53607787358_d7e35f7242_k (resized).jpg
53607579486_cdb0869a94_k (resized).jpg
53607578661_a53b63ed52_k (resized).jpg
53607578561_ee948dbe16_k (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
72092773055__6F6E9A06-95AF-493C-BC6C-39527483E4B1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4679 (resized).JPG
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 8 years ago

Can't belive this machine has been around for 10+ years and there is no club! Figured this would be a good way to keep all things Elvis in one spot. Let's see some of those mods, led setups, and strategies/tips to playing.
Personally, I like the retro, smokey bar feel of the lights and have only done mikeincali's ahooter rod mod.
Also curious on how you accumulate ENCORE letters. I know you can get one as a gift, but how do you get the others?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Wow..no love. Oh well

6 months later
#3 8 years ago

Well this thread got no love but I have one now and I think it's a lot of fun. I am of course modding the shit out of it. I have brass trim thanks to Mike Chestnut and he is in the process of brassing my ramps and wireforms now too.

So here's my question:

I bought four new flippers from Pinballdecals. Gold ones in keeping with the gold/brass theme. I have removed the four flippers that go on the game. The flipper that goes on the upper playfield has an extra long shaft. Are these shafts removable? I wanted all four of my flippers to match. Can I remove the long shaft from the original upper playfield flipper and put it in the new gold flipper that is on its way to me?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#4 8 years ago

I'm a huge Elvis fan and want to have one of these someday but what a shame its not being made today with the real songs in full and maybe more attention based on the Vegas years, thats the real fast and furious pin music.

#5 8 years ago

I was raised on Elvis and Motown. My mom is a huge Elvis fan. Like super fan huge.

Check out this great back box kit Arcade Upkeep made for me:

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Great game doesn't get enough love. Toyotaboy made a great lcd mod for my game. A 3D printing of an old tv set that plays Elvis clips. Even added LED lights in back that looks like the glow from an old tv tube. Couldn't be happier, really adds to this great game! Contact him for custom needs, fantastic service! Helped me through ally questions.

20160328_182110_(resized).jpg20160328_182110_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

Oh wow I love it! Can you take another photos with it and the entire game in the shot? Where is that positioned? I'll PM him.

So I had a question. I'm being told that standard Elvis doesn't have the code for a shaker but Elvis Gold does. How do I upgrade to the Elvis Gold code? Can it be done?

2 weeks later
#8 8 years ago

Elvis fans and really anyone with an opinion. I'd like your input. I am replacing the pop bumpers on my Elvis. I'm not sure if I want to go all gold with a red top or completely all red. My Elvis is decked out in brass so the gold would fit and there's plenty of red on the playfield and the rubbers I used to where all red bumpers would make sense. Any thoughts?

#9 8 years ago

Gold! The more gold the better

#10 8 years ago

When I get more room, I would like to own this someday.

A very under appreciated machine.

#11 8 years ago

Thanks and I also asked some local Pinsider friends and they agree so I went with gold.

#12 8 years ago

I have this game. I think it's one of Steve Ritchie's most clever layouts. I love the upper playfield and the way the ball flies through like regular smooth ramps if you don't flip. I hate Elvis as a theme. I'm going to do a retheme on this game like I did on my Rolling Stones to iron maiden project. Unfortunately for me, this time it'll need a software rewrite to retheme.

#13 8 years ago

I'm a big fan of Elvis and I live in Memphis. I am creating the nicest most blinged out Elvis. That's my plan anyway. All the trim is brassed even the ramps. Custom back box, ColorDMD, target decal, brassed apron, Las Vegas sign, Elvis mini video screen and a ton more. Can't wait till it's all back together and I'm rocking out again

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have this game. I think it's one of Steve Ritchie's most clever layouts. I love the upper playfield and the way the ball flies through like regular smooth ramps if you don't flip. I hate Elvis as a theme. I'm going to do a retheme on this game like Isis on my Rolling Stones to iron maiden project. Unfortunately for me, this time it'll need a software rewrite to retheme.

What's the new theme going to be?

#15 8 years ago

I always said this layout is awesome and if it was a different theme, it'd be a top 20 pin!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I always said this layout is awesome and if it was a different theme, it'd be a top 20 pin!

Well I def dig the theme. The king of rock and roll baby! My wife's family, the Lansky family, owned a men clothing store downtown and Elvis would shop there all the time. My wife's grandpa is the bald one:

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

What's the new theme going to be?

I haven't decided. Some ideas that I'm running in my head:

- You're a new band and you have to build your popularity by selling albums, getting played on radio, doing concerts, etc. This will allow the package to display mainly generic metal artwork and allow the user to drop in his own music and album art on an SD or copy them into a folder on disk. I'm considering dual displays. The backbox might be a large monitor that shows the now playing track and album cover while the "DMD" shows game stats.

- Second idea is similar but tries to involve some Elvis a bit. Perhaps the ghost of Elvis is haunting your new band or such. I haven't thought it through.

In any event, most the inserts will need to be carved off and an overlay made for the entire playfield to redo the artwork. The hotel can be rethemed so it's not heartbreak hotel. I think I'm going to write most the software before doing anything to the playfield. I have the p-roc here. The software will likely take me a year.

#18 8 years ago

Elvis is alive in my Gameroom! Played this game at Flipper Fidelity's open house party last year and loved it. So I bought 2 weeks later. Started as a standard and I turned it into a gold edition. Gold trim package(Thanks Mike Chestnut) includes legs, siderails, hinges, lockdown bar, apron and shooter assembly. Other mods include speaker lights and inserts, subwoofer, extra Elvis figure, working Las Vegas LED sign, gold pinblades, Titan rubber & sleeves, shaker motor and probably more I'm forgetting. Just a really fun game. Always a crowd favorite at parties!

ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(31)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(31)_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(28)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(28)_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(27)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(27)_(resized).JPG
006_(resized).JPG006_(resized).JPG
005_(resized).JPG005_(resized).JPG
003_(2)_(resized).JPG003_(2)_(resized).JPG
001_(resized).JPG001_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(19)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(19)_(resized).JPG
ELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(22)_(resized).JPGELVIS_CUSTOM_GOLD_(22)_(resized).JPG

#19 8 years ago

Yes! I love your Elvis and your pictures inspired me. Mike is doing everything for me in brass as well, including lollipop rails, both ramps, the apron and the coin door. He's almost done with the brass and I can't wait. I also put in a ColorDMD and put a mini video of Elvis videos on the playfield.

I have this shaker. I've been getting conflicting information about Elvis pins and shakers. Some say only the Elvis Gold has shaker code. I emailed Stern directly and they said Elvis has code for a shaker. The previous owner couldn't figure out where to install the shaker. I have a red tremor from Cointaker. Can you help?

#20 8 years ago

That is one nice looking elvis

#21 8 years ago

You can def install a shaker...holes in the bottom of the cab should be there and an aux plug too. Code is already set.

#22 8 years ago

Ok I'll check it out tonight. Thanks. I think he had a hard time finding the brown connector in the back of the cabinet.

#23 8 years ago

Love the brass treatment on this! I recently picked up a machine and its a blast to play.
Its one of those machines that should receive more love though.
MC did my Williams IJ and his brass treatment would be ideal for this.

#24 8 years ago

I habe a NOS clearcoated playfeild. 700 with free ship to 48 states.

1 week later
#25 8 years ago

You bet your ass I'm taking care of business!! Great looking Pingulp by Trilogybeer! Thanks!

#26 8 years ago

You made that yourself?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You made that yourself?

No sir,

PM Trilogybeer on here aka Doug

1 month later
#28 7 years ago

Hey Elvis fans, check out the speaker panel from Tilt Graphics:

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey Elvis fans, check out the speaker panel from Tilt Graphics:

Went to the website but didn't see it listed. Is this a new item?

#30 7 years ago

Yes sir, working on it now. Tweaking it. Any thoughts?

#31 7 years ago

Looks good!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yes sir, working on it now. Tweaking it. Any thoughts?

I think it looks great!

#33 7 years ago

Newer version looks even better

#34 7 years ago

This combo is a hunk of burning love!!!

#35 7 years ago

I'm joining.
I had a low play route game for about 4 years- sub kit and shaker are just icing on this one.
I upgraded to a HUO few years back. E would be the last to go of my collection.
I have been to Graceland twice on a three ball game but have never completed it.
Very underrated game and I wish someone would put full tracks on it.

Love the gold pops and lit rings on this one.
I have made a custom gloss black le style apron years ago and its still on my site if you all are interested.
I would recommend taking off the original jail house plastic install the smallest post rubbers you have between the bracket and mount.
This little trick will save your jail house plastic from air balls.

#36 7 years ago

Thanks Hooked.

I installed the new speaker panel decal and gameblades from Tilt:

#37 7 years ago

And now the brassing continues:

#38 7 years ago

My brassed apron def needs a badass emblem Hooked:

#39 7 years ago

Wow grinder that is over the top...loving the brass. The emblem I would go with the mic with the logo he dared to rock. Or maybe one of the record emblems / reproduction records with the gold accents. Come on color dmd.

#40 7 years ago

Beautiful...logo has to be TCB...has to!

#41 7 years ago

There is a tcb buckle out there its more of a nickle tone finish.

#42 7 years ago

I'm open to apron emblem ideas. Im loving the TCB buckle suggestion. I'm a deputy for Shelby County so that one is particularly appealing.

#43 7 years ago

Ok I'm trying to install a Cointaker shaker motor in my Elvis.

I just can't find this brown/gray female connector this gray male connector is supposed to connect to.

Can anyone help?

#44 7 years ago

It's in the back of the machine

#45 7 years ago

Like in the cabinet? I just don't see it

#46 7 years ago

Could someone who has connected one show me what it looks like and where I can find it?

#47 7 years ago

Slide out the pf and youll find it in the rt rear of the lower cab. Back and to the right of your speaker.

#48 7 years ago

Thanks man, I thought I looked but I'll do it again and take photos of the inner cabinet

#49 7 years ago

There is another tcb buckle out there with diamonds spelling out tcb. It has jagged edges.

#50 7 years ago

Its been years but I believe its brown with a white trace

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-king-is-in-the-building-elvis-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.