(Topic ID: 109931)

The SprayMax 2K Auto Clear in a Can Club!

By Curbfeeler

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1477 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1480 (resized).jpeg
P3280001 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_8094523_2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7738777_3539409 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0282 (resized).jpg
IMG_4646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0116 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231124_033122528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230910_203703295 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231114_053116598 (resized).jpg
There are 1,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 39.
#1901 32 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Any of you guys done a full playfield with KBS diamond? I'm curious on the pros/cons of trying that for the whole thing vs Spraymax.

I had a terrible time with KBS Diamond. Thought I destroyed a restoration that was a ton of work. I basically had to sand off almost all of the KBS and start the clear over with SprayMax. Scroll to the last few posts in the thread below if you want to see the KBS vs SprayMax. YMMV.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hideous-target-alpha-playfield-needs-art

#1902 32 days ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I had a terrible time with KBS Diamond.

I use for inserts, works great! I am going to try a whole playfield as experiment but going to spray instead of brushing.

#1903 31 days ago

Here is my latest project a Data East Hook. This is my 4th spraymax PF. And for the ease and price of the clear in a can you cant beat it.

IMG_1476 (resized).jpegIMG_1476 (resized).jpegIMG_1477 (resized).jpegIMG_1477 (resized).jpegIMG_1479 (resized).jpegIMG_1479 (resized).jpegIMG_1480 (resized).jpegIMG_1480 (resized).jpeg

#1904 31 days ago
Quoted from Arcane:

This is what I have been using:
[quoted image]
You will need to purchase the eyedroppers as two are necessary to take some liquid from each can. Using the liquid approach allows you to work without hazmat suit and masks and take your time to fill up the inserts. I have used these products and techniques on three playfields with complete success. This liquid clearcoat is fully compatible with SM2K.
Ratio is 4 to 1 eyedrops. You can use a third eyedropper for spreading the mixture on top of your inserts or any low spot of your playfield. Of course, never re-use the eyedroppers or mix them with the wrong container, as it will destroy the contents of the cans.
Yves

Awesome! Thank you.

edit:
I assume this is the newer version. I cant seem to find 4000.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1905 31 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Awesome! Thank you.
edit:
I assume this is the newer version. I cant seem to find 4000.[quoted image]

Don't forget the eyedroppers !!!

Yves

#1906 31 days ago
Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Awesome! Thank you.
edit:
I assume this is the newer version. I cant seem to find 4000.[quoted image]

You might want to reach out to them to verify it’s the updated version. I would put money on it that it is but let them tell you for sure.

1 week later
#1907 23 days ago
Quoted from Arcane:

This is what I have been using:
[quoted image]
You will need to purchase the eyedroppers as two are necessary to take some liquid from each can. Using the liquid approach allows you to work without hazmat suit and masks and take your time to fill up the inserts. I have used these products and techniques on three playfields with complete success. This liquid clearcoat is fully compatible with SM2K.
Ratio is 4 to 1 eyedrops. You can use a third eyedropper for spreading the mixture on top of your inserts or any low spot of your playfield. Of course, never re-use the eyedroppers or mix them with the wrong container, as it will destroy the contents of the cans.
Yves

A bit late for this discussion, but looking for thoughts here. Is it better to spray first, then dropper fill the inserts with this product, or try to fill them first, then spray? Consensus seems to be that trying to spray into a jar and then use a dropper from that is a non-starter due to bubbles forming in the spray.

#1908 23 days ago
Quoted from PinballBillinFL:

A bit late for this discussion, but looking for thoughts here. Is it better to spray first, then dropper fill the inserts with this product, or try to fill them first, then spray? Consensus seems to be that trying to spray into a jar and then use a dropper from that is a non-starter due to bubbles forming in the spray.

This is a good clear for droppers at a good price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NCT9B71/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

3 weeks later
#1909 11 hours ago

Anyone ever try this stuff?

IMG_0287 (resized).jpegIMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
#1910 11 hours ago

Looks basically the same as SprayMax 2K.

This one is different - https://car-rep.com/us/product/car-rep-2k-polyurethane-clear-coat-high-gloss-11oz/
No pot life. Interested whether anyone has tried that.

I would try something other than SprayMax 2K. When I have a "good can" it's great, sometimes I get cans that sputter and just don't spray right.

#1911 11 hours ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone ever try this stuff?[quoted image]

How much is it?

#1912 11 hours ago

$29

#1913 7 hours ago

Detailed Description
Clearcoat; Fantastic; 355g; Aerosol;
FANTASTIC Diamond Clear is an advanced 2K clearcoat for high quality, long-term paintwork finishes. It can be used on both solvent and waterborne base coat systems to produce a lasting high gloss finish that's easy to polish and will not discolor. It has superior weather, UV, chemical, scratch and abrasion resistance. It is easy to use and gives an attractive spray gun finish.

Diamond hard
3 times more durable than 1K clearcoat
Ideally suited for larges surfaces even at higher ambient temperatures.

Here's the description form O'Reilly's site. Sound like it would work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.