Topic poll

“I purchased this game because:”

• I'm a bad motherfucker 72 votes
    60%
  • I want to be a bad motherfucker 27 votes
    23%
  • I had the wallet and needed the game to match it 21 votes
    18%

(Multiple choice - 120 votes by 116 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0006 (resized).PNG
GIMP (resized).png
IMG_1917 (resized).jpg
IMG_1916 (resized).jpg
PF (resized).jpg
IMG_3154 (resized).jpg
IMG_3153 (resized).jpg
IMG_6766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1576 (resized).jpeg
pf_jvc_sm (resized).jpg
IMG_3105 (resized).jpg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpg
IMG_3106 (resized).jpg
20240508_151043 (resized).jpg
20240508_150925 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #35 Link to Manual Posted by TreyBo69 (3 months ago)

Post #690 Suggested added Mylar locations. Posted by chuckwurt (35 days ago)

Post #719 How to clamp on external woofer. Posted by MikeS (34 days ago)

Post #721 quick hack to turn knocker off. Posted by LTG (34 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 months ago

you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

#13 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Don’t all games have the chrome door?

they're also making a version with the standard coin door and start button for ops who need dollar bill validator/card swiper support

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thank goodness the OP of this thread had the sense to buck the prevailing trend at Play Machanix and on this forum and FINALLY spell motherfucker correctly. It’s a compound word, people. Get it right!

This comment made me rewatch this song and now it's stuck in my head

#41 3 months ago

The manual is so freaking good. I cant believe how high quality and detailed it is. You can zoom in sooo far!

Mod makers, you can import it into CAD to start measuring stuff out

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#61 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So no CCR shipping ? No PF shipping , Time for CGC to announce the next attempt at building a pinball machine !

I remember years ago the plan was going to be do CC, the first original game (Pulp Fiction), and then I could have sworn benheck sold CGC a layout in partnership with Spooky. I have no idea if that is still the plan? It kinda sounded like he sold them a design, but they were doing a different license on it

https://twip.kineticist.co/p/spooky-pinball-teaser-and-expansion-make-your-own-pinball-machine-ski-pass-twipy-coverage-amazing-dr

As an aside, fuck kineticist trying to make me subscribe to see a 3 year old TWIP article. It wouldn't be so bad if it let me say "no" but if you click "no" it redirects you to the home page, and not the article

1 week later
#86 3 months ago

Looking good. They even put the power switch in the right spot

#95 3 months ago

will we call this boxgate or manualgate?

2 weeks later
#203 71 days ago

I love the amount of pinball nerd attention to detail. There are so many little things to appreciate

Like not using hot glue like certain other manufacturers

#217 70 days ago

Idk if Thunderbird had them but Spinal Tap did.

It’s basically a sensor that measures the magnetic flux of a little magnet on the spinner bar rotating on an axis

#248 68 days ago

Charity bet hype

Anyone know how many a week they’re making? The LEs might start delivering this summer, but I doubt they’re building all thousand in a month or two

#261 68 days ago

The kids are depending on it Josh!

#289 67 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Karl just got over 200M, but he is one of the best in the world. Certainly 10M is nothing to sniff it.

And the game does do something special on the displays if you crack 100m. Doesn’t seem to after 200. May need an update…

Karl also mentioned off hand there would be a scoring boost to multiballs because they’re presently kinda worthless compared to how high scoring single ball play is. (Which must be a tough tight rope to walk in terms of score balance)

#322 63 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine don’t touch. I cane put a piece of paper towel between the leg and the cabinet too.
[quoted image]

Sneaking in some barefoot for Quentin

#359 57 days ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Starting a new character doesn't become available until another switch on the playfield is hit, so balls that are having trouble getting kicked out should not be starting additional characters. Balls that kick out, hit a jet bumper and bounce back into the saucer will start new characters.
The only wrinkle I can see is if you nail a spinner, land in the character saucer, spinner is still spinning when the game tries to kick the ball out after the character start (with the game thinking another switch had been made - the spinner switch).

Patch incoming!

Is it possible to get the High Score To Date scores to scroll the value if they score over 100m? It's a real edge case but watching Karl put up 200m and it isn't really reflected in any way. Also I thought I heard mention of a scoring buff to the multiballs?

#362 57 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hell yes.
What’s the nerf for clean the car?

boo this man

buff other modes before nerfing this one. I saw gold watch is worth playing now. Which ones aren't? Find the Wallet?

#363 57 days ago

Also I noticed during Briefcase Boogie, if you have Drive Fast going, you can do a full orbit shot and get two jackpots (one for each orbit). Not saying it needs to go or stay, but I doubt it was necessarily intentional. The bug is a feature

#420 52 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

picked up a PF SE for our club and whilst I wait for the LE; landed at Heathrow airport and hopefully delivered Monday or Tuesday!
[quoted image]

That’s one heck of a PinPod

#422 52 days ago

A benefit to the LEs not being made yet is we hopefully get the latest updated printing of that beautiful manual?

#442 50 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No "benefit". The game is done. The manual is done, probably printed a couple thousand. It does look like they are cranking our standards, so hopefully we see LEs soon.

There have been a few manual iterations so far.

#458 49 days ago

People should do launch parties where first place gets a tasty burger

#494 46 days ago

Are there alignment divots are is it just assumed to be top of the bat flush with the ball guide? I know some flippers are designed to be a little droopy, or center of bat in line with screws of the lane guide

#613 39 days ago

Got the word from a good authority saying LEs start shipping in mid July

#634 37 days ago

I would naturally guess a bounce thing since black rubber doesn’t bounce as good as white. But could easily see it being an aesthetic thing They did use all black fasteners just for aesthetics.

#735 33 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

There’s a super skill shot?

hold left flipper, full plunge, hit a lit major shot for 100k

doesn't seem valuable enough to be worth doing vs going for the top saucer

now if you plunged and one time into a big kahuna target to instantly boost your playfield x...now we're talking about a skill shot worth going for. Or hit the right drop to instantly start a mode. Or left inline to drop them all at once. But right now it's just a small amount of points.

#741 33 days ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Good to know - thanks. I wonder why it's not mentioned on the skill shot page in the manual. I agree that it doesn't seem worthwhile vs. the potential of 100k plus a character on the regular skill shot.

cause it's a secret skillshot

and the real secret is it's not worth doing

#745 33 days ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It comes in handy if you're trying to NOT start a character on purpose

Why wouldn't you? I guess cast chaos takes priority over starting modes?

#782 32 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Left flipper 2 times,
Right flipper 1 time
Left flipper 5 times,
Right flipper 1 time,
Left flipper 7 times,
Right flipper 1 time
Have to do it pretty quickly

Spells BEG (that’s how I remember flipper codes)

#796 31 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I officially became a Bad M*therf*cker on Thursday. This is my first brand new pin and I could not have picked a better one. The timing could not have been better too. My mother, sister & her 2 kids were visiting from Florida. I had hoped the game would come in time for them to be able to play it and it did. I think the game looks great placed next to my Godzilla Pro.
The game has a few minor issues I need to work out;
Most notably is the game tilts super easy. The game cannot be nudged in the slightest or you'll get multiple dangers all at the same time. I checked the bob and its set to the easiest setting. When I was first setting it up, I wanted to extend the rear legs to get to the proper incline, but when I did the game became unplayable. It would tilt out at random times. I opened to coin door and even with no one touching the game the bob would keep swinging on its own. So I then lowered the leg extensions back down and placed a 2x4 under the rear legs. That got me close to the correct incline. The game is playable now, but it still tilts super easy. I am a believer that nudging is part of playing, not violently of course, but you should be able to shake the game around some. I just can't with the game the way it is now. I'd like it to be similar to how my Godzilla plays. Anyone have any suggestions on how to help with this?
The next item is the center bumper seems to be dead sometimes. Sometimes when the ball pops out of the saucer and hits the center bumper it does not activate. Is there a way it increase the sensitivity of the bumper?
The last thing is sometimes when I hit the Roll Scene perfectly it'll reject. Not sure if this is an issue or if I'm being a bit too picky, but I thought I would mention it.
Anyways, still having a great time it the game. Here's a photo of my sister and my 88 year old mother playing pinball. What a great week we had.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the bottom screw on the tilt mech and you can adjust it side to side a bit for when you set the game up steep. You want the plumb dead center when you have it at the pitch you want. (A little bending of the metal is good too, but start with the easy thing)

IMG_4621 (resized).jpegIMG_4621 (resized).jpeg
#823 30 days ago

#877 29 days ago

The switch probably isn’t getting depressed far enough down to register on the plunge, but your finger activates it when you fully depress it. You can try doing switch test and plunging a ball over it. Activating it by hand, it should register before full depression. Either way use a switch adjustment tool to make it more sensitive.

I suppose it could also be too sensitive and registering off the vibration of the plunger release and flipper movement. Just spitballing

#890 28 days ago

I guess I'm ok with the spinners scoring less as long as the sound and visuals are still epic. That's what's so cool about them

#892 28 days ago

Can we get a vanity scoreboard added for biggest single rip of the spinners? It might be interesting to see how high it could really go. And I mean # of spins, not the value scored from the rip.

#896 28 days ago

Yeah if you get multiple rips in a single drive fast, subsequent ones increase the MPH gained per spin (1 MPH, then 2MPH, then 3MPH, etc)

#945 25 days ago

would bending this a hair help?

1 week later
#1009 18 days ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Helped a friend unbox and setup his Pulp Fiction yesterday, it ended up having some disappointments. The big one being it was unplayable because of a bad ball trough opto board. It wouldn't detect ball 4.
The other being they missed a carriage bolt in the coin door, they didn't even drill the hole.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The PF opto boards are way different then other CGC opto boards. the PF one has a crap ton of logic on the opto board.
He's calling today so hopefully they get him a replacement ASAP.

Surprising that isn't a CNC cut. I guess they use hand templates for those holes. Was it built on a Friday? Because someone surely noticed when putting on the coin door and chose to not deal with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eau Claire, WI
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Lago Vista, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulf-fiction-bad-motherfucker-club?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.