IMG_20240412_132748.jpg
20240403_164340.jpg
20240403_164452.jpg
171201546718813008069578388132 (resized).jpg
17120154437185784338801025498914 (resized).jpg
17120151735524141486698012299721 (resized).jpg
17120150734303269598694599241305 (resized).jpg
17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3207 4 years ago

Sorry, wrong topic.

#3215 4 years ago

My new Whirlwind is on it's way to me now. Pretty excited about it. Pics in a week or so.

1 week later
#3284 4 years ago

Mine should be turning up in the next day or two along with my Tales From The Crypt. Really looking forward to playing them both.

2 months later
#3338 4 years ago

Yes it's;
'Oh maaannn...'
And then ist say's ;
'Oh maaannn...'

And then it's;
'Oh maaannn...'

#3346 4 years ago

'I'm getting changed'

2 months later
#3454 4 years ago

I put the magnetic apron on mine it looks ok. I have the art blades to go on but haven't done them yet.

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

and where to find the after market apron magnet/decal ?

Tilt graphics, the side art looks good there too, have to find time to stick it on.

#3504 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Morning reminder to go over if you haven’t yet and vote WW for the consolation bracket for games! Wow down to BSD by like a couple (literally) votes

You have to remember that many of us don't give a flying fuck what other people we don't know think is a better game than another game.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You have to also remember that many of us don't give a flying f*** what you don't give a flying f*** about!

Now you're getting it.

1 month later
#3616 3 years ago

240, but we get the drift.

4 months later
#3942 3 years ago

original art.

3 months later
#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Anyone have a backyard replacement fix for the correct ramp lift bolt? Mine broke and it costs more to ship the correct bolt than it does to buy it. Asked Marco if they would send one in an envelope and they declined. Thanks.

You can't put shit in envelopes. The mail sorting machines shred it to smithereens.

1 week later
#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I think there are two thicknesses in the gussets under the lift ramp. One that can handle a whole pin, and another than can only handle a half.

I knew a girl like that once.

1 month later
#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Click the quote?

You are making it unnecessarily simple.

6 months later
#4289 2 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Sure thing mate. Im a shenanigander so happy to oblige
I’m waiting on a solution to a slightly dim dmd which makes it difficult to film. It’s ok in person but doesn’t film so good. I’ll post a link on here soon

Well, a shenanigander Eh? Bet that doesn't fit on the back of your license?

#4291 2 years ago

mic-drop (resized).jpgmic-drop (resized).jpg

5 months later
#4403 2 years ago

I had a GnR. I'll never support Mirco.

1 month later
#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Can anyone tell me what page this is in the manual? I’ve looked and looked and don’t see it anywhere.
[quoted image]

Really? Mine takes a fucking hand slam to do it?

Is it supposed to do that? I'm changing springs.

#4438 2 years ago

I'll get some springs out and have a paly with it. My mate sometimes slams the plunger with his palm to do it, but it's not really doable atm.

3 months later
#4536 1 year ago

Back to nonsense then.

#4538 1 year ago

Like a tennis match here. Advantage non nonsense.

#4540 1 year ago

Duece

#4543 1 year ago

Advantage.

#4548 1 year ago

Point nonsense.

40/15

#4550 1 year ago

It's cool, makes the solution interesting for those following along.

1 week later
#4559 1 year ago

Mine was doing the same thing when i got it. Take the top left plastic off and slightly bend the ball guide outwards so it hit's the pops.

#4561 1 year ago

Left orbit goes all the way round, it's a tiny adjustment. Reason i say to take the plastic off is i cracked mine using it as a fulcrum.

2 months later
#4591 1 year ago

twister-splash-ultimate-hasbro-640x533 (resized).jpgtwister-splash-ultimate-hasbro-640x533 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4635 1 year ago

It'll be horrible if you can't get the ramp straight away?

3 weeks later
#4696 1 year ago

The kick in the balls from a house ball is part of the game.

I do have to say, it's more fun when it happens to your opponent and you can pretend sympathy.

All my old school Williams do it as well as a fair few others.

1 week later
#4718 1 year ago

Mine's silver.

1 month later
#4830 1 year ago

Right then.

#4844 1 year ago

I'd research carefully before giving CPR a cent for a backglass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-warranty-in-australia-

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I had my eye on a NIB one someone has for sale, so in this case it wouldn't have been money going to CPR directly. I definitely appreciate the heads up though. It seems to be a widespread issue with repro playfields and backglasses, which is pretty frustrating. I had in my head that mirco was the one to avoid while cpr was the good one. Apparently not! Another project I have underway is gathering up parts to build a Quicksilver from scratch. With mirco being the only option for a new reproduction pf, I was hoping to find someone selling one second hand, as I hate to give money to a company that's got a clear track record of bad behavior.

The playfields and backglasses is two different issues, although the corporate attitude is the same in that's it's fuck you customer.

Mirco with playfields, CPR with backglasses, JJP with the whole machine.

1 week later
#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from Pomz:

Ok, so that doesn’t mean anything. Thanks for the video I’m not sure how to go to test mode I’ll tinker with it a little. All I know is the fan blower works just fine in game. The only thing is the three disks don’t work with the fan. I made sure it wasn’t set to off but one of the wires in the plug could be loose? I’ll have to do more work on this tomorrow or after the Super Bowl. BTW I’m a Noob this is my first pinball so don’t expect much from me! Lol

Download the manual from here; https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=whirlwind&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2765

Have a read, use the index and you should figure out the menu sequence, i find it hard, but i can get into most of my games.

2 weeks later
#4891 1 year ago

I've got the apron and blades from tilt.

2 weeks later
#4938 1 year ago

I know what you mean about the white growing on you. i was unsure of my recent whitewater staying white, but it's grown on me too. May do the whirlwind to match?

ww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4964 1 year ago

well......

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from Conrad:

Yes you can play the original and the new version. I ordered mine already yesterday. According to the site. It says it will ship in 2 weeks which I didn't expect if it does actually. Should be fun, but I don't care for the back glass. So hope my original fits still as I have the mirrored glass. I also like my art blades, so leaving those two things off the kit.

Post a link please mate?
Edit, all good i found it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-20-kit-announced

Hard to believe that Coyote would downvote a new development that someone went to a lot of trouble to make so pinball would be better for those who choose to add it.

I just don't get people sometimes.

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't care if it was developed by Nasa. I think this 2.0 is gonna be a bust. Donuts? Nannies? Where were they going with this? No auto-kickout in the shooter lane makes me question the multiball capabilities as well. Stormblasters looks to be a much better effort imo
*downvote is just voicing disapproval. Don't take them personally!
**at least the translite is done well!

It's not a personal thing in this instance, but it should be supported as a move forward and an effort to make pinball better. It's not for everyone, sure, but if one person really digs it (and there is more than one) then it's made pinball better than it was. It has taken nothing away from those of us who don't want it in our games and made someone's game better for them than it was.

Why the fuck would you disapprove of that?

Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, it does not follow the game's theme. To me, this is like releasing MMR v3.0 and turning it into a Marvel Avengers pin.
I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but to my it looks like someone with a short attention span kept getting distracted by themes and wanting to work everything into it at once.

I agree, but all the hate for this mod doesn't add up to me.
If you don't want it, don't get it.

It hasn't damaged anything.

I can't mention how stupid i think it is in a machine thread that people cable tie a pink unicorn to their shooter lane because i might hurt their feelings, but people are in the announcement thread for this mod that took many thousand dollars and hundreds of hours of work and putting complete shit on it.

If you don't like it (i don't) fine. Move on. There's no need for downvoting and trashing it.

It's an optional extra pinball game. What's not good about that?

AnotherUnpopularOpinionNoDoubtPunkin

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I am, actually, quite honored that my downvote means this much to you and the team that developed this.

I won't look too closely at that statement.

Manners maketh man.

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

WW 2.0 is either going to be amazing or it is going to be a complete mess that just doesn’t work.
I’m hoping for the first and not the later.
I wasn’t able to put my finger on what it was that was bugging me.
Outside of all the random stuff that doesn’t belong together but maybe all these characters got sucked up into the whirlwind and now are all mixed up???????sewie and the Nannies?????
I don’t get it. Did the storm make the sewer overflow?
Why no homage to Wizard of Oz Twister or the movie twister or even the game twister.
It seems kind of like one of those ADD riddled cartoons where it’s got everything in it, bright lights, weird characters and has the ability to use up 20 minutes of our lives and now my post is as chaotic and incoherent as Total Chaos.

If you grow to like this kind of stuff i recommend you buy a P3.

#4981 1 year ago

Well be surprised then, because some people do.

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I believe most people would support Pedretti if they could come up with an upgrade kit that is both well-integrated with improved rules, sound and lighting effects, while keeping the feel of the original. This effort, much moreso than Funhouse 2.0, seems like a bunch of random ideas for modes thrown against a wall, with little integration at all to the overall theme. That's the complaint: the display I'm sure looks great, the art is fine, but the utter disconnect between the stormchaser storylineof Whirlwind and te nannies and area 51 in Whirlwind 2.0 is jarring.
Plus, what the hell is going on with a seemingly lack of beta testers and market research. I feel overwhelmingly that a lot of effort was put into this, but apparently zero-feedback was sought or listened to from the Pinside community on ideas for the upgrade. Maybe next time, ask for some advise to avoid some questionable choices.
My real complaint that is if they keep dropping the ball, sales will tank, and they will quit making upgrades, and I don't want to see that. I bought Funhouse 2.0 and have no interest at all in buying Whirlwind 2.0. Two weeks ago I was all in.
Mike

I understand and agree with all of that.

The point remains that today we have more than we had last week. Nothing has been taken away, but something has been added.

In any sane world that is an improvement, even if it's judged a small one.

So my thanks go to the company that backed it, the designers that worked hard on it, the people who decided to put their own money where their mouth was and all the others who helped on the way.

Not for me, but thank you all anyway. You made the world of pinball better.

#4986 1 year ago

Great to see there's at least one more person who thinks the world doesn't have to be all about what they want.

#4988 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Please explain what made his opinion and shittier that yours...

It would be a waste of characters.

If you can't understand yet, there's no way to further explain it.

#4994 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Without shitty comments and negative feedback you don't get better. And I'm sure everyone wants better. No participation trophies in pinball.

Yeah.
You are doing these people a favour by being you.

I get it.

You are probably better than someone that's actually having a go, by being the guy who is always ready to dish out shitty comments.
Bet the artists really want to thank you for that.

In fact, i want to thank you for that.
No participation trophies, that's going straight to the pool room.

#4996 1 year ago

It's not devoted yes men. It's people trying to promote good manners.

It's not about the product, it's about being polite and supportive to people who are having a go, even if it isn't something i want.

But people will phrase it however it saves them recognising how unnecessarily rude you are to someone making an effort.

My point is, it's as easy to say 'Not for me, it's too far away from what i already have and i can't use my imagination to conceptualize something new and different'.

I'm only saying there's no need to be rude about it.

I bet your teenage or young adult kids would love it though........

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'll admit I'm interested in the 2.0 kit. Already dropped way too much pin money recently so I won't be an early adopter and would like to see some gameplay on this one before making a final decision.

Your non pinhead visitors will love it i bet.

I'm in the same boat. It hasn't grabbed me, it will be very exe by the time it gets here, there's bits i don't want (any of the art) but still have to pay for and i haven't seen game play yet.

#5004 12 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hadn't thought about it that way. I was initially upset that WW 2.0 had strayed so far from its original and fantastic modus operandi, but agree, 2 different games in one is a good thing.
Might take a 2nd look.

Parrently Wayne will be the agent here.

Or cointaker in the states.

#5006 12 months ago

I'm leaning towards purchase too, if i can get it for the right money.

I think most people got the wrong idea to start.

2 weeks later
#5036 11 months ago

I can see it. Probably worse in person. It would annoy the fuck out of me, that's for sure.

#5039 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i think it adds nostalgia.

If you miss having morons around, then maybe.

2 weeks later
#5046 10 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you didn't have to invite the guys that did it over for supper.

Threw someone out of my place and told her not to come back one day for writing in the dust on one of my unregistered motorcycles.

#5053 10 months ago

Not this one on the left to the ball lock?

DSCF2472[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2472[1] (resized).jpg

6 months later
#5208 4 months ago

Keep the original.

3 weeks later
#5237 3 months ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Tiltgraphicsinc.com

I have the same side blades but i bought the apron magnet too. It's a full on look, but i like it.

Chris is doing two whirlwinds side by side atm in the HEP thread. One standard restore and one is fully decked out as Total Chaos with painted stencil cab etc.

It's beautiful.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/278#post-7984631

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5239 3 months ago

Pretty sure the apron came from tilt too. Reccomend it even if you decide not to have it on all the time. It's a magnet.

R0010287 (resized).jpgR0010287 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#5404 49 days ago

Now get out!

#5406 46 days ago

ww1 (resized).jpgww1 (resized).jpg

Has a pin2dmd in it now set to white. I have white boulder set on the way. Machine was powdercoated before i bought it, but i like it.

ww4 (resized).jpgww4 (resized).jpg

#5408 46 days ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

I think I'll do it.
I'd like to find some white plastic u channel for the back box

https://www.t-molding.com/white-t-molding.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.