20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Congrats on the new purchase. I love mine.
(Somewhat sad as I only have room for 1 pin setup at a time and had to fold Aerosmith on Thursday in order to setup Starwars -but it will be back!)
I have not yet solved the right ramp reject issue. When you fix it, please report back, and/or drop me a msg.
Have fun!

Thanks! I will keep you posted if I figure anything out.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Got my premium yesterday... love it!
A few observations/questions:
- Playfield looks amazing.
- Elevator MB is AWESOME! And I heard the intro to "Love in an Elevator" finally.
- No cabinet issues that I can see at the moment.
- I am getting the issue where the ball gets rejected and won't go around the upper playfield orbit when I shoot the ball up the right ramp. I will look into the fixes mentioned above in this thread.
- Is there a 12v/5v power tap anywhere? I saved some BriteButtons illuminated flipper buttons from a previous machine (a Spike machine) and when I went to install them, I can't find a power tap anywhere! The PinballLife website says they will work on AS (Spike 2 machines). What am I missing? Or do I need an adapter?
Can't wait to get my topper and art blades tomorrow!

Right ramp shot is so hard!

Just been adjusting mine. I put some mylar at the very top of the ramp as if you look closely, it is possible for the ball to hit the wood behind it and jump up a little.

Will see if this makes a difference.

Don't think it does - will wait and see what other suggestions are out there.

IMG_1975 (resized).JPGIMG_1975 (resized).JPG

#453 6 years ago

To fix the right ramp rejects...

Add a clear plastic over the first 3-4 inches of the lane (top of the ramp).
I did this with a very thin clear plastic piece -> the kind that would cover an instruction card.

The ball has the potential to launch off the top of the right ramp and get air born, which then causes it to jiggle in the lane and lose momentum. Having the lower "cover" keeps the ball from getting too much air, and makes it smoother.

NOTE: Stern has a deflector above that same area, but it's too high. Probably because they wanted to keep it open for cleaning of the upper playfield.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So I will need an adapter? Right now, my BriteButtons connect via Molex connector. I don;t see a Molex connector in the cab.

Yes, you need an adapter to hook in to that board.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I did this with a very thin clear plastic piece -> the kind that would cover an instruction card.
The ball has the potential to launch off the top of the right ramp and get air born, which then causes it to jiggle in the lane and lose momentum. Having the lower "cover" keeps the ball from getting too much air, and makes it smoother.
NOTE: Stern has a deflector above that same area, but it's too high. Probably because they wanted to keep it open for cleaning of the upper playfield.

Can you please explain this in more detail? You're just putting down a clear plastic (Mylar?) on the upper playfield, like right when the ramp meets it?
Doesn't make sense to me.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Anyone done this as a nice mod?

It makes sense to keep the ball from jumping.

#457 6 years ago

Ok, I did a test of sorts and lowered the overhanging plastic.

Still get rejects.

I did lots of tests and I think what happens is if the shot isn't perfect straight ball deflects as it goes up ramp and then hits the small mini post on the left and then wobbles and comes back down.

Not sure there is any solution to that except play better?!

IMG_1977 (resized).JPGIMG_1977 (resized).JPG

IMG_1978 (resized).JPGIMG_1978 (resized).JPG

IMG_1976 (resized).JPGIMG_1976 (resized).JPG

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still get rejects.
I did lots of tests and I think what happens is if the shot isn't perfect straight ball deflects as it goes up ramp and then hits the small mini post on the left and then wobbles and comes back down.

Iphone filming in slo-mo is super-useful for diagnosing these issues to see what the actual problem is as opposed to the perceived problem. If you have one, give that a shot. You can slow the resulting video even more in editing programs.

#459 6 years ago

Still get rejects.

Wondering if I should have got those blades instead of the ones I got...

#460 6 years ago

Could you remove the rubber from the post?

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Ahhhhh.... looks like MezelMods sells an adapter to tap into the 12v ticket dispenser port.

I see what you mean. Mine came with the adapter in the package.

#462 6 years ago

Not sure if I missed a post on this but has anyone done a custom card set for Aerosmith Pro yet?!

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iphone filming in slo-mo is super-useful for diagnosing these issues to see what the actual problem is as opposed to the perceived problem. If you have one, give that a shot. You can slow the resulting video even more in editing programs.

That was a great idea. I did some videos and can see exactly what is happening on my game.

A shot that isn't perfectly straight gets punished.

In my video one ball hit left side of ramp going up and that then hit the rubber on the right entrance. The ball then bounced from that onto the 2 small post rubbers.

So, the issue seems to be the first rubber. I have a TITAN rubber and I think the issue is worse since I removed the less bouncy black rubber.

Not sure of any solutions yet!

#464 6 years ago

Update.

Put the original 1 inch black Stern rubber back on, instead of purple TITAN.

Much better, in that problem is now occasional.

It is a shame they put a rubber there.

So, to make it better, need a 1 inch rubber that has less bounce than black? Any dead rubbers out there?!

#465 6 years ago

Solution of sorts.

I put a piece of card here - see photo.

Ramp is now butter smooth - well, I got 10 out of 10 which is good enough. I miss it so often that testing takes a long time

Anyway a more permanent solution is making a clear plastic that fits here. There is room to fit one I think.

Not sure I can do that but that is the way forward.

IMG_1987 (resized).JPGIMG_1987 (resized).JPG

IMG_1988 (resized).JPGIMG_1988 (resized).JPG

#466 6 years ago

I think it's there so you can nudge the ball back into the mini pf if it doesn't go all the way around.

Another interesting thing is there's a coil on the top one way flap on the upper pf loop. So it can be open or closed. Not sure if I've ever seen it stay closed on a loop shot.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Not sure if I missed a post on this but has anyone done a custom card set for Aerosmith Pro yet?!

... you betcha!

919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg

#468 6 years ago

Anybody have one that is a little less hard core???

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

you call that hard core?

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

you call that hard core?

Well I have 2 little girls (3 and 4) and a crazed skeleton holding a revolver is a bit hard core, yes... They are even scared of Jacky in the machine...

#471 6 years ago

Thanks MacLean!!

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Well I have 2 little girls (3 and 4) and a crazed skeleton holding a revolver is a bit hard core, yes... They are even scared of Jacky in the machine...

I get it. The cards are great, but not for everyone. There are a few places to get cards and some even do them by request. I didn't find any others with a quick search.

MacLean, your cards are famous!
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/05/14/rule-cards-sterns-aerosmith/amp/

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think it's there so you can nudge the ball back into the mini pf if it doesn't go all the way around.
Another interesting thing is there's a coil on the top one way flap on the upper pf loop. So it can be open or closed. Not sure if I've ever seen it stay closed on a loop shot.

Well, I made a test version out of a furniture felt pad that is sticky on one side. Easy to cut and fit perfectly as can stick to top of edge of plastics. Easy to remove as well.

Will test it over next few weeks to see what happens in actual games. Testing is better.

Then could make a purple one maybe or silver. Or clear plastic.

IMG_1990 (resized).JPGIMG_1990 (resized).JPG
IMG_1992 (resized).JPGIMG_1992 (resized).JPG

#474 6 years ago

Solution of sorts.
Ramp is now butter smooth - well, I got 10 out of 10 which is good enough. I miss it so often that testing takes a long time
Anyway a more permanent solution is making a clear plastic that fits here. There is room to fit one I think.

Or you could try bending the top right wall of the ramp inward 1mm or so. It only needs a tiny amount to be guided past the rubber while still leaving the rubber fully accessible for nudging.

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I added the "super modes" to this one ...

aerosmith-REVISED-ruleCards (resized).jpgaerosmith-REVISED-ruleCards (resized).jpg

#476 6 years ago

Wonder when we will get an update on this game?

Still can't believe there is zero sound for losing a ball on the outlanes

Happens so often, at least give us some sort of cool sound, call outs!

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

AWESOME
Thanks for your effort
my machine will wear that card with pride
AJB

#478 6 years ago

So I was curious and tried Shapeshifter's idea of a card at the top of the right ramp... I went 4 for 4 with a super smooth shot until the card fell off. It was pretty sweet seeing those shots just fly around the upper playfield.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

AWESOME
Thanks for your effort
my machine will wear that card with pride
AJB

my pleasure, AJB. I changed mine to this one too once I finally redesigned it. The handy list of super modes & their appropriate shots is extremely helpful during each mode. I found it's really the only way to have a killer game on AS, just follow the modes in the sequence listed, starting with Walk This Way.

#480 6 years ago

No sound when pressing the flipper buttons during attract mode either.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Thanks very much! Your cards will be on our machine tonight! Love them.

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No sound when pressing the flipper buttons during attract mode either.

I's also like to see the Smart Button light up RGB during attract mode like my TWD.

Also, is the "Love in an Elevator" insert in the center of the playfield the only one that is RGB? It's the only one with a clear insert, so I assumed it is. I wonder why? When it lights up pink during Elevator MB, does that dignify anything?

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

When it lights up pink during Elevator MB, does that dignify anything?

Is this a trick question?

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Is this a trick question?

Haha... well aside from the obvious. I wonder why it's not a pink insert (unless they don't make pink inserts) and why it lights up white during attract mode and pink during EMB.

#485 6 years ago

What is the deal with the hidden Jacky shots?

Am I wording that right?

I see Jacky's icon on the LCD border with a decreasing # as I play.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What is the deal with the hidden Jacky shots?
Am I wording that right?
I see Jacky's icon on the LCD border with a decreasing # as I play.

You hit them all to light extra-ball - once the Jacky number gets to 0. The shots are kind of random except that they are not any of the lit shots. So if the scoop is lit for something for example, it wont ever award a Jacky shot, but if its not lit, it might.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

my pleasure, AJB. I changed mine to this one too once I finally redesigned it. The handy list of super modes & their appropriate shots is extremely helpful during each mode. I found it's really the only way to have a killer game on AS, just follow the modes in the sequence listed, starting with Walk This Way.

So, I have been practicing trying to finish songs and get the super modes.

I would really like there to be song champion high scores added like there is in AC/DC for example. It would mean that you could have a game and just try and beat your best 'Walk this Way' score or any other song.

I haven't noticed Toys in the Attic or Elevator Champion either??

Would be some great extra polish if these were added next update and it's not asking for much

I can only see a Combo Champion so far.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You hit them all to light extra-ball - once the Jacky number gets to 0. The shots are kind of random except that they are not any of the lit shots. So if the scoop is lit for something for example, it wont ever award a Jacky shot, but if its not lit, it might.

WOW I had no freaking idea this was in there. One of these days I'll start reading the rule sheets people put together for the games I have. I tend to enjoy figuring them out on my own usually.

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

WOW I had no freaking idea this was in there. One of these days I'll start reading the rule sheets people put together for the games I have. I tend to enjoy figuring them out on my own usually.

There is also a number below this - haven't figured that one out! Starts at 25?

#490 6 years ago

Solution of sorts.

I was wrong about the fix for this,I made a plastic cover that was like the top plastic but lower and that did a little I think but your card cover is the answer,I just need to figure out how to make a plastic card that stays in place,I am now getting about 99 percent, shot is hard enough so this is very nice

Love this game

Good job,thanks

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was wrong about the fix for this,I made a plastic cover that was like the top plastic but lower and that did a little I think but your card cover is the answer,I just need to figure out how to make a plastic card that stays in place,I am now getting about 99 percent, shot is hard enough so this is very nice
Love this game
Good job,thanks

Slo-mo iPhone pinball problem diagnosis will be in the next iPhone ad. ANOTHER useful thing it does...

#492 6 years ago

This is the number of pop bumper hits needed to increase their value to the next level

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is the number of pop bumper hits needed to increase their value to the next level

Don't think I would have ever figured that out!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Slo-mo iPhone pinball problem diagnosis will be in the next iPhone ad. ANOTHER useful thing it does...

And never would have been able to see what happens on the ramp without extreme slo mo

Lastly, I really hope Lonnie adds a ton more Champion awards - they just give games so much more longevity in the home.

#494 6 years ago

My game currently doesn't have issues with ramp shots, this could be because I rarely shoot at the ramp or rarely ever make the ramp. In reading the posts on the ball hitting the rubber, I have to wonder if putting a tiny inward bend on the right side of the ramp would be enough to keep it from hitting.

The last thing I would want to do is block that off as I usually send my ball across the 2x scoring switch from the upper flipper and when it doesn't make it around the rubber bounces it back to the flipper which can allow you to relight 2x scoring and hit it again for extended time.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Oh hold on a second, I was thinking of the other side...

This should help:

Display Info (resized).jpgDisplay Info (resized).jpg

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This should help:

Super helpful! I love how much simultaneous data can be shown on the LCD so that once you memorize the layout its easy to keep tabs on whatever you want with a moments glance.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This should help:

This excellent! Thanks!

#498 6 years ago

So, I have been practicing trying to finish songs and get the super modes.
I would really like there to be song champion high scores added like there is in AC/DC for example. It would mean that you could have a game and just try and beat your best 'Walk this Way' score or any other song.
I haven't noticed Toys in the Attic or Elevator Champion either??
Would be some great extra polish if these were added next update and it's not asking for much
I can only see a Combo Champion so far.

Agreed

On TWD there's many different high scores recorded based on objectives.

I like that.

#499 6 years ago

FYI. Stern Support Slide Brackets don't work on AS Pro. Boo ... hate hammering t-nuts into my playfield for nothing.

IMG_1045 (resized).JPGIMG_1045 (resized).JPG

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

FYI. Stern Support Slide Brackets don't work on AS Pro. Boo ... hate hammering t-nuts into my playfield for nothing.

I might move the center board to the side as suggested by another pinsider and try this again.

Tonight I added the plastic protectors from ULEK and some universal switch protectors from cliffy.

IMG_1054 (resized).JPGIMG_1054 (resized).JPG

IMG_1056 (resized).JPGIMG_1056 (resized).JPG

IMG_1055 (resized).JPGIMG_1055 (resized).JPG

IMG_1057 (resized).JPGIMG_1057 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 19.95
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.