IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 89 days ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Color me skeptical but I'm not inclined to believe that unless I see it in writing. What are they going to do, litigate the owner for reselling the car? It's not like they're going to Troll DMV title records and charge it to the persons credit card.

I have heard if they find out somehow they will ban you from buying any more teslas. its around the tesla forums somewhere.

#1452 89 days ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Color me skeptical but I'm not inclined to believe that unless I see it in writing. What are they going to do, litigate the owner for reselling the car? It's not like they're going to Troll DMV title records and charge it to the persons credit card.

Maybe they simply hold the title even if you pay for the vehicle in cash? I know If I buy a vehicle from a private seller, I want title in hand, I lay down the pile of cash, seller signs the title, I give them the cash, they hand me the title and keys.
If the title has a Lein, I do the transfer at the DMV office to verify the Lein has been settled.

#1453 89 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

And how cold was it? And how old is the battery? and you parked it outside, no?

Very cold and not that old. Point is everyone knows the cold affects batteries. You have nothing new.

#1454 89 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have heard if they find out somehow they will ban you from buying any more teslas. its around the tesla forums somewhere.

I understand to an extent Ford doing with the GT and Porsche with 918, but doing it on a regular production car makes no sense. Is it the one edition only like Stern SLE?

#1455 89 days ago

I believe the “deal” is you have to give them a shot at it first. If they pass you can sell it.

But that doesn’t sound enforceable. How would they ever prove monetary damage?

#1456 88 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe they simply hold the title even if you pay for the vehicle in cash? I know If I buy a vehicle from a private seller, I want title in hand, I lay down the pile of cash, seller signs the title, I give them the cash, they hand me the title and keys.
If the title has a Lein, I do the transfer at the DMV office to verify the Lein has been settled.

https://fortune.com/2023/11/12/tesla-cybertruck-cant-be-resold-first-year-sans-permission-elon-musk-electric-vehicles/

This isn't new news. One thing to consider is unlike Ford or Chevy, a Tesla is a platform. When you sell a Tesla you need to transfer ownership in the Tesla app. So Tesla knows when you sell it, and can basically brick a car that isn't sold in a way they approve of. There was a big blowout on the internet a few years ago when a buyer paid for FSD tech, but when they sold it, Tesla didn't turn that feature on for the new buyer, and required them to buy the service themselves. This is kind of well known, if you sell your Tesla back to the dealership, they could "turn off" FSD in order to sell the car and FSD to the next owner (and FSD has no trade in value to Tesla). Owning a Tesla in many ways is a lot like paying monthly for a service, except there's a huge upfront cost.

#1457 88 days ago

Ha ha. Maybe I will just buy my next car from Adobe.

#1458 88 days ago

Yeah I think I’m going to pass on cybtetruck . Tesla
May have lost me when they sold me a model x for nearly 159 k only to reduce the price to 110 -115k 2-3 months later

#1459 88 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

May have lost me when they sold me a model x for nearly 159 k only to reduce the price to 110 -115k 2-3 months later

If it makes you feel any better, a similar thing happened to Musk's comp plan, lol.

#1460 88 days ago

I do not see how that is enforceable. I know this is supposed to combat price gouging, but what about people that run into financial difficulties or need cash for medical problems? People their sell expensive toys all the time, why is this any different?

#1461 88 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I do not see how that is enforceable. I know this is supposed to combat price gouging, but what about people that run into financial difficulties or need cash for medical problems? People their sell expensive toys all the time, why is this any different?

As mentioned above by Richthoften, Tesla will "brick" the vehicle. Good luck fighting them.
I repaired some pins for a guy who collects Ford GT's. He sold this one a week before I went to his mancave. He said he had to wait the two years before he could sell it. Ford had some kind of conditional lein on the title. Not a financial lein, because, well, like in the movie Scent of a Woman, "this isn't an installment item".

You can see the pins in the background. King Kool is on the left.

Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#1462 88 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

They probably have some way out if life happens like the manufacturer buying back the car at cost and not inflated value. This sort of thing has been done before like MrBally noted. Ferrari has done it a lot as well.

I actually like the idea. Dealers should not charge over msrp and consumers should not buy just to flip. Keep it fair until manufacturing can have a chance to catch up with demand.

#1463 88 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

OUCH !!!

#1464 83 days ago

Sounds like Cybertruck has the goods when it comes to offroading:

“This truck is so capable at doing so many things exceptionally well,” Schaffer said in a message to Teslarati. “I don’t know many vehicles that can turn a 2:15 at Buttonwillow in Baja mode, then daily drive the kids to school, then go to King of Hammers all with the same hardware and state of tune. All in the same week.”

Unplugged Performance plans to share additional photos and video footage from the event, and this story will be updated to include the YouTube video upon its release.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-broken-bolt/

#1465 79 days ago

Okay, this looks amazing!

(https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-crazy-snow-track-mod-heavydsparks/)

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png

#1466 79 days ago

The Cybertrash brings new inovations...

IMG_2898 (resized).JPGIMG_2898 (resized).JPGIMG_2900 (resized).JPGIMG_2900 (resized).JPG
#1467 79 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

They sell the top trim Plaid for $91k today.

Oh, that includes “probable savings” ROFLMAO. That company just oozes non stop bullshit and people lap it up. It’s just so bizarre.

IMG_4268 (resized).jpegIMG_4268 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1468 72 days ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Oh, that includes “probable savings” ROFLMAO. That company just oozes non stop bullshit and people lap it up. It’s just so bizarre.

Its not really surprising. The CEO of Tesla is the world's biggest bullshitter and stock pumper.

However this strategy of "probable savings" is just obfuscation. Its so easy on big ticket items paid for on debt. Total number stops becoming relevant and monthly payment becomes more important.

#1469 72 days ago

I just saw the truck in person for the first time at the Chicago Auto Show and it was better looking in person than I thought it would be. Curious what current/future owners of the truck think of the claims of rust spots forming on some of the trucks?

https://electrek.co/2024/02/15/tesla-cybertrucks-already-rusting/

#1470 72 days ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I just saw the truck in person for the first time at the Chicago Auto Show and it was better looking in person than I thought it would be. Curious what current/future owners of the truck think of the claims of rust spots forming on some of the trucks?

I think maintaining the stainless steel will be a nightmare. Either get it wrapped, or just let it go and love the "ruggedly imperfect" look.

#1471 70 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The Cybertrash brings new inovations...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Which one would I want? Hmm....this is really hard.

#1472 70 days ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

First the "bulletproof glass" isn't bulletproof, and now the Stainless steel is rusting!

#1473 70 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

First the "bulletproof glass" isn't bulletproof, and now the Stainless steel is rusting!

The musketeers are all over on x/twitter explaining everything per the script they were given. Examples follow.....

Stainless steel means it "stains less", but it still can stain. Just like kitchen sinks, mine is 27 years old and still no rust. Some CyberTrucks are showing rust in a "within spec" 11 days since delivery. Break out the Bar Keepers Friend and a sponge to easily clean. It's covered in the owners manual.
Also, an eleven year old Chinese-made fridge in the outdoor kitchen is still rust-free in Vegas. When it starts to rust, I'll have the Bon-Ami or Bar Keepers Friend and a scouring pad handy.

As for the glass issue on reveal day, well, er, umm, hmm.... Maybe the heavy ball he tossed at the glass had a porosity pocket on the surface causing a tiny burr to strike the glass fracturing it. Porosity pockets, just like the ones in select suspension component that cause them to crack like a pretzel.

4027_32 (resized).jpg4027_32 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1474 63 days ago

Interesting video and article on “wade mode”. I haven’t heard of it till now.

https://insideevs.com/news/709616/tesla-cybertruck-water-wade-mode-test-video-damage/amp/

#1475 61 days ago

Anyone get one yet and anyone transport a pinball machine ? Is it really a truck or a hatch back? It looks really low to the ground like a normal car.

#1476 61 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Anyone get one yet and anyone transport a pinball machine ? Is it really a truck or a hatch back? It looks really low to the ground like a normal car.

I don’t personally know anyone who has received one.

I think it’s got pretty good ground clearance. I’m concerned that the bed won’t take a pin covered. I’m sure it will uncovered.

Also, some uncharacteristically good Tesla range news:

https://www.teslarati.com/edmunds-fixes-tesla-cybertruck-range-report-community-note/amp/

#1477 61 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don’t personally know anyone who has received one.
I think it’s got pretty good ground clearance. I’m concerned that the bed won’t take a pin covered. I’m sure it will uncovered.
Also, some uncharacteristically good Tesla range news:
https://www.teslarati.com/edmunds-fixes-tesla-cybertruck-range-report-community-note/amp/

Keep debating if I should sell the Hummer and get this instead. Tesla does have good network and tech.

#1478 61 days ago

Pretty soon most manufacturers will be using supercharges. Ford, MB and one other very soon, "spring" but everyone else will follow.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Keep debating if I should sell the Hummer and get this instead. Tesla does have good network and tech.

#1479 61 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

By network, do you mean parts distribution, Service centers, or charging or a combination?

#1480 61 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

IMO, just have fun with the Hummer. How long have you had it?

#1481 61 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Pretty soon most manufacturers will be using supercharges. Ford, MB and one other very soon, "spring" but everyone else will follow.

I tried a Tesla supercharger yesterday with my BMW. It worked without problems.

IMG_4346 (resized).jpegIMG_4346 (resized).jpeg
#1482 61 days ago

Was in Japan last week and spotted it. I have to admit.... it is pretty badass.

IMG_1985 (resized).jpegIMG_1985 (resized).jpegIMG_1986 (resized).jpegIMG_1986 (resized).jpeg
#1483 61 days ago

Those are the tiniest rope stands I have seen.

1 week later
#1485 51 days ago

Heh, guess it is handgun proof.

#1487 49 days ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Heh, guess it is handgun proof.

I watched that video and that dude has no charisma. Let's say I didn't subscribe and have any need to watch any other of his videos.

1 week later
#1488 38 days ago

A white wrapped one was in Plymouth, Michigan today. Texas registration..

IMG_1905 (resized).jpgIMG_1905 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1489 31 days ago

Anybody here want a CyberHammer? If we can work out a price, I'll use my referral credits and grab you one.

2 weeks later
#1490 17 days ago

Well, I can confirm a few things:

Cybertruck is not vaporware.

Cybertruck is ugly

Cybertruck is awesome.

IMG_3066 (resized).jpegIMG_3066 (resized).jpeg
#1491 17 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Well, I can confirm a few things:
Cybertruck is not vaporware.
Cybertruck is ugly
Cybertruck is awesome.
[quoted image]

Absolutely fantastic...I'm jealous! You are the king!

1 week later
#1492 10 days ago

After one week of owning the cybertruck, I can say I officially love it. Drives fast and smooth like a Tesla. Corners and parks like a sedan (I know thats hard to believe but the rear wheel steering is awesome). They still owe me a lot of features like autopilot and rain sensing wiper, etc but it’s a great vehicle so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queensbury, NY
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.