IMG_2681.png
IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 563 of 569.
#28101 30 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I hope they do more than just scoring updates.

I mean, that's a huge issue right now. What else do you want them to do instead?

#28102 30 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like Ayce Gogi Van Nuys.

Bingo!

#28103 30 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

So I finally got out and played ALL the new modern pins. All I can say is “Yikes!” GNR is not going anywhere. In fact after tonight it went way up in value in comparison imo
Well here’s for hoping this new code is good but my wallet is very safe for now

I’m proud to say that my GNR is bolted at home since it was released… but I must add that my GodFather stays too, I love that game too man

#28104 30 days ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

In my post 28069 I suggested a way to change up the code. I've been playing with these settings for a couple of hours tonight and thought I'd give an update to what I think. It's fun and refreshed the game and makes me want to play it more. I suggest others try my version of the game code.

To sum up my version: One ball. No Extra Balls. No Add-A-Balls. Song lit at start of game. Its just a quick game with one ball and going straight into a song.

Single ball game. If you don't lock a ball before starting song. You only have one ball the entire song. This made the game more difficult, because its hard to make it to Encore on one ball. That's the fun challenge, to just make it to the end of the song. No more multi-ball chaos. GnR feels like a different game with no multi-balls. Also no building up a song value. The idea is shoot the scoop right after ball plunge. Your song level will be 10 if you choose your song or 25 if you don't. When played this way, your almost always in a song with one ball.

Multi-ball game. If you start locking balls, then the game feels more normal. A person could play around the scoop and collect patches, lock balls, and boost song level, just like with default settings. What's nice with locking balls pre-song, you can lock balls during song. It makes it easier to progress song with a held ball. The difference is, no add a ball. So when the ball save is over and you drain a ball its not coming back. This is a good in-between default and playing one ball only. You can still go for score, but the overall game time will be much shorter. The scores will be lower. If you reset the high scores, then it'll be relevant again, but just like one tenth the value.

This is definitely on my list to try. Right now with beta 43 out I'm working on testing that.
Would be awesome if Chaka could add your settings to his master document...
Maybe if you are so inclined you could take his master document make a column and fill in the settings so he can just paste it in his? I think this is really a wonderful effort and I would get a USB stick then back up these settings so I could load them at will. Really cool concept and I'm looking forward to trying it!

#28105 30 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like Ayce Gogi Van Nuys.

I wonder if that Dirty Harry is the sample game I sold Shane ?

#28106 30 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I hope they do more than just scoring updates.

They do. New options in the game menu such as not stackable booster multiball option and option to enable ball save window when guitarlock releases a ball. Things are looking bright for GnR's future.

#28107 30 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m proud to say that my GNR is bolted at home since it was released… but I must add that my GodFather stays too, I love that game too man

Mine was allways bolted to the floor. The legs poured in concrete after the autographs and with these updates i can barely get my hands of the flipperbuttons. This game is going nowhere except in my last will and testament. Now i gotta leave my keyboard and go play another game. Every once in a while it still kicks me in my teeth. Gotta love it!!!!!

Loving the new Beta 43 that got released yesterday and really wanna sink my theeth into it this long weekend.

#28108 30 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’ve never seen one there so most likely. Fun game, why did you sell it?

#28109 30 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Is that the one with the target that blocks the building shot?

#28110 29 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Loving the new Beta 43 that got released yesterday and really wanna sink my theeth into it this long weekend.

Yes, that's exactly what these changes make you want to do... this is an exciting time for this masterpiece.

#28111 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is definitely on my list to try. Right now with beta 43 out I'm working on testing that.
Would be awesome if Chaka could add your settings to his master document...
Maybe if you are so inclined you could take his master document make a column and fill in the settings so he can just paste it in his? I think this is really a wonderful effort and I would get a USB stick then back up these settings so I could load them at will. Really cool concept and I'm looking forward to trying it!

I’m gonna wait till the next full code release before I revisit the game settings. There’s a lot of changes so a complete revamp of game settings (if necessary) will be in order. I notice the new code has additional game settings as well. So updating it now would probably not be useful. So meanwhile just hoping this next update is a game changer

#28112 29 days ago

And to this point, it will be interesting if JJP decides to make any of those new options the default.

#28113 29 days ago

Is there going to be a general release of these new code updates outside beta ? I am running 2.01 and machine tells me I am up to date and no new releases

#28114 29 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is there going to be a general release of these new code updates outside beta ? I am running 2.01 and machine tells me I am up to date and no new releases

Well --

If you want the beta code and understand features may be broken as well as new features added, you need to go into settings and enable beta releases.

And yes, there should be a general release of the new code once the beta testing is complete, this is one method used in software release management.

#28115 29 days ago
Quoted from altan:

And to this point, it will be interesting if JJP decides to make any of those new options the default.

Yeah. Hopefully they populate the templates this time around. Last time I checked they were all blank And if we’re lucky, they will give us the ability to save a couple of our own cystom game settings

#28116 29 days ago

if we’re lucky, they will give us the ability to save a couple of our own cystom game settings

That would be AMAZING to be able to save game settings as presets, 1-5 for example, give them a name, and save them so that we could recall them through the menu.

#28117 29 days ago

Any estimate on when the new code is expected to be released to the public?

#28118 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That would be AMAZING to be able to save game settings as presets, 1-5 for example, give them a name, and save them so that we could recall them through the menu.

Or just let you cycle through the presets on the main attract mode screen using the flipper buttons and action button, like adjusting bluetooth, etc is now. Would make changing profiles for parties/guests/whatever and changing back a breeze.

#28119 29 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any estimate on when the new code is expected to be released to the public?

Quarter two is what I’ve heard.

#28120 29 days ago

Hi all - I’m on beta 41
When I go to software update, no sign of beta 43, bit offers 2.01?

Has anybody had this and thoughts on getting the new download?

Thanks

#28121 29 days ago
Quoted from Youcheatdrjones:

Hi all - I’m on beta 41
When I go to software update, no sign of beta 43, bit offers 2.01?
Has anybody had this and thoughts on getting the new download?
Thanks

Your setting are probably reset, which occurs sometimes on the beta.
Check if you need enroll in beta again.
This has happened to a few.

#28122 29 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Your setting are probably reset, which occurs sometimes on the beta.
Check if you need enroll in beta again.
This has happened to a few.

Legend thanks mate will check when I get home thank you

#28123 29 days ago

I’ve never seen one there so most likely. Fun game, why did you sell it?

It was a long time ago and just didn’t click for me. Beautiful game, great theme. Love the cab art.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that the one with the target that blocks the building shot?

yes had drop target . And low serial # can’t remember but think it was 51 or 57 never wrote down the serial #

#28124 29 days ago

I had to do a full install and now it’s not recognizing the usb WiFi.

The system won’t allow me to select the WiFi option in settings.

Any ideas?

#28125 29 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any ideas?

I assume you have reinserted the usb WiFi dongle to check connection? Maybe track it’s wire as well

#28126 29 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any ideas?

How many times did you reboot?
I've had instances where the Wi-Fi doesn't come up properly and if I reboot it comes up the next time

#28127 29 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I assume you have reinserted the usb WiFi dongle to check connection? Maybe track it’s wire as well

I have several times. The WiFi adapter is blinking green so I’d assume it’s plugged in and getting power.

#28128 29 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How many times did you reboot?
I've had instances where the Wi-Fi doesn't come up properly and if I reboot it comes up the next time

This has been going on for a couple of weeks since I did the full reinstall. Game has been turned off and on countless times.

I’ve tried on my own to figure this out to no avail so I’m hoping someone on here can help.

#28129 29 days ago

Well you have to accept the terms and conditions below wifi setup before you can get WiFi to work.

Thanks for the ideas and help. Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future.

#28130 29 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Well you have to accept the terms and conditions below wifi setup before you can get WiFi to work.
Thanks for the ideas and help. Hopefully this helps someone else out in the future.

Ah yes, a full install will often (always?) make you accept the t&c again... Doh. I knew that. Glad you got it.

#28131 29 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Glad you figured it out

#28132 25 days ago

Little beta teaser...info screen addition.
Screenshot_20240402-204427 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240402-204427 (resized).png

#28133 25 days ago

Ok since you asked, one more...

Screenshot_20240402-205012 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240402-205012 (resized).png
#28134 25 days ago

Now that’s what I’m talking about!

#28135 25 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok since you asked, one more...[quoted image]

I love negative achievements. They are hilarious to me, and I think are very relatable to anyone who has lost a big bonus or whatever. Glad to see JJP is adding some.

#28136 24 days ago

I’m on the latest beta and have started seeing that within the first couple of minutes of the first game the optical sensors in the shooter lane stops working. Anyone else seeing this? If not, probably time again to lift the playfield and reseat all cables.

#28137 24 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I’m on the latest beta and have started seeing that within the first couple of minutes of the first game the optical sensors in the shooter lane stops working. Anyone else seeing this? If not, probably time again to lift the playfield and reseat all cables.

Haven't noticed anything unusual with the optos in this or the last few betas I've been part of.

#28138 24 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Remove the board and clean the areas with a qtip from underneath.

Then, make sure the small usb connector to the control board is securely in.

#28139 24 days ago

I was having issues with my game losing track of balls. Turned out to be the main "molex" plug (left side of pic) that feeds the trough boards. Just unplugged it, re seated it. Boom. No more issues

17121993226453204455067253211993 (resized).jpg17121993226453204455067253211993 (resized).jpg
#28140 24 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was having issues with my game losing track of balls. Turned out to be the main "molex" plug (left side of pic) that feeds the trough boards. Just unplugged it, re seated it. Boom. No more issues[quoted image]

Mine has been a bit of pain for me the last few months itself. Thinking of dropping a dab of silicone on the outside of connection to lock them together better

#28141 24 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I switched the usb plugs on the motherboard and mine have been rock solid since. Don't know if there was a loose connection or the usb's just got reassigned, but it worked for me

Screenshot 2024-01-15 103415 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-01-15 103415 (resized).png
#28142 24 days ago

Hey guys!

I’m looking at joining the club soon. I have a FaceTime call lined up with a seller tonight.

What areas of the playfield should I be looking for in terms of looking or chipping? I remember see posts about GnR playfield issues a while back.

Anything else I should be looking for?
It is a LE number in the 600s if that means anything.

Thanks!

Richard

#28143 23 days ago

Welcome to the club soon. I would make sure the spot lights and Axl magnet are working. Also check the diverter is working properly. Maybe check how many plays it has on it.

Good luck

#28144 23 days ago

While I wish could avoid bring up old trauma, I'd specifically ask if the playfield has any issues. The original ones up to some point caused some commotion.

Oh, the LE number is meaningless. The manufactured date (on the back) may give insight into the item I mentioned. Others that lived though it probably have details, I got in after all that.

#28145 23 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hey guys!
I’m looking at joining the club soon. I have a FaceTime call lined up with a seller tonight.
What areas of the playfield should I be looking for in terms of looking or chipping? I remember see posts about GnR playfield issues a while back.
Anything else I should be looking for?
It is a LE number in the 600s if that means anything.
Thanks!
Richard

Ideally, you want a playfield from August 2021 or later (manufacture date is on the back of the machine, and inside to the left of the coin door on the left cab wall). Those are the least likely to have chipping and sagging issues. If it's before that, I would ask if they have a spare playfield as those were offered for half price as a backup for affected customers (everyone pre-Aug 2021, essentially).

If it's in the pre-Aug 2021 range, the best place to look for wrinkled/chipped clear is in the pop bumper area by any stationary post. Also the in/outlanes by the slings are common places to have wrinkling/sagging of the clear or chipping. A new playfield is $1000, so look for chipping carefully.

Working spotlights are nice to know, but they will break on you, too, so not a deal breaker if they're not all working. Figure $75-100 for all of them plus your time on top to get the better brackets and all new servos if they aren't working.

Axl magnet also gets blown out and stops working. If it's dead, you just need to put a new thermal switch on it, but it's still a hassle.

If the flippers, diverter, and magnet have not had active cooling added, examine all of them for swelling on the coils. GnR coils run very hot if not actively cooled, and that excessive heat over a long time causes coils to swell.

#28146 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ideally, you want a playfield from August 2022 or later (manufacture date is on the back of the machine, and inside to the left of the coin door on the left cab wall). Those are the least likely to have chipping and sagging issues. If it's before that, I would ask if they have a spare playfield as those were offered for half price as a backup for affected customers (everyone pre-Aug 2022, essentially).
If it's in the pre-Aug 2022 range, the best place to look for wrinkled/chipped clear is in the pop bumper area by any stationary post. Also the in/outlanes by the slings are common places to have wrinkling/sagging of the clear or chipping. A new playfield is $1000, so look for chipping carefully.
Working spotlights are nice to know, but they will break on you, too, so not a deal breaker if they're not all working. Figure $75-100 for all of them plus your time on top to get the better brackets and all new servos if they aren't working.
Axl magnet also gets blown out and stops working. If it's dead, you just need to put a new thermal switch on it, but it's still a hassle.
If the flippers, diverter, and magnet have not had active cooling added, examine all of them for swelling on the coils. GnR coils run very hot if not actively cooled, and that excessive heat over a long time causes coils to swell.

Thanks guys!

Dec 2020 is the build date, zooming in on the pics I don’t see any playfield issues.

I will ask for number of plays. I think it is low. Maybe that is why the pooling is not there? Or does it pool just by the pressure of the posts?

Thanks!

IMG_7841 (resized).jpegIMG_7841 (resized).jpegIMG_7852 (resized).jpegIMG_7852 (resized).jpegIMG_7855 (resized).jpegIMG_7855 (resized).jpegIMG_7857 (resized).jpegIMG_7857 (resized).jpeg
#28147 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ideally, you want a playfield from August 2022 or later (manufacture date is on the back of the machine, and inside to the left of the coin door on the left cab wall).

Obviously there's variation, but I just looked and mine is from August 2021 and it's perfect.

#28148 23 days ago

Here are some more pics he just sent.
Looking good to me.
It has 112 games played.

Thanks so much guys for your time on this!

IMG_7864 (resized).jpegIMG_7864 (resized).jpegIMG_7865 (resized).jpegIMG_7865 (resized).jpegIMG_7866 (resized).jpegIMG_7866 (resized).jpegIMG_7867 (resized).jpegIMG_7867 (resized).jpegIMG_7868 (resized).jpegIMG_7868 (resized).jpegIMG_7869 (resized).jpegIMG_7869 (resized).jpegIMG_7870 (resized).jpegIMG_7870 (resized).jpegIMG_7871 (resized).jpegIMG_7871 (resized).jpegIMG_7872 (resized).jpegIMG_7872 (resized).jpegIMG_7873 (resized).jpegIMG_7873 (resized).jpegIMG_7874 (resized).jpegIMG_7874 (resized).jpegIMG_7875 (resized).jpegIMG_7875 (resized).jpegIMG_7876 (resized).jpegIMG_7876 (resized).jpeg
#28149 23 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

...It has 112 games played.

That number cannot be trusted with JJP games because it can be reset.
Judge based on the condition you see, not the number of plays -- generally the best approach IMHO.

#28150 23 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Obviously there's variation, but I just looked and mine is from August 2021 and it's perfect.

Art adhesion to the wood is one of the main issues (a Mirco special!), and you won't really know until you start taking hardware off the PF and find out that the art comes with them. It can look fine overall and still be affected. ALL the ones pre Aug 2021 are suspect.

Edit: My bad. It was Aug 2021, not 2022. Fixed the references, including this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 563 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/563 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.