53607787358_d7e35f7242_k (resized).jpg
53607579486_cdb0869a94_k (resized).jpg
53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg
53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 1 year ago

Had to add a pink Cadillac to the Heartbreak Hotel and also added a Graceland...

DSC00880 (resized).JPGDSC00880 (resized).JPGDSC00870 (resized).JPGDSC00870 (resized).JPGDSC00875 (resized).JPGDSC00875 (resized).JPGDSC00877 (resized).JPGDSC00877 (resized).JPG
#552 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not in the club, but my brother owns one.
The hound dog switch ain’t registering hits. I haven’t gotten over there yet to take a look at it yet. But what have people found to be the common issue for this?
Thanks!

There is a switch that hits when the hound dog goes up. This video from TNT addresses the same issue. The fix is on the time stamp of about 38:00 minutes.

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

There is a switch that hits when the hound dog goes up. This video from TNT addresses the same issue. The fix is on the time stamp of about 38:00 minutes.

Awesome...thank you!!!!

All I need is the switch adjuster tool. That makes life extra easy.

1 week later
#554 1 year ago

Have an Elvis on it's way to me and missing target decals on heartbreak hotel and king. Anyone knows where these can be bought or can anyone share a good picture of it so I can print them myself?

1 week later
#555 1 year ago

Got Elvis in and installed first part of my mods...
Finalizing LEDs in topper

IMG_8196 (resized).jpgIMG_8196 (resized).jpgIMG_8287 (resized).jpgIMG_8287 (resized).jpgIMG_8288 (resized).jpgIMG_8288 (resized).jpgIMG_8289 (resized).jpgIMG_8289 (resized).jpgIMG_8290 (resized).jpgIMG_8290 (resized).jpg
#556 1 year ago

Having an annoying buzz sound in the speakers when I keep the flippers up.
Especially the left one is very disturbing...
The sound is in the speakers (even with volume at 0)
Saw that Sterns sometimes have buzzing sounds at coil level but found nothing on speaker buzzes....

#557 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

sounds at coil level

It may be just loud buzzing from bad coil stops. I have had some that are pretty loud. May try and replace coil stops and see if that helps.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It may be just loud buzzing from bad coil stops. I have had some that are pretty loud. May try and replace coil stops and see if that helps.

will do but don't understand the link with the speakers....

#559 1 year ago

My auto shooter doesn't have enough power to kick the ball up to the upper inlanes, short by an inch .
Easy way to improve this ?

#560 1 year ago

Other issue, Elvis' legs aren't moving, arms do move.
All cables are connected and plunger enters coil when moving legs manually.
In coil test they do not react (arms do)
Cables are Brown and black/green.

Q29 is taking care of legs, Q30 of the arms.
Ground + Q30 : arms moving
Ground + Q29 : no movement in legs

With DMM : Black on ground, Red on top of transistor. None of the transistor is beeping...

How to check where the issue is?

1 week later
#561 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

replaced left one was 6mm, new one is 8.2mm. Huge difference but still a little buzzing presence...

#562 1 year ago

Some extra mods, made some decals...

IMG_8718 (resized).jpgIMG_8718 (resized).jpgIMG_8721 (resized).jpgIMG_8721 (resized).jpgIMG_8722 (resized).jpgIMG_8722 (resized).jpgIMG_8723 (resized).jpgIMG_8723 (resized).jpg
#563 1 year ago

and also added a 3D mod on lower flipper bats and decals on the other 2 ones (Thx Andrew)
Also added a color DMD
Now he's finished, let's play !

IMG_8716 (resized).JPGIMG_8716 (resized).JPGIMG_8719 (resized).jpgIMG_8719 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpg
#564 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Some extra mods, made some decals...

Looking good

It's good to know the King is appreciated overseas-cheers

#565 1 year ago

Is the sound and callouts kind of blend together on this pin? I just got it and it’s not like the newer ones. It’s like all the same volume or something. I was just curious if it’s an issue or normal

2 weeks later
#566 1 year ago

Looking for the clear plastic above the left slingshot. Mine is destroyed on my game and I need another one.

4 months later
#567 8 months ago

Elvis fleece blanket glass covers now available in my store. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09101-elvis-fleece-blanket-glass-cover

Elvis2 (resized).pngElvis2 (resized).pngelvis1 (resized).pngelvis1 (resized).png
2 months later
#568 6 months ago

Hi
What’s the going rate for an ELVIS in good condition?

Thanks

1 week later
#569 6 months ago

I have an Elvis Gold and was wondering if the speaker kit that Pinsound sells would be an upgrade to them or if they would be about the same as what is currently in there. I attached a few pics of what is presently installed which I believe came from the factory. Will probably get a Pinsound Plus board as well.

IMG_0090 (resized).jpegIMG_0090 (resized).jpegIMG_0091 (resized).jpegIMG_0091 (resized).jpegIMG_0092 (resized).jpegIMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

#570 6 months ago

Picked one of these up last week from a buddy looking to fund some house repairs, so he sold me this for a good deal. Couldn't say no. Currently in the middle of an Addams PF swap but waiting on parts to arrive so while waiting, I quickly tore into this and brought it back to life. I don't think it had ever been torn down before. It only really had a handful of minor issues but was able to get it fully working and issue-free. Someone had done a partial LED kit. Any bulbs that weren't easily accessible, they didn't change. The only real issues were a number of switches were not registering and the post that keeps the ball locked for the Heartbreak Hotel was installed incorrectly. Someone took it apart and when they reassembled it, they put the C clip on the wrong side of the bracket, which kept the post down all the time. This prevented the switch from registering and you couldn't start the multiball. Removed the clip, installed it on the correct side of the bracket, and now it stays up, pulls down, and works as expected. The left ramp had a number of welds that were broken. Had a buddy weld them up for me. After that, the switches that were not registering was due to two broken wires that got snagged on the left playfield slide rail. Spliced them together and resecured the bundle so that wouldn't happen again. Everything else was basic maintenance. Don't think this machine was every properly cleaned in it's life, so it took a but of elbow grease to get it cleaned up. Turned out quite nicely. Here's the scoop ( ) on everything done. This is my first time ever playing or working on this game, so if anyone sees something that needs addressed, please let me know. Thank you...

-) New Start button due to the original being broken
-) Adjusted the right cabinet flipper switch that was not adjusted correctly which resulted in the upper right flipper not working
-) Correctly assembled the up post that captures the ball for the Heartbreak Hotel multiball.
-) New Color DMD
-) New shooter rod assembly
-) Full flipper rebuild on all 4 flippers
-) New rubbers
-) New flipper bats
-) New balls
-) New flipper coils
-) New glass
-) Full playfield topside teardown and full/deep cleaning and polishing
-) Fixed the broken welds on the left ramp
-) Fixed the broken wires that were snagged on the left playfield slide rail
-) Cleaned the inside/outside of the cabinet
-) Installed some 3D-printed flipper button armor to hide the terrible wear around the buttons
-) New leg cabinet protectors
-) Tightened EVERY screw/post/nut, etc.
-) Adjusted the shooter guide rail inward a bit because it was bent too far out, which was letting the ball completely bash the post behind the Hound Dog, next to the "T" of the "TCB targets. It broke the T-Nut. Replaced the T-Nut, replaced the screw, replaced the post, adjusted the guide, and now the ball goes around and up to the lanes like it's supposed to

IMG_4702 (resized).JPGIMG_4702 (resized).JPGIMG_4704 (resized).JPGIMG_4704 (resized).JPGIMG_4705 (resized).jpgIMG_4705 (resized).jpgIMG_4680 (resized).JPGIMG_4680 (resized).JPGIMG_4681 (resized).JPGIMG_4681 (resized).JPGIMG_4682 (resized).JPGIMG_4682 (resized).JPGIMG_4683 (resized).JPGIMG_4683 (resized).JPGIMG_4684 (resized).JPGIMG_4684 (resized).JPGIMG_4685 (resized).JPGIMG_4685 (resized).JPGIMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4686 (resized).JPGIMG_4687 (resized).JPGIMG_4687 (resized).JPGIMG_4688 (resized).JPGIMG_4688 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4689 (resized).JPGIMG_4690 (resized).jpgIMG_4690 (resized).jpgIMG_4691 (resized).jpgIMG_4691 (resized).jpgIMG_4692 (resized).JPGIMG_4692 (resized).JPGIMG_4693 (resized).jpgIMG_4693 (resized).jpgIMG_4694 (resized).JPGIMG_4694 (resized).JPGIMG_4695 (resized).JPGIMG_4695 (resized).JPGIMG_4696 (resized).JPGIMG_4696 (resized).JPGIMG_4706 (resized).JPGIMG_4706 (resized).JPGIMG_4707 (resized).JPGIMG_4707 (resized).JPGIMG_4708 (resized).JPGIMG_4708 (resized).JPGIMG_4709 (resized).JPGIMG_4709 (resized).JPGIMG_4710 (resized).JPGIMG_4710 (resized).JPGIMG_4711 (resized).JPGIMG_4711 (resized).JPGIMG_4712 (resized).JPGIMG_4712 (resized).JPGIMG_4314 (resized).JPGIMG_4314 (resized).JPGIMG_4673 (resized).JPGIMG_4673 (resized).JPGIMG_4678 (resized).JPGIMG_4678 (resized).JPGIMG_4679 (resized).JPGIMG_4679 (resized).JPGIMG_4318 (resized).JPGIMG_4318 (resized).JPGIMG_4320 (resized).JPGIMG_4320 (resized).JPGIMG_4323 (resized).JPGIMG_4323 (resized).JPGIMG_4321 (resized).JPGIMG_4321 (resized).JPGIMG_4618 (resized).JPGIMG_4618 (resized).JPGIMG_4639 (resized).JPGIMG_4639 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4661 (resized).JPGIMG_4661 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4660 (resized).JPGIMG_4660 (resized).JPGIMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4663 (resized).JPGIMG_4663 (resized).JPGIMG_4664 (resized).JPGIMG_4664 (resized).JPGIMG_4662 (resized).JPGIMG_4662 (resized).JPGIMG_4666 (resized).JPGIMG_4666 (resized).JPGIMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4665 (resized).JPGIMG_4665 (resized).JPGIMG_4640 (resized).JPGIMG_4640 (resized).JPGIMG_4670 (resized).JPGIMG_4670 (resized).JPGIMG_4642 (resized).JPGIMG_4642 (resized).JPGIMG_4669 (resized).JPGIMG_4669 (resized).JPGIMG_4641 (resized).JPGIMG_4641 (resized).JPGIMG_4671 (resized).JPGIMG_4671 (resized).JPGIMG_4672 (resized).JPGIMG_4672 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#571 5 months ago

Looking for a left side #5 plastic and a jailhouse plastic. If you either and are interested in letting them go please let me know.
Thanks

72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#572 88 days ago

Well... I have finally upgraded my Elvis Gold during the last 2 weeks with PinSound speakers, the PinSound Plus board, and a ColorDMD display and am glad I did. Really enjoy some of the PinSound packages on it particularly the Elvis Christmas Hits by pinballjah (wife said that it sounded like I had a Christmas party going on in the basement). And it is so much easier to see what is going on in the display with ColorDMD! I'm hoping that over time there will be more Elvis PinSound music packages created, since he had so many great songs.

IMG_0437 (resized).jpegIMG_0437 (resized).jpegIMG_0439 (resized).jpegIMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#573 36 days ago

Finally joined the club tonight - this one may never leave my collection

#574 36 days ago

So- thought I'd post this here - I recently shopped a Mata Hari for a very nice gentleman. While working in his game room (easier to shop there than haul it home) -I kept hearing Elvis songs - even new songs, the latest songs - with Elvis singing them.

To preface this a bit - he's not just an avid collector (of various items, not just Elvis) - he has items that they actually transfer in & out of the Graceland museum - so he has the "stuff" (some items there are amazing I must say)

So I mention I just heard a song over his system, that is a new tune that came out way after Elvis died, was this a new impersonator I asked? That's when things got weird.

Again - we're talking a beautiful home, large pool with a "beach area" built in - one room had a collection of baseball cards - that's all - full of cards, organized, bundled, tubbed up - the card collection alone he'd been offered over one million for it - so this cat is not an everyday Joe.

Golf club collection - yeah, from the pro's, even some he'd beaten to win the clubs (one was from one of Hitler's generals...amazing stuff there. I could go on & on - I loved going out there just to look at the stuff really)

Back to Elvis - the songs I was hearing was from recent recordings - by the man - Elvis!

"Supposedly" he is alive and preaching, still singing. This guy has visited this man's church several times, even got up and sang with the man. Had videos, and showed me. Not sure who I was looking at.

So for you Elvis fans out there - to this man - the King is alive & well thank you!

#575 36 days ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

So- thought I'd post this here - I recently shopped a Mata Hari for a very nice gentleman. While working in his game room (easier to shop there than haul it home) -I kept hearing Elvis songs - even new songs, the latest songs - with Elvis singing them.
To preface this a bit - he's not just an avid collector (of various items, not just Elvis) - he has items that they actually transfer in & out of the Graceland museum - so he has the "stuff" (some items there are amazing I must say)
So I mention I just heard a song over his system, that is a new tune that came out way after Elvis died, was this a new impersonator I asked? That's when things got weird.
Again - we're talking a beautiful home, large pool with a "beach area" built in - one room had a collection of baseball cards - that's all - full of cards, organized, bundled, tubbed up - the card collection alone he'd been offered over one million for it - so this cat is not an everyday Joe.
Golf club collection - yeah, from the pro's, even some he'd beaten to win the clubs (one was from one of Hitler's generals...amazing stuff there. I could go on & on - I loved going out there just to look at the stuff really)
Back to Elvis - the songs I was hearing was from recent recordings - by the man - Elvis!
"Supposedly" he is alive and preaching, still singing. This guy has visited this man's church several times, even got up and sang with the man. Had videos, and showed me. Not sure who I was looking at.
So for you Elvis fans out there - to this man - the King is alive & well thank you!

The last reports had Elvis working at a Burger King in Kalamazoo. Considering his age, it’s probably good that he got away those burgers and fries. That stuff will kill ya.

#576 35 days ago

New Elvis Gold owner in the fold! You guys might have seen this one on eBay and here for sale. Here is how the story went as all pinball deals / finds most of the fun is the hunt, chase, and making the deal. I think the deal over all for most was a little shady and kept people away from working with this guy due to the fact the machine was in Florida and the owner lived in NJ. He was selling the house in Florida (was a winter vacation home he could no longer afford) cleaned it out and the only thing he left in the house was this Elvis Gold. Due to the owner needing it out of the house sooner than normal, I was able to get the machine for a fraction of his asking price. Super cheap as far as an Elvis Gold in this condition would sell for. I figured if I was taking a chance with this guy, the deal had to be cheap and right. As luck has it my shipper happened to be in Florida dropping off some other games. I was able to have my shipper meet the listing agent for the property and stop by the home to confirm a pinball machine was actually in the house and what condition it was in. The owner also worked with me where I didn't have to pay him a dime till my shipper had eyes on it and it was packed up and loaded. The owner knew zero about pinball machines in general and if you guys saw the listing, his pictures showed that. After all who really needs pictures of the inside of the coin door and coin box! The owner didn't know about the batteries on the board or even how to fold the head down so that didn't help. Typical non pinball guy. His story was he bought the machine brand new in the box for his wife, it was unboxed in his living room (in the same place my shipper moved it from) and his wife never really played it. So it just sat in the climate controlled house with a cover over it in the same place it was unboxed new till last week when I got it.

Good news while the batteries look to be original, they just started to leak in the holder. They were still zip tied into the holder. I think the date on the bottom is 08 no less. Very rare any tech or vendor would re-route that zip tie if the batteries were getting changed. Not sure what Stern used back then for batteries but looking at the over all condition of the game, I'd say they were original. To even further that thinking, the backbox glass was pretty much glues on the game from not ever taking it off. Took me over an hour with a plastic door panel tool to get the backbox glass off. There was also glue line traces from the boards down to the DMD when they hot glued all the ribbon cables in place. Don't worry, the battery holder has been cut of and NVRAM is now installed.
I checked the total plays on the machine and it was 778 since new. The condition shows that. All the original bulbs, rubbers,(only 1 broken rubber and some still soft,) and the post rubbers started to break up once I played a few games on it. Even the gold coin door lock and key still present. This thing is truly a time piece. All metal above and under the PF still shines. Flippers look new under neath and it plays like brand new. As I started taking off the plastics, underneath is as clean and white as new.
So far I've changed all the bulbs out to LED's, added a ColorDMD, Speaker lights, lighted flipper buttons, and I'm starting to do Titan red rubbers with some clear mixed in. I also ordered that active backbox light panel from Brandon so he's working on that. I've been casually looking for an Elvis Gold for some years now and I'm glad the wait paid off big time with this time piece.

One part that sucks is when they set the game up, the tore out the owners manual. Nothing worse then when I popped that playfield up for the first time since new, seeing the left over plastic scraps from where the owners manual bag was stapled. Goodie bag was at least in the coin box. Of course I'm sure the COA was in that package as well and that's not there. So anyone with a mint manual for sale please let me know. As I've been reading the thread here I didn't see anywhere where you can get another COA. Since the games were never numbered I guess it don't make much difference where it comes from and I'd even take a high rez color copy is someone has one or can make one for me.

So there is my Elvis Gold story. Any other tips or tricks please let me know. I have read this topic from page one. Lots of good useful information for sure and hopefully I can score a nice fresh manual I can staple back in place where it belongs!

53606708442_a28067a361_4k (resized).jpg53606708442_a28067a361_4k (resized).jpg53606708462_3f66ddcf63_4k (resized).jpg53606708462_3f66ddcf63_4k (resized).jpg53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg53607579486_cdb0869a94_k (resized).jpg53607579486_cdb0869a94_k (resized).jpg53607787358_d7e35f7242_k (resized).jpg53607787358_d7e35f7242_k (resized).jpg53607920424_ba81afac4b_k (resized).jpg53607920424_ba81afac4b_k (resized).jpg53608040340_1dc03aabb0_k (resized).jpg53608040340_1dc03aabb0_k (resized).jpg
#577 34 days ago

Did some digging in the settings and didn’t see any adjustment at first glance, but is there any way to make video mode start at level 2?

#578 33 days ago

Hitting the flipper buttons at the start of video mode allows you to change the level

#579 32 days ago
Quoted from HayBarber:

Hitting the flipper buttons at the start of video mode allows you to change the level

Thanks! Definitely a much better video mode on level 2 and 3

I cannot seem to start Blue Suede Shoes to save my life!

#580 32 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Nothing worse then when I popped that playfield up for the first time since new, seeing the left over plastic scraps from where the owners manual bag was stapled. Goodie bag was at least in the coin box.

Congrats on joining the club and it looks like you found a really nice example. Having the owners manual still stapled in the machine is a bit of a Pinside joke. It really is not a big deal and nobody really cares. Having the manual sit in you coinbox or off to the side of the speaker is no big deal. I would definitely not try and re-staple it in cabinet and put additional staple holes in your cabinet. Now all you need is some superbands, custom cards, and mylar protection for flipper wear on cabinet.

#581 32 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Congrats on joining the club and it looks like you found a really nice example. Having the owners manual still stapled in the machine is a bit of a Pinside joke. It really is not a big deal and nobody really cares. Having the manual sit in you coinbox or off to the side of the speaker is no big deal. I would definitely not try and re-staple it in cabinet and put additional staple holes in your cabinet. Now all you need is some superbands, custom cards, and mylar protection for flipper wear on cabinet.

Thanks! I sat back a few years and waited for this one. I never played the game until a few years back. I loved the flow and after playing it awhile I noticed it was a Steve Richie pin and then I knew why I liked it! The manual is just one of those stupid pet peeve OCD things I have. I'm sure one will show up in time. I printed the one out on IPDB so I have something. It's one of those things all my pins I have the manuals inside but I totally agree with you on that.

Superbands are here and going on soon. Good site for the custom cards? I usually do lolly pops on my pins if I can to save the sides but I think I'll do the mylar for sure on this one. Any place special you buy them? Can't wait to get it all done and spend some time playing it!

#582 31 days ago

Anyone happen to know where I could buy a new left upper flipper with the longer shaft?

#583 29 days ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Good site for the custom cards? I usually do lolly pops on my pins if I can to save the sides but I think I'll do the mylar for sure on this one. Any place special you buy them?

Coindropper made an excellent free set just get some good photo paper and print them out...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/18#post-5763076

As for the lolly pops I do not recommend them because of added screw holes in cabinet. Just buy a set of mylar flipper protectors from Pinball Life or Marcos(especially for home use).

#584 29 days ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Anyone happen to know where I could buy a new left upper flipper with the longer shaft?

So the part number is... 515-7399-08

Looks like it is discontinued. I would call 1-800-kickers and see if they happen to have any left in parts warehouse? Or have one made-4.89 is Huge!

#585 29 days ago

So, only issue I’m having on my Elvis is that a full plunge doesn’t feed properly to the inner loop. It will hit the rubber/post to the left of the T target of the TCB targets and then hit off the KING targets before coming down to the flippers. I found a previous post where someone complained of the same thing and another helpful Pinsider told them there is a post in a small column that can be adjusted to change the ball guide. Just wanted to double check that this is the correct one I should be loosening and adjusting?

IMG_7165 (resized).jpegIMG_7165 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#586 16 days ago

Upper right gate question - what would happen if it wasn't there at all? I've only had Elvis a couple weeks, am I missing something important that it does? You can still access the pops when it drops out of the "gifts" saucer after shooting the right orbit so I'm not seeing the need.

On mine the actuator keeps flipping 180 degrees and won't raise the gate...I think the ball hits it or something because it'll be fine for a bunch of games and then it flips. Every time that happens I have to remove the back wall to reach it, flip it and then reinstall the back wall. All only to have it happen 10 games later again. Plus I just think the game would play better without it (I did the same to WOF and it improved the game markedly). What am I missing?

#587 14 days ago

It's always nice to have some amazing friends in the pinball community! A good friend saw I was missing my COA and manual for my Elvis Gold I recently picked up and somehow, his Elvis Gold had 2 of them inside! So he very graciously gave me his spare for my Elvis Gold. Once I found mine missing (previous owner had no clue about the COA or manual) I thought, there is no way I'll every find a COA and or a minty fresh manual. Thanks again Pete you are the best!

53653308252_cbd2e4e19b_c (resized).jpg53653308252_cbd2e4e19b_c (resized).jpg
1 week later
#588 7 days ago

Just installed Brandon's backbox LED light kit and I must say... if any pinball deserves this kit it's Elvis! Not reflecting on the PF just enough action over all. Very easy to install and I love it!

53667367707_306a18dce1_k (resized).jpg53667367707_306a18dce1_k (resized).jpg
#589 4 days ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Upper right gate question - what would happen if it wasn't there at all? I've only had Elvis a couple weeks, am I missing something important that it does? You can still access the pops when it drops out of the "gifts" saucer after shooting the right orbit so I'm not seeing the need.
On mine the actuator keeps flipping 180 degrees and won't raise the gate...I think the ball hits it or something because it'll be fine for a bunch of games and then it flips. Every time that happens I have to remove the back wall to reach it, flip it and then reinstall the back wall. All only to have it happen 10 games later again. Plus I just think the game would play better without it (I did the same to WOF and it improved the game markedly). What am I missing?

Only thing that comes to mind would be if you hit the left orbit when Blue Suede Shoes isn’t lit, you wouldn’t get the magnet activating to pause the ball for the upper right flipper since it’s supposed to hit off the closed gate and feed into the pops

I also suppose removing the gate would give you the option on a plunge of having the ball go all the way around trying to hit the drop target for the super secret skill shot without having to hold the left flipper?

#590 1 hour ago

Elvis is just about done! Had some time and did a full shop out this weekend. PinSound will be next (picking that up in Allentown), shaker motor, and gold side blades to finish it off. That should be a ton of bling for the king. Shopping this game out was a breeze till I got to the Heart Break Hotel! Wow that was fun figuring how to get that loose enough to replace the lane lamp and rubbers up there said no one ever... Other than that it was nice working on a 700 game play since original Elvis. Everything came right off and it really shined up nice.

What I've done so far... Titian full red rubbers kit ( I used the manual to pick them out), lots of clear fender washers protecting the plastics, trough led strip, lighted red flipper buttons, Brandon's backbox light panel, led pop bumper (Comet Led) lighting, and I added the Tournament button just because I hate the plug on those lock down bars!
I'm also currently modding on the bench on of those those led lighted chasing "Welcome to Las Vegas" signs to sit on top of the back left plastic.

Here is a little video I made..

53684574454_e81c747cb1_4k (resized).jpg53684574454_e81c747cb1_4k (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Boards
PinSound

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.