Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,044 posts
  • 302 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    20240315_112455 (resized).jpg
    serious-wtf (resized).jpg
    phofKids.gif
    IMG_8051 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8050 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8049 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7856556_3638328 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2023 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240301_133643675 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0660 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0317.gif
    triggered-nicolas-cage.gif
    IMG_20240302_201807255_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240302_193726631_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240302_193709093_HDR (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.
    #2001 44 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

As soon as the song stops everyone runs for the door laughing as loudly as possible on their way out

Let's do it.

#2002 44 days ago

Went to the PHoF this past week. First time in about 8 months and the place was busy. Non scientific observation was that there were a few more games on than last time I was there and I utilized the QR code to report some issues on a couple of games which the submission worked well.

Overall though, it's loud since it's such a cavernous space and they really need to organize the space. Rope off the back area for storage and broken games to be worked on and arrange it better. It has the feel of an operator who has a warehouse full of crap who just decided to plug it all in and open the doors.

Still seems better than it was last time I was there and has so much potential but my favorite place for number and quality of games is still Music City Pinball in Nashville.

#2003 43 days ago
    Quoted from DavidCPA:

Start handing out Jolt Cola and Red Bulls in the parking lot. That would be fun to watch.

This is Vegas we're talking here...

serious-wtf (resized).jpgserious-wtf (resized).jpg

#2005 40 days ago

I was in Vegas last week - went to PHOF a couple times..... it was great.
    Wish Pinball Circus was up, but it's always nice to just take a look each time I'm in town.

Got to see Tim chew on two groups this time around..... and while they were aghast that someone would tell them anything..... Tim was right.
    One girl was twirling around and the other time the young person was moving fast and not even looking where she was going = body going this way, head pointed in the opposite direction.

Can't imagine the potential lawsuits with people acting dumb, falling down and cracking their head open.
    I like that Tim isn't kidding around. The moment I witnessed the infractions I barely had the time to think "uh oh", and by then Tim was on their AZZ.
    He must have super powers or something, cause he was just "there". *BAM*

#2006 40 days ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

The moment I witnessed the infractions I barely had the time to think "uh oh", and by then Tim was on their AZZ.

Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.

#2007 39 days ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

I was in Vegas last week - went to PHOF a couple times..... it was great.
    Wish Pinball Circus was up, but it's always nice to just take a look each time I'm in town.
    Got to see Tim chew on two groups this time around..... and while they were aghast that someone would tell them anything..... Tim was right.
    One girl was twirling around and the other time the young person was moving fast and not even looking where she was going = body going this way, head pointed in the opposite direction.
    Can't imagine the potential lawsuits with people acting dumb, falling down and cracking their head open.
    I like that Tim isn't kidding around. The moment I witnessed the infractions I barely had the time to think "uh oh", and by then Tim was on their AZZ.
    He must have super powers or something, cause he was just "there". *BAM*

Why is it ever place on the planet with pins that allows children has no issues with liability. I’ve never seen the need to be an asshole to a kid at a show or tournament? The guy is just your stereotypical old prick.

#2008 39 days ago

Pinball Hall of Fame offers 25-cent family fun on the Las Vegas Strip, donated $1.2M to charity in 2023 | Fox News
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pinball-hall-fame-offers-25-cent-family-fun-las-vegas-strip-donated-charity

#2009 39 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Pinball Hall of Fame offers 25-cent family fun on the Las Vegas Strip, donated $1.2M to charity in 2023 | Fox News
    https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/pinball-hall-fame-offers-25-cent-family-fun-las-vegas-strip-donated-charity

I was there last Friday morning placing more QR codes for the problem reporting system on pins. The place filled up quickly when the doors opened at 10 am.

By 11:30, the lot was almost full. As I was leaving, a pickup truck had to park in one of the spaces that back up to Las Vegas Boulevard.

20240315_112455 (resized).jpg20240315_112455 (resized).jpg
    #2010 39 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Why is it ever place on the planet with pins that allows children has no issues with liability. I’ve never seen the need to be an asshole to a kid at a show or tournament? The guy is just your stereotypical old prick.

You don't know that.

Most businesses that deal with the public don't advertise when they've been sued.

#2011 39 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It used to happen all the time at the old Museum of Pinball in Banning where I'd see kids abusing the machines in various ways. That place was huge so it was easier for them to get away with things like hanging off joysticks, kicking machines, running around a corner and bashing into someone, etc.

#2012 36 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I was there last Friday morning placing more QR codes for the problem reporting system on pins. The place filled up quickly when the doors opened at 10 am.
    By 11:30, the lot was almost full. As I was leaving, a pickup truck had to park in one of the spaces that back up to Las Vegas Boulevard.[quoted image]

Official car spotted!

#2013 33 days ago

Not sure if this link will work but these guys are really organized. Fantastic team work.

#2014 33 days ago
    Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Not sure if this link will work but these guys are really organized. Fantastic team work.

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing what is possible.

This is how it should be done to truly enhance the experience for both the customer and owner.

#2015 33 days ago

Amazing that they straighten the games each day after all the nudging etc

Also looks like every pinball ever made is in that place

#2016 33 days ago

I just spent the weekend at Past times Arcade. They do a fantastic job and have a team of great techs that were fixing games all weekend and also keeping the games running for a 100 player tournament all weekend.

I doubt I go to PHOF when I’m in Vegas in April and May this year, but I might just to compare the two.

But I was very impressed with Past times.

#2017 33 days ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Amazing that they straighten the games each day after all the nudging etc
    Also looks like every pinball ever made is in that place

I’ve said it before in this thread that the devil is in the details and that attention to detail is enough to sell me on the place. Organizing the rows to put like games together, brilliant. I don’t even have to ask if the PHOF takes the time to line up the games, we all know the answer already.

#2018 33 days ago

Video like that really shows how Tim's excuses are total bullshit.

#2019 33 days ago

These guys have it figured out!

#2020 33 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt I go to PHOF when I’m in Vegas in April and May this year,

Don't let all the naysayers ruin your fun, you're a pinball guy, you'll still find dozens of cool pins to play at the PHOF. Worth any true pinhead's time, despite its shortcomings. It's a shame to be that close and not check it out.

#2021 33 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Don't let all the naysayers ruin your fun, you're a pinball guy, you'll still find dozens of cool pins to play at the PHOF. Worth any true pinhead's time, despite its shortcomings. It's a shame to be that close and not check it out.

Fair enough. I’ll check it out.

#2022 33 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair enough. I’ll check it out.

Just be REALLY careful not to wave your arms too aggressively.

#2023 33 days ago
    Quoted from asay:

Just be REALLY careful not to wave your arms too aggressively.

Dammit. I naturally have very animated arms.

#2024 33 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dammit. I naturally have very animated arms.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #2025 33 days ago

Two very different places. I still enjoy the PHoF, just a different experience. I do think it is organized by era to a degree, and had no problem with that.

#2026 33 days ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Video like that really shows how Tim's excuses are total bullshit.

Every pinball arcade I know of has a full team of techs. What's the secret? They get paid.

Tim will flaunt his millions they make and the charity.... but they can't pay for good techs? The excuse of people not wanting to work or not being good at it is nonsense when everyone else is having no issue hiring techs.

#2027 33 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Every pinball arcade I know of has a full team of techs. What's the secret? They get paid.
    Tim will flaunt his millions they make and the charity.... but they can't pay for good techs? The excuse of people not wanting to work or not being good at it is nonsense when everyone else is having no issue hiring techs.

I don't get this either. Tim absolutely refuses to put people on the payroll.

#2028 32 days ago

Wow this place looks absolutely mind-blowing. World of difference compared to Tim's place.

#2029 31 days ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't get this either. Tim absolutely refuses to put people on the payroll.

It's pretty mind blowing. He would rather donate to unscrupulous organizations than pay actual pinball techs and invest back into the community

You have to ask yourself, who would be better served by the PHOF proceeds? Pinball techs and their families, or "charitable" organizations such as this...

https://libcom.org/article/starvation-army-twelve-reasons-reject-salvation-army

This is where your coin drop, donations, gofundmes, and t-shirt purchases at the PHOF is going. Not to paying staff, not back into pinball itself.

#2030 31 days ago
    Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

It's pretty mind blowing. He would rather donate to unscrupulous organizations than pay actual pinball techs and invest back into the community
    You have to ask yourself, who would be better served by the PHOF proceeds? Pinball techs and their families, or "charitable" organizations such as this...
    This is where your coin drop, donations, gofundmes, and t-shirt purchases at the PHOF is going. Not to paying staff, not back into pinball itself.

Lol, a site called libertarian communism sounds like a good source.

#2031 31 days ago

Do you think its appropriate to tell someone how to spend their money? Whether to pay service technicians? Or, to donate funding for college scholarships? Or to donate to any charity they want? How about buying and totally donating a home for rehab use to a charity? Or, a new full-size van to help shuttle seniors to medical and other appointments? Or, to buy a nice Las Vegas, Nevada or Warren, Ohio McMansion?

Those who work at the PHoF do so at their own leisure/pleasure. If they don't like it, they stop working there. I imagine it's the same for those who work at Past Times.

As far as Tim not putting anything back into pinball; doesn't four of every new Stern machine count for anything?

#2032 31 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Do you think its appropriate to tell someone how to spend their money? Whether to pay service technicians? Or, to donate funding for college scholarships? Or to donate to any charity they want? How about buying and totally donating a home for rehab use to a charity? Or, a new full-size van to help shuttle seniors to medical and other appointments? Or, to buy a nice Las Vegas, Nevada or Warren, Ohio McMansion?
    Those who work at the PHoF do so at their own leisure/pleasure. If they don't like it, they stop working there. I imagine it's the same for those who work at Past Times.
    As far as Tim not putting anything back into pinball; doesn't four of every new Stern machine count for anything?

Look, I'm not telling him how to spend his money. But as a consumer, people should be aware of where their money is going. I can vote with my wallet. This sort of thing doesn't get my vote.

I'm not saying the PHOF hasn't done anything for pinball. But the ambassadorial opportunity is being missed by a long shot. Mostly from the misanthropic behavior of the staff/ownership.

Honestly, everything aside, I think we all want the PHOF to succeed. It's just painful as a pinhead to see the state of it and hear all the stories from visitors. So the opinions pour in. Mine isn't worth more than anyone else's admittedly, but there it is.

#2033 31 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

That sounds like an oxymoron.

#2034 31 days ago

Charitable giving comes from one’s heart and for specific purpose to the donor.

So I’m not sure we’re the ones to decide where one donates his money.

#2035 31 days ago

Whenever critique comes up, it's always hey look at the charity! This is a tiring jedi mind trick

#2036 31 days ago

How does the karma balance out if the quarters that you give to charity came from broken games where the patrons thought it was fully working? Seems like people are getting duped out of their money, but they shouldn’t complain because it’s going to a good cause. What if my definition of a good cause it to give the paying customers the full experience of each game they pay for.

How broken does a game have to be before it’s considered theft, and is that somehow ok because the profit goes to a charity?

#2037 31 days ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

How does the karma balance out if the quarters that you give to charity came from broken games where the patrons thought it was fully working? Seems like people are getting duped out of their money, but they shouldn’t complain because it’s going to a good cause. What if my definition of a good cause it to give the paying customers the full experience of each game they pay for.
    How broken does a game have to be before it’s considered theft, and is that somehow ok because the profit goes to a charity?

Jesus. Enough already.

Find something else to bitch about. My fucking god.

#2038 31 days ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Seriously! Look up the site, libcom.org and see what they stand for. I would rather donate to a christian charity like Salvation Army.

#2039 31 days ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jesus. Enough already.

Forget what thread you're in?

#2040 31 days ago

Yeah, this thread is about the place that advertises on their website (lies) stating that "ALL" games are available for play and are "METICUlOUSLY MAINTAINED!"

Charity is nice. Lies are not.

#2041 30 days ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jesus. Enough already.

What’s great about this thread is that it is now over 2000 posts. But you could go back through them all and take a selection of about 5 different ones that say everything that keeps getting repeated over and over. 2000 times

#2042 30 days ago
    Quoted from Pinhead_:

Forget what thread you're in?

He needs a reminder every other week.

#2043 30 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If I could buy a new Stern for what Tim pays I would buy one or two a year. Tim get them for less than dealer cost because of the high traffic thru the Phof

#2044 30 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

If I could buy a new Stern for what Tim pays I would buy one or two a year. Tim get them for less than dealer cost because of the high traffic thru the Phof

Volume discounts apply to Stern's best customers. I wonder if BERK gets good pricing?

There are 2,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-a-joke-/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.