IMG_6794 (resized).jpeg
tk_lock_pro (resized).jpg
JPEG-Bild-4E18-AC6B-0D-0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,457 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 450.
#22351 17 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It also makes it hard to shoot into the demigorgon's mouth. You hit the shot a lot more on a pro and with the shaker motor installed you get a similar effect on the pro as you do the premium.

I've found I nail the demigorgon more when it's shaking. Might be the way my game is set up.

#22352 17 days ago

I’m in Canada and my decal from Banana Joe only took a couple of weeks to arrive (not bad at all from Europe to BC). Can’t wait to get it installed, looks great!

#22353 17 days ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've found I nail the demigorgon more when it's shaking. Might be the way my game is set up.

This is what I've heard too, that the vibrating Demogorgon is easier to make the mouth shot compared to the static Pro.

#22354 17 days ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I’m in Canada and my decal from Banana Joe only took a couple of weeks to arrive (not bad at all from Europe to BC). Can’t wait to get it installed, looks great!

I cleaned with alcohol first, was amazed how dirty it was with under 200 plays. I cut off about 1" of the backing so I could get it oriented straight, used a credit card and still got a few air bubbles, which I got smoothed out. Great mod, very fairly priced.

#22355 17 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

This is what I've heard too, that the vibrating Demogorgon is easier to make the mouth shot compared to the static Pro.

I feel like it’s pretty easy on my pro after removing the spacers and maybe relieving the tension on the wires a couple times. Casuals make it often, from a catch it’s pretty much a sure thing unless you miss, and can be made via the inlanes on the fly.

#22356 17 days ago

I'm actually out of ramp decals, guys. But you can drop me a PM for the next small run...

Thanks for all of your feedback!

#22357 17 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

What? Lol..Pro much easier to hit the mouth. Do it constantly. Almost to easy on mine.

#22358 17 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What? Lol..Pro much easier to hit the mouth. Do it constantly. Almost to easy on mine.

My information is old and based on hearsay so it may indeed be incorrect.

#22359 16 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Funny... premium here and I cradle and never miss a shot. Premium is no harder to hit on than a pro

#22360 16 days ago

Novice players regularly sink that shot on my pro. It is not meant to be a hard shot. If you can't make it then you need to adjust it or tell the operator to adjust it by removing the black spacers and the chin spacer

#22361 16 days ago
Quoted from Banana-Joe:

I'm actually out of ramp decals, guys. But you can drop me a PM for the next small run...
Thanks for all of your feedback!

Ah! A modder who makes a decal for the Demo ramp! I was thinking a decal there might be cool. I also wondered why I hadn't seen them offered in the Pinside Shops, but apparently at least one is offered and I missed it. I don't really know what the best "approach" is to a decal for this ramp. Banana-Joe has chosen the "blend-in" approach, creating an extension of the playfield art. I'm not knocking what BJ done. I assume he worked hard on it. I'm just saying I don't know if it makes the most sense to make the ramp blend in with the playfield, as the ramp sits in a separate plane. Just a thought. Again, I'm not throwing shade. I'm just thinking out loud. I apologize if that came off as "troll'y."

#22362 16 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I disconnected that particular coil on my game - only because of the racket. I mean, sure, I realize that there are plenty of other sources of racket in a pinball during gameplay, but that particular commotion got annoying, so I had to stop it. I was a little embarrassed when playing the game while other people were in the room. Every time the Demo would emerge, the game would energize a coil a few dozen times in the span of three seconds, causing a huge racket. Maybe I'm too old for pinball but that was just too much.

#22363 16 days ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I cradle and never miss a shot.

Impressive. I can't make that claim about *any* shot, let alone the Demo's mouth. Again: old.

#22364 16 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Ah! A modder who makes a decal for the Demo ramp! I was thinking a decal there might be cool. I also wondered why I hadn't seen them offered in the Pinside Shops, but apparently at least one is offered and I missed it. I don't really know what the best "approach" is to a decal for this ramp. Banana-Joe has chosen the "blend-in" approach, creating an extension of the playfield art. I'm not knocking what BJ done. I assume he worked hard on it. I'm just saying I don't know if it makes the most sense to make the ramp blend in with the playfield, as the ramp sits in a separate plane. Just a thought. Again, I'm not throwing shade. I'm just thinking out loud. I apologize if that came off as "troll'y."

Tilt Graphics also makes a pack of ramp decals if you don't like the blending
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

#22365 16 days ago

Did you disconnect the annoyingly loud fan as well?

#22366 16 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

Those look cool but seem to be less of an aiming aid as the Banana-Joe one.

#22367 16 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I actually bought these when nothing else was available - but never fitted them as I realised I didn’t really like the images , the trees one prob the best but the others just seemed a bit random.

Banana Joe decal ties in beautifully with the artwork and looks like it could have been factory.

#22368 15 days ago

Anyone know where I can get that big figure in the back left and the decal for the ramp? Thanks!

IMG_3761 (resized).jpegIMG_3761 (resized).jpegIMG_3762 (resized).pngIMG_3762 (resized).png
#22369 15 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Anyone know where I can get that big figure in the back left and the decal for the ramp? Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The decal is one of these isn’t it ?

#22370 15 days ago

Yep, that’s it! Thank you.

Also, I have new in box Stern side armor available for sale. Just north Baltimore, Maryland. PM if interested. Thanks!

IMG_3764 (resized).jpegIMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
#22371 15 days ago

I’ve been trying to bend the ball guide in the shooter lane for quite some time. I think I finally got it now so it will hit the very last target. Unfortunately it’ll now bounce up off that target into the scoop up top. Going to take it off tomorrow and try bending it some more. Pretty frustrating so far.

#22373 12 days ago

Got new side armor rails from mussinger at CabCustom. Much better in my opinion than the Stern ones. Check them out for custom pinball parts.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpegIMG_8621 (resized).jpegIMG_8621 (resized).jpegIMG_8622 (resized).jpegIMG_8622 (resized).jpegIMG_8623 (resized).jpegIMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
#22374 12 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

If you get a premium uv kit you pay the same price but get a metal apron.

Got the kit with the metal apron installed. The only issue is insider connected is in a different spot. Has anyone made a card for this? I cut a hole for the scanner in the pro card but it’s not great.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#22375 11 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Got the kit with the metal apron installed. The only issue is insider connected is in a different spot. Has anyone made a card for this? I cut a hole for the scanner in the pro card but it’s not great. [quoted image]

There's one here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/272#post-6714760

#22377 11 days ago

TK Lock Actuator-Angle Confusion:

I’m getting lots of lock rejections if two balls are already locked, so I finally read Stern’s adjustment guide. It prescribes a 2” distance from the top edge of the rod to the ramp floor.
That distance on my machine is 1.5”.
The guide says “…pull it up to achieve the proper angle.” I can’t imagine it’s advisable to bend the rod’s bracket to the that degree.
Do all of you have a full two inches there?
I have adjusted the rod’s distance to the magnet cover by moving the solenoid assembly a little, but the height adjustment is more crude and I don’t want to go back and forth with the adjustment when it involves bending things.

** Update **

No fewer rejections after bringing the rod into spec - with the exception of its height off the ramp floor. Easily ten straight rejections on clean shots. The ball goes up the ramp, smacks into the lower-hanging locked ball and, rather than stick, is reflected back down the ramp.
Definitely not adjusted tight.

IMG_3330 (resized).jpegIMG_3330 (resized).jpegIMG_3331 (resized).pngIMG_3331 (resized).png

#22378 11 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

...and they will not fit the new ramps as they have six rivets instead of four...

#22379 11 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Got the kit with the metal apron installed. The only issue is insider connected is in a different spot. Has anyone made a card for this? I cut a hole for the scanner in the pro card but it’s not great. [quoted image]

I got one from Custom Pinball in France and like it very much.

JPEG-Bild-4E18-AC6B-0D-0 (resized).jpegJPEG-Bild-4E18-AC6B-0D-0 (resized).jpeg
#22380 11 days ago
Quoted from henning:

...and they will not fit the new ramps as they have six rivets instead of four...

He makes the decal for all versions of the ramp. He’ll ask which one you need when ordering.

#22381 11 days ago

Anyone get their premium UV kit from cointaker recently? Ive been waiting forever…

#22382 11 days ago

I got mine from Gameroom Goodies. Ordered 4/11, received 4/16 for $299 shipped. Top notch distributor, I would definitely do business with them again.

#22383 11 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone get their premium UV kit from cointaker recently? Ive been waiting forever…

It’s in stock several places. Just order one and cancel your CT order.

I actually have an extra one NIB if you can’t find one. Will sell at cost.

#22384 11 days ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Stern has made some changes on the ramp design during the last production run. There are three ramp designs in total:

1. Short Ramp (Very first production run in 2019, mostly on the PRO's)
2. Casual Ramp (First Run LE in 2019, PRO and PREM models until 2022)
3. 6 Rivets Ramp (New production run in Dec 2023)

I have a contour for all of these ramp designs...

#22385 11 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nope. I'm cancelling my order with them.

Chris

#22386 10 days ago
Quoted from Banana-Joe:

Stern has made some changes on the ramp design during the last production run. There are three ramp designs in total:
1. Short Ramp (Very first production run in 2019, mostly on the PRO's)
2. Casual Ramp (First Run LE in 2019, PRO and PREM models until 2022)
3. 6 Rivets Ramp (New production run in Dec 2023)
I have a contour for all of these ramp designs...

Thanks for the explanation. If I ever do get a Stranger Things I'll be sure to pick one up - definitely looks much better than bare metal

#22387 10 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

They got a shipment of them from Stern but most did not get one. I didn't think they would get any more any time soon so I cancelled my order. They said that it was ok to cancel although I have not actually gotten my refund yet after a week.

#22388 10 days ago

Here a small new mod for all the Pro versions out there. It simulates a bit the TK lock (well actually only the three balls on the back wall )

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6585890

tk_lock_pro (resized).jpgtk_lock_pro (resized).jpg
#22389 10 days ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Here a small new mod for all the Pro versions out there. It simulates a bit the TK lock (well actually only the three balls on the back wall )
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6585890[quoted image]

Why not just use real pinballs?

#22390 10 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Why not just use real pinballs?

Because they are much heavier than some plastic ones. These plastic balls can be attached with double sided adhesive tape.

#22391 9 days ago
Quoted from fuzzel:

Because they are much heavier than some plastic ones. These plastic balls can be attached with double sided adhesive tape.

Just put a permanent magnet back there (like the Premium has) and use real balls. Easy-peasy.

#22392 9 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

TK Lock Actuator-Angle Confusion:
I’m getting lots of lock rejections if two balls are already locked, so I finally read Stern’s adjustment guide. It prescribes a 2” distance from the top edge of the rod to the ramp floor.
That distance on my machine is 1.5”.
The guide says “…pull it up to achieve the proper angle.” I can’t imagine it’s advisable to bend the rod’s bracket to the that degree.
Do all of you have a full two inches there?
I have adjusted the rod’s distance to the magnet cover by moving the solenoid assembly a little, but the height adjustment is more crude and I don’t want to go back and forth with the adjustment when it involves bending things.
** Update **
No fewer rejections after bringing the rod into spec - with the exception of its height off the ramp floor. Easily ten straight rejections on clean shots. The ball goes up the ramp, smacks into the lower-hanging locked ball and, rather than stick, is reflected back down the ramp.
Definitely not adjusted tight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My advice is stop f@#king with it and set 3rd ball lock to up post. The pay off of looking at 3 balls on the backboard for 3 seconds before multiball isn't worth it imo. Unless it's really pissing you off, then of course go for it. Some guys on the jaws thread are having ball register issues after stuffing around with their spinning reels. Sometimes best to leave as is. Again jmo, it's your game.

#22393 9 days ago

It's really not that hard to get to work properly, after bending my tab over, it makes the triangle 99% of the time, if it's a solid ramp shot. But really, it's not a big feature in the game to me. Except you can steal a ball during other multiballs if you have one hung there.

#22394 9 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's really not that hard to get to work properly, after bending my tab over, it makes the triangle 99% of the time, if it's a solid ramp shot. But really, it's not a big feature in the game to me. Except you can steal a ball during other multiballs if you have one hung there.

It doesn’t have to be physically hanging there. Swipe-a-ball works with virtual ball locks too.

#22395 9 days ago

Didn't know that. Talked to a guy with a pro and he said it didn't have it.

#22396 9 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Didn't know that. Talked to a guy with a pro and he said it didn't have it.

Yeah it’s still only available on the premium code. Which you can install on a pro & set the locks to virtual…but I guess you lose out some of the LCD video content that way.

#22397 7 days ago

My new run premium has had tk lock dialed in from day one. Suddenly today it keeps rejecting the 3rd ball. Only the 3rd ball.

Any specific info on that and not tk lock in general?

#22398 7 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My new run premium has had tk lock dialed in from day one. Suddenly today it keeps rejecting the 3rd ball. Only the 3rd ball.
Any specific info on that and not tk lock in general?

Cleaning and then waxing my playfield drastically improved TK lock performance for me. Might be worth a shot before going down that dreaded road of changing all the diff settings.

#22399 7 days ago
Quoted from stompeN:

Cleaning and then waxing my playfield drastically improved TK lock performance for me. Might be worth a shot before going down that dreaded road of changing all the diff settings.

Yea i waxed not too many plays ago

#22400 7 days ago

For anybody that is having trouble with the up post feed going right to the slings……

I stuffed a piece of thick foam with sticky backing behind the ball guide where the up post feeds. It cushions the blow a bit now and the ball rides the rail. I am getting perfect feeds now and no longer getting that bounce off into the slings. Made this game much more enjoyable. I have no idea where I got the black foam. It was just sitting around in a roll in my garage.

IMG_6794 (resized).jpegIMG_6794 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,457 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 450.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/448 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.