IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Yay! Traded some old friends for some new friends.

Congrats! How about one of your good olde fashion in depth video reviews on your AS? Love to see that!

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

Aerosmith in the house!

Nice photo!

2 weeks later
#149 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hi gang ... I put together a gameplay vid for my AeroPro. It doesn't cover everything (as I am still learning the game) but in case you're bored:
» YouTube video
Thanks!!
Chris

I will grab another beer and watch this! Are you trying to get me drunk with all these cool video posts?

#174 6 years ago

I am thinking more UBUO which is "under bridge use only". Oh look there is Kiss! Lol.

IMG_4355 (resized).JPGIMG_4355 (resized).JPG

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

My better games are in the 150-200m range on 3 ball with a pitch of 7.5 on default settings. I have not made it to the first wizard mode yet as I many concentrate on completing the modes. On good games I usually on have 1-2 modes left though so I hopefully will see it soon. The final wizard mode is going to be a real challenge to get to. Doesn't seem impossible though.

Well you are a good player. Must be from them dem tough Bally's you play all the time!

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

FG will either make you better, I just make you quit pinball lol. Last night it made me feel like quiting

Don't quit! If you quit you could retire tomorrow. That would be horrible!

3 weeks later
#228 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Aerosmith LE #63 in the house
Loving this game - it is AWESOME

Congrats! You and I will have the same collection with POTC, IM, AS, SM and SW coming. Great taste!

3 weeks later
#260 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got my AS home last night after a grueling 13-hour, 760 mile round trip. I think it was worth it though, since it was $5000 for the game, upgraded rails AND the topper. I'll drive pretty far to save ~$900. As a side note, the "born on" date of March 9 is the exact day that I got laid off from my job of 23 years!
I'm really surprised that this topic is not on fire. This is the latest Stern that's out on location and in basements. Maybe everyone is playing AS instead of talking about it.

Awesome game! Put it next to MET!

3,000 posts in the other AS thread took a lot away from this one.

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

AS for whatever reason is being overlooked by a lot of people and they are missing out big time because this game is fantastic. Aerosmith IMO ranks right up there with any new Stern pin that you put it up against. It's that damn good!

Well I don't think it is overlooked now but totally was in the beginning.

I don't think anyone was looking at getting this game when it got revealed. Then folks played it, saw how cool it looked, how fun it played and then bought. Folks bought this game like they all should be bought. Try it, research and ask around, try it again and then buy. That is what I did.

I know 5 others in ATL that bought AS out of no where. Two of them played mine first. They all dig it. It is surprising really.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truly believe that you would love AS. It's best if you can find one to play in someone's house where you can hear the music and the sounds really good and let them explain the rules to you. The game is beautiful to look at, possibly the best art of any pinball machine that's ever been made and the shots are very satisfying and the rules are pretty easy to understand. There are lots of great games available right now, you have TWD, SW, GOT, MET etc but it's just whatever you like I guess. TWD is really and truly I guess the best one of the bunch but it's a hard game and intense like your GB is. AS is more of a nice relaxing and fun game. There are lots of good choices right now which makes it tough but that's a good problem to have also.

I am borrowing my friends TWD pro now and it is good, but tough. I have good friends huh?

I think AS can be tough but it so light hearted and fun that myself and others don't notice. I also noticed my wife and son won't play it and don't even want to look at TWD. That is a lot different then my wife saying "I like AS!", when I said I was looking at one. So TWD is out for me.

Have IM as my other Borg game. He is now for sure my favorite designer.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If AS is the only pin of the two he's considering you have, I can see why you would say that. If you have both to compare directly, it's a no-brainer. Dialed In is the obvious choice. That said, there's a $1600 price premium on the DI LE, so there IS that. But it's the better game.

Get Jack's balls out of your mouth! Kiss sucks! Go away!

3 weeks later
#381 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I wish this thread was active as the ghosting thread.
I'm stuck in Philadelphia until next Friday, missing my games and my kitty cats.

The Stern Aerosmith thread is more active. Safe travels!

1 week later
#393 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thanks guys! Hopefully ordering my AS Prem tomorrow or Monday!

Awesome! Good balance from your TWD. Borg.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Love those Borg games!

Yeah! Both TWD and AS are fun, but a totally different type of fun.

2 weeks later
#515 6 years ago

Pro owner and I bought it because of the cost savings. The Prem is better though, so if you have some cash to put towards a Prem go in that direction. If the extra cash is a little much for you then get a Pro. They both play great!

2 weeks later
#564 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

He charged 2 million to do a birthday party (heard that on celebrity news) wonder how much call outs would cost.

Wow. That kind of make me appreciate MET callouts a lot more.

2 weeks later
#583 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best thing about this protector is that it will guarantee the ball sits in the same spot every time for the kick.

I did not see the protector on the sight. Where did you get yours?

3 months later
#787 6 years ago

Zen or Rooftop - can you take a pic of your full machines with the blue powder coating?

They look good!

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

Because I've got to move my fridge when I need to take the glass off

Nah. Just open your fridge door and slide the last foot of the glass into the fridge when you take it off.

You’re welcome.

4 weeks later
#867 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

100 games in the gamesroom - and this is the one that’s usually in action.
rd

Agreed! When I want to have fun playing pinball it is a go to. AS is candy on a stick. Love it.

4 weeks later
#1048 6 years ago

I thought Prem was better, but I did not want to spend almost $2000 extra for one, so I got a Pro. Love it. Most fun I had on a pin really.

Borg makes great Pros - MET TWD Kiss, IM etc. I would put AS in that group of really good games.

But as mentioned you can wait longer for the last update to see if it how much polish it gets before you get AS. Probably a good idea. Patience pays off in pinball, but it is so hard to have in pinball!

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

So what are these going for NIB these days, $5200?

Believe so. Some huo ones pop up though. Grab one of those of semi local.

2 weeks later
#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The AS hate is strong with this guy, don’t listen to him. As SR would say, PLAY BETTER.

I kind of used to think that also but not really anymore.

I think Vireland is just a super passionate pinhead and wants stern to finish some of their games, like Kiss and AS, that they started to make them really great. Also do better on quality control issues. Don’t we all really?

Vireland is very knowledgeable and helps a lot of folks deal with little and larger issues. That is what I come away with at least.

#1212 6 years ago

Oh well.

Bring on Summer for more code!

#1221 6 years ago

They said Summer. Summer.

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

All stabs aside I’m glad to see this update
It’s nice to see some cleanup resulting in a stable game.

We will get an AS update and then and only then we will both get IMDN.

Doh! I lied. I am weak. I have IMDN coming and I don’t even like the band. It will be put next to AS. I did not show Stern. I know. I know. I suck.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I need a Maiden next to my AS.

Folks will pay a fair penny and drive 15+ hours round trip to pick up your FH. That will get you most of the way there. Eddie or Rudy?? Hmmm.

AS ain’t leaving my collection anytime soon. Most fun game I have ever played. Sugar on a stick.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Keep it up & one day your whole collection of games will be incomplete lol

Oh yeah maybe that is my goal!

Uh wait. What is my goal anyway?

Stern is like a Bully that takes my kids college and my retirement money every time he sees me, but I keep walking down his block every year. What is wrong with me?

What is up with you being right anyway? So annoying!

#1285 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Ultimate AS Pro!
Just installed my speaker lights (Doug at Speaker Light Kits is undeniably top shelf!) with my custom stainless steel mirror finish speaker grill & topper, custom sculpted Jackie & Jackie shooter rod, Joe Perry replica guitars, side armor with EL lighting. Yep, she's a keeper!
» YouTube video

That is far out. I have AS next to A MET now also. Friggin awesome combo! And Eddie is coming in a couple of weeks.

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

I custom sculpted (hydraulic clay) Jacky simply because I just got tired of looking at that butt ugly nut sack under his chin.

I actually like Peter’s “chin sack” on the FG pin.

F5B02EB4-FA42-4BE9-BEA9-05F4DF61C0BB (resized).pngF5B02EB4-FA42-4BE9-BEA9-05F4DF61C0BB (resized).png

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Haven't gotten far in scoring, but it is fun, without frustration to play...every game is a blast!

When I have bad games I tend to get a "Oh I really sucked during that game, but it was fun anyway! Hit start again! Yay!" feeling when I play AS.

Pretty unusual for a Borg game to be like that.

2 weeks later
#1362 6 years ago

AS got company when I added MET and IMDN to my gameroom last weekend.

Sick of music pins?! Ha! If they are like IMDN, MET and AS buy them all!

DD00A9D3-8ADD-49D9-A911-BD19CBB06C0C (resized).jpegDD00A9D3-8ADD-49D9-A911-BD19CBB06C0C (resized).jpeg
1775D221-3855-4F31-9578-2CE84C8EAB86 (resized).jpeg1775D221-3855-4F31-9578-2CE84C8EAB86 (resized).jpeg

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

"Wish you were closer"

I have not heard much IMDN because I grew up in the US listening to FM, so a lot of Led Zep, Van Halen and ACDC. Ugh! LOL! I went from - I can't get an IMDN pin, to - I am really getting an IMDN pin?! Music is good actually. Fun layout, rules and shots. Play one if you can.

I have had a half a dozen folks over since I got IMDN FRI and many are buying one. Anyone in ATL who wants to play mine send a PM and I can see what I can do.

I cant believe I have AS, MET and IMDN in my lineup. So awesome! Add a mini wizard mode to AS and I would be a happy guy!

#1381 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

About to join the club (check sent). I was curious how much people would recommend a flipper fidelity speaker upgrade. I'm definitely ordering the LED kit for the translite from them and figured I would just get both at the same time. It's my first music pin. I've only ever played this on location so never really got to hear the sound by itself with factory speakers. Worth it or do the factory speakers do just fine?

I think stock is fine but other speakers offer a little better sound. Listin to your SW to see what AS will be like. I heard you can play with the bass and tremble on AS with the new update so I would wait and work with what you have first before seeing about an upgrade.

#1384 6 years ago

Yeah some folks crank their volume really loud on their pins during play. I like the music loud but I have mid 40’s, sensitive, old man ears now and can only take it so loud.

Anyone remember hearing some of the Stern pins at the Marco booth at TPF?! My friend was helping Marco and I told him I heard someone’s older Mom hurt her ears from the volume being up so loud. Well the older lady was actually me. Lol. He turned them down.

The reason for my lower tolerance for loud now is likely because back in the day I cranked up my Klipsch speakers so high listening to Aerosmith in the first place. Simple cause and effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.