IMG_3641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,139 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 143.
#6951 17 days ago

I typically put carbon balls in any game with magnets but I forgot this time around. I will install carbons tomorrow and report back. But, generally yes.. you want carbon in any game involving magnets

Quoted from SirSmokesAlotta:

Is it worth purchasing carbon balls for since it has a magnet? Are there any cons to carbon balls vs what the game ships with? Was looking at an ad for balls on here last night and was wondering if they are worth the purchase or not.

#6952 17 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well…I just replaced the trough optos. Wouldn’t the game have more odd behavior if there was an opto locked constantly? I only have a prob when three balls are locked in two places. Game functions perfectly otherwise.
Edit…
How much you want to bet that CGC did not ship this game with carbon balls and they are now magnetized and getting held up in the trough?

This should be good.

If you thought it was as simple as magnetised balls, well....

SecondGuessingLloydPunkin

#6953 17 days ago

I’ve had similar issues in multiple games that were due to magnetized balls. It’s worth checking. I’ve checked everything else.

Quoted from punkin:

This should be good.
If you thought it was as simple as magnetised balls, well....
SecondGuessingLloydPunkin

#6954 17 days ago

Ain't that what Han Solo had when he got frozen?

#6955 17 days ago

Ok, so still getting trough pos 1 R error message and @too many balls in game” But I just replaced both trough boards.

IMG_1594 (resized).jpegIMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
#6956 17 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, so still getting trough pos 1 R error message and @too many balls in game” But I just replaced both trough boards.[quoted image]

I'd check the J1 connector and see if its wired correctly. Page 3-48 in the manual.

#6957 17 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve had similar issues in multiple games that were due to magnetized balls. It’s worth checking. I’ve checked everything else.

except the test Lloyd told you to

Why not just stage the balls in that configuration and then immediately go into switch test to see what the game tells you the states are?

#6958 17 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

except the test Lloyd told you to
Why not just stage the balls in that configuration and then immediately go into switch test to see what the game tells you the states are?

Process of elimination: eliminate the unlikely situations first, then it gets easier to troubleshoot

#6959 16 days ago

Looking like bad resistor on the pawn shop pcb. There are two position 1R’s one in the main trough (which I just replaced) and one on pawn shop board.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Process of elimination: eliminate the unlikely situations first, then it gets easier to troubleshoot

#6960 16 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I typically put carbon balls in any game with magnets but I forgot this time around. I will install carbons tomorrow and report back. But, generally yes.. you want carbon in any game involving magnets

Thanks! This will be my first and only machine unless they ever release a gremlins themed one. Would have to give that one some consideration if it ever came to be. It almost feels overwhelming given the potential for things to go wrong but the peeps here seem more than helpful so hoping for the best.

#6961 15 days ago

* solved. they sent me faulty boards to replace my faulty boards apparently

Ok, ran device test on all troughs. In the main trough (which I just replaced with new parts) I see “popper” locked on when no balls are in the trough. Is that supposed to be normally closed? All of the other troughs are normal and reads balls with no issue and nothing locked on.

IMG_1608 (resized).jpegIMG_1608 (resized).jpeg

#6962 15 days ago

Looking to buy, saw pinballphil has 2 se units listed and is semi local to me, one is a sample demo, I reached out but didn't get a reply. Maybe he has me on ignore lol but if anyone here has contact with him maybe ask him to get back to me about his for sale ads

#6963 15 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Looking to buy, saw pinballphil has 2 se units listed and is semi local to me, one is a sample demo, I reached out but didn't get a reply. Maybe he has me on ignore lol but if anyone here has contact with him maybe ask him to get back to me about his for sale ads

Try to upvote one of his posts. You won't be allowed if you are on ignore.

#6964 14 days ago

Fingers crossed that my SE will ship this week and hoping that I don’t have any issues that are difficult to pinpoint!

#6965 13 days ago

You should be fine, mine is the only issue I’ve seen come up. Apparently they had a shipment of faulty trough boards and I happened to get one in my game and another bad one shipped to me. I’ve been told they will be testing them before sending any more out.

Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Fingers crossed that my SE will ship this week and hoping that I don’t have any issues that are difficult to pinpoint!

#6966 13 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You should be fine, mine is the only issue I’ve seen come up. Apparently they had a shipment of faulty trough boards and I happened to get one in my game and another bad one shipped to me. I’ve been told they will be testing them before sending any more out.

On the FB PF group I've seen a few people with chipping going on near the VUK and drop targets. I'm not a perfectionist by this is pretty early for that sort of damage.

#6967 13 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

On the FB PF group I've seen a few people with chipping going on near the VUK and drop targets. I'm not a perfectionist by this is pretty early for that sort of damage.

I have mylar all around the pawn shop scoop, the ball is chipping some of the clear. I just dont want the art to pop off back there.

#6968 13 days ago

Does anyone know if Cliffy has been contacted for playfield protection? Not sure if he has had access to any pins to get measurements for the Pulp playfield.

#6969 13 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sounds like the communication and turnaround time on replacement parts is top notch. Good to hear!

#6970 13 days ago

I mean…it would have been much better if they didn’t send me faulty trough boards with the game and then sent me bad ones as a replacement… I’m a bit irritated as the game has been sitting unplayable at my location for weeks… but it’s not the end of the world.

Quoted from dq13:

Sounds like the communication and turnaround time on replacement parts is top notch. Good to hear!

#6971 13 days ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Does anyone know if Cliffy has been contacted for playfield protection? Not sure if he has had access to any pins to get measurements for the Pulp playfield.

just sent him an email , I'll let everyone know...

#6972 13 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

got a link to that post?

I've got some chipping on the pop up out of the briefcase boogie lock and what looked like some that was starting on the shooter lane. I've mylared both but want to be ahead of the game on other issues.

#6973 12 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got a link to that post?
I've got some chipping on the pop up out of the briefcase boogie lock and what looked like some that was starting on the shooter lane. I've mylared both but want to be ahead of the game on other issues.

Same for me ....
I had a playfield protector installed but it did not cover shooterlane and VUK areas.
So cracking on this. Support asked me to have an eye on it and just play the machine. So yesterday I removed the playfield protector and will see what the clear makes.

IMG_2913 (resized).jpgIMG_2913 (resized).jpgIMG_2914 (resized).jpgIMG_2914 (resized).jpgIMG_2915 (resized).jpgIMG_2915 (resized).jpg
#6974 12 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I mean…it would have been much better if they didn’t send me faulty trough boards with the game and then sent me bad ones as a replacement…

They test them before shipping. They don't send out bad ones. Something happened from them to you along the way in shipping.

LTG : )

#6975 12 days ago

They told me in an email that they sent me bad ones by accident, im not just making stuff up

Quoted from LTG:

They test them before shipping. They don't send out bad ones. Something happened from them to you along the way in shipping.
LTG : )

IMG_1623 (resized).jpegIMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
#6976 12 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They told me in an email that they sent me bad ones by accident, im not just making stuff up
[quoted image]

around which game number are you? I haven't had any issues with my trough board (my game is in the 1160's) but wondering where-about the bad batch was in the game assembly.

#6977 12 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

around which game number are you? I haven't had any issues with my trough board (my game is in the 1160's) but wondering where-about the bad batch was in the game assembly.

1326 here, with a bad trough board

#6978 12 days ago
Quoted from UCallEyeHaul:

1326 here, with a bad trough board

Thanks. They've really upped their production speed. My game (1164) was built less than a month ago (3/19). Great news for those waiting on games.

#6979 12 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks. They've really upped their production speed. My game (1164) was built less than a month ago (3/19). Great news for those waiting on games.

For those watching data points, mine was built 4/4. Got it from Kingpin, who has been fantastic to deal with. Couldn’t ask for better service. He might have stock units if anybody is looking.

#6980 12 days ago

This is cute, I was promised that working boards would be shipped to me immediately on Monday and then I get this email on Tuesday after requesting a tracking number. Also…there was no attached “warranty form” in the email and isn’t the ticket that I submitted w/ my serial number enough? This game has been dead longer than it’s been alive at this point. You would think that they would want to keep a location game up and running since a dead one ain’t gonna prompt someone to buy. Anyway …My irritation is peaking.
IMG_1626 (resized).jpegIMG_1626 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1623 (resized).jpegIMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
#6981 12 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

got a link to that post?

This picture isn't mine. If you want to see the post it's on the Facebook group "Pulp Fiction Pinball Owners and Enthusiast"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/587563033080467/

PF Damage (not mine) (resized).jpgPF Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
#6982 12 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is cute, I was promised that working boards would be shipped to me immediately on Monday and then I get this email on Tuesday after requesting a tracking number. Also…there was no attached “warranty form” in the email and isn’t the ticket that I submitted w/ my serial number enough? This game has been dead longer than it’s been alive at this point. You would think that they would want to keep a location game up and running since a dead one ain’t gonna prompt someone to buy. Anyway …My irritation is peaking.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

CGC always pushes you to 'register' your game to get support. Thought it was on the web before.. but been awhile. Sounds like they are just pushing that requirement on you after the fact vs step 1.

#6983 12 days ago

Hmmm, Id like get the f’n thing to work properly first lmao. They could have at least stuck to their word OR actually attached the necessary form for me to fill out. They didn’t withhold hold warranty parts the first time they sent the bad boards why is anything different now?

Quoted from flynnibus:

CGC always pushes you to 'register' your game to get support. Thought it was on the web before.. but been awhile. Sounds like they are just pushing that requirement on you after the fact vs step 1.

#6984 12 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

This picture isn't mine. If you want to see the post it's on the Facebook group "Pulp Fiction Pinball Owners and Enthusiast"
[quoted image]

Dang, I have 30 year old pins that don't look that bad... sorry to see this, should NIB buyers start to worry about these (and other) reported issues?

#6985 12 days ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Dang, I have 30 year old pins that don't look that bad... sorry to see this, should NIB buyers start to worry about these (and other) reported issues?

No issues here and no PF wear based on a quick overview I did this morning. I replaced the balls and waxed it before playing. Probably near 200 plays.

#6986 12 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

No issues here and no PF wear based on a quick overview I did this morning. I replaced the balls and waxed it before playing. Probably near 200 plays.

I'm hoping this is a pretty isolated incident. Still waiting to hear when mine will ship. Was originally supposed to be last week.

#6987 12 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

[quoted image]

The wear below the drops is definitely confusing. Is that wear? Or a reflection of a wrinkle or air pocket? That looks like factory Mylar there with wear below it. My CCr has very good factory Mylar installation around the drops with no wear and well over 1k plays. I guess it could've came unprotected with the owner installing Mylar there after the damage but that would surprise me.

#6988 12 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

The wear below the drops is definitely confusing. Is that wear? Or a reflection of a wrinkle or air pocket? That looks like factory Mylar there with wear below it. My CCr has very good factory Mylar installation around the drops with no wear and well over 1k plays. I guess it could've came unprotected with the owner installing Mylar there after the damage but that would surprise me.

If I understood the original poster's comments correctly, he stated that particular damage was under the factory mylar and that it arrived new in box looking like that. The damage at the vuk was after and he mylared it himself. Here's a second image he posted of the drop damage.
Drop Damage (not mine) (resized).jpgDrop Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
I'll also say again, this isn't mine at all. For all I know this is all made up, but I believe I saw others on one of the FB groups complaining about this area.

#6989 12 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

If I understood the original poster's comments correctly, he stated that particular damage was under the factory mylar and that it arrived new in box looking like that. The damage at the vuk was after and he mylared it himself. Here's a second image he posted of the drop damage.
[quoted image]
I'll also say again, this isn't mine at all. For all I know this is all made up, but I believe I saw others on one of the FB groups complaining about this area.

Gotcha, thanks for clarification on that drop. I'm thinking that one never shoulda left the factory. If it was chipping either before they installed the Mylar at the factory, yet someone said wtf nobody will notice or better yet, it's chipping right through the Mylar. Yeah, that poor playfield never had a chance.

#6990 12 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I believe I saw others on one of the FB groups complaining about this area.

I saw a pic in the same group of chipping under a star post. The felt more alarming.

#6991 12 days ago

GnR, here we go again.

#6992 12 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

[quoted image]

The damage at the VUK on that one looks very similar to mine. You can see where the factory mylar stopped. I'm not seeing damage at the drops or anywhere else yet.

20240409_134125 (resized).jpg20240409_134125 (resized).jpg
#6993 11 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

GnR, here we go again.

Might be time to go full grandma sofa and order my first playfield protector…

#6994 11 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Might be time to go full grandma sofa and order my first playfield protector…

Someone just cut theirs off because it didn't do shit.

#6995 11 days ago

Is it just me or do you really have to kneel down w the drops down to even see that area that is damaged?

#6996 11 days ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is it just me or do you really have to kneel down w the drops down to even see that area that is damaged?

What difference does that make?

ItAin'tGettingBetterPunkin

#6997 11 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

What difference does that make?
ItAin'tGettingBetterPunkin

Well if you cant see it does it really matter?

#6998 11 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Someone just cut theirs off because it didn't do shit.

That was me, but the playfieldprotector did what he should do. Too bad that it does not cover the shooterlane and the area around VUK .... guess were my clearcoat is chipping
So you should also use a shooterlane protector.
Second point, the playfield is still gassing out, so the protector was a little sticky on the playfield. But this is quite normal on new games.
Without the protector the playfield gets dimpels .. but this is also normal.

#6999 11 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

That was me, but the playfieldprotector did what he should do. Too bad that it does not cover the shooterlane and the area around VUK .... guess were my clearcoat is chipping
So you should also use a shooterlane protector.
Second point, the playfield is still gassing out, so the protector was a little sticky on the playfield. But this is quite normal on new games.
Without the protector the playfield gets dimpels .. but this is also normal.

Honestly, I would've left it on. It would've protected you where the art is chipping on the other side of the vuc and you could've added Mylar to the inside on the scoops and shooter lane if you wanted. That's what I did on my STh with great success, it looks like the scoops are very similar and I plan on doing the same when my Pulp arives. I bet CGC will start to add Mylar all the way to the scoop on future runs but for now I would put Mylar all the way up to it to protect that art now that your protector is off. The inside of the scoop and the shooter lane being immaculate is kinda like the dimple argument, some care, some don't, but that art needs saving.

#7000 11 days ago

Sp what's the consensus after seeing these playfield issues?

- Put mylar in front of the VUK ?
- Put mylar in shooter lane ?

Anything else? we can do a Key Post if all the info is there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,139 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.