Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_084144 (resized).jpg
    20240502_083410 (resized).jpg
    PS Logo (resized).jpg
    Williams-Vertical-Banner-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    TMNT_Villain_Flyland-18x24-Poster-Mockup-thumbnail (resized).jpg
    Williams-Mashup2-supercolor-buzz-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    White-Water-supercolor-buzzz-1-social-media (resized).jpg
    VooDoo-LED-Frames-thumb_copy-social-media (resized).jpg
    TMNT-Heroes-Art-Print-8-social-media (resized).jpg
    Pinbrew-2024-8 (resized).jpg
    Skateboard-Tiki-1-low-res (resized).jpg
    Pinball_Wizard_FlyLand_T-Shirt_Mockup_copy_Centered-social-media (resized).jpg
    No-Good-Gofers-Art-Print-12-social-media (resized).jpg
    No_Good_Gofers_SIDE_BLADES-social-media (resized).jpg
    Nemo-Art-Print-8_copy-social-media (resized).jpg
    Legend-of-Zelda-18x24-10-social-media (resized).jpg
    There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 80 days ago

Hi all, I thought it would make more sense to start this thread with show info. Littering up the other thread with show details would cause unnecessary noise.

I’d like to inform everyone that we’ve launched online ticket sales on our website. We are including weekend passes for the first time. It’s our hope that this will significantly reduce the wait time. Day passes for adults and children also available.

Shirts will also be available up to 4xl. You will be able to order your needs for pickup at the show.

Standard and I-Glass can also be ordered. https://aftontickets.com/Pinfest2024

Please feel free to share your opinions with us.

Here is this years shirt in 4 colors and art.
    0ED5CE77-9AD7-4456-8B62-CF2F80BB90EB (resized).jpeg0ED5CE77-9AD7-4456-8B62-CF2F80BB90EB (resized).jpeg7200A632-A257-4689-8032-AFB14E4F72EA (resized).jpeg7200A632-A257-4689-8032-AFB14E4F72EA (resized).jpeg764CED8F-68BB-4C14-BFB4-594EC99BFD25 (resized).jpeg764CED8F-68BB-4C14-BFB4-594EC99BFD25 (resized).jpegC24BD9BE-2847-4FCB-908F-FC4052852F9D (resized).jpegC24BD9BE-2847-4FCB-908F-FC4052852F9D (resized).jpegD260BC2F-226D-4ADC-A96D-D2EB6154B252 (resized).jpegD260BC2F-226D-4ADC-A96D-D2EB6154B252 (resized).jpeg

#2 80 days ago

Additional details to share, the show will start at 10am on Friday. Pre-sale ticket holders can check in at 9am. Our alternate box office will be open to check you in and issue a bracelet.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#3 80 days ago

Love the T Shirt design!

Is the only way to get one is to be at show, or is there mail order?

#4 80 days ago
    Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Love the T Shirt design!

We will be providing a link for that. My shirt guy will be handling mail order for those who can’t be at the show. Those purchases are done thru him direct.

Thank you for your consideration

#5 80 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I’d like to inform everyone that we’ve launched online ticket sales on our website. We are including weekend passes for the first time. It’s our hope that this will significantly reduce the wait time.

ONLINE TICKET SALES!!!!

#6 80 days ago

Love the T Shirt design!

Looks like the shark is eating everything!

#7 80 days ago

Allentown will be awesome as usual

#8 80 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Additional details to share, the show will start at 10am on Friday. Pre-sale ticket holders can check in at 9am. Our alternate box office will be open to check you in and issue a bracelet.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

What time can the vendors get in? It was 8am. Can we get in 7-7:30?

#9 79 days ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

What time can the vendors get in? It was 8am. Can we get in 7-7:30?

I suppose we’ll make adjustments. 7-7:30 seems reasonable enough.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#10 78 days ago

Anxiously waiting for this show! Only thing I don't like is I'm another year older. Long live pinball!

#11 78 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

We will be providing a link for that. My shirt guy will be handling mail order for those who can’t be at the show. Those purchases are done thru him direct.

Thank you Ivan and have a great show!

#12 78 days ago

Thanks for the info Ivan,
    Sure it will be another Epic show like it usually is.
    Appreciate the Hard work you and your team put in every Year. Can't wait to see Everyone

Are you working with any hotels this year again?

Thanks Mike
    Mvp pinball parts

Screenshot_20240224_122724_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240224_122724_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #13 78 days ago

We have four hotels up on our site. Waiting on the link for Ramada. Should have that up on Monday.

The shows packed again this year with vendors. We have 9 waiting if space opens. Much higher then usual freeplay registrations. Over 50 registered in February?!? Unheard of.

Thanks for all the continued support. We really feel blessed have all you contributors. You continue to inspire us to improve the experience.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

1 week later
    #14 66 days ago

On the Lodging page of the Pinfest website, clicking on the Four Points by Sheraton logo takes you to the Ramada instead.

#15 66 days ago

When you say presale ticket holders can check in at 9am friday, Does that mean they are let into the facility at 9am ?

#16 65 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I couldn’t find a link to order an event shirt. Am I missing it or just not up yet? Thanks Ivan.

#17 65 days ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

On the Lodging page of the Pinfest website, clicking on the Four Points by Sheraton logo takes you to the Ramada instead.

Issue has been corrected. Thanks for pointing that out Alan.

#18 65 days ago

I couldn’t find a link to order an event shirt. Am I missing it or just not up yet? Thanks Ivan.

On our website is the large ticket on the top. That will direct you to all options we have available. Scroll down to shirts and select size and color.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#19 65 days ago
    Quoted from podolj:

When you say presale ticket holders can check in at 9am friday, Does that mean they are let into the facility at 9am ?

No it doesn’t, early check in will get you your band so you can be ready for 10am start. Your pre-purchased band will allow you to bypass the ticket buying line. You will be able get in by showing your band.

The whole point of this is to address the lengthy line we’ve had. Early open and pre-selling of tickets should help this issue, in theory. Our first year with pre-sales, expect a bit of a learning curve.

#20 65 days ago

Or try this

https://aftontickets.com/Pinfest2024

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

1 week later
    #21 58 days ago

I could bring an uber rare Algar for sale. (which was sold already) in years past.
    It was in the tournament a couple of years ago. So, the sale didn't work for timing.

#22 58 days ago

I could also bring a Medusa that is 100% redone for electronics as well as clear-coated playfield done up properly.
    New backglass; +as well as LED's and everything else done on this game by the best of the best over the last 4 years.

#23 58 days ago

Thanks again Ivan. I only see “pick up at show.” I thought there was a mail order for those who couldn’t attend. Thanks again.

#24 57 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

No it doesn’t, early check in will get you your band so you can be ready for 10am start. Your pre-purchased band will allow you to bypass the ticket buying line. You will be able get in by showing your band.
    The whole point of this is to address the lengthy line we’ve had. Early open and pre-selling of tickets should help this issue, in theory. Our first year with pre-sales, expect a bit of a learning curve.

Good morning! If we're bringing a game for free play on Friday, is there a specific time window before the show on Friday morning that we should arrive? (Sorry for the question, first time bringing a game to a show)

#25 57 days ago
    Quoted from WARLOCK:

I could also bring a Medusa that is 100% redone for electronics as well as clear-coated playfield done up properly.
    New backglass; +as well as LED's and everything else done on this game by the best of the best over the last 4 years.

Buy/sell thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2024-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk

#26 57 days ago

Announcing the Allentown Pinfest Tournament - May 3-4th 2024

Greg “WPPRelli” Poverelli and “Crazy” Levi Nayman are proud to return as your hosts of the 2024 Allentown Pinfest Tournament. All of the BOOMs coming live from Marc Patenaude and Backhand Pinball. We hope to see all of you there!

Tournament format:

A $130 ticket enters competitors into the Main Open tournament and pays for all entries.

Qualifying time is limited to all day Friday, May 3rd, 12 noon to 9 pm, and it is a limited entry format. All competitors will play 12 entries on 12 different machines in a tournament bank of up to 20 machines, and all entries will count toward qualifying position. Finals, starting at 9am on Saturday, May 4th, will consist of the top 24 qualifiers in A Division. Finalists will be competing for cash prizes and trophies, plus the glory of being named the Pinfest Champion! There will also be a B Division finals for the next 16 qualifiers ranked outside the top 250 IFPA Pro rankings as of May 3rd. Please note, the B finals results will not affect the final IFPA submission and are for prizes and trophies only.

Games will encompass all eras of pinball machines.

Finals will be PAPA style four-player group scoring, 4-2-1-0 scoring. Finals matches will be played on pre-selected banks encompassing all eras, ensuring a diverse and exciting finals experience for players and viewers watching on stream. Highest seed has choice of bank. The same bank cannot be selected twice by the same player, and banks may change between rounds. Due to time restrictions tied to this venue, all tiebreakers in finals will be on a "classics" machine. Higher seed has choice of game or order of the classics games.

There is no pre-registration, and this event is cash only. Players are encouraged to arrive as close to the 12 pm kickoff as possible, to ensure that all players get their 12 entries in by the 9 pm cutoff. Everyone will have enough time to complete their ticket, as this format is designed so you can also enjoy the show!

There will be an IFPA sanctioned Women’s tournament, $20 entry with trophies and cash payouts, with limited entry on a number of games to be determined. The finals will also be PAPA format with top 8 qualifiers. Please note due to time restrictions, anyone who qualifies in both the main as well as the women’s finals might have to play both concurrently. Please note if you only play women’s and not the main, it will be $50 to enter ($20+30)

There will be a charity side tournament benefiting Project Pinball. A kid's division for ages 12 and under will be determined by interest at the show. If your kid wants to participate in competitive pinball please let us know!

The PAPA / IFPA rule set will be in effect. All rulings made and decisions by the tournament directors are final.

Volunteers and machines:

The Tournament Directors are seeking volunteers for desk registration and scorekeeping assistance. There will be an exclusive hour of qualifying time available for these volunteers, 9:15 to 10:15 pm on Friday, May 3rd. Compensation will also be offered based on the number of hours volunteering. We also need more games for the tournament and are offering free entry in the main tournament or $100. Please reach out to discuss.

Tentative games list (final list will be 20+ games main and women's banks TBD)

Mandalorian pro
    Hardbody
    Star Trek Pro
    Bally Lost World
    Aerosmith pro
    Pinball Pool
    Foo Fighters pro
    Bow and Arrow
    James Bond 007 premium
    Led Zeppelin pro
    Genesis
    Congo

As gameslist grows or updates, look for posts on the FB group page!

See more information about the Allentown Pinfest show, one of the Northeast’s longest running and premier pinball events, at http://www.pinfestival.com/

1 week later
    #27 51 days ago

Is there a vendor list or map available? I am trying to figure out if Shay Arcade Group will be at the show. Thanks!

#28 51 days ago
    Quoted from Johnnybee:

Is there a vendor list or map available? I am trying to figure out if Shay Arcade Group will be at the show. Thanks!

https://www.pinfestival.com/

#29 51 days ago

The 'vendors coming to the show' link is blank, vendors are 'coming soon'. I am still trying to find out if Shay will be at the show.

#30 50 days ago
    Quoted from Johnnybee:

The 'vendors coming to the show' link is blank, vendors are 'coming soon'. I am still trying to find out if Shay will be at the show.

This is what Butch was trying to show you.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #31 50 days ago
    Quoted from Johnnybee:

If you're looking for a backglass, Jeff Moorehead sells Shay backglasses at the show. Back corner of the flea market area. You can contact him thru Facebook.

#32 47 days ago

Can you get the 5 sheets of I-glass for $500 at the show or do you have to pre-order? It appears that a $32 service charge is added if you buy them ahead of time.

#33 47 days ago
    Quoted from gac:

Can you get the 5 sheets of I-glass for $500 at the show or do you have to pre-order? It appears that a $32 service charge is added if you buy them ahead of time.

There is ??

#34 47 days ago

Apparently

IMG_2815 (resized).pngIMG_2815 (resized).png
    #35 47 days ago

Service charge on everything!!

#36 47 days ago

Just another plug for the tournament, targeted at folks who are weary of tournaments:

The Allentown tournament is unlike all other high-value tournaments in that it will NOT monopolize your day, will not leave you feeling battered, and will not become the entire focus of your show experience. The latest IFPA rules are designed to artificially inflate the value of the WPPR, and encourage tournament directors to torture players as much as possible. You've seen this around the circuit with established tourneys drastically lengthening the amount of qualifying play, adding games to finals play etc. in a rabid thirst for increasingly meaningless, inflated WPPRs that a dwindling few actually care about. This has resulted in pinball tournament boot camp; endless qualifying play, endless lines, and no time to do anything else but hang out in the tournament area.

You WON'T see that at the Allentown Pinfest Tournament. At APT, you play 12 GAMES, and that's it, on Friday. You will play 12 games of your choice out of a bank of likely 18 or so games.

That's it. Then, at the end of the day, the scores are all tabulated, and the top 24 make finals, which will be played on Saturday. An additional top 16 I believe will make B finals.

So, this is a great tournament for folks who have been intimidated by the "boot camp pinball torture" culture of IFPA tournament that is currently en vouge, or folks who have never played a tournament before and aren't ready to spend their entire weekend trying to qualify.

With our format, you play 12 games. Everybody else plays 12 games. That's it. Lines aren't an issue, you'll have no problem finishing your ticket, and you'll have tons of time to enjoy the show, go the farmer's market, shoot the shit in the parking lot, etc.

We do it this way to make it work in a shorter time frame (noon-9pm on Friday), and because as players ourselves, we are tired of the "torture your players" ethos that has come to define modern tournament pinball. This is the kind of tournament *I* like to play in, so that's the way we run it.

We've had a lot of first-timers play in this tournament over the past couple of years, and we've made many converts. So give it a shot! It's fun, it won't ruin your show, and you might surprise yourself.

And, not recommending it, but we've had people show up as late as 6pm and STILL get in all 12 of their games, and qualify for finals (Koi Morris famously did this last year).

Seeya at the show! And, we still need some games for the tournament, so if you've got something to bring, and want to a) get into the show all weekend for free, early, and play in the tournament for free (a $170 value), send me a message!

#37 46 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Service charge on everything!!

I think that this should be disclosed before you click on the item you want to buy (admission, shirt, glass). Still not sure if glass deal will be available at show if not preordered.

#38 46 days ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Apparently
    [quoted image]

Ivan1496 it’s 6.45%. Is that a service charge or sales tax?

#39 46 days ago

Sales tax ?

#40 46 days ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Ivan1496 it’s 6.45%. Is that a service charge or sales tax?

PA sales tax is 6% but clothing is not subject to it

#41 46 days ago

This years maps have been updated at Pinfestival.com

The vendor hall and flea market are sold out.

#42 46 days ago
    Quoted from AssaultSuit:

PA sales tax is 6% but clothing is not subject to it

I’m not sure what this is. I guess I better investigate it. I thought I was being charged the service fee’s?

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#43 46 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I’m not sure what this is. I guess I better investigate it. I thought I was being charged the service fee’s?
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

The service fee’s for glass purchases has been removed. I’m absorbing those fees. Tickets and shirts will still have a small fee. This is how the online ticket offices make a bit.

Please let me know if issues continue.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#44 46 days ago
    Quoted from gac:

This has been corrected on my end. Ordering it or buying at the show is the same.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#45 46 days ago

That’s great Ivan thanks for doing this for everyone

#46 46 days ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

That’s great Ivan thanks for doing this for everyone

Just going thru some learning curves. I expected a couple of bumps.

Thanks for the understanding and patience.

Ivan

#47 46 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

This has been corrected on my end. Ordering it or buying at the show is the same.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

#48 46 days ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

This is why Ivan and Pinfest are the best. Doesn't get any better.

#49 46 days ago

Wooohooo I-glass bundle and shirt ordered. Thanks Ivan!

#50 46 days ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Wooohooo I-glass bundle and shirt ordered. Thanks Ivan!

Thanks Chris! We appreciate you all for the continued support.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2024

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pinfest-2024-official-show-details-thread- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.