20240424_142230 (resized).jpg
20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 378.
#18701 16 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

i agree.. its bullshit.. i will be calling support asap.. i will be asking for new optos with connectors, plug and play basically

Stuff happens. Same thing happened to my GB nib... PB will help you out..

#18702 16 days ago

I'm sure its been asked but be great to know some thoughts on limited vs ripley in terms of cost/benefit plus reliability of parts

#18703 16 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

I'm sure its been asked but be great to know some thoughts on limited vs ripley in terms of cost/benefit plus reliability of parts

should be better imo.. they know the issues from the previous runs.. shouldn't be using cheaper stuff on any game

#18704 16 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

should be better imo.. they know the issues from the previous runs.. shouldn't be using cheaper stuff on any game

I think you'll find it's still pretty much all the same and little difference in part or build quality.
For PB it's still a priority of getting the machines built, getting the money and them getting them out there.
Then worry about issues afterwards and try and offer good support to counter this.

#18705 16 days ago

Good to know

At this stage as well the limited is 3k more than the ripley, makes it a tough sell

#18706 15 days ago

Question.

To update to code 4.1.1 I also need to update the firmware to 0.72, correct?

Do you need to update the firmware before updating the code?

And the firmware update is really only 95.5KB?

Thanks in advance.

#18707 15 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I think you'll find it's still pretty much all the same and little difference in part or build quality.
For PB it's still a priority of getting the machines built, getting the money and them getting them out there.
Then worry about issues afterwards and try and offer good support to counter this.

Agree

#18708 15 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Question.
To update to code 4.1.1 I also need to update the firmware to 0.72, correct?
Do you need to update the firmware before updating the code?
And the firmware update is really only 95.5KB?
Thanks in advance.

Code then firmware.

#18709 14 days ago

was 4.11.1 and .72 found to be stable? I thought people were having issues with it. Been patiently waiting for the followup version.

#18710 14 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

was 4.11.1 and .72 found to be stable? I thought people were having issues with it. Been patiently waiting for the followup version.

The only problem I've found with it is that it is missing some features that are specifically mentioned in the change log. Otherwise, it is fine.

#18711 14 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There was enough shaky reports early on that i have not upgraded yet.

#18712 14 days ago

Tilt stuck closed - cabinet sw. disabled, check connection messages on boot.

I opened up the cabinet board to find this. I wish it was easy to find the marking code for that part. (U7)

20240414_165244 (resized).jpg20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

#18713 14 days ago

Or any schematics for that matter.

#18714 14 days ago

You don't need schematics. Look at the other 2 adjacent circuits, they're all using identical parts, so you can reasonably assume U7 is the same part as U6 and U8.

#18715 14 days ago

Just became a new member.

Alien pinball (resized).jpgAlien pinball (resized).jpg
#18716 14 days ago
Quoted from benime:

You don't need schematics. Look at the other 2 adjacent circuits, they're all using identical parts, so you can reasonably assume U7 is the same part as U6 and U8.

As i said, that marking isn't easy to find. After looking up many FZY parts, none of them match the marking convention of this part. I could dig through the FZ markings, but that's a much bigger list.
I'll just need to get the part number from them.

#18717 14 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I opened up the cabinet board to find this. I wish it was easy to find the marking code for that part. (U7)
[quoted image]

Would I be correct in assuming that this is not a new machine? If it is, then I would get in touch with PB support; they would take care of it right away (I'd tell them about it even if it isn't a new machine anyway; they still might help you out).

#18718 14 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Would I be correct in assuming that this is not a new machine? If it is, then I would get in touch with PB support; they would take care of it right away (I'd tell them about it even if it isn't a new machine anyway; they still might help you out).

I have reached out, but as a second owner the support level isn't great, the resolution will likely be to buy a new board at a discount. Hopefully I can get the part number though.

I just found a big hole in U9 as well.

Looking further into it, a mini fit crimp was under the board when I removed it. I see a scorch mark on pin 1 of the J1 shaker connector, so it looks the shaker power shorted to the U9 microcontroller.

#18719 14 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

As i said, that marking isn't easy to find. After looking up many FZY parts, none of them match the marking convention of this part. I could dig through the FZ markings, but that's a much bigger list.
I'll just need to get the part number from them.

Looking at this list, we see some with FZY markings, and then it's a matter of narrowing it down by package type. Looks like SOT-25 to me, so you have two possibilities.

If you google those part numbers and look at the data sheets, you can see that the last marking, M, just represents the lot number so it's not significant in determining the purpose or spec of the part. Otherwise, the two SOT-25 parts appear to be identical in spec.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18720 14 days ago
Quoted from benime:

Looking at this list, we see some with FZY markings, and then it's a matter of narrowing it down by package type. Looks like SOT-25 to me, so you have two possibilities.
If you google those part numbers and look at the data sheets, you can see that the last marking, M, just represents the lot number so it's not significant in determining the purpose or spec of the part. Otherwise, the two SOT-25 parts appear to be identical in spec.
[quoted image]

Yeah, thanks. I was looking at it last night and missed that. It should be a XC6122C528 or IXD5122C528

#18721 14 days ago

Poor little feller

atmel (resized).pngatmel (resized).png
#18722 13 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Poor little feller
[quoted image]

THAT RIGHT THERE may be much more of a problem. That's an ARM Cortex M0 MCU, and depending on how PBros use it, could come with code pre-loaded in flash.

You could replace it, but then still be out of luck because it doesn't have the necessary firmware loaded.

#18723 13 days ago
Quoted from benime:

THAT RIGHT THERE may be much more of a problem. That's an ARM Cortex M0 MCU, and depending on how PBros use it, could come with code pre-loaded in flash.
You could replace it, but then still be out of luck because it doesn't have the necessary firmware loaded.

Oh! Good point!

I was just going to pull one from some old PF boards of theirs. I guess that might not work...

Well, hopefully if I can't repair it, I can at least get a discount on a new board as I operate the game in public.

#18724 13 days ago

Here's a shocker... Two weeks since PB told me it would be one to two weeks for my topper to ship and nothing.

#18725 13 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Here's a shocker... Two weeks since PB told me it would be one to two weeks for my topper to ship and nothing.

I don't mind waiting, I get it some things take time. What I don't like is they sent us all invoices to be paid by cash, bank transfer whatever, no protection by using a credit card and the promise of delivery in two weeks and nothing but crickets since then. They should have waited to collect the final balance and I doubt anyone would be upset at that.

#18726 13 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I got the 1-2 weeks e-mail today and then 2-3 days to ship out locally. Strangely enough I got contacted to pay for my Stranger Things Lab Mod that I didn't expect to get until end of summer today.

#18727 13 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Just got my NIB Alien RV and noticed a few things that probably need adjustments and a few just weird things in general.

Pic 2 = Metal chipping on the brand new apron? Like I said this is NIB Alien RV so this comes stock. Anyone else have this on theirs?

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My apron also looked torn/chipped/jagged along the edges. It was particularly noticeable along the top, left and right sides of the decal and was worst in the top center. To me, it looked like the tool used to cut the decal wasn't sharp so it tore instead of cutting cleanly. The picture of the decal at www.pbusasales.com shows smooth edges/cuts.

I contacted PB support and they sent me a brand new decal. It has crisp edges and does not look weathered. PB support for the win!

#18728 13 days ago

I think that is a MCP1416T mosfet driver

Quoted from Jahkub:

[quoted image]

#18729 13 days ago
Quoted from argon:

I think that is a MCP1416T mosfet driver

A driver would make far more sense looking at the circuit, thanks!

I'll have to wait for support anyway. Hopefully I won't have to just buy a new board.

#18730 12 days ago

PB Beacon kit finally arrived!

IMG_9110 (resized).jpegIMG_9110 (resized).jpegIMG_9120 (resized).jpegIMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
#18731 12 days ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

PB Beacon kit finally arrived! [quoted image][quoted image]

Have any pictures of the connector? For uh, science?

#18732 12 days ago

PB Beacon kit finally arrived! [quoted image][quoted image]

I didn’t know they were using off the shelf beacons and thought maybe they had done something proprietary. We offer very similar beacons for a lot less, plug and play.

#18733 12 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Someone mentioned their marketing person recently left (looking at the ABBA launch so far, who'd of guessed that...), and that's who was running their FB. That's unfortunate as they were doing a great job at providing updates.
My mini flasher kit is arriving today, so I'm good

My mini flasher kit has been lost somewhere in a local post office for the past 4 days

#18734 12 days ago

LED beacons just don't compare to real rotating beacons.

http://www.jkcosta.net/videos/Alien_Topper_Beacons.mp4

Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
#18735 12 days ago

I just received my shipping confirmation for the flasher kit, the Xeno head and the screen cover. Looks like they are making progress. I ordered about two months ago.

#18736 12 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

LED beacons just don't compare to real rotating beacons.
http://www.jkcosta.net/videos/Alien_Topper_Beacons.mp4[quoted image]

They're cool for sure, but I like having mine on in attract mode and the noise is a no-go for me. I'll say the LED ones used by PB look just find compared to the real rotating beacon on my TNA next to it. I needed the low profile due to ceiling height anyway so I didn't have a choice myself.

#18737 12 days ago

One thing's for sure, none of us who has ever worked under beacons all shift, all week has ever had a discussion about which beacon is cooler.

b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gifb6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif

#18738 12 days ago

Can someone please help me understand a couple of scoring questions before I reach out to PB for help?

First scoring question: Where does the egg count shown in the champion high scores come from and how does it relate to hitting the egg bumpers?

I know that hitting the egg bumpers repeatedly builds a score of "destroyed" eggs. During those egg hits, I can catch glimpses of a destroyed egg count on the screen. I've seen this count get as high as 15 or more.

What's confusing me are the champion high scores. For some reason, my Destroyed Egg count is displayed as 4 and I can't understand where this count comes from and how to increase it.

Second scoring question: When do the Weapons Icons on the score screen get lit? I have collected all of the available weapons during numerous games but I have yet to see any of the weapons icons light up.

TIA for any help.

#18739 12 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Have any pictures of the connector? For uh, science?

I’ll snap a pic for ya once I install the mini beacon playfield kit! They just splice it into a molex connector that connects by the tilt bob, doesn’t seem like anything crazy at all….

#18740 12 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t know they were using off the shelf beacons and thought maybe they had done something proprietary. We offer very similar beacons for a lot less, plug and play.

I was pretty surprised to get some AliExpress beacons. At least take them out of the box before you ship them!

#18741 12 days ago

I was pretty surprised to get some AliExpress beacons. At least take them out of the box before you ship them!

Ya, that irked me a little too. Obviously they re-wired them but at least make me feel like I’m not overpaying by 5x.

#18742 12 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

not a good practice or policy in my opinion.. my game had the hypersleep lock issue right out of the box.. they asked for videos, i sent them.. asked for more videos, i sent them.. wound up digging in and figuring out everything myself.. game is a ripleys and built 1 month ago.. the hypersleep has been an major issue for many years i believe and i thought by now it would have been revamped and fixed, guess i was wrong in that assumption.. kinda sad.

#18743 12 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

not a good practice or policy in my opinion.. my game had the hypersleep lock issue right out of the box.. they asked for videos, i sent them.. asked for more videos, i sent them.. wound up digging in and figuring out everything myself.. game is a ripleys and built 1 month ago.. the hypersleep has been an major issue for many years i believe and i thought by now it would have been revamped and fixed, guess i was wrong in that assumption.. kinda sad.

Yes, it is sad but true.
I've done the video stuff too but all to no avail.
I have also done much digging and figuring out for myself out of necessity.
PB should give me a QA job there as I've learnt so much due their lack of good QA.
I would at the very least teach them how to solder properly. Had another flipper solenoid wire drop off last night in the middle of a great game. (I resolded it while in game as didn't want to lose the score, LOL).

#18744 12 days ago

I just joined the Aliens LE club yesterday and wow this pin is blowing me away after only having a few chances to play it at shows and barely being able to hear it. Question on updating firmware - Is the USB connector inside the cabinet about a quarter of the way back on the left where there's a board there? Also my pin is currently on 3.2 firmware from July 2023 I believe, so what's the process of downloading the 4.1.1 latest code and installing? Thanks.

#18745 12 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I just joined the Aliens LE club yesterday and wow this pin is blowing me away after only having a few chances to play it at shows and barely being able to hear it. Question on updating firmware - Is the USB connector inside the cabinet about a quarter of the way back on the left where there's a board there? Also my pin is currently on 3.2 firmware from July 2023 I believe, so what's the process of downloading the 4.1.1 latest code and installing? Thanks.

This should have most of your answers. USB inserts behind translite. Don't forget to update the firmware also! Separate download for the firmware.

Game Code here:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001131820-alien-delta-game-update-4-1-1

Firmware here:

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001131843-firmware-update-0-72

#18746 11 days ago

Is there any kind of user/service manual that can be printed out?

#18747 11 days ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Is there any kind of user/service manual that can be printed out?

I opened a ticket maybe 2 weeks ago, the link for the service manual is DOA. I just got a response that its unavailable ATM and my question would be forwarded to the tech team.

Kinda strange its not available at all....

#18748 11 days ago

I'm not aware there's ever been a service manual.

#18749 11 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Can someone please help me understand a couple of scoring questions before I reach out to PB for help?
First scoring question: Where does the egg count shown in the champion high scores come from and how does it relate to hitting the egg bumpers?

Making a certain number of pop bumpers destroys 1 egg. That counts as 1 towards the total. Then it takes a few more pops to destroy the next egg, and so on. The screen is telling you how many pops are needed in order to advance the total by 1 more.

Second scoring question: When do the Weapons Icons on the score screen get lit?

The screen icons should match the playfield inserts, telling you which weapons are available to use. You light a weapon by either collecting our 5 standups, from a mystery award, or winning a movie scene. Hit the launch button to use your currently selected weapon (if you have multiple lit at once - the flippers will change it), then it will be cleared.

#18750 11 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This should have most of your answers. USB inserts behind translite. Don't forget to update the firmware also! Separate download for the firmware.
Game Code here:
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001131820-alien-delta-game-update-4-1-1
Firmware here:
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001131843-firmware-update-0-72

Thanks any issues with .72 and the 4.1.1 that I should be aware of? I see I’m currently on .71. Also I think I read a post earlier in this thread that you have to update the firmware first and then the game code is that correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 375 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/375 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.