(Topic ID: 337190)

The official 2024 Golden State pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by superNoid
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9756 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6278 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0748 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20240425_005336554~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240425_001046968~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20230721_224526096 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6102 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6103 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6105 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6020 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6017 (resized).jpeg
    TWD Topper Square (resized).jpg
    Jaws topper 1 (resized).jpg
    There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 15 days ago

125 games signed up right now!

#152 14 days ago

30 Days until SHOWTIME!!!!!!

#153 13 days ago

Here is the official Golden State 2024 Pinball Glass Preorder instructions. Add on the cost of shipping and the risk of breakage, buying glass at a show is a real deal. Glass is heavy and hard to transport, so we only bring a few sheets extra to shows now. Please preorder your glass now.

We purchase our glass from the same companies that supply major pinball factories in Chicago.

Note these are preorder prices. The show prices will be $5 higher for those that wait for the show.

The preorder prices are:

Standard Playfield Glass: $35 or two sheets for $65
    Widebody Playfield Glass: $40 or two sheets for $75
    HD / Ultraviolet Blocking Glass $200 or $175 for multiple sheets

Pinball 2000 Glass - Williams NOS - $100 per sheet, however you will need to clean the pink wax-material off of the glass. We will provide instructions but steam, a plastic scraper, and elbow grease is required to remove this material. Limited Supply of this glass.

By preordering before the show we will guarantee that you will receive your glass. We will bring extra to sell at the show, but we sold out of several sizes last year.

For small orders no deposit is required. Glass is heavy so please order what you intend to pickup.

Please send your preorder requests and questions thru the pinside mail system.

#154 13 days ago
    Quoted from PinballTraders:

Here is the official Golden State 2024 Pinball Glass Preorder instructions. Add on the cost of shipping and the risk of breakage, buying glass at a show is a real deal. Glass is heavy and hard to transport, so we only bring a few sheets extra to shows now. Please preorder your glass now.
    We purchase our glass from the same companies that supply major pinball factories in Chicago.
    Note these are preorder prices. The show prices will be $5 higher for those that wait for the show.
    The preorder prices are:
    Pinball 2000 Glass - Williams NOS - $100 per sheet, however you will need to clean the pink wax-material off of the glass. We will provide instructions but steam, a plastic scraper, and elbow grease is required to remove this material. Limited Supply of this glass.
    By preordering before the show we will guarantee that you will receive your glass. We will bring extra to sell at the show, but we sold out of several sizes last year.
    For small orders no deposit is required. Glass is heavy so please order what you intend to pickup.

Do you have HD Widebody glass? Or is that Standard size only?

#155 13 days ago

I'm new to this field... Are your versions equally comparable to Stern/JJP's version?

#156 13 days ago

The preorder prices are:

Who makes the HD Glass ... I may order a few sheets

#157 12 days ago

If anyone is interested in a silhouette topper that I can bring to the show, I'm running a show special: $140 (and obviously no shipping). Regular price in my Pinside Shop is $185. Deadline to order to have at the show is Monday, April 29th. Please send me a DM if interested. Illumination kits need to be ordered through Mezelmods.

I have toppers for the following games:

ACDC
    Aerosmith
    Beatles
    BKSOR
    BM66
    Deadpool
    FF
    GB
    GOTG
    GOZ
    Jaws
    JP
    LOTR
    MET
    Munsters
    Queen
    RUSH
    Star Wars
    TMNT
    TWD
    Venom
    James Bond Topper Small Square (resized).jpgJames Bond Topper Small Square (resized).jpgJaws topper 1 (resized).jpgJaws topper 1 (resized).jpgTWD Topper Square (resized).jpgTWD Topper Square (resized).jpg

#158 12 days ago

are you going to be doing your Bratwurst bbq cookout, Sparky ??

#159 12 days ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

are you going to be doing your Bratwurst bbq cookout, Sparky ??

Hi Roland,

I am not. I was not able to make it to the show the last two years, but someone else in the Lodi league held the bbq in my absence. I'm not sure if they will be doing it again or not. I wasn't sure I'd be able to attend again this year, but I should be there at some point on Saturday and most of the day Sunday.

#160 12 days ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Hi Roland,
    I am not. I was not able to make it to the show the last two years, but someone else in the Lodi league held the bbq in my absence. I'm not sure if they will be doing it again or not. I wasn't sure I'd be able to attend again this year, but I should be there at some point on Saturday and most of the day Sunday.

I asked George this very question last night regarding the BBQ as I always like to do my part to contribute. George confirmed that the BBQ is happening!

#161 12 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

The HD glass is made by the same factory that makes the glass for a major Pinball Company. We do not make it locally. Sold a lot of sheets over the years and so far no complaints.

#162 12 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from zermeno68:

I'm new to this field... Are your versions equally comparable to Stern/JJP's version?

The glass is called by many names, HD, Voodoo, Magic Glass, etc. All this glass is a low glare UV blocking glass that originated in the rare artwork field. Our glass is made by the same company that makes glass for a major Pinball Company. Hint it is one of the ones on the list above.

#163 12 days ago

We are bringing 1000's of New, NOS, and used parts to Golden State Pinball Festival this year. I obviously will not be bringing every part that we stock or have access to. I will bring the newest and most popular parts to the show. As a reseller of Planetary Pinball Retail parts we have agreed to bring down any part that is ordered from the Planetary Pinball website from now until the show. I have access to 1000's of other parts from the PPS catalog at www.planetarypinball.com

Now until Wednesday May 15th, you can purchase parts from the Planetary Pinball website and request free shipping with delivery to Golden State. Just select the free shipping option on checkout. Your items will be available for pickup at our booth at the show.

Be sure to check out the Planetary Pinball website as there are a lot of new parts on the store. Many of these parts have not been available for years and are produced using the original blue prints.

Thanks

-roger-

#164 12 days ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

but I should be there at some point on Saturday and most of the day Sunday

Yay! Come by the pool hall in camp, Daddio!

#165 12 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yay! Come by the pool hall in camp, Daddio!

Yes, I'm looking forward to going again. Two years cancelled and two more missed. I haven't been since 2019!

#166 9 days ago

Flippin Friday kick off diner and the Spirit Of Steve Charland award!

Theres no better way to kick off a fun filled weekend than eating a delicious catered meal with complimentary beer and wine included! Its onsite so you don't have to go far and miss out on the fun! A big thanks to Das Flipperhaus for providing the beer again this year!

This year we honor Adam Preszler! As our Chief Electrician he makes sure that all the games we love to play have the power they need! Not only that he is a super volunteer and friend to many in the pinball community.

The fun starts at 6:00 PM with passed appetizers before our family style dinner featuring Grilled Kona Tri Tip from the World Famous Swingle Meat Company served with Rice Pilaf and Pasta Primavera featuring the best spring vegetables the Central Valley has to offer. Rounding out dinner is a straight from the farmers’ market Mixed Green Salad served with Italian rolls from Genova Bakery, a Stockton Institution for 102 years. Save room for coffee and glorious California Strawberries with mascarpone whipped cream and a shortbread cookie for dessert.

Vegans and vegetarians, we’ve got you covered with grilled marinated tofu cutlets served with an agave wasabi glaze for a bit of spicy fun, there’s rice pilaf on the side and a pasta primavera showcasing the best farmers market vegetables.

Spaces are limited so reserve your spot now!

https://forms.gle/TFdoBr8FVWFYT7j96

IMG_6017 (resized).jpegIMG_6017 (resized).jpegIMG_6018 (resized).jpegIMG_6018 (resized).jpegIMG_6019 (resized).jpegIMG_6019 (resized).jpegIMG_6020 (resized).jpegIMG_6020 (resized).jpeg

#167 9 days ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

Theres no better way to kick off a fun filled weekend than eating a delicious catered meal with complimentary beer and wine included! Its onsite so you don't have to go far and miss out on the fun! A big thanks to Das Flipperhaus for providing the beer again this year!
    This year we honor Adam Preszler! As our Chief Electrician he makes sure that all the games we love to play have the power they need! Not only that he is a super volunteer and friend to many in the pinball community.
    The fun starts at 6:00 PM with passed appetizers before our family style dinner featuring Grilled Kona Tri Tip from the World Famous Swingle Meat Company served with Rice Pilaf and Pasta Primavera featuring the best spring vegetables the Central Valley has to offer. Rounding out dinner is a straight from the farmers’ market Mixed Green Salad served with Italian rolls from Genova Bakery, a Stockton Institution for 102 years. Save room for coffee and glorious California Strawberries with mascarpone whipped cream and a shortbread cookie for dessert.
    Vegans and vegetarians, we’ve got you covered with grilled marinated tofu cutlets served with an agave wasabi glaze for a bit of spicy fun, there’s rice pilaf on the side and a pasta primavera showcasing the best farmers market vegetables.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As a regular consumer of the grilled tofu with the agave wasabi glaze (we usually do honey but it's not vegan). This is an amazing vegan dish you will likely never see again

#168 9 days ago

Adam is a truly wonderful part of our local pinball community and a good friend to so many. I’m happy to see him get this well-deserved award. He’s helped me out personally with some of my game maintenance issues that are above my skill level, I can only hope to pay him back by being there whenever he needs me.

#169 9 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Adam is a rock star. I love recognition. I can’t wait to say hello.

#170 9 days ago

I do not arrive until Saturday night, myself.
    Have a great time all Saturday.

Rock show - McCartney and wings.

#171 8 days ago

Check out the amazing job Monolith Press did with screen printing the foil variant of this years show art by The Art of Brian Allen - Flyland Designs!! Want to get one for free?! Either bring three games to the show (games MUST remain until show close on Friday to receive) or volunteer for four or more shifts at the show! It’s our thank you to the amazing people that make the show amazing!

Standard signed and numbered screen prints will also be available to purchase at the show!

IMG_6102 (resized).jpegIMG_6102 (resized).jpegIMG_6103 (resized).jpegIMG_6103 (resized).jpegIMG_6105 (resized).jpegIMG_6105 (resized).jpeg
    #172 8 days ago

My Camp Silver Ball ride.
    Campers: roll yer rides.
    Tall Bike Posse giddy up!

PXL_20230721_224526096 (resized).jpgPXL_20230721_224526096 (resized).jpg
    #173 8 days ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

As a regular consumer of the grilled tofu with the agave wasabi glaze (we usually do honey but it's not vegan). This is an amazing vegan dish you will likely never see again

Thank you for offering a yummy vegan dish, can’t wait!

#174 8 days ago

Mark,U relly gonna ride that thing??

#175 7 days ago

Room secured. Looking forward!

#176 7 days ago

How about this bad boi to tote yer drunk ass around the campground

PXL_20240425_001046968~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240425_001046968~2 (resized).jpg
    #177 7 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mark,U relly gonna ride that thing??

Umm. Duh. I just rode it to the local brewery for a couple of beers.

#178 7 days ago
    PXL_20240425_005336554~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240425_005336554~2 (resized).jpg
    #179 7 days ago

Did pee-wee Herman bequeath that high rider to you?
    Seems like after few beers that could be a dangerous ride.
    Either way , jealous you were drinking beers on a Wednesday afternoon

#180 6 days ago

Yum, Max is a great guy and loves pinball! See ya in Lodi soon - would be great if Max could make it up too!

#181 6 days ago
    Quoted from genex:

would be great if Max could make it up too!

He's a hard maybe. Prolly 60% chance
    I might be bringing a pony keg of tdny for the pool hall

#182 5 days ago

We are offering free delivery to the GSPF show for any game purchases.

Take a look at our website for current inventory:

https://mytoyzunlimited.com/classifieds#3cc47e64-118f-4b05-bda6-786817330888

#183 5 days ago

Thanks to some very generous sponsors we are able to reward those that bring pins, above and beyond what we have already promised! These sponsored swag boxes will help get your pins back in tip top shape after the show! Check out what’s inside:

Pinmonk - Plush nylon washer leg bolt set https://pinmonk.com/

Ball Baron - Ball assortment pack https://ballbaron.com/

Titan - 2-pack of flipper rubber https://www.titanpinball.com/

Mezel Mods - Branded screwdriver set https://mezelmods.com/

Pinball Life - Pinball glass corner protectors https://www.pinballlife.com/

Marco Specialties- Stud buddy mini wrench, snake clip, and a keychain https://www.marcospecialties.com

Please note, we will have about 80 swag boxes to give out, one per person bringing any amount of games, but they will be given out to the first 80 people checking in games at the show. Games must be present at the time of check in to qualify!
    Thanks as always to our amazing VIPs that bring games, we could not have a show without you!

IMG_6241 (resized).jpegIMG_6241 (resized).jpeg
    #184 5 days ago

Please note, we will have about 80 swag boxes to give out, one per person bringing any amount of games, but they will be given out to the first 80 people checking in games at the show. Games must be present at the time of check in to qualify!
    Thanks as always to our amazing VIPs that bring games, we could not have a show without you!

Let's gooooooooooo!
    Yo Gene! Stop by the Silver Ball Pool Hall for some draft TDNE! Max is gonna set me up.

#185 5 days ago
    Quoted from topkat:

after few beers that could be a dangerous ride.

I been practicing in various states of inebriation for weeks. I can ride that pony 3 sheets to the wind and a chaser.

#186 5 days ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I been practicing in various states of inebriation for weeks. I can ride that pony 3 sheets to the wind and a chaser.

OK,wow this is gonna be a fun time alright!!

#187 4 days ago

20 Days until SHOWTIME!!

#188 4 days ago

When are the schedules going to be posted for the seminars (website still just has "coming soon" there)? Will they be streamed live or uploaded later?

#189 4 days ago

Saturday, May 18th @ 2:30PM-3:30PM

Homebrew & Custom Games Makers Chat

How do I know? I'm in it!

#190 4 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

When are the schedules going to be posted for the seminars (website still just has "coming soon" there)? Will they be streamed live or uploaded later?

Very soon

#191 3 days ago

I'm having trouble adding games to Golden State page.

Update- works on my phone, not from my PC.

#192 3 days ago

I saw they were added, thanks! (https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/pin-u/ for those interested)

So is Mike's 007 Deep Dive cover for a surprise John Wick demo session?

Do you know if these seminars will be live streamed on twitch or youtube?

#193 3 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I saw they were added, thanks! (https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/pin-u/ for those interested)
    So is Mike's 007 Deep Dive cover for a surprise John Wick demo session?
    Do you know if these seminars will be live streamed on twitch or youtube?

Not streamed, but will be recorded and uploaded to Marco's YouTube after the show. I've updated the web page to indicate this. Thanks for the great question!

#194 3 days ago

Some of you have found out already but yes indeed the schedule is live!

The Northern California Pinball Association has partnered with Marco Specialties to bring you an exciting line up of speakers and seminars on Saturday and Sunday at this years show hosted by Imoto Arcade! Full lineup and schedule on our website, or just save this pic so you can plan all the fun and learning for your weekend!

https://www.goldenstatepinball.org/pin-u/

Big thanks to DRI374 and Erika’s Pinball Journey who will be recording as many sessions as possible for all to view after the show on Marco’s YouTube page, we will be sure to post links when they become available.

IMG_6278 (resized).jpegIMG_6278 (resized).jpeg
    #195 3 days ago

Hmm, I see a missing name on one

#196 3 days ago

I see you @thatoneude! Nice. I see Jimmy B. Mike Schiess, TFR Mike's girl Phinley. And so many more ! I see a bunch of excellent people and topics! Beeyoutee!

#197 2 days ago

Seminar Sunday 11 am! I can learn a new trick or two still. (Old dog pictured)
    IMG_0748 (resized).jpegIMG_0748 (resized).jpeg

#198 2 days ago

Good thing I might not miss my hair.

#199 2 days ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Hmm, I see a missing name on one

Updated and fixed

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2024-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.