20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 82.
#601 6 years ago

Hi All,

Looking for some help with my Aerosmith pro. Having issues with my toy box motor and was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions or if this has happened to them. When initially playing my game after it has been off for a while I have no issues but as I play for a bit the motor for the lifting mechanism seems to go dead- no effort, grinding or getting wedged- just doesn't do anything. I've checked all connections and they're all good. when attempting to do the feature test the motor doesn't even try to cycle when this is happening. Other times its fine and has no issues in play or in test mode. Also I've noticed intermittently the platform that the balls would sit on does not fully reach the lip dumping the balls occasionally. Any suggestions on where to start? New to working on machines and would like to try and avoid having a professional come out to take care of it.

Thanks.
Chris

#602 6 years ago

im guessing some where in this thread, its been discussed, i got my pro yesterday played about 20 games, toy box seemed fine other than the kickout was shooting the ball beyond the box 1/3 of the time, so today i got home played another 10 games or so and the toy box lid would not stay open, when i went into coil tests, i have nothing on the lid hold test, has this happened to others?
waiting to hear back from stern.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

im guessing some where in this thread, its been discussed, i got my pro yesterday played about 20 games, toy box seemed fine other than the kickout was shooting the ball beyond the box 1/3 of the time, so today i got home played another 10 games or so and the toy box lid would not stay open, when i went into coil tests, i have nothing on the lid hold test, has this happened to others?
waiting to hear back from stern.

Nothing or nothing visible? (expect to hear a click or hum but it shouldn't move much if at all. Its just a hold to keep the lid up once its up).

#604 6 years ago

nothing at all, the lift coil was very hot to the touch, interesting enough when the coil cooled down it worked again,

Quoted from pkrobin:Nothing or nothing visible? (expect to hear a click or hum but it shouldn't move much if at all. Its just a hold to keep the lid up once its up).

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

nothing at all, the lift coil was very hot to the touch, interesting enough when the coil cooled down it worked again,

Hmmm. Should be interesting to hear what Stern has to say. I'm sure you looked at physical connections and so forth but sounds like the lift coil is trying to do the holding and of course getting hot and failing.

#606 6 years ago

Has anyone out there found it necessary to install a Cliffy shooter lane protector on AS? Even though Stern has a partial protector in place which covers most of the area, I noticed there is a specific one available from Pinball Life.
Anyone find it necessary to install the full protector or is the factory one good enough?

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Has anyone out there found it necessary to install a Cliffy shooter lane protector on AS? Even though Stern has a partial protector in place which covers most of the area, I noticed there is a specific one available from Pinball Life.
Anyone find it necessary to install the full protector or is the factory one good enough?

I just put a piece of removable mylar in my shooter lane for added protection and so far so good

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just put a piece of removable mylar in my shooter lane for added protection and so far so good

Did that also. Just ordered the cliffy that lies flat on the RHS also. Should help.

#609 6 years ago

Double Cliffy protection for me!

Stern shooter lanes ain't as durable as they were a few years ago so protection is a must.

IMG_2189 (resized).JPGIMG_2189 (resized).JPG

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Double Cliffy protection for me!
Stern shooter lanes ain't as durable as they were a few years ago so protection is a must.

i think you're right, i'm going with the double Cliffy. Thanks guys

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from CJD312:

Hi All,
Looking for some help with my Aerosmith pro. Having issues with my toy box motor and was hoping to see if anyone had any suggestions or if this has happened to them. When initially playing my game after it has been off for a while I have no issues but as I play for a bit the motor for the lifting mechanism seems to go dead- no effort, grinding or getting wedged- just doesn't do anything. I've checked all connections and they're all good. when attempting to do the feature test the motor doesn't even try to cycle when this is happening. Other times its fine and has no issues in play or in test mode. Also I've noticed intermittently the platform that the balls would sit on does not fully reach the lip dumping the balls occasionally. Any suggestions on where to start? New to working on machines and would like to try and avoid having a professional come out to take care of it.
Thanks.
Chris

Toy box elevator issue resolved. Was actually a poor connection on node board 8a. Connector CN1 to be exact. The connection seemed tight but it still wasn’t making connection. Seems to be back up and running without issue now!!!

#612 6 years ago

So looking at GOTG so far I think the toybox is a better toy than Groot and metal ramps on AS are way nicer.

I have seen nothing compelling enough on GOTG to make me want to rush to buy so may pick up a pro at a later date, if......

Stern show that they will finish games and add that extra polish to really make a game shine.

So, AS is good now but looking to the next update that will take the game up a notch.

Yesterday I had an amazing TITA MB but I didn't even see what the score was and so a Champion award would really, really be appreciated.

Still not seen a smart missile - they do sound great though

And scoring adjustments etc on Medley/Elevator would balance out the game.

So, will Stern really go to town with the next update?

If they do not only will AS be an even better game, it would also give me confidence buying another game that is not yet finished.

1 week later
#613 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cliffy's finally got the kickout protectors done.....

This post refers to a "cliffy" protector but the pictures are of a mantis style protector, any more information on where this hole protector can be purchased?

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This post refers to a "cliffy" protector but the pictures are of a mantis style protector, any more information on where this hole protector can be purchased?

Cliffy. It had to be made this way because of the shape of the kickout.

#615 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

It's a cliffy. Email him.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's a cliffy. Email him.

I took your advice and e-mailed Cliffy and actually found out he has a full protector set available for the Premium/LE playfield!

Hers are the pics he sent me for this set...
Aerosmith-Prem-set (resized).jpgAerosmith-Prem-set (resized).jpg
AS-elevator-001 (resized).jpgAS-elevator-001 (resized).jpg
AS-lowerELV-003 (resized).jpgAS-lowerELV-003 (resized).jpg
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpgAS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg
AS-shooter-set (resized).jpgAS-shooter-set (resized).jpg

#617 6 years ago

That's the one. Now enjoy installing.

I seem to spend half my life installing cliffy's.

#618 6 years ago

Installing Cliffys is the easy part, since I'm starting from here ... It's all the rest that's gonna be time consuming.

DSC00221 (resized).JPGDSC00221 (resized).JPG

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Installing is the easy part, since I'm starting from here ...

Ha, that's cheating lol

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Installing Cliffys is the easy part, since I'm starting from here ... It's all the rest that's gonna be time consuming.

why is yours all apart?

#621 6 years ago

Just ordered my first premium! It should be here next week!

Now I just need to figure out, other than cliffys, what other mods I want right away.

My first shaker motor is coming from pinball life as we speak. It's going in my TWD pro to see what it's like. Never played a pin with a shaker.

If I like it, maybe I'll put one in my shiny, new AS Premium!

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

why is yours all apart?

Replacement playfield from Stern due to manufacturing defects on my original playfield

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Just ordered my first premium! It should be here next week!
Now I just need to figure out, other than cliffys, what other mods I want right away.
My first shaker motor is coming from pinball life as we speak. It's going in my TWD pro to see what it's like. Never played a pin with a shaker.

Shaker in aerosmith is not really used. I have one installed.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Shaker in aerosmith is not really used. I have one installed.

Really? Mine is used quite a bit.

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I could be wrong here, but I believe the shaker motor used in SAM systems is different that the one compatible with SPIKE systems that your AS has. That being said, I hear the addition of a shaker in your Metallica would be kick ass!

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I could be wrong here, but I believe the shaker motor used in SAM systems is different that the one compatible with SPIKE systems that your AS has. That being said, I hear the addition of a shaker in your Metallica would be kick ass!

Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my post. I'm still on a just new pin high and probably writing too quickly. Lol.

Anyway, I bought a shaker for my TWD to see what it's like. If I'm a fan, then I'd consider buying other shakers for my other pins. Not sure I'd want them in all of them, and I'm not sure my wife would want one in Metallica since that's the pin she plays the most.

I guess we'll find out after we see how we like the one I got for TWD.

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Sorry if I wasn't very clear in my post. I'm still on a just new pin high and probably writing too quickly. Lol.
Anyway, I bought a shaker for my TWD to see what it's like. If I'm a fan, then I'd consider buying other shakers for my other pins. Not sure I'd want them in all of them, and I'm not sure my wife would want one in Metallica since that's the pin she plays the most.

Shakers are awesome and TWD is a good game to have a shaker in also. All of my new games have shakers except Aerosmith. You are going to love your new Aerosmith pin also. It is a great great game.......congrats!

#628 6 years ago

Looks like the hole in the cliffy shooter lane protector is in the wrong spot.

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I have shaker in all my games if possible, but on spike games especially I move the weights around so I get less vibration ,some believe the node boards are more susceptible to failure from vibration,can't hurt and you still get the feeling just less and I like less better except in jjp games that have a slower rumble type of shaker that I wish all shakers were like

#630 6 years ago

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route AS this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?

Thanks!

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m going to be putting some quality time on a route AS this weekend. Probably a pro, but not sure. Can anyone recommend a (fairly) simple approach to the game to have the most fun, get the most out of it and - to a lesser degree - score the best?
Thanks!

The simplest would be to complete songs then collect the song for super scoring (before draining otherwise you miss out on super scoring). Also wait on MB as the more balls in lock the bigger the jackpots but its of course a risk should you end up loosing your last ball before your MB... so sad to see all those balls just go down the drain.

#632 6 years ago

Thanks!

Here's a good goal. Lock 5 in the toybox then earn elevator MB by hitting the orbits and then the elevator. Do that 3 times, play a 5 ball elevator MB then when that's done lock the 6th in the Toybox and play another 6 ball MB.

Not easy but fun.

#633 6 years ago

In case you missed it, Pinball Side Mirrors is having a sweet deal on mirror blades for Black Friday. $59. These look great on Aerosmith.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#634 6 years ago

Anyone replaced stock speakers in Aerosmith?

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Here's a good goal. Lock 5 in the toybox then earn elevator MB by hitting the orbits and then the elevator. Do that 3 times, play a 5 ball elevator MB then when that's done lock the 6th in the Toybox and play another 6 ball MB.
Not easy but fun.

Small correction:

You only need 4 balls locked to start a 6 ball elevator multiball; the reason for this is that with 4 balls locked, when you start elevator MB you have ball 5 in play and only one in the trough, the game empties the trough first (2 balls) and then has to dump the toybox for the 3rd ball, this gives you the rest of the balls.

Side note: If you play on a Premium/LE that looses ball(s) under the upper playfield, locking the 5th ball will result in an immediate free 5 ball multiball since the game has to dump the toybox in order to put a ball back in play; then, locking the next ball will award you a 6 ball multiball even with no balls in the toybox

#636 6 years ago

Anyone want to leave the pro club - looking to purchase a used pro in northern Ohio / Michigan?

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Small correction:
You only need 4 balls locked to start a 6 ball elevator multiball; the reason for this is that with 4 balls locked, when you start elevator MB you have ball 5 in play and only one in the trough, the game empties the trough first (2 balls) and then has to dump the toybox for the 3rd ball, this gives you the rest of the balls.
Side note: If you play on a Premium/LE that looses ball(s) under the upper playfield, locking the 5th ball will result in an immediate free 5 ball multiball since the game has to dump the toybox in order to put a ball back in play; then, locking the next ball will award you a 6 ball multiball even with no balls in the toybox

Or just lock 3 balls, then start Elevator MB, and get an add a ball award from the mystery/scoop.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Anyone replaced stock speakers in Aerosmith?

Yes! Went with FF and they sound fantastic. Really made a difference.

#639 6 years ago

Just unboxed my Pro yesterday. Arrived in great condition. I noticed the rubber backbox bumpers are missing. Can't imagine they omit these for Pro owners only? My SWLE had them installed. If you have a Pro, lmk if you had bumpers on the backbox. Thanks!

snaroff

IMG_8191 (resized).jpgIMG_8191 (resized).jpg

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If you have a Pro, lmk if you had bumpers on the backbox. Thanks!

FYI - No bumpers on my Pro.

#641 6 years ago

They should be on game.

I had to ask for a set to be sent out.

#642 6 years ago

hi,

i'm looking for the marshall amp speaker mod. does anyone has an idea where i can get it?

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The simplest would be to complete songs then collect the song for super scoring (before draining otherwise you miss out on super scoring). Also wait on MB as the more balls in lock the bigger the jackpots but its of course a risk should you end up loosing your last ball before your MB... so sad to see all those balls just go down the drain.

Do collect songs at the scoop? And what’s more lucrative/fun, toy box MB or Elevator?

#644 6 years ago

Do collect songs at the scoop? And what’s more lucrative/fun, toy box MB or Elevator?

Each song will light a final shot after the timer expires to collect (usually multiple available). Not all songs require you to complete every shot but doing so improves the super scoring.

I'm not sure which is more lucrative but Elevator is more fun for me, mainly because its more challenging to start and some of the call-outs are pretty funny.

#645 6 years ago

Any one replace the song Walk this way with the RunDMC verison?

IMG_5633 (resized).JPGIMG_5633 (resized).JPG

IMG_5678 (resized).JPGIMG_5678 (resized).JPG

IMG_5679 (resized).JPGIMG_5679 (resized).JPG

#646 6 years ago

I'm planning of getting an Aerosmith in the near future and I'm wondering if the LE is worth the extra money? I looked at the matrix and it appears that the only real difference between the LE and Premium is that the LE has a "real backglass". So what is a real backglass anyway? I think that a translite is basically a poster behind glass right? So then how is a backglass made and what really makes it better. I have a Phantom of the Opera and that has a backglass in which I think the art is actually painted on it but I don't think that is really done anymore? I watched several youtube videos and seen several pictures and can't tell a difference in the way the backglass art looks between the models but there has to be something that make people buy the LE.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I'm planning of getting an Aerosmith in the near future and I'm wondering if the LE is worth the extra money? I looked at the matrix and it appears that the only real difference between the LE and Premium is that the LE has a "real backglass". So what is a real backglass anyway? I think that a translite is basically a poster behind glass right? So then how is a backglass made and what really makes it better. I have a Phantom of the Opera and that has a backglass in which I think the art is actually painted on it but I don't think that is really done anymore? I watched several youtube videos and seen several pictures and can't tell a difference in the way the backglass art looks between the models but there has to be something that make people buy the LE.

The LE/Premium also has a upper playfield and probably a few other things, not sure. All models are fantastic I can tell you that. I haven’t personally played the Premium model but I hear the upper playfield is a lot of fun on AS. I have the Pro model and I absolutely love it. It is so much fun and I am keeping it forever.

#648 6 years ago

Yeah I defiantly want one. Just wondering if getting the LE with the real backglass is worth the extra cash. Anybody seen an LE? Does the backglass really look better?

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Yeah I defiantly want one. Just wondering if getting the LE with the real backglass is worth the extra cash. Anybody seen an LE? Does the backglass really look better?

I’m sure the backglass probably looks better than a translite. When they say real backglass they just mean it’s a backglass like the games in the older days instead of a piece of plastic with a picture behind it. I wish all games had real backglasses because yes they do look a lot better but is it worth the extra cash? Not for me probably but if money wasn’t an issue for me then I’d say I would probably go ahead and get one maybe. It’s really just what a person wants I think. If money is an issue for you I’d say get the Pro and save the rest of the money and put it toward another game, because as you know......2 games are better than one!

#650 6 years ago

Probably good advice but I only have room for three games at a time so I think I'll go all out and get the Premium or LE since I don't have the room for more than one additional game right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.