(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,872 posts
  • 1,052 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
IMPINSPRINGFIX03@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX02@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX01@6 (resized).jpg
20240425_195043 (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_Intro-Prem-MED (resized).jpg
SyJ-IMDN_ADV-Prem (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 318.
#15651 30 days ago
Quoted from bpull:

I installed my Spitfire today that i bought off Amazon(image of box below). Created a clamp-on habit trail holder that works with the display arm that comes with the model.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6529743/files
In case anyone wants to do the same, link to file is above.
I also want to make one that holds the plane at an angle that looks like it's in a dive position. I'll add that file to the above link once I'm finished.
Brian
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought the spitfire model and I’d love to see what your bracket to hold the plane on an angle would look like! I don’t have a way to 3D print but I would be happy to pay for it!

#15652 30 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My favorite game! But I waxed it and my auto plunge sucks now. The ball hits the post and now Trooper Multiball makes me sad. I've adjusted the screw 10 times with no luck. Anyone ever remove the guide and bend it with success?

Try this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/295#post-7848917

Follow up post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/312#post-8081835

Or this if you need to, this. I have been thinking about making a video but hopefully this will help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/268#post-7628373

#15653 30 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I bought the spitfire model and I’d love to see what your bracket to hold the plane on an angle would look like! I don’t have a way to 3D print but I would be happy to pay for it!

I used Back Alley Creations brackets for these 2 die cast models.

IMG_8017 (resized).jpegIMG_8017 (resized).jpegIMG_8018 (resized).jpegIMG_8018 (resized).jpeg
#15654 30 days ago

Posting this mainly for the Aussies in the thread. I have a spare NOS playfield (Prem/LE) that i was keeping aside just in case it was needed one day. I've come to the realisation that i'll probably never need it so it's up for sale. Won't add this as a Pinside for sale add as it would be difficult to post it anywhere outside of Australia. The box it's in (original Stern packaging) exceeds Aus Post limits so within Oz it would have to be sent via courier. Where i am there's no options for DHL and the like so that's why international option is out, it would just be a complete headfck to arrange. This was originally bought from a US Pinsider and he'd got it direct from Stern for the same reason, as a spare if ever required. As far as i'm aware it was only out of the box 3 times, first to take pics for his sale add, 2nd time by me so i could confirm condition upon receiving (and to swoon over it cause it's FKN gorgeous) and third time for this pic (have other pics if required) Send me a PM if anyone in Oz is interested and we can discuss

DSC06616 (resized).JPGDSC06616 (resized).JPG
#15656 30 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I bent mine and messed it all up. Took lots of fiddling…and the advice of installing a stronger coil for the auto-launcher to make it right. Works 9/10 now and I am content.
I would suggest letting it wear back in with play if it was working fun before waxing.

Thanks. That was kind of my fear. And, feels like something that might work it's way back if you bend it.

#15657 29 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Thanks. That was kind of my fear. And, feels like something that might work it's way back if you bend it.

I would advise against going straight for the metal wall adjustment as the first effort to solve the problems with plunge not going around the loop. I mean maybe it's the answer for your rig but then again maybe it's not and bending that metal wall might cause complications that could be difficult to recover from. So be careful. As one who has moved that screw out and experimented with moving that metal wall: there are so many other (and safer) adjustments available. Case in point, this 2021 machine I've been playing for ~2000 plays now.. Moving that metal wall was never. ever. the solution. It was always one of the other nuances. Cheers.

#15658 29 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I'm still working on the angled bracket but once i get it done, I can print ya one and send it.

Brian

#15659 29 days ago

Does anyone know where I can find a shooter lane protector? I keep finding listing that are out of stock. I like the Pinball Universe ones. Any alternatives that you guys use?

#15660 29 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Does anyone know where I can find a shooter lane protector? I keep finding listing that are out of stock. I like the Pinball Universe ones. Any alternatives that you guys use?

Mylar!

#15661 28 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Been waiting for Mezel Mods to get back in stock too.

#15662 28 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

I was skeptical but I put this "pindefender" in and quite like it: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods
Had I not liked it, was going to just mylar but the pindefender seems to be doing just fine.

#15663 28 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

I was skeptical but I put this "pindefender" in and quite like it: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods
Had I not liked it, was going to just mylar but the pindefender seems to be doing just fine.

Just got one in the mail Thursday and put it in my new Maiden premium. Got tired of waiting for Mezel Mods. Have to agree, it does the job nicely. Might get one for my Turtles too as the Mezel Mods one has a hard time getting a solid ball plunge.

#15664 28 days ago

Yeah I was worried about others just because of this game having some inconsistent plunge issues. I have the Mezel one on my Godzilla and it’s excellent.

Haven’t messed with Mylar since I just have my two sterns. I’m sure I’m more than capable though. What do I need a heatgun and a hobby knife?

#15665 28 days ago

Yeah got one on Metallica and it works flawlessly. I like that these types of protectors are removable. Not that mylar isn’t, just a lot more work.

#15666 28 days ago

A nice shout out to John Bergeron for this super sweet IM shooter rod!

Well made, great packaging. And didn’t force me into Venmo. I sent him cash, he sent me the mod.

73352593542__58AF70DA-3A7C-4918-8F2D-C0E094645055 (resized).jpeg73352593542__58AF70DA-3A7C-4918-8F2D-C0E094645055 (resized).jpeg
#15667 28 days ago
Quoted from PBSaltyKracker:

A nice shout out to John Bergeron for this super sweet IM shooter rod!
Well made, great packaging. And didn’t force me into Venmo. I sent him cash, he sent me the mod.
[quoted image]

Thats lookin badass. Unrelated to this shooter rod. A little thing i noticed on the picture next in front of your right flipperbutton there seems to be a bit of yellow decal sticking out. I would try to fix that before it causes more damage on your decal which would be a shame.

#15668 28 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Yeah I was worried about others just because of this game having some inconsistent plunge issues.

Precisely the reason for my skepticism but it isn't a problem. This rig's plunging is spot on with the pindefender.

#15669 28 days ago

Going to become an owner tomorrow on a pro. Any advice for immediate mods?

Planning on art blades, pinwoofer and some speaker lights, and pf toys added on. A gradual process of course. lol.

Any insight is welcomed.

#15670 28 days ago

Art blades are a must. Game sounds so good with a pinwoofer!!!

#15671 27 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Going to become an owner tomorrow on a pro. Any advice for immediate mods?
Planning on art blades, pinwoofer and some speaker lights, and pf toys added on. A gradual process of course. lol.
Any insight is welcomed.

Just got my pro, ordered the Tilt Graphics Stairs decals, the two figures from the premium to start, the gel kit for the mode inserts(was going to LED swap but I like that the gels color the inserts), and blue rubbers/Union Jack flipper bats. I like the idea of blue/yellow flippers, but not sure how the Union Jack will fare. I’ll probably play with the color schemes for a while.

#15672 27 days ago

Honestly, a $40 SKAR AUDIO 8 ohm 8” speaker off Amazon and a couple of $35 4” 4 ohm Pioneers to match…and you can’t ask for more after you tweak it in Equalizer mode.

I upgrade all my Sterns this way and all I ever hear is how GREAT they sound. Venom and Iron Maiden can really crank up!

All for less that $100. The driver in the pinball is plenty strong to drive the sound.

Quoted from Rampmaster:

Art blades are a must. Game sounds so good with a pinwoofer!!!

#15673 27 days ago

Honestly, a $40 SKAR AUDIO 8 ohm 8” speaker off Amazon and a couple of $35 4” 4 ohm Pioneers to match…and you can’t ask for more after you tweak it in Equalizer mode.
I upgrade all my Sterns this way and all I ever hear is how GREAT they sound. Venom and Iron Maiden can really crank up!
All for less that $100. The driver in the pinball is plenty strong to drive the sound.

May try this. Had a pinwoofer on my Maiden pro. Sold it (dumb move). Just got the premium. Will look into these speakers.

#15674 27 days ago

https://www.amazon.com/Skar-Audio-IX-8-D2-Subwoofer/dp/B00NHTXXNM/ref=sr_1_3

This the one?

#15675 27 days ago

I have a Polk swr10 under each of my game (you can run 2 per sub if you want) and I just keep them and plug them into the next game. Used they are $80. Then turn the bass down a little on the game so those speakers aren’t hurting so much trying to do bass, and it sounds great.

#15676 27 days ago
Quoted from nickrivers:

Just got my pro, ordered the Tilt Graphics Stairs decals, the two figures from the premium to start, the gel kit for the mode inserts(was going to LED swap but I like that the gels color the inserts), and blue rubbers/Union Jack flipper bats. I like the idea of blue/yellow flippers, but not sure how the Union Jack will fare. I’ll probably play with the color schemes for a while.

Where do you get figures from? Marco’s?

#15677 27 days ago

No kidding huh?

#15679 27 days ago

Where do you get figures from? Marco’s?

Pinball Life. They have a Piece of Mind Eddie bracket to make it fit on a Pro. So make sure you get that too. You have to glue the figure to the plexiglass base.

#15681 27 days ago

https://www.ppmods.eu/shop/iron-maiden

A friend just put this backboard for sale.
It's based on what I made, but improved (no more visible screws) and cheaper

#15682 27 days ago

My friend aeneas created a first version of the Iron Maiden Pro back Panel. We have been working on an updated version that hides all the ugly screws, bolts and nuts from sight. With the clever use of small hooks and magnets it really gives a sleek finished look on the back panel.

They are available on PPmods.EU or from our ets store. Its a 10 part kit that comes fully painted or can be sent to you unpainted if your feel up to the task

IMG_1524 (resized).JPEGIMG_1524 (resized).JPEGIMG_1532 (resized).JPEGIMG_1532 (resized).JPEGIMG_1533 (resized).JPEGIMG_1533 (resized).JPEGIMG_1535 (resized).JPEGIMG_1535 (resized).JPEGIMG_1536 (resized).JPEGIMG_1536 (resized).JPEG
#15683 27 days ago

I don’t see a 8 ohm option for this

Dual 4 wired in series will give you 8ohm. Basically do a jumper wire from 1 pos to the other coils Neg, then just hook up the stern wires to the 2 left over POS-Neg posts.

IMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0014 (resized).jpeg
#15684 27 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Dual 4 wired in series will give you 8ohm. Basically do a jumper wire from 1 pos to the other coils Neg, then just hook up the stern wires to the 2 left over POS-Neg posts.[quoted image]

So basically jumper one pos and neg. Speaker wires from the cabinet to the other pos and neg

#15685 27 days ago
Quoted from Rampmaster:

So basically jumper one pos and neg. Speaker wires from the cabinet to the other pos and neg

Yes, but just make sure the jumper goes from Coil 1 to Coil 2. Don’t jumper coil 1 to coil 1 lol

#15686 27 days ago

This will be my first Stern, arriving next week. Came with the Topper, side art, and shaker motor. Super low plays. Someone wrote $400 in mods and its better than a premium. What mods are on your top 10 for this pin?
thanks

#15687 27 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Dual 4 wired in series will give you 8ohm. Basically do a jumper wire from 1 pos to the other coils Neg, then just hook up the stern wires to the 2 left over POS-Neg posts.[quoted image]

There's a menu option to change from 4 ohm to 8 ohm. But honestly you can try either setting with any speakers.

I do not usually see people change their spike 2 games to put speakers in series like this. Sounds like a bad idea..isn't there a power limit per channel that you are now cutting in half on a per speaker basis??

There's a diy audio thread with a lot of good(better) advice. It has speaker recommendations, amp recommendation (for even better performance), tons of discussions.

#15688 27 days ago

Where did you buy the spitfire?

Quoted from AssaultSuit:

#15689 27 days ago

It’s in the menu settings. Volume is the header maybe. You can set box or back to 4 or 8 ohm. The pioneers at 4 ohm, the Skar at 8 ohm (default maybe ?). Sound GREAT. All for less than $100. And unless you are trying to power a block party for 200 folks…just as good as pinwoofer, boom boom, etc.

More cost doesn’t always equal better performance

I don’t see a 8 ohm option for this

#15691 27 days ago

Where did you buy the spitfire?

Amazon. I think it was directly link from an earlier post by someone else.

“Daron Postage Stamp RAF Spitfire Mkii Battle of Britain Vehicle (1/93 Scale), Brown”

#15692 26 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

There's a menu option to change from 4 ohm to 8 ohm. But honestly you can try either setting with any speakers.
I do not usually see people change their spike 2 games to put speakers in series like this. Sounds like a bad idea..isn't there a power limit per channel that you are now cutting in half on a per speaker basis??
There's a diy audio thread with a lot of good(better) advice. It has speaker recommendations, amp recommendation (for even better performance), tons of discussions.

He’s not putting speakers in series. He’s removing a single voice coil subwoofer and installing a dual voice coil subwoofer, you just wire the 2 coils in series to get it to 8 ohms(dual 4 in series is 8), it’s just a wiring option on the subwoofer.

#15693 26 days ago

Really cool Jeff!! The size actually feels good in the hand plunging and my first game had a 20 mil left outlane and 2 targets . I even found a spot for the Aces High topper right on top of his own plastic!

IMG_8086 (resized).jpegIMG_8086 (resized).jpegIMG_8089 (resized).jpegIMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
#15694 26 days ago

This shooter is something else.

The attention to detail and quality of the product is absolutely a level above.
Well done Jeff667, thank you

Powerslave Eddie looks freaking Awesome!
E68F778C-CBC5-4C65-8026-B3777FB70176 (resized).jpegE68F778C-CBC5-4C65-8026-B3777FB70176 (resized).jpegF0EC5B7E-89EB-4748-ABFB-22C5A9E1AB60 (resized).jpegF0EC5B7E-89EB-4748-ABFB-22C5A9E1AB60 (resized).jpeg

#15695 26 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

POM Eddie looks freaking Awesome![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome piece. Does the chain "clang" when the ball is launched?

#15696 26 days ago

Tilt Graphics to the table!!!!

IMG_6715 (resized).jpegIMG_6715 (resized).jpegIMG_6716 (resized).jpegIMG_6716 (resized).jpeg
#15697 26 days ago

Gloriously! lol

Pictures don’t do it Justice.
It’s awesome!

Quoted from Rampmaster:

Awesome piece. Does the chain "clang" when the ball is launched?

96B91ED7-70CD-460B-9BBD-37D3C0D9C155 (resized).jpeg96B91ED7-70CD-460B-9BBD-37D3C0D9C155 (resized).jpegE016AF82-3157-4DB2-9DFB-BC5B2145A511 (resized).jpegE016AF82-3157-4DB2-9DFB-BC5B2145A511 (resized).jpeg

#15699 25 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

POM Eddie looks freaking Awesome![quoted image][quoted image]

*Pushes up glasses*
Erm that's Powerslave Eddie. Piece of mind Eddie is the one over the pops in a straight jacket.

#15700 25 days ago

Correct
Had a mental slip. Have been working on songs and Adrian smith solos off POM album, lol subconscious slip

Quoted from Sorokyl:

*Pushes up glasses*
Erm that's Powerslave Eddie. Piece of mind Eddie is the one over the pops in a straight jacket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 15,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 314 of 318.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/314 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.