the trough lol

Will be great to hear you experience

#117 15 days ago

Just to echo the others on SM, it’s not horrible for breakfast. I’d avoid it Saturday as it will be packed unless you get there when they open and even then… Buses come and may take a while to pay before you get seated to eat.

#118 14 days ago

Can the 5 pack of I-glass be purchased for $500 at the show or do you have to purchase in advance to get that price?

#119 13 days ago

Everything is pretty much finalized for the Allentown Pinfest Tournament.

Tournament area is in the back, you can't miss us and our fabulous bank!

Cost is $130 to enter. $150 if you are also playing in the Ladies' Tournament. No additional entry costs, this is all in. Cash please.

Qualifying - Friday, May 3, 12-9 pm.
    You will play 12 one-player qualifying games of your choice, at your own leisure (12 different games, no repeats). Lines are never an issue as this is a limited entry tournament. The top 40 (24 in A, 16 in B [restricted to IFPA rank 250 or higher]) will play in the finals.

Finals - Saturday, 9:30 am - 7ish
    Finals will be held Saturday. These will be four-player groups, PAPA style, until we whittle it down to the final 4, with one final four player game deciding the champ!

Cash prizes will be determined on site, depending on number of participants. Trophies and glory will be awarded to the winners!

We are looking for scorekeepers for shifts on Friday, any help appreciated. We'll be awarding schwag and other compensation. If you want to help us out with an hour or so of scorekeeping please let us know!

OK - check out our sick awesome games bank:

Main Tournament:
    Aerosmith pro
    Foo pro
    Bond Prem
    Zep pro
    Godzilla pro
    Star Trek pro
    Congo
    Demo Man
    Lost World
    Pinball Pool
    Flash
    High Speed
    Wild Fyre
    Jaws (Nite Rider)
    Bow and Arrow
    EM Atlantis

Ladies' Bank:
    Star Wars Pro
    Deadpool Pro
    Hardbody
    Jackbot

Seeya at the show! Feel free to PM me with any questions about the tournament or volunteering.

#120 13 days ago

Is it true that they're opening the doors at 10 AM on Friday this year? It always used to be noon, right? Or are my meds wearing off?

#121 13 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is it true that they're opening the doors at 10 AM on Friday this year? It always used to be noon, right? Or are my meds wearing off?

Keep taking you meds. It is 10AM.

#122 13 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Keep taking you meds. It is 10AM.

Which is great for attendees but I will miss the peace and quiet playing the free play games before the doors open as a vendor.

#123 13 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It’s true. But your meds may be wearing off. Can’t wait to see you buddy!

#124 13 days ago

If anyone from MI (or coming to MI) going to Allentown and has room for a pin, PM me. Happy to pay. Enjoy Pinfest!

#125 12 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Which is great for attendees but I will miss the peace and quiet playing the free play games before the doors open as a vendor.

You'll still be able to enjoy the peace and quiet since nobody wants to be around you.

#126 12 days ago

Hey all, can't wait for Pinfest. I've got a TON of new artwork to share that I didn't have last year: New shirts, new coasters, Voodoo LED frames, No Good Gofers translites, sideblades, and prints. Dracula translites, side blades, and prints, socks (socks? Yes, socks!), Tiki Skateboard, Vertical vinyl banners, concert and event posters.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Pinball_Wizard_FlyLand_T-Shirt_Mockup_copy_Centered-social-media (resized).jpgPinball_Wizard_FlyLand_T-Shirt_Mockup_copy_Centered-social-media (resized).jpgHeavy-Metal-Pinball-T-Shirt-1-social-media (resized).jpgHeavy-Metal-Pinball-T-Shirt-1-social-media (resized).jpgWilliams-Vertical-Banner-1-social-media (resized).jpgWilliams-Vertical-Banner-1-social-media (resized).jpgIMG_8989 (resized).JPGIMG_8989 (resized).JPGLegend-of-Zelda-18x24-10-social-media (resized).jpgLegend-of-Zelda-18x24-10-social-media (resized).jpgNemo-Art-Print-8_copy-social-media (resized).jpgNemo-Art-Print-8_copy-social-media (resized).jpgPinbrew-2024-8 (resized).jpgPinbrew-2024-8 (resized).jpgWhite-Water-supercolor-buzzz-1-social-media (resized).jpgWhite-Water-supercolor-buzzz-1-social-media (resized).jpgWilliams-Mashup2-supercolor-buzz-1-social-media (resized).jpgWilliams-Mashup2-supercolor-buzz-1-social-media (resized).jpgAqua_Teen_Hunger_Force_18x24_with_bleed_copy-social-media (resized).jpgAqua_Teen_Hunger_Force_18x24_with_bleed_copy-social-media (resized).jpgGolden-State-FOIL-5-social-media (resized).jpgGolden-State-FOIL-5-social-media (resized).jpgIMG_9228 (resized).jpgIMG_9228 (resized).jpgNo-Good-Gofers-Art-Print-12-social-media (resized).jpgNo-Good-Gofers-Art-Print-12-social-media (resized).jpgNo_Good_Gofers_SIDE_BLADES-social-media (resized).jpgNo_Good_Gofers_SIDE_BLADES-social-media (resized).jpgSkateboard-Tiki-1-low-res (resized).jpgSkateboard-Tiki-1-low-res (resized).jpgTMNT-Heroes-Art-Print-8-social-media (resized).jpgTMNT-Heroes-Art-Print-8-social-media (resized).jpgTMNT_Villain_Flyland-18x24-Poster-Mockup-thumbnail (resized).jpgTMNT_Villain_Flyland-18x24-Poster-Mockup-thumbnail (resized).jpgVooDoo-LED-Frames-thumb_copy-social-media (resized).jpgVooDoo-LED-Frames-thumb_copy-social-media (resized).jpg
    #127 12 days ago

Hi. Does anyone have contact info for Knucklez Arcade? I’d like to place an order for something that I saw last year and missed out on.

#128 12 days ago

PinballSTAR will have our usual HUGE booth this year with TONS of NEW games to play and to buy...

If you are interested in pre-purchasing anything before the show - email Joe at [email protected]. Many times show games don't last long ! Save money on some show game discounts AND save with no shipping !!!

IN OUR BOOTH :

BIG BUCK HUNTER MINI ONLINE $ 8,000 - $ 500 show game discount = $ 7,500

(2) TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE CE $ 9,700

(3) LOONEY TUNES CE $ 9,700

SCOOBY DOO CE with interactive topper $ 9769 game + $ 969 topper = $ 10,738

CACTUS CANYON SE + with interactive topper $ 9,250 - $ 500 show game discount = $ 8,750

(2) PULP FICTION SE $ 8,000

BBQ CLASSIC $ 7,000 - $ 500 show game discount = $ 6,500

ELTON JOHN PE $ 12,000 NEW IN BOX (show game is not for sale)

(2) LABYRINTH $ 10,600 no accessories AND $ 11,958 with all accessories (Goblin interactive topper, alternative backglass, and shooter rod)

JURASSIC PARK (DATA EAST) $ 4,250 or best offer with lots of mods

GORGAR $ 2,250 or best offer with new MPU board and new power supply $ 550 of new boards !

If you can't make the show and something doesn't sell at the show and you want to pick it up later or have it shipped - email Joe at [email protected]

We'll have Bug and Luke from Spooky Pinball in our booth !
    We'll have Brian Savage from Barrels of Fun in our booth !

See you there !
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
    #129 12 days ago

Just double checking is it correct that by pre purchasing our general admission tickets online we can get into the show at 9 am on Friday?

#130 12 days ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Just double checking is it correct that by pre purchasing our general admission tickets online we can get into the show at 9 am on Friday?

I didn’t hear that ? Where did u see that

#131 12 days ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

I didn’t hear that ? Where did u see that

Glad I asked this question and you asked about it as I think I misread this the other week. Post #2 Ivan said this, but after reading it now I see that just means we can get our bracelet starting at 9.

Additional details to share, the show will start at 10am on Friday. Pre-sale ticket holders can check in at 9am. Our alternate box office will be open to check you in and issue a bracelet.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#132 12 days ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

Glad I asked this question and you asked about it as I think I misread this the other week. Post #2 Ivan said this, but after reading it now I see that just means we can get our bracelet starting at 9.
    Additional details to share, the show will start at 10am on Friday. Pre-sale ticket holders can check in at 9am. Our alternate box office will be open to check you in and issue a bracelet.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

Good to know thanks for sharing

#133 11 days ago
    Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm also glad you asked . I was planning on getting to the show around 8:30,so that I could get inside at 9:00.

#134 11 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm also glad you asked . I was planning on getting to the show around 8:30,so that I could get inside at 9:00.

Was told tickets people can check in and get the there bands but can’t go in until 10 pm

#135 11 days ago

What's needed for picking up shirts and online ordered tickets? A friend can't go and offered their ticket if I pick up their shirt. Do I just need their email confirmation?

#136 11 days ago
    Quoted from mikedg:

What's needed for picking up shirts and online ordered tickets? A friend can't go and offered their ticket if I pick up their shirt. Do I just need their email confirmation?

Your friend should have electronic tickets they are on his phone or he can print them out for u and they will scan them for your band and T- shirts I believe

#137 11 days ago

are there anythings that are "must do" right at the start? freebies? things to check out that get really long lines?

#138 11 days ago
    Quoted from mikedg:

are there anythings that are "must do" right at the start? freebies? things to check out that get really long lines?

If you want to play the newest games at the vendor booths, yeah you may want to find a short line and get into it. But it’s not really like that; no freebies or anything. Just show up and have fun !

#139 11 days ago

Pinball baby have fun that’s what it’s about

#140 11 days ago

I need a lumper. (A lumper is a cash worker who helps truck drivers unload freight.)

I hauled three machines out of my basement today and it just about killed me. I'm 75, have bad knees, a tired back and no strength left. I just cannot get these machines legged up by myself. I will pay $30 cash in hand up front to a young man (or woman) who can work with me for an hour to get my three machines legged up. I don't care if you have one of those jack/pulley/crank thingys that does all the work for you, $30.

Please PM me if you can help, but don't expect a reply tonight, I'm hitting the sack.

Alan

#141 10 days ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I need a lumper. (A lumper is a cash worker who helps truck drivers unload freight.)
    I hauled three machines out of my basement today and it just about killed me. I'm 75, have bad knees, a tired back and no strength left. I just cannot get these machines legged up by myself. I will pay $30 cash in hand up front to a young man (or woman) who can work with me for an hour to get my three machines legged up. I don't care if you have one of those jack/pulley/crank thingys that does all the work for you, $30.
    Please PM me if you can help, but don't expect a reply tonight, I'm hitting the sack.
    Alan

I feel your pain! (Said in Bill Clinton's voice).

#142 10 days ago

am I correct in understanding that with service fees, the online tickets are roughly the same price as buying tickets the day of? the big advantage would be maybe a shorter line at online pickup?

#143 10 days ago

Yes. $25 with service fees. Show is tryingv to speed up lines with presales.

#144 10 days ago

#145 10 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

Quoted from 80spit:

Well you would be considered a tourist lol. Stop at Shady for Breakfast. Lots of my friends say it's pretty good and trailer friendly. How bad can you screw up breakfast anyways You can eat donuts til you exploded and have cheese for you Santa lol
    Around here we call it pigs to the trough lol
    Will be great to hear you experience

Thanks guys! Checking it out now.

If you are coming from the south Shady Maple is about an hour south and amazing. It's an all you can eat amish buffet the size of a small wall-mart... supposedly the largest in the country. I'm here for breakfast and it's impressive. They even have covered horse parking! Gonna check out the furniture place and attached tourist trap to kill some time before the show opens. Honestly, your friends at work would probably rather hear about this place than the pinball show.

$16 for a huge breakfast...

20240502_083410 (resized).jpg20240502_083410 (resized).jpg20240502_084144 (resized).jpg20240502_084144 (resized).jpg
    #146 10 days ago

If I've already purchased an online ticket for tomorrow, do I just show up and skip the lines to get in? I'm trying to time when I leave and curious how the online ticket process works.

Thanks!

#147 10 days ago

You show up between 9 and 10am to get your wristband and then come back at 10am to get in without waiting.

Quoted from per3per3:

If I've already purchased an online ticket for tomorrow, do I just show up and skip the lines to get in? I'm trying to time when I leave and curious how the online ticket process works.
    Thanks!

#148 10 days ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You show up between 9 and 10am to get your wristband and then come back at 10am to get in without waiting.

What could go wrong.

#149 10 days ago

Going to my first Pinfest this weekend - can’t wait! With all the people and games does the place get warm? Looks like it’s only going to be a 61 on Saturday but wasn’t sure what it’s going to be like inside.

#150 10 days ago

Quick question...

I haven't read this whole forum but if I pre-purchased my tickets and printed them out, do I still have to wait on that long line to get in to buy tickets or do I just go to where they see your tickets and they give you the wristband. Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pinfest-2024-official-show-details-thread-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.