Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

071.jpg
048.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just bought a TZ and received it last night. When I turned it on for the first time it did a self diagnosis and told me the clock was broke. I restarted the game and then the clock seemed fine. The kids and I played a few games (about 10-15) before they had to go to bed. This morning I turned it on and the machine said the clock was broke again. I turned it off and on again and it started working. Halfway through my first game this morning the display went out displaying just a bunch of lines (see picks below) I turned off the game and checked the connections and they look good. I pulled them out and plugged them back in and turned the machine back on and no change. How can I tell if the display is bad or if the board that the display plugs into is bad?

048.jpg048.jpg

071.jpg071.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I just realized I posted in the wrong section.

#3 9 years ago

I had a similar issue with my Getaway. It would get lines and random pixels then get completely distorted. Reseating the connectors would temporarily fix it but eventually I bought new ribbon cables from great plains electronics. That seems to have fixed it.

#4 9 years ago

Check ribbon cables on the boards, one is likely not in all the way, had same issue. Clock is separate issue, sounds like a bad opto.

#5 9 years ago

Thank you guys, it was one of the ribbon cables! I kind of figured the clock problem was the opto, had to double check though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
$ 12.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, PA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 1,629.00
Cabinet - Toppers
The Electric Playground

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-display-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.