IMG_3641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 143.
#6851 33 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I successfully did it without any damage, just gotta take your time. Made moving it down some short sets of steps a lot easier too because the thing is heavy at 305lbs.
This thing will definitely be the last one to leave the room because of having to do this

Although feasible this is not practical when you have a machine in a parking lot and you are caught off guard without any proper tools.

This was me last night or late afternoon. The vehicle I was borrowing was not a good fit, to make matters worse, the shipping company would not accommodate home delivery at a suitable time so picking up was my only choice. At this point the box was out of the warehouse and due to them not having a loading dock for lower vehicles I was not able to store it again for the night.

Had to quickly run to the nearest home depot and rent a van. Wasted a lot of time doing this for a delivery that was paid to be a home delivery and cost me more money.

So yeah. In short. This box is a lot bigger than a Stern box

#6852 33 days ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Thank you.
Damn, i think i have a problem here.
I had planned to pick up my machine by myself.
But it seems to have the size of a Gottlieb sys80b , so no way withot separate the backbox.
Transport to my front door would be something like 150$.

You did just pay $8,000 USD for the pin, what’s another $150 to get it to your door safe and sound? Your time, gas and wear and tear on your car is worth something too so $150 sounds reasonable to me.

#6853 33 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Any luck? I bought the same one (don't have either yet) but hoping to find out results

Yes. I re-seated the plug and have some shake. All good now!

#6854 32 days ago

Looks like I should have my PF on Monday!

I hope it will feel at home here!

Richard

IMG_9806 (resized).jpegIMG_9806 (resized).jpeg
#6855 32 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Richard
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6856 32 days ago

We all would feel at home there

#6857 32 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Although feasible this is not practical when you have a machine in a parking lot and you are caught off guard without any proper tools.
This was me last night or late afternoon. The vehicle I was borrowing was not a good fit, to make matters worse, the shipping company would not accommodate home delivery at a suitable time so picking up was my only choice. At this point the box was out of the warehouse and due to them not having a loading dock for lower vehicles I was not able to store it again for the night.
Had to quickly run to the nearest home depot and rent a van. Wasted a lot of time doing this for a delivery that was paid to be a home delivery and cost me more money.
So yeah. In short. This box is a lot bigger than a Stern box

Posted this 26 days ago... Everyone else be warned!

Quoted from kermit24:

PSA: Pulp Fiction is over 34” tall when folded. This will create issues with many SUVs. Even Chevy Suburban. I picked up two games today and had a hell of a time getting them to fit.
About two inches taller than a Stern.

#6858 32 days ago

Richard
[quoted image]

It will look great in your room!

#6859 32 days ago

anyone able to take a photo of the backbox speaker? specifically where the connectors are?

Getting direct feed audio out of this game needs divine intervention...

Regards,
Neil.

#6860 32 days ago

Richard
[quoted image]

I'd be very pleased with this lineup. Fingers crossed they still do a re-run of MM in the future.

#6861 32 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone able to take a photo of the backbox speaker? specifically where the connectors are?
Getting direct feed audio out of this game needs divine intervention...
Regards,
Neil.

Reach out to Karl. He's done it.

#6862 32 days ago

Yes I spoke to him already and his solution was a temporary one I have an idea for a perm one but my game arrives tomorrow so can wait until then.

#6863 31 days ago

The J6 connector on the controller board feeds the neck and cabinet speakers, so a LOC would probably work. Upstream from that is a TI TAS5760M class D amp.

#6864 31 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I'd be very pleased with this lineup.

Same for me ... PF fits perfect in the EE section.

IMG_2784 (resized).jpgIMG_2784 (resized).jpg
#6865 31 days ago

Man...so these things are bigger than the same style from the era? Wondering if the topper is going to fit lol.

#6866 31 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man...so these things are bigger than the same style from the era? Wondering if the topper is going to fit lol.

The old games had no speakers between cabinett and backbox
On this side a TAF with topper found its place ... so hopefully my LE will also fit on arrival.

#6867 30 days ago
Quoted from joolsvstheworld:

From chatting with other people here in Australia who have deposits and full payments in with our distributor, the feeling seems to be that our machines will be built last in this run, with both the SE and LE orders shipping together. Based on current info here, that could mean our container would be on the water somewhere between October and January. Does this timing sound about right to anyone with a bit more insight?

Deposits only NO FULL Payments Till games are ready!!!

#6868 30 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Same for me ... PF fits perfect in the EE section.[quoted image]

why are all these games people are posting with black happ door?

#6869 30 days ago

Got my invoice today. Reportedly 2 weeks out!

#6870 30 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Route games I beleive.

#6871 30 days ago

Sad news heard from the distributor that they're being told fall for when the BMF edition will start shipping.

#6872 30 days ago

No, theres been some home use games posted with the black coin door. Mind blowing that anyone would make that choice if they didn’t have to.

Quoted from northerndude:

Route games I beleive.

#6873 30 days ago

It's easy to find in stock black coin door games. Plenty of folks have them when I was trying to source a game. I'd love see the business case that says prioritising the low cost end volume first makes sense. The game above looks like an import though as it should have an EU coin door with one slot only.

#6874 30 days ago

Absurd, mine is going on location and I got the nice door that fits the design of the game. There was no way in hell I was gonna get the cheap ass black door for the same amount of money. Sure, they were produced first for location but…man…patience pays off.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It's easy to find in stock black coin door games. Plenty of folks have them when I was trying to source a game. I'd love see the business case that says prioritising the low cost end volume first makes sense. The game above looks like an import though as it should have an EU coin door with one slot only.

#6875 30 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, theres been some home use games posted with the black coin door. Mind blowing that anyone would make that choice if they didn’t have to.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It's easy to find in stock black coin door games.

Question and answer.
I ordered a LE version but have the feeling that this will be in germany earliest in septembre/octobre.
So the one with the ugly black coindoor was available in the US. I want to play PF, not look on the coindoor. So no difference in gameplay
But for sure ... the old style coindoor is a real beauty !!

#6876 30 days ago

Got mine. Super fun. First game had a 12 million game, no idea what I did. Tried doing that again all night, not even close.
Rules are great. The briefcase toy is amazing. Wishing I had the LE but not sure I am missing much other than some light effect I won't see while playing.
Really fun, definitely a super fun player that is different from all my other Sterns and Alien Machine. Is it a keeper? Time will tell, love the theme and the ruleset is fantastic with enough to do to keep me coming back without going for an adventure like Godzilla which I often ignore due to its complexity.
Great work cgc, Josh and Team.

Last, the sound is great. Some mia call outs are hard to hear but that is probably how they original are. Love it.
Built quality is top notch.
Happy owner and a much better experience than unboxing my tragic Stranger Things, which needs to be fully dialed in and nothing works.

Oh one more thing, that instructions manual. God bless the person that make it. This is someone that not only loves their job but also pinball. Stunning work.

Thank you for this great machine!

1b006a7d-6fd3-42f0-abf2-9134e66ba5f1 (resized).jpg1b006a7d-6fd3-42f0-abf2-9134e66ba5f1 (resized).jpg
#6877 30 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had some divine intervention that makes me question my own business case question and I can see why this order could make sense and whilst I love to be right; sometimes it's good to be wrong.

Neil.

#6878 30 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Question and answer.
I ordered a LE version but have the feeling that this will be in germany earliest in septembre/octobre.
So the one with the ugly black coindoor was available in the US. I want to play PF, not look on the coindoor. So no difference in gameplay

Same for me. I have LE on order but I'm a FOMO bozo (otherwise known as an ideal customer ) So I couldn't wait and bought this game whilst in the US. I got super lucky as I thought I wouldn't find the nice coin door version. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did because it isn't worth the few dollars you save but not much, but I won't get any support from my local dealer, this will be at our club when we reopen (and Swavesey UK Pinball show, UK Pinfest and the UK Open also).

Neil.

#6879 30 days ago

Got mine. Super fun. First game had a 12 million game, no idea what I did. Tried doing that again all night, not even close.
Rules are great. The briefcase toy is amazing. Wishing I had the LE but not sure I am missing much other than some light effect I won't see while playing.
Really fun, definitely a super fun player that is different from all my other Sterns and Alien Machine. Is it a keeper? Time will tell, love the theme and the ruleset is fantastic with enough to do to keep me coming back without going for an adventure like Godzilla which I often ignore due to its complexity.
Great work cgc, Josh and Team.
Last, the sound is great. Some mia call outs are hard to hear but that is probably how they original are. Love it.
Built quality is top notch.
Happy owner and a much better experience than unboxing my tragic Stranger Things, which needs to be fully dialed in and nothing works.
Oh one more thing, that instructions manual. God bless the person that make it. This is someone that not only loves their job but also pinball. Stunning work.
Thank you for this great machine![quoted image]

Search this thread and the club thread there are audio settings that improve the sounds for sure.

Totally agree on the manual - I think Butch does them and they are outstanding.

Neil.

#6880 30 days ago

My 3rd game I got GC with 10 million. I've cracked 2 million once since. Ignorance was bliss I guess. Now I know the rules and just can't get the shots I need to start opening up those big points. Agree with everything in your write up.

#6881 30 days ago

Sure, but when it comes time to sell it will likely go to a home buyer who is likely going to want the vintage style door. Another reason why I waited for nice one.

Quoted from TomDK:

Question and answer.

#6882 30 days ago

This is a great game. Played many times at my local arcade. An amazing theme! This sold it for me. Also more importantly this is a great game! Great shots and flow. Blows away most of the new games out. Canceled my Jaws LE immediately once I played this one! This will fit nicely next to TBL! Love the vulgar in both games. So fun! Hope it offends a lot of people! Lol

#6883 30 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sure, but when it comes time to sell it will likely go to a home buyer who is likely going to want the vintage style door. Another reason why I waited for nice one.

As a potential buyer in the used market… if there were two to choose from priced the same i take the vintage door all day long, if there is a black door for less money I’d gladly buy it and save a couple of bucks. What’s the vintage door worth to me? A couple of hundred bucks maybe. They will play the same, I’m not that precious about it.

#6884 30 days ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Sad news heard from the distributor that they're being told fall for when the BMF edition will start shipping.

Really to be expected based upon history, now was it fall 2024?, I kid, I kid, will be over the moon when it arrives!

#6885 30 days ago

Butch Peel. Best manual guy in the business. Glad Chicago Gaming Company snarfed him up !

LTG : )

#6886 29 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Meanwhile NeilMcRae and me are playing our PF
Please understand, we are in Europe, we have to import our pind ourself due no dealer has right now PF in stock nor an example game.
We are the quick guys.
If our LE arrive, we can decide what to do. But for the next month we can play our PF.

#6887 29 days ago

100% agree - I want to play

but I did get a nice door although I’d have taken the black door as this will end up in our pinball club!
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6888 29 days ago

I remember Butch saying that CGC had redesigned drop targets - and wow what a job they have done. I love the details on this!

IMG_7613 (resized).jpegIMG_7613 (resized).jpegIMG_7614 (resized).jpegIMG_7614 (resized).jpegIMG_7615 (resized).jpegIMG_7615 (resized).jpegIMG_7616 (resized).jpegIMG_7616 (resized).jpegIMG_7617 (resized).jpegIMG_7617 (resized).jpeg
#6889 29 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

Really to be expected based upon history, now was it fall 2024?, I kid, I kid, will be over the moon when it arrives!

Fall 2025 is more realistic for CGC to finish LE's

#6890 29 days ago

WHO has Pulp Fiction on route / locations ?

#6891 29 days ago

I do. Pizza J Providence RI

Quoted from TomDK:

#6892 29 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I do. At my arcade. SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN.

DSC00903 (resized).JPGDSC00903 (resized).JPG
#6893 28 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do. At my arcade. SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN.
[quoted image]

Man, that mirrored backglass is so sweet, I wish pinball never got away from real mirrored backglass...

#6894 28 days ago

Edit: Haha wrong thread.

But happily waiting for PF LE!

#6895 28 days ago

Someone was asking for a carpet/mat to place at the foot of the game. Could also customize if you want to add your LE number. Could likely offer them for $50 plus shipping for a 20 x 32 inches. PM me if any interest. Thanks.

Carpet Sample 3 (resized).pngCarpet Sample 3 (resized).pngCarpet sample 2 (resized).pngCarpet sample 2 (resized).png
#6896 27 days ago

Encountered an issue today:

After locking 2 balls in the briefcase and 2 in the pawn shop the game kept firing the trough eject to spawn a new ball that does not exist.

Is this a code bug? I would think that the game would eject a ball from the left eject hole in that circumstance. I had to power cycle the game twice today.

I did also notice that the left ball eject flashes occasionally for no reason. Is a switch problem causing the game to lose track of balls? I wonder if that subway switch is getting stuck down.

#6897 27 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this a code bug?

No.

Please go into Tests - Devices - Ball Trough, Pawn Shop Trough, and Brief Case Trough. See if an opto is locked on.

If so open a ticket on the support desk and mention which one.

#6898 27 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

After locking 2 balls in the briefcase and 2 in the pawn shop the game kept firing the trough eject to spawn a new ball that does not exist.
Is this a code bug? I would think that the game would eject a ball from the left eject hole in that circumstance. I had to power cycle the game twice today.
I did also notice that the left ball eject flashes occasionally for no reason. Is a switch problem causing the game to lose track of balls? I wonder if that subway switch is getting stuck down.

When I’ve locked 2 balls in each on mine it’s served one from the left eject.

#6899 27 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Same thing mine did. Check the trough optos. Most likely opto 1 is bad

#6900 27 days ago

Thanks ya’ll, will take a look see and report back

Quoted from LTG:

No.
Please go into Tests - Devices - Ball Trough, Pawn Shop Trough, and Brief Case Trough. See if an opto is locked on.
If so open a ticket on the support desk and mention which one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Trade
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
There are 7,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.