IMG_0037 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2822.gif
BiggestLoser@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_2813.gif
IMG_0279 (resized).jpeg
GnRcapsInstalled@6 (resized).jpg
IMG_7537 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

79 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 573.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but what exact model and version (if available) is printed on the router?
I'd try limiting the router to wireless g and one frequency (2.4Ghz first) and one channel (6 or 11 are best). Then see what you get for a connection. If you still can't connect, switch just the frequency to from 2.4 to 5Ghz only on the router and try again. You have too many variables, so you need to restrict them on the router side to find the issue.

Netgear Nighthawk XR500. I appreciate all the solutions Iā€™ll give it a whirl!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Netgear Nighthawk XR500. I appreciate all the solutions Iā€™ll give it a whirl![quoted image]

I'd also give Lermods all lowercase password a shot. If that doesn't work you can try turning wifi password security off completely (no wifi password at all) for a few minutes and then connect with no password to see if the wifi password security is the problem. It may be using a password key type that the GnR doesn't support (WPA vs WPA2, etc). All stuff to try to narrow down the actual area where the problem is.

#5303 3 years ago

So itā€™s been 2 whole weeks ago that I ordered the LE from cointaker. For all of us impatient man-children, I have come up with the most scientific, down to the mili-second, fool proof way of knowing when the LE line will start again. For those that got or are getting a CE just drop a post with your CE number. Iā€™ll actually start getting excited when I see the post ā€œJust got my 498 CE today.ā€

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

best case, they wrap up CE production by the end of February, switch back to LE and maybe by mid-late march? I don't know, no one is saying anything but that seems to be the current best case speculation and that is ONLY IF you were a day one (or perhaps week-1) preorder...anything beyond that the backlog probably puts it to later in spring.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m figuring or even later. Iā€™m patient which is why I didnā€™t jump the Gun See what I did there?

#5305 3 years ago

Does anyone know can you replace the usb wifi connector dongle with a different one? Having a hard time getting the machine to connect to my network. I have a netgear orbi mesh system and have the 5ghz band turned off but still the wifi won't connect. Whereas I can run a speed test from the exact location as the pin and get great download and upload speed so know the problem isn't the signal strength (also the emblem when picking the network shows the strongest signal). I'm thinking the dongle is not compatible with my router as I remember my wife's work computer had similar issues until I swapped out the dongle. I see someone above swabbed out the wifi dongle and it worked so going to give that a try.

#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

So itā€™s been 2 whole weeks ago that I ordered the LE from cointaker. For all of us impatient man-children, I have come up with the most scientific, down to the mili-second, fool proof way of knowing when the LE line will start again. For those that got or are getting a CE just drop a post with your CE number. Iā€™ll actually start getting excited when I see the post ā€œJust got my 498 CE today.ā€

This would work, but it doesn't work like Spooky builds. The numbers that go with the machines are pulled at random. You could tell if people post up the last digits of their serial number though I believe. For example my CE serial ends in 009 but the CE # is 50

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Does anyone know can you replace the usb wifi connector dongle with a different one? Having a hard time getting the machine to connect to my network. I have a netgear orbi mesh system and have the 5ghz band turned off but still the wifi won't connect. Whereas I can run a speed test from the exact location as the pin and get great download and upload speed so know the problem isn't the signal strength (also the emblem when picking the network shows the strongest signal). I'm thinking the dongle is not compatible with my router as I remember my wife's work computer had similar issues until I swapped out the dongle. I see someone above swabbed out the wifi dongle and it worked so going to give that a try.

did you try changing your router wifi password to all lowercase? If that doesn't work, did you try turning wifi passwords off completely just to see if you could connect at all?

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I suspect that's a question for JJP support because what will work must surely depend on what hardware the OS can recognize, and that is likely all up to what Keith & Co chose to load into the image... shouldn't it?

#5309 3 years ago

So changing out to a different usb dongle worked on the first try. If anyone is having trouble after trying different settings on the router then I definitely recommend trying a different dongle. Thanks for the poster who previously mentioned it.

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

So changing out to a different usb dongle worked on the first try. If anyone is having trouble after trying different settings on the router then I definitely recommend trying a different dongle. Thanks for the poster who previously mentioned it.

What USB wifi dongle model did you change to?

#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

What's the make/model of the dongle you swapped in?

ha. PinMonk beat me by 15 seconds.

Guess I'll go see if mine is gonna work. Been using bluetooth a bunch but hadn't bothered with wifi.

--- update ---
Wifi setup worked on first try. I connected it to our guest network which only runs on the 2.4Ghz band and does require a case-sensitive password. It authenticated using WPA2 with no problem. We have ASUS routers in mesh but I suspect from where it is located in the house it likely used our RT-AC5300 access point as that is closest.

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

What's the make/model of the dongle you swapped in?
ha. vireland beat me by 15 seconds.
Guess I'll go see if mine is gonna work. Been using bluetooth a bunch but hadn't bothered with wifi.

I think this may be my problem Iā€™ve ordered one on Amazon and Iā€™ll let you know if it works.

#5313 3 years ago

I got one that was on my wifeā€™s work desktop. Itā€™s a panda wireless pauo6. Have a netgear that I am ordering and going to try out as well and will let everyone know how that goes. After first switching out the dongle I kept getting an error that the update couldnā€™t verify after downloading. Upon restarting the machine, the download worked and verified. Finally got Scorbit to work now as well.

#5314 3 years ago

After updating to the new bits the first thing I noticed was the improvements they made to jukebox mode. I'm stoked.

Shuffle used to always start with the same song - Estranged, and after three weeks like this I was hearing that song in my sleep, so this is a relief! They also improved the song-title overlay to something more befitting this amazing machine. These little touches really speak to their dedication. Now I just need to Play Better.

#5315 3 years ago

With the new code that just came be interested to learn if your machines automatically updated, or how smooth the update went using WIFI?

Did anyone have trouble and have to do it the old fashion way? I posted the comments below on the CE thread... just in case you didn't hear.

There is NEW CODE for your GUNS CE. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Not sure if you read but most of the updates are for the CE lighting.

Make sure you download it!
Code update v1.12 for Guns N' Roses 'Not In This Lifetime' pinball includes enhanced lighting effects (bottom-cabinet, back-cabinet, and topper) for Collector's Edition. Also includes other various bug fixes and improvements.

#5316 3 years ago

Update via WiFi went as smooth as possible, connect, download, reboot (2 or 3 times) then done !

I can't tell the same with the bluetooth connectivity, where I can't pair my AirPods Pro or a Bose Soundlink. I did not try anything else yet, but if you know a better USB Bluetooth dongle that work with GnR, let me know !

#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

be interested to learn if your machines automatically updated,

You need to do it. Game turned on. Go into Utilities - find the update part and do what the screen says. Sit back and watch. The game does the rest.

LTG : )

#5318 3 years ago

i updated my le. very simple procedure. online uploading at its finest.

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Anyone know the wait time for SE's?

I was told that they have stopped making them until the early summer to focus on LE and CE.

#5320 3 years ago

Installed mirror blades from Cointaker today, very sharp. I'm a sucker for these things.

I thought I saw saw some say their game was too tight and wouldn't fit. I thought the same, but there is plenty of room. Highly recommend these if you want to add depth to your game. They come with a hole so you don't have to remove the hinge bolts. Took like 10 mins to install and I use two spring clamps to hold the blades in place while I predrill and install the screws. I don't put a screw in the middle hole, not really needed.

PXL_20210127_000634480 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_000634480 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_000637164 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_000637164 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_000640892 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_000640892 (resized).jpg
#5321 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed mirror blades from Cointaker today, very sharp. I'm a sucker for these things.
I thought I saw saw some say their game was too tight and wouldn't fit. I thought the same, but there is plenty of room. Highly recommend these if you want to add depth to your game. They come with a hole so you don't have to remove the hinge bolts. Took like 10 mins to install and I use two spring clamps to hold the blades in place while I predrill and install the screws. I don't put a screw in the middle hole, not really needed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look awesome and a perfect look for this title. Are your drums sticks (ramp) way off center from your target or is that an illusion from the mirrors?

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those look awesome and a perfect look for this title. Are your drums sticks (ramp) way off center from your target or is that an illusion from the mirrors?

Itā€™s an illusion, the target is centered.

#5323 3 years ago

I downloaded the update and now I get 1,000 points every time I hit the flipper. I don't believe that happened before. What am I missing?

Update: it did it for two straight games and then stopped. Very odd.

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wanted mirror blades but was afraid it would be blinding. Ended up getting the ones from tilt. Now I'm re guessing myself

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I downloaded the update and now I get 1,000 points every time I hit the flipper. I don't believe that happened before. What am I missing?

Update: it did it for two straight games and then stopped. Very odd.

If it starts again. Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and bang on playfield. See whet switch registers on the screen, it's touching or too sensitive.

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it starts again. Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed and bang on playfield. See whet switch registers on the screen, it's touching or too sensitive.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. Perhaps, it had the same issue in the past and I just didn't notice.

#5327 3 years ago

WiFi update went smooth as butter, dig it!

#5328 3 years ago

If anyone is wondering 1.12 is on the JJP site now for download via USB as of 5pm CDT today, for those of us that can't connect to wifi. Still can't after the update but will be trying a new dongle tomorrow. That's what she said!

Great update on jukebox mode!

#5329 3 years ago

So... The update download went perfectly...
But the install hasn't moved from this spot for 20 minutes....

Afraid to power off the machine....

Thoughts?

IMG_20210126_221142 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_221142 (resized).jpg
#5330 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So... The update download went perfectly...
But the install hasn't moved from this spot for 20 minutes....
Afraid to power off the machine....
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

It takes a bit...mine did the same thing and then it was done. Bar really doesn't move like it should.

#5332 3 years ago

...15 minutes later....

Starting to get concerned...
It has been well over 30 mins since the download finished...

1611718185049587585215785610281 (resized).jpg1611718185049587585215785610281 (resized).jpg
#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Starting to get concerned...
It has been well over 30 mins since the download finished...

Worst case scenario. If it kills the game. On the website there is a full install of 1.12 you could start over with.

#5334 3 years ago

Good point...
Is it an SD card or boot from a USB?
(Just need to be pointed to instructions... )

Will give it one more game of JP... (So say 5 mins tops... lol)

Thanks

Quoted from LTG:

Worst case scenario. If it kills the game. On the website there is a full install of 1.12 you could start over with.

#5335 3 years ago

Anyone else have inserts lifting in the city lights below Amps and Crowd? Iā€™ve reached out to JJP.

Todd

4E2B50EE-4A3B-4841-BD72-62BFBF965296 (resized).jpeg4E2B50EE-4A3B-4841-BD72-62BFBF965296 (resized).jpeg9FF3B6A1-C137-403E-B7EF-C550C0834151 (resized).jpeg9FF3B6A1-C137-403E-B7EF-C550C0834151 (resized).jpeg
#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

boot from a USB?

Full instructions are on the website to do a full install. Follow them carefully.

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

Anyone else have inserts lifting in the city lights below Amps and Crowd? Iā€™ve reached out to JJP.
Todd
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to see in the photos....

#5338 3 years ago

Took the plunge and restarted....

I've gotten this far now...

Progress bar doesn't seem to move

Was hoping not to wipe scores but...

Quoted from LTG:

Full instructions are on the website to do a full install. Follow them carefully.

16117201310992051112118162291511 (resized).jpg16117201310992051112118162291511 (resized).jpg

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hard to see in the photos....

Look at the tiny dot inserts over the world map. You can easily see many are raised.

gnr-liftinginserts (resized).jpggnr-liftinginserts (resized).jpg
#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look at the tiny dot inserts over the world map. You can easily see many are raised.[quoted image]

Yeah that looks pretty bad. Iā€™d put a ticket in.

#5341 3 years ago

FYI, if you have like me some issues with the left ramp flap jumping out of the right hole, I found a solution : just cut the head of a zip tie and insert it to the outer wireframe. Problem solved !

Gnr_Ziptie (resized).jpegGnr_Ziptie (resized).jpeg
#5342 3 years ago

That's cool. Little O ring might be good too.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got an arrival notice, machines should be hitting the land of oz this week.
Excited to say the least.

Did you go the LE punkin

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Did you go the LE punkin

Tried to get both, but was unsuccessful on the CE. Pretty disappointed too, nother Pirates right there.

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Tried to get both, but was unsuccessful on the CE. Pretty disappointed too, nother Pirates right there.

It was a bit of a stuff up. My mate here was told his was in first container but then notified itā€™s not. Heā€™s not very happy as that was the deal with him placing order. Iā€™m not a music pin person normally but I can see me trying one down the track. LEs should be easy to grab with 5000 floating around. I wonder how many they will actually sell. It will take some years to get 5000 out there. Better this than all the different variations like WoZ

Hope you get yours soon mate.

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

It was a bit of a stuff up. Mate here was told his was in first container but then notified itā€™s not. Heā€™s not very happy as that was the deal with him placing order. Iā€™m not a music pin person normally but I can see me trying one down the track. LEs should be easy to grab with 5000 floating around. I wonder how many they will actually sell. It will take some years to get 5000 out there. Better this than all the different variations like WoZ

I made the mistake of waiting to play it first .
I'll be lucky to be in 3rd or 4th shipment .

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah I want to play it but I guess Iā€™ll be waiting for the 2nd or 3rd shipment to even play this bad boy. So Iā€™m guessing end of feb or March before I even lay eyes on one

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah I want to play it but I guess Iā€™ll be waiting for the 2nd or 3rd shipment to even play this bad boy. So Iā€™m guessing end of feb or March before I even lay eyes on one

I have to sell my Hobbit like you did , so I'm not too worried about the wait .
After playing it , it was spectacular and I knew , I had to get one .

#5349 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Lermods:

Should i go black mirror or regular?

Is it the bally williams blades or the jjp ones on cointakers site?

Thx!

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm in the same boat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 28,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 573.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.