Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,405 posts
  • 157 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by retroware99
  • Topic is favorited by 242 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2659 (resized).jpeg
    File Content DE Audio FLAC (resized).JPG
    MM backbox (resized).jpg
    IMG_0831 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0829 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-21 190411 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpeg
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS02 (resized).png
    ARCADE UPKEEP Dual Voltage PS03 (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    screenshot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_8354 (resized).png
    IMG_8353 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Overview of Pinsound and what is needed to install and set up. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (7 years ago)

Post #137 Examples of event and the instrumental related to it. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (5 years ago)

Post #182 Pinsound + Board showing adjustments. Posted by pinballjah (4 years ago)

Post #246 Shaker Control Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #247 How to edit shaker routines. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (4 years ago)

Post #263 Determining which Pinsound you have. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #267 USB drives that are compatible. Posted by pinballinreno (3 years ago)

Post #469 Normalizing sound files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Post #489 Best to convert OGG files to WAV files. Posted by Mr_Tantrum (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spunky1562.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1046 2 years ago

I am working on a custom pinsound mix for Batman Forever. What do you guys do for the random sounds and effects? Pew pew!

Also, I’m having a hard time with pinball specific call outs. I’ve actually pulled words from other movies and pieced audio together for a few, but it is very tedious finding syllables to piece together.

Lastly. Many of the sound folders are mislabeled with callouts. So would the folder description need to change or the audio file? What would the correct one be? Example. Folder labeled: jackpot but plays “how bout we play again” instead of jackpot. The “how bout we play again” folder would usually have the “jackpot” audio but not always.

#1048 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Leave the folder names alone. The game rom needs to know where to look.

Yes, I know the folder name addresses need to stay the same (the number part) but the actual description can be changed. Which would be correct; the audio file or the descriptor?

1 year later
    #1355 69 days ago

I’ve spent 10-15 hours on rearranging and correcting mislabeled sounds and callouts for Batman Forever. The “Original” sound pack does not line up with the actual game being played.

I have corrected some of the most glaring issues with the pack but I’m now stumped.

I setup Pinsound Studio Plus to record my games and I have been testing various switches to find the actual sounds by comparing them to you tube videos to see what should be played. During “Too Many Questions” mode, whenever you hit the ? targets, it should play “Riddle me this!” However, the pinsound is not calling or recording or playing any sounds for the switch hits. So in the playback recording, it’s as if no switches are hit so I can’t even assign the correct call out. This happens in the crime spree mode too, where all switches should make a fallout for punching sfx but I get nothing.

Any ideas? Thank you!

#1359 68 days ago

The audio file is there in its folder, but the pinsound isn’t calling for a sound. I can push the switches 5 times, but there are no “events” happening in the pinsound recording file. The pinsound doesn’t know there is a switch being pressed there.

The CPU is asking the pinsound for a file, but the pinsound board doesn’t know the CPU is asking for a sound so it neither registers in the log nor plays anything. So the actual sound file has been extracted (I’ve updated it with the movie sound) but maybe the CPU is calling for a different “folder address” that doesn’t exist in the pinsound pack so pinsound just doesn’t respond? I think that’s what you are saying?

I have sent an email direct and agree they should be responding in their forum for us to help everyone. I think it’s horrible to list the pinsound as compatible with a game but it actually doesn’t fully work. I’m happy to share as I think it betters the hobby but I can’t share what doesn’t exist.

#1361 68 days ago

Yes. The original sound board plays this callout, but the pinsound doesn’t even acknowledge a sound callout is wanted. It doesn’t intercept anything in those modes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spunky1562.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound?tu=spunky1562 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.