20240409_094622 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.50.00?AM (resized).png
20240329_180450 (resized).jpg
20240328_202129 (resized).jpg
20240328_132611 (resized).jpg
20240328_133155 (resized).jpg
20240328_132004 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_125215854 (resized).jpg
There are 2,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 59.
#2801 5 months ago

I turned 40 this past weekend and this was my gift from my wife.

IMG_6836 (resized).jpegIMG_6836 (resized).jpeg
#2802 5 months ago
Quoted from TheShaft:

I turned 40 this past weekend and this was my gift from my wife.

Happy belated B day, that's a fine gift!
I remember the days of being able to read such tiny details w/o correction. I practically have to wear a sun dial now.

#2803 5 months ago

Yeah! I have to rent time on the Hubble to see some of my watches!

#2804 5 months ago

delivered yesterday and now I can join the watch club. Cigar club is next, once I get GZ unboxed.

IMG_9576 (resized).jpegIMG_9576 (resized).jpeg
#2805 5 months ago
Quoted from Mylstar:

delivered yesterday and now I can join the watch club. Cigar club is next, once I get GZ unboxed.
[quoted image]

Nice watch! The cigar club is fun. There’s some characters. Come on!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2806 5 months ago

Hah! Do we now have to start the Rolex/Cigar Club??

IMG_4134 (resized).JPGIMG_4134 (resized).JPG
#2807 5 months ago

This submariner is ready to get wet!
PXL_20231217_000928796 (resized).jpgPXL_20231217_000928796 (resized).jpg

#2808 4 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah! Do we now have to start the Rolex/Cigar Club??
[quoted image]

I was reading while getting a cigar for my morning drive…

1 week later
#2809 4 months ago

Bought myself a present for Christmas.

IMG_5532 (resized).jpegIMG_5532 (resized).jpeg

#2810 4 months ago

Farer and Christopher Ward are absolutely killing it lately! So many good dials coming out.

#2811 4 months ago

Merry Christmas, happy holidays watch fans!!

IMG_9136 (resized).jpegIMG_9136 (resized).jpegIMG_9146 (resized).jpegIMG_9146 (resized).jpeg
#2812 4 months ago

I have 3 more coming in the mail but I’ll show those as they arrive.

I just got into watches last year and already have a dozen or more.

#2813 4 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I have 3 more coming in the mail but I’ll show those as they arrive.
I just got into watches last year and already have a dozen or more.

Brace yourself, watches collecting can be as bad if not worse than pinballs

#2814 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Worse…at least with pinball I run out of room.

#2815 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I believe it.

Half of my watches are Casios so that lets me slide a bit with 7 watches for $600 or less. I really love my Casios for the price of a nice watch band usually wear when I'm traveling just in case they get lost at the hotel no big deal.

I just got my second most expensive watch and first from Christopher Ward, I got it with a bracelet but have not tried that on yet it would be my first watch with a bracelet.

The Dartmouth version 2 with full lume dial.

IMG_5558 (resized).jpegIMG_5558 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5560 (resized).jpegIMG_5560 (resized).jpeg

IMG_5566 (resized).jpegIMG_5566 (resized).jpeg

#2816 4 months ago

Nomos Ahoi Atlantic

I wish all of you a good start into 2024.
Tom

IMG_0233 (resized).jpgIMG_0233 (resized).jpg
#2817 4 months ago

New watch day. Wanted one of these since the 90s. Paid well under value but need to find the 30 bezel tab.
20231229_131950 (resized).jpg20231229_131950 (resized).jpg

#2818 4 months ago
Quoted from 2x286ps:

Nomos Ahoi Atlantic
I wish all of you a good start into 2024.
Tom[quoted image]

So clean! Love their watches.

#2819 4 months ago

May be interested in a possible trade. My Bond LE for a (newer) Rolex Submariner (date). It must have box and original paperwork. If trade happens I’ll make appropriate donation to Pinside!

#2820 4 months ago
20231231_222707 (resized).jpg20231231_222707 (resized).jpg
#2821 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

Nice !!

Happy New Year!

#2822 4 months ago
IMG_5424 (resized).jpegIMG_5424 (resized).jpeg
#2823 4 months ago

Nice Franck.... Is this an 8880?

What size is your wrist? I'm trying to figure out how much smaller I can go on Franck with my mammoth arms.

#2824 4 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Nice watch! The cigar club is fun. There’s some characters. Come on!
[quoted image]

That watch is a china fake.

#2825 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Merry Christmas, happy holidays watch fans!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from twinturb089:

That watch is a china fake.

No

#2826 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Nice Franck.... Is this an 8880?
What size is your wrist? I'm trying to figure out how much smaller I can go on Franck with my mammoth arms.

It’s a 6850. My wrist is small. I haven’t had time to take out a couple links so the photo might be misleading. Anyway, they wear smaller (and more comfortable) than you’d expect so slightly larger is totally ok in this instance.

#2827 4 months ago

Still love Magrette. Solid all around

IMG_5427 (resized).jpegIMG_5427 (resized).jpeg
#2828 4 months ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

It’s a 6850. My wrist is small. I haven’t had time to take out a couple links so the photo might be misleading. Anyway, they wear smaller (and more comfortable) than you’d expect so slightly larger is totally ok in this instance.

I've tried on an 8880, but not sure how much smaller I can go. That's my issue

#2829 4 months ago

Happy New Year. Added another dress watch this week. Parmigiani Fleurier, newer brand (formed in the 1990s) that is getting a lot of attention for their current line of Tonda PF watches (integrated bracelet format) but historically did a lot of dress pieces.
PXL_20240103_140122561.jpgPXL_20240103_140122561.jpg

#2830 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I've tried on an 8880, but not sure how much smaller I can go. That's my issue

Ah, got it. Maybe look at the Vanguard range then.

#2831 4 months ago

Just got this one in the mail. Ordered direct without ever seeing one, but the price was reasonable.

I’m getting more into divers, I don’t dive or use the time bezel feature but guess I just like the look.

This is from Wise an Indonesian micro-brand. You can customize the second hand and bezel color and has full lume on dial. Fit and finish is super for less than $400. Packaging and shipping first rate. IMG_5612 (resized).jpegIMG_5612 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5607 (resized).jpegIMG_5607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5609 (resized).jpegIMG_5609 (resized).jpegIMG_5611 (resized).jpegIMG_5611 (resized).jpegIMG_5615 (resized).jpegIMG_5615 (resized).jpeg

#2832 4 months ago

Just picked up my third Longines, this time a 43mm Hydroconquest diver. The ceramic bezels on the newest Hydroconquest models have raised their price a bit, but they look much better IMHO than the all-steel models.
20240106_162526 (resized).jpg20240106_162526 (resized).jpg

#2833 4 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Just picked up my third Longines, this time a 43mm Hydroconquest diver. The ceramic bezels on the newest Hydroconquest models have raised their price a bit, but they look much better IMHO than the all-steel models.
[quoted image]

I keep thinking about getting a Hydroconquest. What do you think about it? Worth every penny if not more? How’s the overall fit and feel? You’re running a strap, but if you have a bracelet, how’s it fit and feel? Arm hair puller?

#2834 4 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I keep thinking about getting a Hydroconquest. What do you think about it? Worth every penny if not more? How’s the overall fit and feel? You’re running a strap, but if you have a bracelet, how’s it fit and feel? Arm hair puller?

I was shopping for a dive watch and was certainly willing to get a less expensive one, but after comparing with Seikos, Citizens, and Tissots, I felt the Longines was worth the additional money. It's just that much better looking. I'm not a big fan of the Tag Heuer Aquaracer, and felt Oris offered similar quality for nearly twice as much money. I normally bring my Spirit Zulu Time on the road for work, but this week I'm taking the HC so I can enjoy it more.

Fit and feel is great. My wrist is sorta medium-large at 7-3/8" and the 43mm, while sounding big, fits and looks fine. This model came with the rubber strap, I can't tell you how the HC metal bracelet feels but my Zulu bracelet feels good. The clasp on the rubber strap is solid and feels the part for sure. I wouldn't recommend buying any watch without seeing it in person first, so if you have a retailer nearby then I do recommend having a look at one. The new models with the ceramic bezels are absolutely worth the price over the previous all-steel models.

#2835 4 months ago

Hydroconquest always a good choice. Oris Aquis (Sellita versions) and Formex Reef also excellent in this tier.

#2836 4 months ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

I have the full ceramic version on the rubber strap. Its a lovely watch, the only thing I could knock is the bezel is matt and the case shiny which looks a bit odd. Deployant is carbon fibre and is reverse so the extra strap is hidden and so no keepers, even has micro adjust. Great design and how all should be.

1 week later
#2837 3 months ago

I was moving some stuff in my office and I found an old watch I forgot about. I went to college for GM automotive - ASEP. At graduation, we received some cool gifts, one being this watch. Its an Elgin D4800/TL11/T480 with a Chevy Bowtie on the face. I just installed a new battery in it tonight. The digital works, but the analog isn't moving. I tried searching google and that model isn't showing anything. The crown pulls out to adjust the clock. It doesn't seem to wind in either direction when its pushed in.

chevy watch (resized).jpgchevy watch (resized).jpg
#2838 3 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

I was moving some stuff in my office and I found an old watch I forgot about. I went to college for GM automotive - ASEP. At graduation, we received some cool gifts, one being this watch. Its an Elgin D4800/TL11/T480 with a Chevy Bowtie on the face. I just installed a new battery in it tonight. The digital works, but the analog isn't moving. I tried searching google and that model isn't showing anything. The crown pulls out to adjust the clock. It doesn't seem to wind in either direction when its pushed in. [quoted image]

Very cool.
Chronotek in PA can get it running for you again.

#2839 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Very cool.
Chronotek in PA can get it running for you again.

Thanks. It looks like they are in Sauderton, PA? I'll reach out to them. Any ideas what watch repairs cost? What this watch is worth?

#2840 3 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

Thanks. It looks like they are in Sauderton, PA? I'll reach out to them. Any ideas what watch repairs cost? What this watch is worth?

Yes, they are in a Souderton, PA. They have serviced multiple mechanical watches for me. Your watch is quartz which should be much less expensive to service.

Send them an email explaining the problem with the watch along with a couple of photos.
It is possible they may be able to provide a ballpark estimate via email.

Unfortunately, I have no idea the value, but it is a sharp looking watch.

#2841 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yes, they are in a Souderton, PA. They have serviced multiple mechanical watches for me. Your watch is quartz which should be much less expensive to service.
Send them an email explaining the problem with the watch along with a couple of photos.
It is possible they may be able to provide a ballpark estimate via email.
Unfortunately, I have no idea the value, but it is a sharp looking watch.

Thanks.. I reached out to them on Friday through their website, but haven't heard back yet. I know Friday up here was a Snowmageddon event, so maybe delayed response for a few inches of snow. I did look around a bit more and found some other numbers on the back cover, but still nothing identifying. I also found out that Elgin stopped their original production in the late 60's and anything made after that isn't a true Elgin. I'd still like to get it working..

#2842 3 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

Thanks.. I reached out to them on Friday through their website, but haven't heard back yet. I know Friday up here was a Snowmageddon event, so maybe delayed response for a few inches of snow. I did look around a bit more and found some other numbers on the back cover, but still nothing identifying. I also found out that Elgin stopped their original production in the late 60's and anything made after that isn't a true Elgin. I'd still like to get it working..

Most likely, the snow slowed them down. It’s a family run business with a few watchmakers who are all true enthusiasts.

Unfortunately, the Elgin manufacturing facility in Illinois was torn down in the late 1960s like you stated. If you ever rode a train in the U.S. through the early 1980’s, it is likely that the ticket taker had an Elgin pocket watch strapped to his vest. These early Elgin timepieces were mass produced and not particularly rare, but the movements are beautiful.

#2843 3 months ago

Am I permitted to list a watch for sale in this thread?
If it sells through Pinside, I’m happy to donate.

#2844 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Only one way to find out!

#2845 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Most likely, the snow slowed them down. It’s a family run business with a few watchmakers who are all true enthusiasts.
Unfortunately, the Elgin manufacturing facility in Illinois was torn down in the late 1960s like you stated. If you ever rode a train in the U.S. through the early 1980’s, it is likely that the ticket taker had an Elgin pocket watch strapped to his vest. These early Elgin timepieces were mass produced and not particularly rare, but the movements are beautiful.

Sounds like the right place to deal with. I'm in no rush. This sat in its box for 30 years, another little bit isn't going to matter.

I was really excited when I saw the Elgin name - had heard the train story awhile back.. I was a bit disappointed to hear it wasn't the "same" connection. Its still a cool piece.

#2846 3 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't see why not...I've listed several in the past. All ended up selling somewhere else though.

#2847 3 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

Sounds like the right place to deal with. I'm in no rush. This sat in its box for 30 years, another little bit isn't going to matter.
I was really excited when I saw the Elgin name - had heard the train story awhile back.. I was a bit disappointed to hear it wasn't the "same" connection. Its still a cool piece.

I got a call this afternoon from Chronotek.. Sounds like my watch is simply going to be a decorator piece. Not a lot of serviceable parts available for it unfortunately. Oh well, still looks good.

#2848 3 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

I got a call this afternoon from Chronotek.. Sounds like my watch is simply going to be a decorator piece. Not a lot of serviceable parts available for it unfortunately. Oh well, still looks good.

Sorry.

#2849 3 months ago

Thanks.. Nice guy I spoke to on the phone. He knew what I had without a pic. Pretty impressive since google hasn't shown me anything similar. It would be nice for sentimental reasons to get it working, but it still looks good.

#2850 3 months ago

Trying to catch some green heads that are finally starting to move around after the past 4 days of dense fog. I just got this BR123 and I’m really liking it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

There are 2,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.